Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman (8255 Views)

APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement / Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement / Oyegun, APC National Chairman Loses Ward To PDP In Edo - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Imeobong(m): 2:08pm On Jan 18, 2011
*******North West Produces PDP National Chairman

Breaking News!!!!!Okwesilieze Nwodo Resigns ahead of Party National Executive Committee Meeting

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os4445.html
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by blacksta(m): 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2011
Imeobong:

*******North West Produces PDP National Chairman

Breaking News!!!!!Okwesilieze Nwodo Resigns ahead of Party National Executive Committee Meeting

Thank God .

GEJ started it

No more zoning - filling important positions with imbeciles.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Imeobong(m): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2011
I saw this coming, when he came in and started fighting the very man that made him the Chairman, and I remember OBJ warned Sullivan Chime and Jonathan, but they did not listen to him, now OBJ have the last laf, I am sure: OBJ still they laf
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Imeobong(m): 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2011
[size=28pt]PDP Chairman, Nwodo resigns, begged Jonathan to intervene, [/size]
The embattled National Chairman of the crisis ridden People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Okwesileze Nwodo, has resigned. The National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting was in progress as at the time of this report. Nwodo is obviously absent. Deputy National Chairman, Halliru Bello is presiding.

Pointblanknews.com sources hinted Nwodo was asked to get out by President Goodluck Jonathan after meeting with the gladiators in the south east PDP crisis in Abuja last night. It was learnt that all efforts by Nwodo to make Jonathan ensure he remained chairman failed. Said a source” last night Nwodo, and his men were running from pillar to post, begging the President to prevail on the south east caucus, but he refused to interfere. He told Nwodo to respect the position of his kinsmen.”

According to sources, President Jonathan informed the embattled PDP chieftain that since the same people who supported his candidacy for the chairmanship are the same who wanted him out, the best thing was for him to respect their wishes.

According to our source, the Deputy National chairman, Olisah Metu, would have been the obvious choice to step in, but his record is slimier than that of Nwodo.

However, former aspirant, Nze Chukwu Ozichukwu appears to be the favorite. He ran against Nwodo, but was dumped by the south east governors and caucus, who viewed him as a candidate of Ex President, Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo.

Pointblanknews.com sources said “the south east is regretting its support for Nwodo. You recall he had the $100 million National identity Card scandal hovering over his head. But they rejected Ozichukwu a more credible aspirant because they thought he was an Obasanjo man”

Few days ago the south east caucus led by Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, passed a vote of no confidence on Nwodo, asking him to resign or be shoved.

Nwodo, who has been fingered in the crises rocking mostly Enugu and Anambra, had boasted that no one would be able to force him out describing the Ekeremadu flank as ‘busy bodies’.

Spokesperson to the embattled PDP chieftain, Ike Abonyi who confirmed the resignation of his boss told pointblanknews.com that the decision was to enable the party fix the crisis rocking it.

Details coming
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 18, 2011
Now the main rigging has started grin grin grin
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by nduchucks: 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2011
@Imeobong, was the statement that PDP confirmed Halliru Bello as national chairman manufactured by you for sensationalism? What is your source?
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2011
he was a wrong choice from day 1 so remedying the mistake should be welcomed
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Afam4eva(m): 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2011
I thought they said the PDP chairmanship position is zoned to the south east.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by jamace(m): 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2011
grin grin OH! NIGERIA!!
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Nsiman(m): 3:02pm On Jan 18, 2011
Did this moh'med's state give jonathan their vote during the primary?
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2011
afam4eva:

Jonathan ignores the PDP Constitution on Zoning and you expect other PDP members to ignore that? Come on!!
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Godalone(m): 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2011
afam4eva:

It seems zoning is dead .
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by nduchucks: 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2011
@OP, no vex. Haliru Bello from the North-West geo-political zone takes over as the new National Chairman. Ndigbo is being relieved of their important positions one by one, thanks to GEJ. Zoning may be dead in the PDP - we watch the implications.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Rhino5dm: 3:21pm On Jan 18, 2011
hmm. this jonathan sef.

police. IGP - easterner northerner

SFG- northerner

V.P-norherner

F.C.T minister-northerner

INEC chirman- easterner northerner

PDP chairman- easterner norherner   

this is the beginning of the end of zoning
. . .  . . . . . . .wow i now know why some northerner are crying foul should jonathan be remove, i believe they have never had it like this

[size=22pt]WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JONA!!![/size]
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
wait till after hand over in may,then you would understand what (he) JONA owes indigbo for their surport
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by marvix(m): 3:36pm On Jan 18, 2011
Why should we be bothered if the PDP chairman is from the North, is the BOT chairman not from the south, the President and National Leader is from the south. Zoning is a strategy not a right, so the PDP can zone anything as they like as far as it helps their aspirations.

Jonathan has decided to stand by the wishes of the people who stood by Nwodos nomination, this is how politics should be played, If we have voted you into office, it should not become an ardous task to ask you to leave when we feel that you are no more serving our interests.

The elected should not have more power than those who have elected him, this is the beginning of deepening the political space, If we vote in a governor in 2011, if the governor fails to perform it shouldnt be impossible to sack him, If the majority believes he is not doing well the majority should consider sackin him.

