Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo (65812 Views)

#endsars: What I Studied In The University Vs What I Do Now - Nigerian Graduates / I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? / Can I Study SLT In HND When I Studied Food Tech In OND ?( result attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Munzy14(m): 12:41pm On May 30, 2020
nice one @period007 ,but how come no one observed u are using a fake identity?
A female using (m) ??
Do things the right way.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by sageb: 12:41pm On May 30, 2020
potent5:
Never give up on your dreams. I had a similar experience studying... From university of Uyo to the University of Nigeria.
To God be the glory for the courage to take a deep breath and try again.
you were a tuskite. Which set were you in?
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 12:46pm On May 30, 2020
laiza:
Men of Honor!
You're the real deal. The second time you started you weren't a novice and I think that helped. Same with me but it was Medicine and Surgery and I left in year 3 to to study Pharmacy in University of Jos.
Maybe you failed 2nd MBBS.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Mexyz(m): 12:47pm On May 30, 2020
Randy100:
The blames goes to her for the following reasons

1. Submitting fake document if that was the case.
2. If it is fake admission, then, it means that she didn't make the cut off mark and she was trying to cut corners. It still her fault.

The school is not to be blamed because they warned each candidate beforehand. The school has a policy of reviewing each candidates admission intensively in their penultimate year that is were most people are caught and shown the door. Do you still think the school is to be blamed?
Good points here, I remembered some of my course mates were shown the door in our penultimate year in Uniben during the final clearance and verification of O'level results and admission.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Evercurious(f): 12:50pm On May 30, 2020
mannyiyke:
Do schools check state of origin too or is it result that they check only? Somebody told me that
state universities usually write letters to WAEC and NECO to give them the true results of their students as well as the states of origin they wrote while registering for those exams, but I told him that they only check results, not states of origin there, yet he disagreed.

I dont know about the issue of state of origin. Moreover my coursemates expelled were Igbo's from SE . so the state of origin issue shouldn't /didnt even apply here
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by saintkeppy(m): 12:55pm On May 30, 2020
iaamxavier:

You can't have carry over in 100L and move to 200L
You must repeat that 100L.. that's how it's done in every pharmacy school

1F in 100L level and you repeat the level
There's no opportunity of resitting any course in 100l

It depends on the school's policy governing The Pharmacy Dept. I think in Uniport, a student repeats Yr.1 if he or she fails any core science course not just any course. But can carry over a minor 100L course. But generally Pharmacy is not easy there, any aspiring students must be mentally ready, it requires all amount of seriousness &commitments, their students don't have time for school politics. After MBBS, they're the most prayer warriors on campus. smiley
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Evercurious(f): 12:56pm On May 30, 2020
saintkeppy:

I have never seen such here in Nigeria, I don't know if it exist at all.

I used to exist epecially in the late 90s and early 2000. Dont know about now. .NEVER WAIT TO FACE EXAM MALPRACTICE PANEL
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by saintkeppy(m): 1:05pm On May 30, 2020
Evercurious:

I used to exist epecially in the late 90s and early 2000. Dont know about now. .NEVER WAIT TO FACE EXAM MALPRACTICE PANEL

OK, it would have make a whole lotta sense, but Nigeria is not a country where a certain policy is being maintained. Never saw a new comer from another varsity till I left or even heard in another dept. Alright.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by bigtt76(f): 1:09pm On May 30, 2020
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 1:15pm On May 30, 2020
Evercurious:

I dont know about the issue of state of origin. Moreover my coursemates expelled were Igbo's from SE . so the state of origin issue shouldn't /didnt even apply here
Ok. He said it in respect of those Igbo students attending another Igbo state's university and got that state indigeneship certificate in order to pay a low school fee.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by jerriecesar: 1:16pm On May 30, 2020
As men of honour

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by stevups(m): 1:16pm On May 30, 2020
Joining SUG politics now a days is a bad idea. See how many years you wasted. You have turned that vibrant man, to old man because of your useless ambition. I gained admission in 2010, almost a PhD holder, with returns to the parents. Pls you did not do well! Your parents need apology Letter to forgive you.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 1:17pm On May 30, 2020
Evercurious:

If you are caught for exam malpractice, it l be best you expel yourself by applying for a change of school before facing exam malpractice panel. Get your transcript and run to the new school
grin grin
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 30, 2020
I'm about rounding up too(pharmacy) but i hope I don't abandon it for fashion.

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:19pm On May 30, 2020
Ohhh, I cried reading this!

Used to love Lauretta in school! Such a sweet soul! I always imagined how she felt when her younger sibling said were coming to catch up with her in school. Was so proud when she won the SUG elections as president!

May the future be kinder to you!

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:24pm On May 30, 2020
88natzy:

He hasn't said anything to deserve your anger yet. Laws are made for people to obey, The problem we have is that we believe there are short cuts to success.

The thing is, why was he making speculations that she actually entered UNN by crooked means.

What if it was some mistake or sheer misfortune?

2 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by oshorstan(f): 1:25pm On May 30, 2020
Period007:

https://trupharmacyng.com/2020/05/24/my-missionary-journey-through-pharmacy-school-dr-obakpolo-lauretta/?fbclid=IwAR0TH5-LAnCORvJhLkHCRlP3p8JuA2r36gkyNdic8bGKMPjRxPp644IljhM

Induction day with my parents

My Spirit has been knocking my head that it was u. From the way and manner u spoke, I simply know it was u.

