Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? (59667 Views)

Tired Of Staying At Home Which Of These Skills Should I Go For? / How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? / Are You Jobless? Earn, Learn & Have Fun With Wordstar Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Futurejoy(f): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
I finished secondary school at 16 and I started teaching in a primary school and I was paid 7k monthly till I was 17 years old and I got admission to do a 5 years course. During the strike in 2013, I went back to teaching in that primary school in the day time and one adult school in the evening (I was paid N150/lecture hour). In my 300l , I used the money I saved up to buy a printer and I started doing student registration and payment of school fees in my hostel....business failed but I am thankful for the experience.
After my university defense, I applied and got a teaching job in a secondary school and I did incredibly well, I taught there till I went for NYSC in 2018 . During my NYSC , I learnt how to sew clothes and after that I returned to my family house in November last year and I have been at home sewing while applying for jobs.
I want to own a standard private school ,a standard fashion school as well as go into real estate . I have big dreams and I know I will make it soon.

31 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by paulolee(m): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
teemann24:
omo dis ur post jst dey make laugh for.....dey make me laugh real hard
being broke is always full of dramaz..dts better than sitting at home na...see finish go they na...if u get work help me abeg

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by azadus18: 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2020
hmmm...i waz lucky..cuz d kind of sch i go..we are drafted for work automatically after convocation...
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by ff0000(m): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2020
OriOko88:
You gets favor from God because you never break your virginity. Another conspiracy theorist
(°^°)/ STFU!
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
paulolee:

being broke is always full of dramaz..dts better than sitting at home na...see finish go they na...if u get work help me abeg

stop looking for work, acquire skills and market yourself simple.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by IjawAboki007: 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
Righteousness89:
I Completed university at 21 . (2006)

The Job I desired was not Forth coming so I had to do the Job I didn't desire. As long as it brought in some cash! I also gain some great knowledge that has helped me and many others

I also improved myself with some Certifications ( Nebosh, Nhs, etc)

I later Resigned and had some good business dealings with my a relation.. All these things were totally outside my Course of Study (Accounting)

At a time I sold Arduino uno Pc and all that programming stuff with no Fore knowledge and Experience. But it was great!

By GOD'S Grace and Help I Relocated out of the Country!

I am still a Work in Progress !

When I look back , I have Great Reason to say THANK YOU PRECIOUS FATHER!

The few facts I know is
1. Knowing and Trusting JESUS Eliminates Many Struggles in Life.

2. Don't live life To please People! The Moment what you do is pleasing to GOD , carry on

3. Don't always follow the Multitude or Majority! The Multitude most times are Wrong. Follow what GOD'S word says and those who share similar belief.

4. Fornication is a Crippler of Destiny! It takes you back and down the pit. ( I say this From personal Experience)

5. No Matter how Friends Give up on you, do not Give up on yourself..

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by emmaphy22(m): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
My own case is nothing to write home about.
I'm in my late twenties and this month will make it exactly one year that I completed my youth service. To cut the long story short, I've been sitting down at home for close to a year now doing nothing. I'm still roaming around the streets of abuja submitting CV but no positive response. I've search for menial jobs non is forth coming. I intend starting a business but no capital, learning a skill from anywhere now involves you to pay money for apprenticeship. The worst of it all is that my family members don't even care weather I'm still alive or dead. I'm scouting with someone right down and I'm sure the person will be tired of me soon. Suicide thoughts is just coming to my mind every time. I'm willing to start small but that small self no won gree start o. I'm fed up with life.

11 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by QueenMarvella(f): 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
Well, am in my early twenties, still schooling but I have my own business. Skincare business to be precise so you people should patronize me o, Abeg.
Learnt tailoring few years ago but I sew once in a while. Maybe I would go into it full-time, maybe I would not,dunno yet.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by jeff2010(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
emmaphy22:
My own case is nothing to write home about.
I'm in my late twenties and this month will make it exactly one year that I completed my youth service. To cut the long story short, I've been sitting down at home for close to a year now doing nothing. I'm still roaming around the streets of abuja submitting CV but no positive response. I've search for menial jobs non is forth coming. I intend starting a business but no capital, learning a skill from anywhere now involves you to pay money for apprenticeship. The worst of it all is that my family members don't even care weather I'm still alive or dead. I'm scouting with someone right down and I'm sure the person will be tired of me soon. Suicide thoughts is just coming to my mind every time. I'm willing to start small but that small self no won gree start o. I'm fed up with life.

bro similar situation...june 24 will make it a year i finished service with nothing to show for it.

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by kalex0(m): 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
PetersKID:

if you want Adsense to approve your blog fast you must have the following; Contact Us, Privacy Policy, About Us, Disclaimer.

use blogger platform

your first 30 articles/post must be original

though they approve mine with 16 articles

submit your site to Google Search console

after two months apply it works like magic

make sure you have not use that particular phone for Adsense application before

Incase u plan on using the same phone.

