Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman (8258 Views)

APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement / Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement / Oyegun, APC National Chairman Loses Ward To PDP In Edo - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by ekubear1: 7:40am On Jan 19, 2011
That is what I figure. Like, how many states do these old guard Fulani/Hausa/Kanuri feudalist types control?

Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Jigawa, Bauchi, Yobe, Gombe, Borno, Adamawa. Everything else is either very mixed (Kaduna) or Middle Belt/Southern.

Even if we spot them Kaduna, that is 12 states.

Successfully cleave off the Middle Belt from the core North and keep the SW, SS, and SE in the fold and you pretty much win.

Basically, just play the same game of divide and conquer against the core North that they've played against us.

Of course, all of this assumes a certain measure of cleverness on GEJs part (or at least, whoever is advising him.)
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by FrankC3: 8:40am On Jan 19, 2011
eku_bear:

That is what I figure. Like, how many states do these old guard Fulani/Hausa/Kanuri feudalist types control?

Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Jigawa, Bauchi, Yobe, Gombe, Borno, Adamawa. Everything else is either very mixed (Kaduna) or Middle Belt/Southern.

Even if we spot them Kaduna, that is 12 states.

Successfully cleave off the Middle Belt from the core North and keep the SW, SS, and SE in the fold and you pretty much win.

Basically, just play the same game of divide and conquer against the core North that they've played against us.

Of course, all of this assumes a certain measure of cleverness on GEJs part (or at least, whoever is advising him.)

My brother, i don't know how much you have traveled around this country to see things for yourself. It is definitely more complex than you are seeing. Eziachi is definitely right. It is obvious that the only reason the SW that are predominantly in AC supported GEJ massively even when they will likely vote ACN was because it will help them recover a lifeline in PDP. Period.
Secondly, if you really understand the struggle in Jos, you will know that people are not just killing for fun, it is a part of a hurricane sweeping through the north that will likely end in Kwara, Benue and possible a major part of Edo. Kaduna has been hammered into shape and soon, with the lack of leadership in this country, Plataeau will follow. The 'North", real or imagined has the capacity to rule this country for a hundred years with this present order ushered in by GEJ, just watch and see. The only salvation i see for this your Nigeria is that GEJ does some critical basic restructuring of this country, by that i mean making geopolitical zones the federating units, scrapping LGAs and possibly the house of reps, while ensuring true federalism within this structure. But even at that, the North will have two zones NE and NW. Whichever way you look at it, democracy is a game of numbers and the PDP will likely continue to rule this country for the foreseeable future and with the death of zoning, SE, SW and SS (not to make mention of NC) have imported a dragon that will bite them hard. The question that i always ask my friends is after GEJ, what next? What will happen to your children 70 years from now with this unfolding order? Remember, zoning was not a northern idea, it was actually the south's condition for being a part of a mainstream party in the Nigerian polity that will diminish sectarian coloration. How i wish Dr Okadigbo is alive to clarify things a little for us.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by justdtruth: 9:15am On Jan 19, 2011
'Ti omode ba n ge igi, agbalagba lo mo bi ti o ma wo si' this is a proverb in yoruba. meaning if a child is cutting a tree, it is the elder that knows in what direction the tree will fall. in the nigerian political landscape, southern politicians are the omode while the northern politicians are the agbalagba.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by 13volts(m): 9:28am On Jan 19, 2011
spyder880:

The only scandal Anyim was involved in was killing OBJ third term agenda, btw, he served his full term.

You see how short sighted most Nigerians are imagine this Obasanjocated foool saying impeding OBJ third term ambition was a scandal.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by ekubear1: 9:43am On Jan 19, 2011
@Frank-C: You might be right.

But if southern Nigerians don't take advantage of this opportunity to redraw the political map and are instead paralyzed by fear of the North, then perhaps we deserve to be enslaved/dominated by the North.

A lot can be done in 4 or 8 years if you roll up your sleeves. If the North was ruling for the next 4 or 8 years, you can be damn sure they'd take advantage of it without cowering in fear.

Who knows, maybe the British knew what they were doing when they left power with the north undecided
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Kobojunkie: 9:46am On Jan 19, 2011
Eziachi

Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman
« #44 on: Today at 12:54:09 AM »
Quote from: afam4eva on Yesterday at 02:53:49 PM
You know when southerners started screaming that zoning is dead because, they had an opportunity, I knew that it will come back to bite them one day, but I never realise that it will come this quick.

