Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Take Heed Of False Prophecies! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Take Heed Of False Prophecies! (7370 Views)

10 Nigerian Pastors/prophets Who Gave False Prophecies That Never Happened In 20 / Jehovah's Witnesses And Their Many False Prophecies / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2018 Prophecies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 11:11am On May 31, 2020
1stola:
WHAT THE LAW SAYS!

Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets.
Jesus is Not a confusionist But rather an Orderly person, ROMANS 10:4 ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION
.... Romans 10:4 KJV .... For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Omooba77: 11:14am On May 31, 2020
PROPHETmichael:

False prophet of nowadays I.e. the educated ones don't even create fear. So how do you detect such wolf in sheep's clothing? Also, even true prophet of the Lord also give prophetic word that can make the receiver to be afraid....So how do you balance such? And finally, do you know that there are more false apostles than false prophets which one should be very careful of as well, why do most Christians focus on the prophetic office than the other?

2 Corinthians 11:13
For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.

So how do you know a true apostle and a false apostle?

By their doings, you shall know them
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by 1stola: 11:21am On May 31, 2020
Benbellamor:
Jesus is Not a confusionist But rather an Orderly person, ROMANS 10:4 ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION
.... Romans 10:4 KJV .... For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Bullshît!
So, those scriptors means nothing because Christ is the so-called end?
Keep fooling yourselves in confusion.
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 11:23am On May 31, 2020
IDENTIFYING MARK JESUS POINTED TO IN (BOLDED)Matthew 7:15-20

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves
20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by ThatFairGuy: 11:29am On May 31, 2020
Can any ordained Christian explain this to me

Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 11:29am On May 31, 2020
1stola:

Bullshît!
So, those scriptors means nothing because Christ is the so-called end?
Keep fooling yourselves in confusion.
Sorry... The scripture doesn't please people who do not wants to Submit to it's true meanings.. Infact I was very glad when you call the word ..fooling..because that's what the scripture itself testifies that the true meaning of Gods word will look like Foolishness to the so called wise people... Can you now picture why the Pharisees Jewish law teachers are always in disagreement with Jesus.. Clap for yourself grin

2 Likes

Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by pieces18: 11:40am On May 31, 2020
Bluezy13:
You are inferring that the word of God has the good side and the bad side and the reason it is referred to as a two edged sword.

I am not a Christian, but I know you either lack knowledge of Christianity or you don't know what you are explaining.

That's true. Its advisable that one should be very sure of what he / she wants to talk about before coming up to speak. Because the question you asked was the same question on my mind.
God bless you bro you are indeed a good person. For the nairalanders that I know, you would have made it a matter of mockery and caricature.

Once God bless you richly.
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by 1stola: 11:43am On May 31, 2020
Benbellamor:
Sorry... The scripture doesn't please people who do not wants to Submit to it's true meanings.. Intact I was very glad when you call the word ..fooling..because that's what the scripture itself testifies that the true meaning of Gods word will look like Foolishness to the so called wise people... Can you now picture why the Pharisees Jewish law teachers are always in disagreement with Jesus.. Clap for yourself grin
The joke is on you.
You're the one living in denial of confusion.
The words of God is true, clearly stated and very understanding... Unless of course there have many doctorings in it... wink
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 11:45am On May 31, 2020
1stola:

Bullshît!
So, those scriptors means nothing because Christ is the so-called end
Another Bullshit here. WHY THE LAW?
Galatians 3:24-26 New King James Version (NKJV)

24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by pieces18: 11:47am On May 31, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Nothing will really make any meaning to you because you are not out to seek understanding. However, I pray that God will open your eyes that you may see the truth.
Have a wonderful day my brother.
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 11:51am On May 31, 2020
1stola:

The joke is on you.
You're the one living in denial of confusion.
The words of God is true, clearly stated and very understanding... Unless of course there have many doctorings in it... wink
Roman 10:4 and Galatians 3:24, 25 answers your questions perfectly, but unless you make your heart fertile the truthfulness of those verses will never grow...objective readers can easily get the gist thanks

1 Like

Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 12:01pm On May 31, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
I can answer each and every question. Just create a thread and put the very first question let's discuss. Then we move to the second. Then third...till last Can you? Please do that and send me a link here I will join you there definitely ...so that we don't derail this thread God bless you sir.
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by WaleRock: 12:13pm On May 31, 2020
Matthew 7:15-20
King James Version

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Proverbs 13:20
King James Version

20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 12:17pm On May 31, 2020
rentAcock:
OP you need to expatiate on that point. How exactly do we detect false prophesy? Do you want us to question men of God?
Why not question a man who claim to be a man if God? Is any of them greater than Jesus who was questioned Many times by the Pharisee. Jesus was questioned about Sabbath, and many other things and he humbly answered, he further says anyone who wants to pastor you MUST BE YOUR SERVANT, he further went on to describe how they serve you... Jesus washed the feet of his disciples.... Is that not a great humility? So we can question our servant who are pastors. Thanks
john 13:12-16
12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by 1stola: 12:43pm On May 31, 2020
Benbellamor:
Another Bullshit here. WHY THE LAW?
Galatians 3:24-26 New King James Version (NKJV)

24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor
Stop DECEIVING yourself!

All laws MUST be obeyed.

Jesus Christ said he didn't come to condemn the laws. That alone is enough!
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by daveP(m): 12:50pm On May 31, 2020
Bluezy13:
You are inferring that the word of God has the good side and the bad side and the reason it is referred to as a two edged sword.

I am not a Christian, but I know you either lack knowledge of Christianity or you don't know what you are explaining.

Understand him.... There are prophecies of doom and gloom, and also proph3cies that alleviate doom and gloom, btings joy, happiness.