Can VPN do the magic

U should know what I meant
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Island01: 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
Akemim:

I do blogging and dropshipping
Which company do you do your drops hopping with, good evening bro
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by petitejolie(f): 11:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
Generalsamm:

I understand how painful it must have been...but you still need to try again....You'll live to tell tales of success in the years to come.
before then I had put in money to a kinda network biz and that one too went like that and I felt mayb cos I was dealing with a young guy and u know most young guys and girls like me are not trust worthy although I believe I’m an exception. So this time around I tot okay this biz is not the networking biz and this man is such an advanced man and wouldn’t want to fall his hand for a small girl like me. I mean I’m in my 20s and dis man is close to his 50s and he has seen millions so he’s likely not to get carried away with my hundred of thousands Atleast that’s wat I tot. And den just for d first supply he messed everything up and didn’t even return Atleast half of d money. So that has made me scared. First I’m scared cos both the young and old are the same thing and den I’m scared cos I feel well mayb I’m not meant to do bizness.

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Frankicent(m): 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
Igolonwaanyi:
I've never been jobless.

Left secondary when I was 16. I spent four years at home working as a sales girl, saving for Uni, and helping my dad out with my salary sometimes.

Entered University, started side jobs while schooling. Editing people's novels for small fee. Working as a sales girl during ASUU strike and vacation.

In my third year, I got a steady job writing for a blog daily. My start pay was 25k monthly. With that I was able to pay my outstanding school fees, textbooks and final year clearance. Luckily it was during the free education period of 2013-2019.

Graduated last year. Since then, I've not had to apply for any job. Still doing that writing job (40k now) and also handling my own blog.

Hopefully by 2021 I'd have saved enough to leave Nigeria for masters.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by laoludavid(m): 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
yinkbell:
why can't you sign up with paxful.com? Do their verification and raise your bitcoin biz back
How will I do that. Tho there are rippers on that platform
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by urchcoded(m): 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
timsucess:

Am ready to learn
check my signature. Or pm me.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by laoludavid(m): 11:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
Carlyboi:

Bro,There’s always light at the end of the tunnel and I have got this saying bout life whenever life hits us the hardest from that point on it would only get better....don’t get desperate and don’t despair a lot of people are going through stuffs like you you’re not alone just channel your energy into positive thoughts and productive endeavors do an analysis yourstrength,your skills and your ability don’t be too proud,shy or afraid to start small just keep at something...and also if you’re a great believer in God speak to him he listens and I believe he’s gonna light up your path..there’s always something for everyone of US we just have to find that one thing and run with it and lastly stay upright,stay clean and Legit there’s always a reward for such existence without having to fear no consequences don’t delve into anything that’s gonna give you a troubled conscience and a war with your soul or make you look over your back cos at the end of the day it’s not worth it.life and existence is just a mirage we should do our best to be happy,enjoy it,be fulfilled and make the most of it before we hear the Call it’s too mundane to live it extremely!May the heavenly force be with you Bro
Thanks brother, I really appreciate it. It's just that everything be am so hard all of a sudden.
Thanks anyway, I believe there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Frankicent(m): 11:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
Akemim:
Finish Secondary school at 19
NYSC at 25
Self employed and also doing my masters, would have finished this year, but COVID 19 and ASUU
Building my house now

Still looking for other stream of income now that I am home... I still stay with my parents though.

self employed at 25.. Choi can you put me through?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by petitejolie(f): 11:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
NextBuhari:
Same thing happened to me. It's almost impossible to find trustworthy people in our today's world. It almost became a police case. Didn't even get to recover all of my money. People with conscience are very few these days.
I didn’t even get any penny. I didn’t want that . Someone even said I should go to his wife cos she works with first bank in that area. I even wanted to get my friends in d social media space involved to drag his name on social media and troll him but mehnnnn that’s too much drama Nd I don’t like dramas . I do my best to avoid dramas. Now I know why some people go as far as killing someone who derailed in bizness. But Godforbid that I do it. It’s over one year and I’ve let it go but now I’m scared of going into any bizness at all. I feel like I won’t do well or I might b swindled.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Rhymeyjohn: 11:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
toyotamuscle:
my very good friend in my uni days is into Gee but he is in Malaysia.i cant grab what he is trying to teach me cos he is very far.any real Gee in abuja should please chat me for me to be his apprentice.infact I have 6gig of data cuts my sis every month.and I have a laptop.iv done ccna, but no job galaxy back bone in abuja couldn't even gv me an intern job.i have done WordPress web design still no show.done phone repair from one police case to another I just hands up for that one.08089411836 please