But don't get me wrong, I don't think zoning elective office is democratic but the hypocrisy of Nigerians is unbelievable. They used zoning to wrestle power out of northerners and now they have dumped zoning a deceitful bid to keep the power. One day, by way of default or by any means, it will go to northerners again, you will then hear the apostle of no zoning today crying for zoning.

This is just a tip of the iceberg. Wait till after their election, why can't northerners becomes speaker, senate president etc, since they have the vote to do it. Afterall zoning is dead. Right?

I agree with most of what you have here!
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Eziachi: 10:31am On Jan 19, 2011
@ndu_chuk, onlytruth, eku_bear,

You are right in your analysis of the situation. When NIGERIANS kept saying that Igbos are not united, I always laugh at them because they don't know what it takes to be an Igboman in Nigeria. Where very little is dangled in your face of many to chase after. Hence people will do all they can to get it, that is not a sign of disunity but a sign of desperation, especially among the political class.
If you subject other groups to what Igbos had been subjected, they will kill each other in order to please the people on top. Just 8 years under OBJ and now Jonathan has complete blown the one United North theory out of water. They were once united by the crude oil money they were enjoying among themselves and now it has been taken away from them, they are not only calling the bluff of their leaders but taking bribe to reject one of their own.

At the same time too, you cannot judge the north based on the actions of few greedy governors and their bribed delegates. They still can find a rallying point, mainly their religion when the need arises. The problem is that most  Igbo politician still do not get it and they do not still understand how Nigeria works.

The likes of Tinubu/ACN seems to do. They knew that the north, once can only trust OBJ among Yorubas but that was before 1999 and they will never make the same mistake again and that is why they deliberately truncated Abiola in the middle of the race because they cannot trust him completely once he get in.  Right now, those inside ACN are trying to get closer to power using Buhari/Ribadu. If not what has those two got that the likes of Fashola or Fayemi of this world hasn't got?

That is why those Igbo governors that danced the no zoning tune because of insecurity threat to their own positions will live to regret their actions, especialy Gov Chime.  With Nigeria, once you are out of power, even your own driver will discard you and join the new people in power. Look at what happened to Udenwa.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On Jan 19, 2011
Without zoning we can have a President, Vice president, Senate President and everyone from one side of the country.

For you guys that think the North is divided, Ok to an extent, but they are still much more united than the South.

Can Ogun State agree wirh Enugu or Cross River? I dont think so in the nearest future. I think with the no-zoning thing, we can only hope God helps the Southern part of Nigeria
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Obiagu1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2011
Frank-C:

My brother, i don't know how much you have traveled around this country to see things for yourself. It is definitely more complex than you are seeing. Eziachi is definitely right. It is obvious that the only reason the SW that are predominantly in AC supported GEJ massively even when they will likely vote ACN was because it will help them recover a lifeline in PDP. Period.
Secondly, if you really understand the struggle in Jos, you will know that people are not just killing for fun, it is a part of a hurricane sweeping through the north that will likely end in Kwara, Benue and possible a major part of Edo. Kaduna has been hammered into shape and soon, with the lack of leadership in this country, Plataeau will follow. The 'North", real or imagined has the capacity to rule this country for a hundred years with this present order ushered in by GEJ, just watch and see. The only salvation i see for this your Nigeria is that GEJ does some critical basic restructuring of this country, by that i mean making geopolitical zones the federating units, scrapping LGAs and possibly the house of reps, while ensuring true federalism within this structure. But even at that, the North will have two zones NE and NW. Whichever way you look at it, democracy is a game of numbers and the PDP will likely continue to rule this country for the foreseeable future and with the death of zoning, SE, SW and SS (not to make mention of NC) have imported a dragon that will bite them hard. The question that i always ask my friends is after GEJ, what next? What will happen to your children 70 years from now with this unfolding order? Remember, zoning was not a northern idea, it was actually the south's condition for being a part of a mainstream party in the Nigerian polity that will diminish sectarian coloration. How i wish Dr Okadigbo is alive to clarify things a little for us.

Thank you. At least there are still folks around here that have some reason left in them. This is what I have been shouting on NL since GEJ wants to run. Many didn't understand that we are simply digging a hole to bury ourselves.

I've always asked them, after GEJ, what next? Will he restructure the country to eliminate the North's undeserved advantage? I can't read his mind but my instinct tells me no, he simply wants to rule.

So what happens after his tenure?

