Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him (34438 Views)

Mudashiru Obasa Meets EndSARS Protesters, Signs Petition / See Lagos State Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Special Bread Packaged For Lagosians / Covid-19: Lagos Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Shares Bread To Households (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 24, 2020
Mudashiru Obasa, Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, reacted to allegations of gross corruption against him by saying "money is for spending".

Obasa made the remarks in an Instagram Live interview with Dele Momodu, Publisher of Ovation Magazine.

SaharaReporters had in recent weeks exposed embezzlement and financial misappropriation carried out by the Speaker and some of his allies at the Lagos Assembly.

Obasa while responding to questions from Momodu said, "Money is for spending. I was Chairman, House Committee on Rural, and thank God Dr Kasali who was the comissioner is still alive.

"I became the Chairman, House Committee on PHC, and we still have 57 local governments and most of the chairmen then are still arround. We have Akabueze who was the Comissioner for Economic Planning is still so much alive.

"Fashola who was governor, Ambode and the rest. Call any of them, any of those people I just mentioned cannot link anything to me that Obasa when he was a comissioner he has done this, he has done that, no. I am saying it openly so people can hear, these people are alive so probably they are watching.

"Among the allegations they have raised, they didn't say Obasa stole money, they said he spent money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l0Wa3Ix3Ds

"What is the purpose of money? Is it not to spend? But the question, how did you spend this money? Do you have budgetary provison for the money you are spending? Yes.

"Training, seminar are they not part of budget? Festival and all sorts under which you have parties. They alleged we used N258 to print invitation card, is that possible? I don't even think Dangote will ever do such a stupid thing when the total budget for the programme was N61m."

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/24/money-spending-says-lagos-speaker-obasa-response-corruption-allegations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by cutefy: 2:47pm On May 24, 2020
Nigeria with these kind of people as leaders...
60 yrs post independence, no tangible development to show. The country has being experiencing steady retrogression.

157 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Beedude(m): 2:57pm On May 24, 2020
It's all good

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Bossontop(m): 3:02pm On May 24, 2020
undecided
Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Righteousness89(m): 3:02pm On May 24, 2020
It's a Matter of Time!

We will know the Truth!

If he Escapes the Earth Judgment

He will not Escape the Judgment of the Chief Judge of The Heaven and Earth..

Many like Obasa have come and gone!

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Nigeriabiafra80: 3:48pm On May 24, 2020
Our western brothers won’t push him to efcc
If na orji kalu
U go see them
Well he is looting for bourdilion bullion van

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Lyydia(f): 3:51pm On May 24, 2020
Sometime I just sigh and wonder how I found myself in this country.

Its in Nigeria that u steal and rob it on face of masses
sad

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Racoon(m): 3:54pm On May 24, 2020
sad This man is even talking nonsense.Hear the rubbish he is speaking as English Language? And the Lagos HOA is still allowing this man to insulting their sensibility? Why cant they even investigate these damning allegations?

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by raker300: 4:01pm On May 24, 2020
Someone told me here that yorubas love Obasa and that me and my igbo brothers should mind our business..

Coming from a young man, that statement shocked me to my marrow.

These criminals feel they’re endorsed by their own people..Wch explains the audacious looting

..but I’ll Mind my business

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Karlifate: 4:08pm On May 24, 2020
Yes, 'public' money is meant to be spent on public development NOT on personal frivolities.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 24, 2020
This guy paid twitter influencers a whooping N60m just to paint saharareporters in bad light.
If anyone tells you Nigeria is going to be better, end whatever connection you have with such person

I'm still buying fairly used iPhone 7 plus. Dm for deal

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Zuriel23: 4:52pm On May 24, 2020
Ok
But one of the allegations says that, you are using your position as the speaker to award contracts to your own company and also to your friends.
It's not weather money is meant to be spent.

4 Likes

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 24, 2020
Let them eat while there is food and teeth to do so for a time shall come when they will not be able to do so.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by ENGINEERG(m): 4:52pm On May 24, 2020
Like tinubu like obasa

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by bliz123: 4:52pm On May 24, 2020
This space I kept is not useful to me, interested users can signify.

Minus anybody from Nigeria. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Ogaga87(m): 4:53pm On May 24, 2020
Just sue them for them defamation...

This is why I like whity people

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Ku4samm(m): 4:54pm On May 24, 2020
That's very good
Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by 4four(m): 4:54pm On May 24, 2020
Righteousness89:
It's a Matter of Time!

We will know the Truth!

If he Escapes the Earth Judgment

He will not Escape the Judgment of the Chief Judge of The Heaven and Earth..
what is the consign of Nigeria politicians with heaven, it is only the poor man in the streets that think of heaven and earth

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Heffalump(m): 4:55pm On May 24, 2020
In Nigeria, politicians steal secretly and defend it openly shocked
Mad people!

7 Likes

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by prinsam30: 4:55pm On May 24, 2020
I won't book space and I won't comment
Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by litathom(m): 4:55pm On May 24, 2020
Lo
Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by salford1: 4:55pm On May 24, 2020
Lol. Continue.
Agege bread is for eating too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:55pm On May 24, 2020
Our leader are just deceiving us

guys let go and hustle ooo
So that we wount see Eba and call it fufu in future

Hope is lost in this country

With what am seeing chai
So much embezzlement just look what this man is saying. Effcc icpc need to investigate this man well he is even laughing in the video

Chai. Nigeria my country am tired

Our leader are just deceiving us God help us oo

Only prayer we need in this country

3 Likes

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by punisha: 4:55pm On May 24, 2020
We are no more surprised.
They don't need weapons to rob either... Just give them one small political office n they loot away.

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by mrwonlasewonie: 4:57pm On May 24, 2020
Gbenusoun

See his cheeks and belle. cheesy

Otifowo ilu je bokoto,round about,Shaki, Pomo ati 33 tutu tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by salford1: 4:57pm On May 24, 2020
Morray:
This guy paid twitter influencers a whooping N60m just to paint saharareporters in bad light.
If anyone tells you Nigeria is going to be better, end whatever connection you have with such person
Japa while you can. I sensed where the country was going the moment I was old enough to understand what corruption meant.

5 Likes

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Ugwueme1(m): 4:57pm On May 24, 2020
Money is meant for spending.but did you spend it legally

6 Likes

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 24, 2020
Well EFCC does not work well with Lagos Govt

if its rivers state now
hmm undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him by Harrison4adam(m): 4:57pm On May 24, 2020
This guy ought to be behind bars now. Plus that food distribution Minister who will definitely end up like Deziani and Abacha.

17 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Are Forgiven, Ooni Replies Sunday Igboho / Erhiatake Ibori Intensifies Campaign In Delta State (photos) / Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.