Shine on Doctor
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 1:28pm On May 30, 2020
centpado:
Op congratulations to you

I read biochemistry in UNN (nsukka) and during my third year , the school had to paste my name for admission problems.... I was scared

Later found out that my WAEC results that was printed , and used for admission had an incomplete registration number , so I travelled back to my secondary school to request for my original WAEC result.

That was my saving grace
UNN should start doing online O-level verification in first year like other schools do, instead of accepting WAEC certificate or statement of result. I want to get you clear: was it an online printout from JAMB that bore the incorrect registration number?
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by oshorstan(f): 1:33pm On May 30, 2020
Naso Ambrose Alli University be wan frustrate my life. thank God I was out by 2016. Shine on My Sister.

To those who have issues at School, don't give up.
pls if you have Carry over, Study harder, pray, and be confident you will Excel.

if you gain fake admission, relax. go take jamb again.

IF YOU'RE FIRED FROM JOB, GET ANOTHER

IF THAT GIRL OR BOY BREAK YOUR HEART, MOVE ON

IF YOU LOSE LOVE ON, DEPEND ON THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR COMFORT

IF YOU'RE HURT, LISTEN TO WORSHIP SONG BY WILLIAM MACDOWELL, Judy Kay, Paul Wilbur

Life must go on

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mrmatt(m): 1:36pm On May 30, 2020
So happy to know you, you are a determined and kind hearted person.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Neduisaac: 1:36pm On May 30, 2020
Big congratulations
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by purpleicious(f): 1:42pm On May 30, 2020
God be praised. I had a similar situation and am out if it by God's grace.I did wonder that life was fair to some and unfair to others but unfolded events made me know I was in God's plan. I will certainly share my story by not now.

2 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by ursullalinda(f): 1:42pm On May 30, 2020
germaphobe:
also a pharmacy student currently in my 200 level. first semester 100level was cool, was serious and all gp was good and high, fast forward to second semester i screwed up no need of even checking my result cus i know there will be alot of carryovers, started 200level on a sad and depressed mood everything was just not making sense anymore friends still think i'm the same guy they used to know in 100level first semester, before the corona break we were preparing for exams, and some where planning on sitting with me i was thinking of how i'm entering another crisis of carryovers. thank God for the break i have worked on myself and the passion is back can't wait to pick up

Thank God you found yourself again......issues come and go but our dreams remain.......all the best dear!.....will be here to read your success story someday.

2 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Samgreguc(m): 2:03pm On May 30, 2020
germaphobe:
also a pharmacy student currently in my 200 level. first semester 100level was cool, was serious and all gp was good and high, fast forward to second semester i screwed up no need of even checking my result cus i know there will be alot of carryovers, started 200level on a sad and depressed mood everything was just not making sense anymore friends still think i'm the same guy they used to know in 100level first semester, before the corona break we were preparing for exams, and some where planning on sitting with me i was thinking of how i'm entering another crisis of carryovers. thank God for the break i have worked on myself and the passion is back can't wait to pick up
Guy no worry... U go make am. Just package urself well,, just b strong and ready to give Dem lecturers what they need while u also get what u need.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Samgreguc(m): 2:05pm On May 30, 2020
phockallmods:
you are just a bitter soul, abeg, go commit suicide jare
Aswear, e no reach like dat na. Shuu! Na him opinion him drop.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Samgreguc(m): 2:05pm On May 30, 2020
Randy100:
Your entire generation will never reach my greatness. Imp
Argh!
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Samgreguc(m): 2:07pm On May 30, 2020
germaphobe:
PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY, i'd had the carry overs, but here you can't have more than 5 or you are straight out.
Brother, this isn't Pharmacy. Make a way to Pharmacy.

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Samgreguc(m): 2:08pm On May 30, 2020
Joycekkh:
Pharmacy is a course worth studying twice. Very lucrative course.
Says who?
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Samgreguc(m): 2:18pm On May 30, 2020
1stola:

Stop DECEIVING YOURSELVES!
Pharm.D or not, you are a pharmacist and not a DOCTOR!

And to become a PhD doctor, you will be required to do a masters before PhD.

Doctor kor, nurse ni.
U are trying to tell us that u don't know what Professional doctorate is... Read it up

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Murketeer: 2:20pm On May 30, 2020
Rozz:
I'm about rounding up too(pharmacy) but i hope I don't abandon it for fashion.
Hmm...which school ?
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Sososo(f): 2:22pm On May 30, 2020
Abcruz:
Wow I am inspired

For there is hope for a tree,
if it be cut down, that it will sprout again,
and that its shoots will not cease.
Though its root grow old in the earth,
and its stump die in the soil,
yet at the scent of water it will bud
and put out branches like a young plant
Job 14:7-9
you just reminded me

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by perdollar(m): 2:24pm On May 30, 2020
am touched. proudly a lion.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Social Distancing Observed As WAEC Students Write Exams Today (Photo, Video) / Pictures Of Landmark University Omu-Aran, Kwara State / Kyoto University Japan Allows Students To Wear Anything They Want For Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.