Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,994 members, 7,835,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman (8259 Views)

APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement / Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement / Oyegun, APC National Chairman Loses Ward To PDP In Edo - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by mensdept: 12:17am On Jan 19, 2011
spyder880:

e-diot! What about Grange, Ribadu are they Ibos? Anyim was not shoved out, get the cobwebs outta ya brain.

Obviously we are talking about Igbo people, and Ribadu that you speak is leagues ahead of those fmr senate presidents.

Again you are not focusing on the fire in your house, instead looking at the smoke coming from the neighbor's, who are actually cooking the meat they stole from your backyard.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Eziachi: 12:17am On Jan 19, 2011
~Bluetooth:

The question you should be asking is why most ibo leaders are always shamed in their leadership positions ?
WABARA
OKADIGBO
PIUS ANYIM

is it a tribal thing or what ?
What has Nwodo got to be shamed about? Losing the PDP chairmanship?
That he resigned from a position that is not his birth right, he should be ashamed?
I can't recall any of those people you mention going to jail because a court of law convicted them for any crime, so why would they be ashamed?
I will choose public office holders losing their exalted position anyday than them being assassinated or organising to have someone else assasinated. I didn't hear you saying how shameful those that murdered Elemeowo-Funsho Williams-Dr Daramola-Dipo Dina-Bola Ige and many others should feel?
But you're more concerned about someone that peacefully or forcefully resigned from a public post, should be ashamed.
Hypocrites
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by mensdept: 12:20am On Jan 19, 2011
Eziachi:

What has Nwodo got to be shamed about? Losing the PDP chairmanship?
That he resigned from a position that is not his birth right, he should be ashamed?
I can't recall any of those people you mention going to jail because a court of law convicted them for any crime, so why would they be ashamed?
I will choose public office holders losing their exalted position anyday than them being assassinated or organising to have someone else assasinated.

Mr Man, what are saying here? You dont have to "go to jail" to be shamed or shameful. For a region to be "given" a position, and unlike the other regions, rotate more than one office holder in a short period says something about them.

Period.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by spyder880(m): 12:23am On Jan 19, 2011
~Bluetooth:

ode

convince me Anyim was not involved in scandal also. . .btw,what happened to those that were shoved out ?

The only scandal Anyim was involved in was killing OBJ third term agenda, btw, he served his full term.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by asha80(m): 12:26am On Jan 19, 2011
mens dept:

Mr Man, what are saying here? You dont have to "go to jail" to be shamed or shameful. For a region to be "given" a position, and unlike the other regions, rotate more than one office holder in a short period says something about them.

Period.

I like how other regions are progressing.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by spyder880(m): 12:28am On Jan 19, 2011
mens dept:

Obviously we are talking about Igbo people, and Ribadu that you speak is leagues ahead of those fmr senate presidents.

Again you are not focusing on the fire in your house, instead looking at the smoke coming from the neighbor's, who are actually cooking the meat they stole from your backyard.

But, no former senate president was sacked from his work, demoted, stripped off his ranks, exiled, hunted for seizing the 15m USD he collected as bribe but failed to deliver!
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by spyder880(m): 12:32am On Jan 19, 2011
asha 80:

I like how other regions are progressing.

Tell them, the north just got better and stronger because Bello Mohammed was made to act in Nwodo's capacity till another chairman will be found!
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by dayokanu(m): 12:33am On Jan 19, 2011
We dont want zoning, Now we have to be contented with what we have
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Eziachi: 12:40am On Jan 19, 2011
mens dept:

Period.

Typical African, that is why your leaders stays in power by all cost until they die.
Why should anyone be ashamed of losing an appointed or elective position unless he did something that is terrible, and his family are ashamed of him?
The last Japanese prime minister was in office for just few months and resigned?
Resigning, when things are not going for you or when those you are leading said- they don't want your leadership anymore, is a noble act of any democratic environment. You prefer him to sit there plotting evil, in order remain relevant?
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Eziachi: 12:42am On Jan 19, 2011
dayokanu:

If I may ask, why is no Yorubaman of weight running for president if zoning is dead. ACN even had to import Ribadu. Why is that?
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Eziachi: 12:44am On Jan 19, 2011
aguiyi:

he was a wrong choice from day 1 so remedying the mistake should be welcomed

Hey Bro, I didn't realised that you are a card carrying member of PDP?
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by spyder880(m): 12:51am On Jan 19, 2011
dayokanu:

