Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo (65840 Views)

#endsars: What I Studied In The University Vs What I Do Now - Nigerian Graduates / I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? / Can I Study SLT In HND When I Studied Food Tech In OND ?( result attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Crochet: 5:31pm On May 30, 2020
Nice one
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by MrEgghead(m): 5:32pm On May 30, 2020
1stola:
where did you see medical in my post?
oga swerve.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 30, 2020
gbagyiza:

You see reason many people prefer to school oversea than here in Nigeria. How can a school offered admission to a student n when the student is about graduating, the school claimed that the admission has issue. If it was questionable, why noticing it late not earlier? It means something is wrong with our system here. Recently the same university informed some of its students to go n apply for change of course after they were offered admission n most of them had already done their registration. Which nonsense is this? We r not serious here in Nigeria.
Many students don't have their original WAEC cert before admission.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by germaphobe(m): 6:04pm On May 30, 2020
Bigii:

What you're studying is PHARMACEUTICAL TECH in poly. not BACHELOR OF PHARMACY in University. It's a different thing entirely. There are no medical courses in Polytechnic no matter how you're being deceived. Pay attention and read the information very well, you may be in the university someday for this same course. I hope this helps.
thanks alot, i've always desired to apply for direct entry into pharmacy once i'm through with ond

3 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by germaphobe(m): 6:09pm On May 30, 2020
Samgreguc:

Brother, this isn't Pharmacy. Make a way to Pharmacy.
yeah i know, i have my heart set on direct entry upon the completion my ond. thanks

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 30, 2020
Editorialtimes:

"I'm" is the most appropriate.
I was in haste.. didn’t proof read. Thanks anyways.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Evercurious(f): 6:55pm On May 30, 2020
mannyiyke:
Ok. He said it in respect of those Igbo students attending another Igbo state's university and got that state indigeneship certificate in order to pay a low school fee.

Ok
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Legendguru: 6:59pm On May 30, 2020
Impossible
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Ayomidexj8(f): 7:42pm On May 30, 2020
This story made my day motivating indeed!

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by centpado(m): 7:48pm On May 30, 2020
mannyiyke:
UNN should start doing online O-level verification in first year like other schools do, instead of accepting WAEC certificate or statement of result. I want to get you clear: was it an online printout from JAMB that bore the incorrect registration number?

It was WAEC statement of result , the typist made a mistake in the registration number
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by vikstandon(m): 7:48pm On May 30, 2020
phockallmods:
you are just a bitter soul, abeg, go commit suicide jare

You went so hard on him bro... You are emotional.
I tell you...what happened to her is painful quite alright.
But most often we want to cut corners...and we get ourselves into a mess.
The lady in question must have learnt her lessons in life and gone ahead...and would never make such mistakes again.

Sometimes people go paying for admission not knowing they were given fake admission... The person that offered such fake admission is one we should be invoking nemesis upon.

That ur principles in life don't tally with others...shouldn't lead you to calling them bitter souls!

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by KLand(m): 8:04pm On May 30, 2020
Congratulations. Thanks for not giving up.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 8:37pm On May 30, 2020
centpado:

It was WAEC statement of result , the typist made a mistake in the registration number
ok
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Goodzinny: 9:02pm On May 30, 2020
This is very very ... motivational. Don't commit suicide or give up because of anything. Keep pushing with hope, don't leave that your dream, don't loose focus. One day smile will fall on you. Congrats Girl!
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 30, 2020
Tuatara:
Impressive, however, the time it took her to get a PhD after graduation seems too short. I admire her tenacity though.
As a Pharm.D graduate. She are automatically a Doctor, just like Human medicine, Vetenary medical, optometry, Dentistry, etc. See doesn't have to be a PhD holder for her to be referred to as doctor
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 30, 2020
Dannyfan:
Never give up. Chase ur dream.
[s][/s]
Why is she have both B.pharm & Pharm.D to her name? Isn't it suppose to be Pharm.D only?
she has both because, for the first 5 years she did B.pharm, after the 6th year she then have are Pharm.D.
School that are not yet awarding doctors to their pharmacist graduates, the pharmacist can decide to go to UNN and do a year+ course in order to have the pharm.D also, meaning, he would have both B.Pharn and Pharm.D
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 30, 2020
sulaak:

Does it matter? Yes, it does.

You need to explain why your admission was questioned and suspended, for one reason or another you're presenting yourself as someone that has overcome adversity but one I suspect you are someone of questionable character.

No one is pure bro. Stop trying to dig into the issue.
She was suspended because there was mistake in her WAEC result. It wasn't intentional, those days WAEC results are either hand written on typed. But now, it can easily be printed directly from their site.

Mind you, she used thesame result to secure admission into another university and she was admitted. Meaning, she had a complete result. Just a typographical error occured when typing the results
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by arinzos(m): 10:06pm On May 30, 2020
Snowale:
She was suspended because there was mistake in her WAEC result. It wasn't intentional, those days WAEC results are either hand written on typed. But now, it can easily be printed directly from their site.