Don't do fraud. It may look exciting at first. Bible says, stolen waters are sweet, but at the end, the mouth would be full of gravel. Have hope, your skill and certificate would pay you

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Frankicent(m): 11:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
Favoritedealer:
Make I no lie na Yahoo i do,finished UNI at 23,I stayed home for a year and looked for job everywhere I didn't see shit,got a phone and a laptop then started bombing, I made my first million at 24.
7 years later now I'm a legit business owner if you can call it a business sha, I have 9 taxis and I employ young men to drive them and they deliver to me weekly .I guess I'm still jobless cos I don't do anything all day.i just wait till weekend and collect my due

how much do you get for one taxi?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Frankicent(m): 11:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
obayendo1010:
Haha
My own easy die from skool I enter street from street I done rush 2 building now rent I dey enjoy now back to back all thanks to God and bitcoin....

bitcoin trading? Bro you fit put me through
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by petitejolie(f): 11:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
NextBuhari:
Same thing happened to me. It's almost impossible to find trustworthy people in our today's world. It almost became a police case. Didn't even get to recover all of my money. People with conscience are very few these days.
thing happened to me. It's almost impossible to find trustworthy people in our today's world. It almost became a police case. Didn't even get to recover all of my money. People with conscience are very few these days.[/quote] I didn’t even get any penny. I didn’t want a police case cos I didn’t trust dem too . Someone even said I should go to his wife cos she works with first bank in that area. I even wanted to get my friends in d social media space involved to drag his name on social media and troll him but mehnnnn that’s too much drama Nd I don’t like dramas . I do my best to avoid dramas. Now I know why some people go as far as killing someone who derailed in bizness. But Godforbid that I do it. It’s over one year and I’ve let it go but now I’m scared of going into any bizness at all. I feel like I won’t do well or I might b swindled.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by emmaphy22(m): 11:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
jeff2010:

bro similar situation...june 24 will make it a year i finished service with nothing to show for it.

people will always tell you to start small and stop thinking of that dream job. But you need something to start small. I'm willing to start small even if is starting with a security job or cleaner, at last last them go tell you say you no get experience for the job. its really frustrating man.

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by paulolee(m): 11:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
Pentolution:

stop looking for work, acquire skills and market yourself simple.
show me the way na..wan learn confirm skills...skills get diff types and naijabet forcasting self na skills....wich do u think i learn??
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Carlyboi(m): 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
laoludavid:

Thanks brother, I really appreciate it. It's just that everything be am so hard all of a sudden.
Thanks anyway, I believe there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Uwc bro where do you stay and where are you from maybe we can chat on WhatsApp and just rub minds discuss opportunities
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
paulolee:

show me the way na..wan learn confirm skills...skills get diff types and naijabet forcasting self na skills....wich do u think i learn??

go learn work under someone e.g barbing, welding, furniture. the look dirty but the they make a lot of money.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
paulolee:
good...we still in the jobless stream rightnow trying to swim out of it and praying to get a job and on how am coping...na to jus take my bath, wear nice clothes and spray perfume join and stroll to the the nearest bet9ja shop in ma area bt in the next 3 streets (just like say na company wey i de do I.T) and join the other jobless boys in street to discuss abt the latest news 4 area, gist abt any of us dt av received job offers recently and wish him well while praying for our turn and start forcasting matches for the day that we do sell to interested cliants that dnt av time to book games and do walked bk home at intervals to eat whenever am hungry, the funny thing na the way people they greet me when i de come back for evening like who jus return from work and meself go they answer like who had a busy day....las las man go de alright..
abeg you fit dey help me with 2odds?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Goddys(m): 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
My intent as the sport season is resuming is to invest 100k into sport betting.

I will divide the 100k into 10 places and stake odd of 0.1 daily which will give me 1k profit per stake.

With 100k, I will be making 10k profit daily. The chance of 0.1 odd losing is extremely low

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Frankicent(m): 11:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
tunjijones:

Pro courses means professional courses.

I did CCNA and later did cyber security risk management.

I work with an IT security firm now.

Make sense. I have plans on starting a career on I.T mainly Cloud and cyber security. The thing am still in school. I need a job that pay in terms of cash acquired skills.

Can you help me?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Proffesy: 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
Sysdatek:
Finished school

Went straight into fx and crypto
No time
No regrets
E too bad 2kusd a month

Evening Bro, on a good note,how encouraging/profitable is forex trading
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Makanaki127: 11:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
bbewaj:
After my Nysc @ 25, when there was nothing for about 2years, I decided to squat with a friend then I started online business, UK used laptops to be precise.... To God be the glory
Now have u made it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Female EKSU Graduate Does Shoemaking For A Living (pics) / Man Sacked After Being Caught On CCTV Masturbating In Office's Kitchen / Pretty Nigerian Fire Fighter Is Causing A Twitter Meltdown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.