Zoning is a reality, in Enugu, the Nkanu took 1999-2007 Udi/Ezeagu is holding 2007-2015, while the Nsukka people are warming up for 2015-2013.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Eziachi: 12:54am On Jan 19, 2011
afam4eva:

I thought they said the PDP chairmanship position is zoned to the south east.
You know when southerners started screaming that zoning is dead because, they had an opportunity, I knew that it will come back to bite them one day, but I never realise that it will come this quick.
But don't get me wrong, I don't think zoning elective office is democratic but the hypocrisy of Nigerians is unbelievable. They used zoning to wrestle power out of northerners and now they have dumped zoning a deceitful bid to keep the power. One day, by way of default or by any means, it will go to northerners again, you will then hear the apostle of no zoning today crying for zoning.
This is just a tip of the iceberg. Wait till after their election, why can't northerners becomes speaker, senate president etc, since they have the vote to do it. Afterall zoning is dead. Right?
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by dayokanu(m): 1:12am On Jan 19, 2011
@Eziachi,

Was it not We Southerners that are saying zoning is illegal? and now they have used our weapon against us. God help any Southerner still harbouring hopes in the PDP. GEJ and his cohorts mortgaged that just to get power.

Yorubas know what zoning is about and respect it. If we dont have zoning, the best chance of a Southerner being president would be as a Vice president and hope the sitting northern president dies.

ACN Which most Yorubas follow respect that Zoning and they are supporting a Northern presidential candidate. They can now move forward at a later date and ask the Northerners to return the favour.

I am for zoning and even those anti-zoning ppl are just hypocrites. Why didnt GEJ chose a Southern Christian as a running mate if Zoning does not exist
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by nduchucks: 1:13am On Jan 19, 2011
Eziachi is speaking words of wisdom, let he/she who has ears hear.   lipsrsealed
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by mensdept: 1:25am On Jan 19, 2011
^^^^^That's all you can say?
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by mensdept: 1:28am On Jan 19, 2011
Eziachi:

Typical African, that is why your leaders stays in power by all cost until they die.
Why should anyone be ashamed of losing an appointed or elective position unless he did something that is terrible, and his family are ashamed of him?
The last Japanese prime minister was in office for just few months and resigned?
Resigning, when things are not going for you or when those you are leading said- they don't want your leadership anymore, is a noble act of any democratic environment. You prefer him to sit there plotting evil, in order remain relevant?

Typical "Igbo". How's that.

Why should Yar Ardua, if that's who you imply resign? Why should Hausa's "hand over" to you personally in 2015 abi 2019? Let me tell you that the way Igbo people went about with the senate presidency, IGP, and now PDP chairmanship, along with Ohaneze and Igbo Presidency is nothing less than SHAMEFUL.

Its not to say Igbo people are all fools or are less than others, since we know they are not, but call a spade what is is.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by mensdept: 1:38am On Jan 19, 2011
spyder880:

But, no former senate president was sacked from his work, demoted, stripped off his ranks, exiled, hunted for seizing the 15m USD he collected as bribe but failed to deliver!

Nonsense:

1999-2003 Igbo given Senate Presidency and le',

Enwerem-Imo: SACKED- impeached by colleagues, threatened with suit, and fellow Igbo senators eagerly waiting to take over

Okadigbo- Anambra: SACKED -impeached, threatened with theft, and fellow Igbo senators eagerly waiting to take over. Hausa dep Sen. Pres however, allowed to continue

Anyim- Ebonyi: did absolutely nothing in a lackluster countdown to 2003 election, and of course, forced into political retirement at 39. (He took the senators to his 5- mansion estate though, which was fun)

Wabara: Abia: SACKED- Obasanjo issues national address effectively removing Wabara. Wabara threatened with suit. Doesnt return to senate after term.

Nnamani: Enugu: At last, all the states in SE attain position, with Delta and Rivers Igbo perhaps getting a shot for tribal consideration. Nnamani's accomplishment is stopping OBJ 3rd term, though this is orchestrated by the majority of Senators (particularly the north). Nnamani does not return to senate after term.

Ribadu: Clinches ANC Presidential ticket, with legitimate shot of becoming the first Opposition party to win the presidency
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Eziachi: 1:41am On Jan 19, 2011
dayokanu:

@Eziachi,

Was it not We Southerners that are saying zoning is illegal? and now they have used our weapon against us. God help any Southerner still harbouring hopes in the PDP. GEJ and his cohorts mortgaged that just to get power.