Mind you, she used thesame result to secure admission into another university and she was admitted. Meaning, she had a complete result. Just a typographical error occured when typing the results
When did she Graduate?
WAEC On-line Result Printout has been with uz for sometime.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by dalass(f): 10:31pm On May 30, 2020
Amazing Amazon
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Ishiewo: 11:28pm On May 30, 2020
perdollar:
am touched. proudly a lion.
my lion brother!!

1 Like

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 11:34pm On May 30, 2020
Snowale:
As a Pharm.D graduate. She are automatically a Doctor, just like Human medicine, Vetenary medical, optometry, Dentistry, etc. See doesn't have to be a PhD holder for her to be referred to as doctor
In the hospital setting, only medical doctors and dentists are qualified to be called doctors. Others can use the title elsewhere other than in the hospital. This is to avoid endangering patients' lives.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 30, 2020
arinzos:

When did she Graduate?
WAEC On-line Result Printout has been with uz for sometime.
2008, then you can only get your waec results from your school or watch office

the school you graduated would type it and print it out for you as transcript
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 30, 2020
mannyiyke:
In the hospital setting, only medical doctors and dentists are qualified to be called doctors. Others can use the title elsewhere other than in the hospital. This is to avoid endangering patients' lives.
There is nothing like endangering a patient's life here. anyone that goes to the hospital knows where consultants are and where pharmacists are.

meanwhile, not only doctors in human medicine and dentists are referred to as doctors. others include. vet. doctors, doctors of optometry.

2 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 11:43pm On May 30, 2020
Snowale:

I disagree with you. If it's a typographical error, it'd be corrected and she'd not be rusticated. Somebody even said here that his WAEC statement of result bore an incorrect registration number, and he was about to be expelled from UNN. He then rushed to his Alma mater and it was corrected, and UNN didn't expel him again. So, her own case must have been much more than a typographical error.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 30, 2020
mannyiyke:
I disagree with you. If it's a typographical error, it'd be corrected and she'd not be rusticated. Somebody even said here that his WAEC statement of result bore an incorrect registration number, and he was about to be expelled from UNN. He then rushed to his Alma mater and it was corrected, and UNN didn't expel him again. So, her own case must have been much more than a typographical error.
they don't care if its typographical error or not. as far you are an offender you must face the panel. any one that input c in maths instead of f will face similar punishment with someone the imputed A instead of b.

you talk about reg. number, that's a minor issue, your waec and jamb results determine whether one would be admitted or not, they are more interested in knowing whether the admitted student is eligible or not
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 11:52pm On May 30, 2020
Snowale:
There is nothing like endangering a patient's life here. anyone that goes to the hospital knows where consultants are and where pharmacists are.

meanwhile, not only doctors in human medicine and dentists are referred to as doctors. others include. vet. doctors, doctors of optometry.
I've told you that it's in the hospital setting. Others can bear it elsewhere. Veterinary doctors are also included in my list of professionals that should use it in the hospital setting, but it has to be in their veterinary hospitals and clinics.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by indoor1: 11:53pm On May 30, 2020
phockallmods:

Idiotasius
randy what’s your own qualification, which school did you attend , do you have school cert ??
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 30, 2020
mannyiyke:
I've told you that it's in the hospital setting. Others can bear it elsewhere. Veterinary doctors are also included in my list of professionals that should use it in the hospital setting, but it has to be in their veterinary hospitals and clinics.
As far you are a pharm.D graduate, you can be called Dr. anywhere, anytime.
it doesn't affect patients at all, because all professionals knows their assigned responsibilities

4 Likes

Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 11:56pm On May 30, 2020
Snowale:
2008, then you can only get your waec results from your school or watch office

the school you graduated would type it and print it out for you as transcript
In that case, she didn't make an effort to get her certificate. I finished secondary school many years before her, but I still collected my certificate 2 years after I wrote it. I hate statement of result.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 12:02am On May 31, 2020
Snowale:
they don't care if its typographical error or not. as far you are an offender you must face the panel. any one that input c in maths instead of f will face similar punishment with someone the imputed A instead of b.

you talk about reg. number, that's a minor issue, your waec and jamb results determine whether one would be admitted or not, they are more interested in knowing whether the admitted student is eligible or not
Ok; I now got your point. That means she later went back for correction, because she wouldn't have used that very one that had an error again.
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by Nobody: 12:02am On May 31, 2020
mannyiyke:
In that case, she didn't make an effort to get her certificate. I finished secondary school many years before her, but I still collected my certificate 2 years after I wrote it. I hate statement of result.
Yeah sure, after the first submission of credentials, ie during the admission period. she won't allowed to submit the correct results and give have the incorrect ones. once you've submitted no going back.
because some might go back to sit for another waec in order to exchange it with the fake one they submitted previously
Re: How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo by mannyiyke: 12:07am On May 31, 2020
Snowale:
As far you are a pharm.D graduate, you can be called Dr. anywhere, anytime.
it doesn't affect patients at all, because all professionals knows their assigned responsibilities
It's not true. It's unethical in the hospital setting. He or she is just a pharmacist in the hospital. Nothing more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Kyoto University Japan Allows Students To Wear Anything They Want For Graduation / Examination Questions For Law Students In UNIBEN(pic / Pupils Drag Their Classmate To School After He Refused To Attend Classes(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.