Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo (65536 Views)

#endsars: What I Studied In The University Vs What I Do Now - Nigerian Graduates / I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? / Can I Study SLT In HND When I Studied Food Tech In OND ?( result attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Oluf3mi(m): 11:58am On May 30, 2020
1stola:
Stop DECEIVING YOURSELVES! Pharm.D or not, you are a pharmacist and not a DOCTOR!
And to become a PhD doctor, you will be required to do a masters before PhD.
Doctor lot, nurse ni.
You must know here from somewhere to dislike her this much.

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Evercurious(f): 12:01pm On May 30, 2020
BiggyB242:

I'm telling you bro, I know of someone presently who was expelled in his final year for examination malpractice and another who was done with his clearance was called back. That's pure wickedness at least give them suspension probably 1 year or 2.

If you are caught for exam malpractice, it l be best you expel yourself by applying for a change of school before facing exam malpractice panel. Get your transcript and run to the new school
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by TheManOfTheYear: 12:01pm On May 30, 2020
Oluf3mi:

Happened to a friend back in school. 400L, we were called for final clearance. We had to face panels...it wasnt a funny one eh. Well we all almost made it. My friend, a lady didnt. It was so sad,I mean, we were getting ready to write final exams. She had to go to Lag to start all over. Sad ish...but she took it in good faith and I knw she did good where she went to.
Is it that she didn't qualify for the course or what exactly?
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by ABUPHARM(m): 12:02pm On May 30, 2020
Whatever you put your mind u can achieve, more than 70% of my friends still ask, how you take enter pharmacy school? after 4years of attempt. Uniben putme show me shege dat year sha.. I almost contemplated suicide the last time I had 65 agg score without admission. But now, e don become history. All in all, there is no limit to what anyone can achieve, you just have to believe in your self.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Evercurious(f): 12:04pm On May 30, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:

FAKE OR INCOMPLETE RESULT. Forget the long story
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by TheManOfTheYear: 12:06pm On May 30, 2020
Evercurious:

FAKE OR INCOMPLETE RESULT. Forget the long story
You mean WAEC or JAMB?
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Evercurious(f): 12:08pm On May 30, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:
You mean WAEC or JAMB?

WAEC ESPECIALLY
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by potent5(m): 12:08pm On May 30, 2020
gbagyiza:

You see reason many people prefer to school oversea than here in Nigeria. How can a school offered admission to a student n when the student is about graduating, the school claimed that the admission has issue. If it was questionable, why noticing it late not earlier? It means something is wrong with our system here. Recently the same university informed some of its students to go n apply for change of course after they were offered admission n most of them had already done their registration. Which nonsense is this? We r not serious here in Nigeria.
It was so terrible at the University of Uyo between 2000 and 2004 that 1/3 of the students became ghost students who had lost their admission and had no business being within the school, but remained there out of frustration and fear of "what people would say".
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by TheManOfTheYear: 12:10pm On May 30, 2020
Evercurious:

WAEC ESPECIALLY
OK thank you
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by sosospence(m): 12:11pm On May 30, 2020
germaphobe:
also a pharmacy student currently in my 200 level. first semester 100level was cool, was serious and all gp was good and high, fast forward to second semester i screwed up no need of even checking my result cus i know there will be alot of carryovers, started 200level on a sad and depressed mood everything was just not making sense anymore friends still think i'm the same guy they used to know in 100level first semester, before the corona break we were preparing for exams, and some where planning on sitting with me i was thinking of how i'm entering another crisis of carryovers. thank God for the break i have worked on myself and the passion is back can't wait to pick up
Ahead ahead
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by somtoto(m): 12:11pm On May 30, 2020
[quote author=germaphobe post=89970187]also a pharmacy student currently in my 200 level. first semester 100level was cool, was serious and all gp was good and high, fast forward to second semester i screwed up no need of even checking my result cus i know there will be alot of carryovers, started 200level on a sad and depressed mood everything was just not making sense anymore friends still think i'm the same guy they used to know in 100level first semester, before the corona break we were preparing for exams, and some where planning on sitting with me i was thinking of how i'm entering another crisis of carryovers. thank God for the break i have worked on myself and the passion is back can't wait to pick up[/quotte]

you are clearly not a pharmacy student.which school allows a pharmacy student to carryover a course

2 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Mires: 12:11pm On May 30, 2020
Period007:

https://trupharmacyng.com/2020/05/24/my-missionary-journey-through-pharmacy-school-dr-obakpolo-lauretta/?fbclid=IwAR0TH5-LAnCORvJhLkHCRlP3p8JuA2r36gkyNdic8bGKMPjRxPp644IljhM

Induction day with my parents

You got me laughing with "Before Uniben will change their minds ...." I like your dad spirit. He is indeed, a goal setter.

Having said that, I could understand the experience of Jimbaz and Abuja in specific. Bio 101, 102, MTN 111, MTH 112 if the codes have not been changed. It really hurts going through the rigors of UNN academics and one's dream was to be shattered at final year. I thank your parents who never gave up on you. I also thank you who saw it as a booster to achieve more. Above all, I thank God whose grace was sufficient unto you.

In passing, congratulations and use your success story to impact on lives positively.