Yorubas know what zoning is about and respect it. If we dont have zoning, the best chance of a Southerner being president would be as a Vice president and hope the sitting northern president dies.

ACN Which most Yorubas follow respect that Zoning and they are supporting a Northern presidential candidate. They can now move forward at a later date and ask the Northerners to return the favour.

I am for zoning and even those anti-zoning ppl are just hypocrites. Why didnt GEJ chose a Southern Christian as a running mate if Zoning does not exist

I think you are right, Yorubas inside ACN, through their own way, knew that the only way the so-called Southerners can attain power in very tribalistic country as Nigeria is through the zoning of political powers.  
And that is why they fielded Ribadu and are also willing and ready to work with Buhari.  Based on the calculation that without rigging, probably a northern voter without their governor standing on his foot, like they did with their party's delegates in Abuja will likely vote for his own than Jonathan and they can sneak into power from behind the door based on this premix.

I am not against Jonathan being president, I am not a proponent of zoning either, but through an impartial eyes, I can visibly see that those Southerners that pushed  in Jonathan  and ask him to ignore or deny the existence of zoning arrangement in their party will live to regret it. His northern supporter are jsut typical Nigerian opportunist and they can change 360 degree tomorrow. The same people that prevented him taking over from Yar Adua, suddenly, Jonathan is the best thing since Slice bread to them.
I know Nigerians and how their mindset works. Isn't the same bunch from which a million of them wanted Abacha to rule for life? Where are those million Nigerians now, are they dead? Isn't the same people that said OBJ was God's annoited during the third term? Are they dead too?
No they are alive and kicking and also are the same that are telling Jonathan now that he has been annoited by God and that zoning is dead.

An ordinary Nigeria will always look for the immediate/instant gain and forget it's impact on the future gains. Today, Nwodo has become the first victim and many more will follow before they could realise.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Eziachi: 1:44am On Jan 19, 2011
mens dept:

Typical "Igbo". How's that.

Why should Yar Ardua, if that's who you imply resign? Why should Hausa's "hand over" to you personally in 2015 abi 2019? Let me tell you that the way Igbo people went about with the senate presidency, IGP, and now PDP chairmanship, along with Ohaneze and Igbo Presidency is nothing less than SHAMEFUL.

Its not to say Igbo people are all fools or are less than others, since we know they are not, but call a spade what is is.

I think you should concentrate maybe on hip hop debating issues. This is too much for you.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Obiagu1(m): 1:44am On Jan 19, 2011
Eziachi:

I think you are right, Yorubas inside ACN their own way knew that the only way the so-called Southerners can attain power in very tribalistic country as Nigeria is through the zoning of political powers.  
And that is why they fielded Ribadu and are also willing and ready to work with Buhari.  Based on the calculation that without rigging, probably a northern voter without their governor standing on his foot, unlike they did their delegate in Abuja will likely vote for his own than Jonathan and they can sneak into power from behind the door based on this premix.

I am not against Jonathan being president, I am not a proponent of zoning either, but through an impartial eyes, I can visibly see that those Southerners that pushed  in Jonathan  and ask him to ignore or deny the existence of zoning arrangement in their party will live to regret it. His northern supporter are jsut typical Nigerian opportunist and they can change 360 degree tomorrow. The same people that prevented him taking over from Yar Adua, suddenly, Jonathan is the best thing since Slice bread to them.
I know Nigerians and how their mindset works. Isn't the same bunch from which a million of them wanted Abacha to rule for life? Where are those million Nigerians now, are they dead? Isn't the same people that said OBJ was God's annoited during the third term? Are they dead too?
No they are alive and kicking and also are the same that are telling Jonathan now that he has been annoited by God and that zoning is dead.

An ordinary Nigeria will always look for the immediate/instant gain and forget it's impact on the future gains. Today, Nwodo has become the first victim and many more will follow before they could realise.

Thank you.

OnlyTruth, listen to the voice of the wise one.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Eziachi: 1:47am On Jan 19, 2011
I think my brother Onlytruth and others meant well, but they have to realise that this is Nigeria, where good thing is not often the best idea and vice vica.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by mensdept: 1:47am On Jan 19, 2011
Eziachi:

I think you should concentrate maybe on hip hop debating issues. This is too much for you.

Actually it's too much for you.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by dayokanu(m): 2:25am On Jan 19, 2011
I have said it that since we Southerners have helped scuttled zoning after Jonathan we can bid PDP candidature farewell.

The earlier you push for another party other than PDP the better for you.

