Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Against Secession : A Testament To Yoruba Leaders And The Promoters Of Oduduwa R - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Against Secession : A Testament To Yoruba Leaders And The Promoters Of Oduduwa R (356 Views)

Nairaland Is Against secession Yet This Thread Made It To Front Page / Coalition of South East Youth Leaders Ask Promoters Of Tinubu To Keep Off SE / Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Against Secession : A Testament To Yoruba Leaders And The Promoters Of Oduduwa R by Lucia220: 9:26pm On May 24, 2020
I saw a video footage yesterday of a group of young Yoruba elites canvassing the creation of Oduduwa Republic. The spokesman claimed that they are not even interested in Restructuring, that it is late in the day, but the creation of Oduduwa Republic. Carrying placards they insist they are fed up with Nigeria and that Nigeria has been a setback for the Yoruba's because in 1949 when Yoruba's had the television even France did not have it. That Yoruba's were ahead of Korea in the 1950s but today we have been derailed by Nigeria.

These were their arguments, which as I will soon show are no arguments at all.

I write to you leaders of Yoruba's to warn you to be careful, extremely careful so that you don't make some fatal error that will set Yoruba's further back. The times have changed and we must address issues within the context of time or we shall fail in our endeavour. Some days ago I had an epiphany of secession of Yoruba's and I am not surprised that some are making underground moves to actualise this end.

CONTINUE READING HERE==https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/05/against-secession-a-testament-to-yoruba-leaders-and-the-promoters-of-oduduwa-republic/

THE STREET JOURNAL
VISIT www.thestreetjournal.org

Re: Against Secession : A Testament To Yoruba Leaders And The Promoters Of Oduduwa R by illicit(m): 9:36pm On May 24, 2020
The labour of our heroes past is of no benefit to us
Re: Against Secession : A Testament To Yoruba Leaders And The Promoters Of Oduduwa R by chrisxxx(m): 9:43pm On May 24, 2020
The reason anyone from Yoruba land will kick against Oduduwa Republic is because of the free oil money coming from Niger Delta. The earlier they know how to stand on their own the better.
Soon north will see reason to dredge River Niger to the Atlantic and pass a legislation to recognize this as an international route such that even if there is break-up there will be no hindrance to using this routes.
Yoruba wants Nigeria the way it is because they feel the Ibos are out of the way of schemes of things. Soon this table will change and they will be the one leading in the secession agenda.
Nigeria may not last the next 10 years with the way things are going.

3 Likes

Re: Against Secession : A Testament To Yoruba Leaders And The Promoters Of Oduduwa R by slimfit1(m): 10:31pm On May 24, 2020
chrisxxx:
The reason anyone from Yoruba land will kick against Oduduwa Republic is because of the free oil money coming from Niger Delta. The earlier they know how to stand on their own the better.
Soon north will see reason to dredge River Niger to the Atlantic and pass a legislation to recognize this as an international route such that even if there is break-up there will be no hindrance to using this routes.
Yoruba wants Nigeria the way it is because they feel the Ibos are out of the way of schemes of things. Soon this table will change and they will be the one leading in the secession agenda.
Nigeria may not last the next 10 years with the way things are going.

River Niger ok very funny. Oil is useless now.

1 Like

Re: Against Secession : A Testament To Yoruba Leaders And The Promoters Of Oduduwa R by Fortruth: 10:42pm On May 24, 2020
Wow Oduduwa Republic? That name sounds African and legendary and great

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Can Contest For Presidency In 2023, Says Ngige / FG Reopens Banks, Religious Centres, Adjusts Curfew To 10pm, School Remains Clos / Full Names Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.