Read the Bible if you understand Christianity better than him, since you say youre no Christian.
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by rosy02(f): 12:53pm On May 31, 2020
TRUE TALK OP.
CHECK MY SIG
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by daveP(m): 12:54pm On May 31, 2020
Omooba77, you sould have expanciated well instead of that brief writeup. Tjis prophecy topic is no a brief one atall. Next time sha.

True prophets also create fear

Elisha
Jeremiah
Jonah

Elisha made Hazael afraid, so sore afraid when he told him he was going to rip open women's womb and cause doom iver Israel. He couldn't believe he was such a dog. But prophecy is prophecy. He did just all that.

No matter your conviction, if it is true, it will come to pass.

That is what we use to know true and false.

But nect sunday sha
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 1:03pm On May 31, 2020
1stola:

Stop DECEIVING yourself!

All laws MUST be obeyed.

Jesus Christ said he didn't come to condemn the laws. That alone is enough!
I am Not the writer Now, these are: inspired words written over 2500 years ago.... You failed woefully by Not quoting scripture to back up your claims
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by WaleRock: 1:13pm On May 31, 2020
WaleRock:
Matthew 7:15-20
King James Version

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Proverbs 13:20
King James Version

20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

2 Timothy 4:3-5 KJV

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 1:19pm On May 31, 2020
1stola:

Stop DECEIVING yourself!

All laws MUST be obeyed.

yes laws must be obeyed relatively ....for example Before our independence in 1960 our cars and traffic laws are British regulated and lawful to drive a right hand drive cars before ,1960 but after independence we changed to the left hand drive cars and our traffic rules changed accordingly . .if you drive a right hand drive car and travel now you will be arrested by the Read safety. VIO and many More. Your own car will be impounded, you will sign an undertaken to go straight to change it to our lawful left hand drive...

So the British were our tutor leading us to our independence, and having formed our now independent laws we are not under the British dictated laws.

That is the message painted below Galatians 3:24-26 New King James Version (NKJV)

Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by femi4: 1:22pm On May 31, 2020
rentAcock:
OP you need to expatiate on that point. How exactly do we detect false prophesy? Do you want us to question men of God?
By their fruits .....
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 1:37pm On May 31, 2020
femi4:
By their fruits .....
Mathew 25:37-40
Jesus gave insight into what is expected of good pastor

Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 ,
........., ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me
.’
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by 1stola: 2:41pm On May 31, 2020
Benbellamor:
yes laws must be obeyed relatively ....for example Before our independence in 1960 our cars and traffic laws are British regulated and lawful to drive a right hand drive cars before ,1960 but after independence we changed to the left hand drive cars and our traffic rules changed accordingly . .if you drive a right hand drive car and travel now you will be arrested by the Read safety. VIO and many More. Your own car will be impounded, you will sign an undertaken to go straight to change it to our lawful left hand drive...

So the British were our tutor leading us to our independence, and having formed our now independent laws we are not under the British dictated laws.

That is the message painted below Galatians 3:24-26 New King James Version (NKJV)

No where was "relatively" implied unless you just want to be a hypocrite.
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 4:39pm On May 31, 2020
1stola:

grin grin if showing the truth plainly from Bible is hypocrisy why you can't counter with bible verses let it be
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by ThatFairGuy: 4:59pm On May 31, 2020
pieces18:

Nothing will really make any meaning to you because you are not out to seek understanding. However, I pray that God will open your eyes that you may see the truth.
Have a wonderful day my brother.
Nothing sensible in that Confusion. If you dare me, I can still send some confusion in Bible to you. IF YOU DARE ME
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 5:37pm On May 31, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Nothing sensible in that Confusion. If you dare me, I can still send some confusion in Bible to you. IF YOU DARE ME
I accept your challenge oga....you will realized that your curiosity blur your inner mind post your first single question and let me answer it, just one first now
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 5:44pm On May 31, 2020
1stola:

this is where the relativity comes in perfectly.... Gal 3:.25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor

How old are you? Because if they set this as a comprehensive test you might fail it ....it is either you are forcefully dishonest or just battling with low IQ

1 Like

Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by 1stola: 5:48pm On May 31, 2020
Benbellamor:
this is where the relativity comes in perfectly.... Gal 3:.25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor

How old are you? Because if they set this as a comprehensive test you might fail it ....it is either you are forcefully dishonest or just battling with low IQ
Bullshîts faith!
Your questionable faith you mean?
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Benbellamor: 6:04pm On May 31, 2020
1stola:

Bullshîts faith!
Your questionable faith you mean?
you sound like a broken cord grin grin get a life man...bye bye
Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by Ogagawhite(f): 6:18pm On May 31, 2020
Wen I Dey young our teacher taught us abt the five fold ministry but today everybody way turned prophet or wat to be a vessel tru which prophecy flows,na wa oh

Show me a prophet you will see your problem

In as much u get money for sacrifice

Re: Take Heed Of False Prophecies! by ThatFairGuy: 6:30pm On May 31, 2020
Benbellamor:
I accept your challenge oga....you will realized that your curiosity blur your inner mind post your first single question and let me answer it, just one first now
Okay.
Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord. —Proverbs 12:22

The Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee. —I Kings 22:23

Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. —2 Kings 24:8

Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem… —2 Chronicles 36:9

For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. —Exodus 20:5

The Lord is good to all. —Psalms 145:9

Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Kings 8:26

Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Chronicles 22:2

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit. —Proverbs 26:5

lemme stop here. Which would you believe among those confusions. Righteousness89 is always running from this, dunno why

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osanyin Worshipers Meet Here: May Osanyin Teach You Medicines Ase / No Joke: I Ate Moin Moin With Group Of People In My Sleep / God's Wrath Is Coming. Beware! Beware! Beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.