If we break it down into pieces, SW can only control 6-7 states, SE 5 states SS divided while the North when things get down can pull 15 states together.

Without zoning lets see how we fare.

The North that saw how the delegate election went, Lets see how they react and anyone who thinks the North has been broken must have another think coming
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by mensdept: 2:30am On Jan 19, 2011
dayokanu:

I have said it that since we Southerners have helped scuttled zoning after Jonathan we can bid PDP candidature farewell.

The earlier you push for another party other than PDP the better for you.

If we break it down into pieces, SW can only control 6-7 states, SE 5 states SS divided while the North when things get down can pull 15 states together.

Without zoning lets see how we fare.

The North that saw how the delegate election went, Lets see how they react and anyone who thinks the North has been broken must have another think coming

It was a good thing, that is the 60's. Then the North was only 1 of 4, instead of the majority that they are now.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by asha80(m): 2:37am On Jan 19, 2011
any country that exhausts most it strenght fighting itself just cannot move forward.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Onlytruth(m): 4:47am On Jan 19, 2011
Posted by: Obiagu1

Thank you.

OnlyTruth, listen to the voice of the wise one.

grin grin

I know what [b]Eziachi [/b]is saying and he is right. My only addition is that in a Nigeria where there is no zoning, or quota system, or any non-merit based selection process, Ndigbo will NOT be the greatest losers. In fact we will be the greatest winners because we work hardest at attaining our goals. cool

Don't let the last 43 years of Nigeria's history blind you to the possibilities of the future. undecided

The greatest achievement by Jonathan so far is that he proved that the north can be as divided (if not even more divided) than the eastern or other parts of Nigeria.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, all we need to do is go home and put on our thinking caps.
Any form of non-merit based selection process in Nigeria cheats Ndigbo because we parade some of the most qualified Nigerians.

So, don't cry bro. Cheer up. wink cool
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by nduchucks: 4:55am On Jan 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

The greatest achievement by Jonathan so far is that he proved that the north can be as divided (if not even more divided) than the eastern or other parts of Nigeria.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, all we need to do is go home and put on our thinking caps.
Any form of non-merit based selection process in Nigeria cheats Ndigbo because we parade some of the most qualified Nigerians.

If you truly believe that the action of a few bribed PDP delegates is indicative of the notion that the North can be divided in the manner you've assumed above, then you'd be in for a rude awakening, sooner rather than later.   

Only an unsophistacated observer would have expected a result, other than an overwhelming victory for GEJ, out of the PDP convention.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Onlytruth(m): 5:00am On Jan 19, 2011
Posted by: ndu_chucks

If you truly believe that the action of a few [b]bribed PDP delegates [/b]is indicative of the notion that the North can be divided in the manner you've assumed above, then you'd be in for a rude awakening, sooner rather than later. 

You see my point?

When was the last time northern political delegates took bribes to sabotage the desires of their own people? Where is that "monolithic north"?
Dem chop bride and tossed dem people under bus?
You see that the battle is half won already? lmao.  grin

Pray, how else do you divide a people if not by dividing their leaders?
You of all people should know because that is your stock in trade.

I'm laughing bro.  cool
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by ekubear1: 5:38am On Jan 19, 2011
Is it 100% clear that Middle Belt is even part of this monolithic north? I understand Eziachi and Dayokanu's perspective, but I don't even think their interests fully align these days. Why is it whenever a "Northern" candidate is put forth, it is a Fulani man? Is the Middle Belt likely to be shouting "one North" forever?
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by KaluAkanu: 5:43am On Jan 19, 2011
This should be a wake up call for these Igbo politicians. Stop acting like buffoons and play the politics game like everyone else. We deserve what we get.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by OAM4J: 7:30am On Jan 19, 2011
eku_bear:

Is it 100% clear that Middle Belt is even part of this monolithic north? I understand Eziachi and Dayokanu's perspective, but I don't even think their interests fully align these days. Why is it whenever a "Northern" candidate is put forth, it is a Fulani man? Is the Middle Belt likely to be shouting "one North" forever?

My Sentiments exactly!

Let them ask Bukola Saraki if he still thinks he is an equal Northerner to the Northerner from Zamfara or Kano. Now the Middle belt know that some are more Northerner than others.

The obvious reality on the ground now is that it will take more than coming from a particular zone to win an election in Nigeria, which is good for our democracy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria / Scarcity: 55 Depots Nationwide Stocked With Petroleum Products, Says NNPC / Imo Has Over 7.8 Trillion Scf Gas Reserves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.