After the South have been dominated by the North in the next 8 to 32 years, it will be my agemates that will be the ruling class, the South will come back again to shout zoning. Personally, I'll fight the South on this zoning issue reminding them how we botched it due to our greed.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Nsiman(m): 10:04pm On Jan 19, 2011
Are u saying we shld practice confederalism instead of federalism?
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Nsiman(m): 10:10pm On Jan 19, 2011
I partially agree with imeobong on the title of this thread, Bello is in acting capacity untill a substantive chairman is named by the pdp
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Obiagu1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 19, 2011
Nsiman:

Are u saying we shld practice confederalism instead of federalism?

Absolute federalism, if they find it hard to understand what is means, I think they can understand what confederalism means, afterall they were told the meaning confederalism after the Aburi accord was reached.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Eziachi: 12:02am On Jan 20, 2011
Obiagu1:

Absolute federalism, if they find it hard to understand what is means, I think they can understand what confederalism means, afterall they were told the meaning confederalism after the Aburi accord was reached.

Jonathan must do the unexpected and forced a 4 confederated unit for Nigeria as quickly as possible or go back to the original route of 4 Regional Autonomous regions with a parliamentary system for the center to back it up.
If not what is called Southern Nigeria are in for a rough ride for the foreseable future, that will be far worse than pre-1999 situation.

But everytime I see or listen to the guy, all I could see is another Aguiyi Ironsi.  Not in terms of his intelligent, because Ironsi was a very wellspoken man but in terms of naivity in understanding the concept of one Nigeria.
Honestly, I really would like to be proved wrong by Jonathan.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by nduchucks: 4:03am On Jan 20, 2011
It is interesting to also note that with Nwodo's removal, South East has lost out in the zoning of offices in the ruling party. Besides the position of deputy senate president occupied by Ike Ekweremadu, the South East does not hold any other prominent position whether in the PDP or in government.

Its time for the South East to rethink their support for GEJ. Time to ask him, what's in this thing for Ndiigbo GEJ may be taking the support of the region for granted.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by asha2: 4:16am On Jan 20, 2011
ndu_chucks:

It is interesting to also note that with Nwodo's removal, South East has lost out in the zoning of offices in the ruling party. Besides the position of deputy senate president occupied by Ike Ekweremadu, the South East does not hold any other prominent position whether in the PDP or in government.

Its time for the South East to rethink their support for GEJ. Time to ask him, what's in this thing for Ndiigbo GEJ may be taking the support of the region for granted.

this guy and this your undertone comments self.it is well known that whoever is there now is temporary.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/7-man-panel-to-screen-nwodos-successor/

7-man panel to screen Nwodo’s successor
Headlines Jan 20, 2011

By JIDE AJANI, Editor, Northern Operations & HENRY UMORU

ABUJA—THERE were strong indications, yesterday, that the possible successor to Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, immediate past National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, may emerge next week.

Already, a seven-man panel has been instituted by the South East Caucus of the party to screen and present a possible successor.

This came at a time the Plateau State Chapter of the party called for the sack of the embattled Deputy Governor of the state and former minister, Mrs. Pauline Tallen.

Meanwhile, acting National Chairman of the party, Alhaji Haliru Mohammed Bello, has disclosed that the names of PDP candidates for next April’s general elections were ready for onward presentation to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

Nwodo’s successor

The panel is expected to wrap up its proceedings this week.
Vanguard was told that “once the successor receives a presidential blessing, another National Executive Committee, NEC, meeting would be convened next week for the ratification and confirmation of the successor.

Among those already being touted as possible successor is a former Senate President, Anyim Pius Anyim. Also in contention are former National Vice Chairman of the party from the South East geo-political zone, Chief Ozi Chukwu_Chukwu and incumbent National Vice Chairman of the party from the zone, Olisa Metuh.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by originbm: 2:51am On Oct 02, 2013
Ode.the first disgraced official in this fourth republic was an hausa man,buhari,who falsified his age.i suppose ibori,alamieseigh,even the subsidy thieves,are from soth east?they were disgraced out of office because the tribalistic and backstabbing obasanjo wanted to indulge his passion-ibo hatred.he created and simulated conditions that made their offices highly unstable.or have you forgotten the war btw obj and okadigbo or anyim?the igbos refuse him as a benefactor or goddather of any sort and he seeks his retribution thru destabilizing and setting them up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fresh Gun Battle At Chiranchi Quarters In Kano - 3 Policemen Dead / More Cash Discovered By EFCC At NNPC Safehouse (Disturbing Pictures) / Population Outgrows Economy Amid Rising Dependants, Misery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.