4 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by saintkeppy(m): 12:12pm On May 30, 2020
Evercurious:

If you are caught for exam malpractice, it l be best you expel yourself by applying for a change of school before facing exam malpractice panel. Get your transcript and run to the new school

I have never seen such here in Nigeria, I don't know if it exist at all.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Oluf3mi(m): 12:13pm On May 30, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:
Yea...something like. Her results wasnt good enough for the course...and funny how we had had two previous ones in different levels before our final year. The matter tire us them.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by alabilomo(m): 12:16pm On May 30, 2020
Congratulations, Pharm!!!
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by 1stola: 12:18pm On May 30, 2020
SolomonGrundy:
D joke is on u mate. She's a doctor, u can choke on it.
In your face!
Keep fooling yourself.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by nams77: 12:18pm On May 30, 2020
Give you father my hug. He is the real MVP! And kudos for never giving up. Your story is an inspiration.
I laughed when u said ur dad grabbed ur certificate abi na license and went home shaperly grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by yusluvad(m): 12:18pm On May 30, 2020
Hmmm
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by centpado(m): 12:19pm On May 30, 2020
Op congratulations to you

I read biochemistry in UNN (nsukka) and during my third year , the school had to paste my name for admission problems.... I was scared

Later found out that my WAEC results that was printed , and used for admission had an incomplete registration number , so I travelled back to my secondary school to request for my original WAEC result.

That was my saving grace

3 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by nams77: 12:20pm On May 30, 2020
SolomonGrundy:
D joke is on u mate. She's a doctor, u can choke on it.
Why people are so stewpid baffles me sometimes.
Maybe the said guy fit be agbero or drop out but he is here dissing someone's achievement

4 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by pxjosh(m): 12:23pm On May 30, 2020
1stola:

Stop DECEIVING YOURSELVES!
Pharm.D or not, you are a pharmacist and not a DOCTOR!

And to become a PhD doctor, you will be required to do a masters before PhD.

Doctor kor, nurse ni.
I implore you to make research on if Pharm.D holders can be addressed as Doctors.

4 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Gentlesoul96(m): 12:26pm On May 30, 2020
Consistency and dedication are very important in archiving one goals and in any situation you find yourself never give up and definitely the world will surely celebrate u greatly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Mires: 12:27pm On May 30, 2020
Randy100:
I don't want to sound insensitive to her case but she is to be blamed for what happened to her at UNN. I stil like her courage and determination in fighting till last. She is welcomed to the noble profession of druggist.

You are somewhat correct. I don't understand when students as well as graduates testify that they were given fake admission. I some times see it as desperation on the part of the student(s) that landed such people into the mess. For instance, I was denied admission three consecutive times after scoring above 200 and successive score in them. However that didn't make me desperate. When I finally had a score that was convincing that no federal University in Nigeria can deny me admission, I was not only happy, I was confident while in the lions den (UNN) whenever we hear certificate verification is to be taken place that I am free. Mind you, I was offered admission in three federal University (same course) but I chose UNN.

During registration and certificates verification at Ekpo Ref, I wasn't scared. Final year certificate verification, I only paid the required money we were asked and I went to sleep.

In summary, we should be sure that we are not doing what we are not supposed to do. It backfires more especially in UNN. Shalom

5 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by smartoliver(m): 12:29pm On May 30, 2020
Better president that year. I remember acting as an agent for the then PRO candidate for that election. Beautiful memories
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by folake4u(f): 12:33pm On May 30, 2020
Awww Lauretta, I remember her when she was still SUG Presido when I was in 300level.

I went to Hall1 common room with my friend to buy something and she was at my back talking to someone else, I now asked my friend "What's a man doing in this hostel by this time?" Only for me to turn and she was smiling at me, I apologized sha. Her voice is thick and almost masculine and to top it, she's huge. I later discovered she's a humble person.

I'm happy her dreams came true.

7 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 12:35pm On May 30, 2020
BiggyB242:

I'm telling you bro, I know of someone presently who was expelled in his final year for examination malpractice and another who was done with his clearance was called back. That's pure wickedness at least give them suspension probably 1 year or 2.
Done with clearance? What did he do?
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by prophetvaliance: 12:35pm On May 30, 2020
What of the 18 seater bus you kolobied ?
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by ruffhandu: 12:36pm On May 30, 2020
Randy100:
You are now sounding so emotional. Laws are made to keep order. From your comment, we should go ahead and forgive Evans the kidnapper since Babachir Lawal is free man after all they stole from people. The truth is that the world is unfair to some people, some would be lucky in her shoe while others won't but those who are caught should face the music, the law should deal mercilessly with them. You know why? It will discourage those that have the intention of following the same path.

I totally agree with your position, that's my believe. Because a notherner and a southerner commit same crime and one is forgiven and the other is not does not mean any discrimination for me. The question to ask is, is the punished innocent? If the answer is yes, then the punisher has not done any wrong.

But, I wouldn't want you to join issues with anyone, you were already sounding mature, keep it that way. Returning an insult, to me, means bringing yourself to the same level of reasoning with your attacker, except when it's absolutely necessary. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by SolomonGrundy: 12:40pm On May 30, 2020
1stola:

In your face!
Keep fooling yourself.
U seem to have lost touch of reality. Ur folly is self aggrandizement.

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Daum: 12:40pm On May 30, 2020
If this truly your account Lauretta, then I say congratulations.

I don't want to talk about your SUG days in Uniben.

Wish you the best of life ahead.

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 12:40pm On May 30, 2020
Evercurious:

FUTO does same..Thats VERIFICATION OF RESULTS. Some of my housemates were sent out of school 4th year first semester due to fake, incomplete results etc.. But all had to do with questionable admission..

The person wey carry the 'fake' result enter school no know?
Do schools check state of origin too or is it result that they check only? Somebody told me that
state universities usually write letters to WAEC and NECO to give them the true results of their students as well as the states of origin they wrote while registering for those exams, but I told him that they only check results, not states of origin there, yet he disagreed.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Kayharry(m): 12:41pm On May 30, 2020
Watch out this her story will be used against in future if she venture into politics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

New Waste Bins Used In LASU (Photos) / Mmesoma Joy is a fraud, faked results - JAMB / Ten Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.