Nwodo is not PDP, if PDP gave him a job, the same PDP can take the job, and I am not a member of PDP so why should i be bothered.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by nduchucks: 3:36pm On Jan 18, 2011
@Rhino.5dm, stop looking too closely else you'll see what has hitherto been obvious to a few people.  cheesy  GEJ is in charge, ka ji ko?
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Missy85(f): 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2011
to the person that said too many northerners in top posts. What shld concern the public is wthether they are the best candidates, not whether they are northerners.

Most people are tired of zoning. We simply want the best candidates.

Think of Ogbona, the previous IGP of police, who was a product of zoning. See how inept and incompetent he was. The current IGP is prob not much better.

People should get to positions on merit.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by 1025: 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2011

@AFAM,
did u type what i have in quote above? go and mark it somewhere, the northerners are angry for the forceful manner with which pdp under obasanjo took their remaining four yrs of presidency. jonathan knows this but because of his desperate and inordination ambition to be the president of nigeria, everything will be used to appease the northerners i mean everything.
at the end of the day, the northeners will end up gaining from this anarchy that obj has created in this useless country.
begin now to think of the possibility of an igbo person in any vital position without zooning and that is where we will end up been slaves.
if anyone is going to loose out in this shameful display of the present day, it is not going to be the northerners rather the igbos.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Rhino5dm: 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2011
Abokina nagode da wannan shawara cheesy cheesy cheesy

ndu_chucks:

@Rhino.5dm, stop looking too closely else you'll see what has hitherto been obvious to a few people.  cheesy  GEJ is in charge, ka ji ko?
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by LoveKing(m): 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2011
True true oh! every position is being filled by the derrty North. Well me thinks its the Election rigging process in place because Nwodo doesnt know the Northern terrain well like the new chairman.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Imeobong(m): 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@Ndu_Chucks
Why bring in sectionalism here by mentioning GEJ? Was he the one that ask ur Boss Nwodo to start fighting Sullivan Chime the made him the Chairman? was it GEJ that ask the PDP south East caucus to pass a vote-of-no- confidence on him? After all, GEJ gave him all the support he needed by pleading with "Ur" Boss to go and settle with his brother, but rather he was busy fighting Chime and even GEJ. It is a well known documented Secret that he (Nwodo) was supporting Atiku so that he can retain the PDP Chairmanship after the general election

ndu_chucks:

@Imeobong, was the statement that PDP confirmed Halliru Bello as national chairman manufactured by you for sensationalism? What is your source?

Mr man here is the source, (I wish I had the power to choose the PDP Chairman)

After today's NEC meeting, PDP Board of Trustee Member, Prof Jerry Gana, addressed the press. In a short statement he said, "Following his behaviour at the just concluded PDP special convention in Abuja which embarrassed Party members, Dr Okwesilieze has resigned as the National Chairman of the party and his resignation has been accepted by the Party. The Party has consequently empowered the deputy national chairman, Dr Bello Haliru Mohammed, to act as the Chairman of the party

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/national-executive-committee-pdp-expels-nwodo-and-then-he-resigns
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Mobinga: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
See the two previous Igbo men have been shamed out.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by alexleo(m): 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2011
He is just on acting capacity pending when a new chairman from the south east will be brought in. Nwodo and his cohorts has kept Enugu restless. How could you work against a Governor who has performed so well in Enugu state just because of your personal interest. Thats too bad of him. Sullivan has done so so well in Enugu stte that majority are ready to cast their vote for him. Thank God that Nwodo is out with his many troubles.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Imeobong(m): 8:31pm On Jan 18, 2011
alexleo:

He is just on acting capacity pending when a new chairman from the south east will be brought in. Nwodo and his cohorts has kept Enugu restless. How could you work against a Governor who has performed so well in Enugu state just because of your personal interest. Thats too bad of him. Sullivan has done so so well in Enugu stte that majority are ready to cast their vote for him. Thank God that Nwodo is out with his many troubles.

gbamm!! thanks for your honest assessment, guys like ndu_chucks are attaching ethnic sentiments, NWODO deserve no pity, after all he bite the finger that  fed him, shame on Nwodo. Its good that he's disgraced out of office, Now he is finished POLITICALLY
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Nsiman(m): 10:10pm On Jan 18, 2011
Bello is on acting capacity don't forget
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by mensdept: 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2011
Mobinga:

I understand that zoning may or may not be the best thing. I'm sure we have seen what zoning has done with our illegal military regimes (promotions, retirements, postings, etc.) and how that's led to further divide and rule, and poverty of the masses.

Yet, from a regional level, why is it that during the return to democracy, those from the Southeast/East/ Igboland, those talking about their "true extent", and "Igbo will produce president in 2015", and all other rubbish, can't seem to manage the little they are given in NIGERIA. Their top positions, from Senate President, to IGP, to now Ruling Party Chairman, have all ended in fiasco, along with the mess in Abia state.

I mean, dayum
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
Mobinga:

The question you should be asking is why most ibo leaders are always shamed in their leadership positions ?
WABARA
OKADIGBO
PIUS ANYIM

is it a tribal thing or what ?
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:02am On Jan 19, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

hmm. this jonathan sef.

police. IGP - easterner northerner

SFG- northerner

V.P-norherner

F.C.T minister-northerner

INEC chirman- easterner northerner

PDP chairman- easterner norherner

this is the beginning of the end of zoning
. . . . . . . . . .wow i now know why some northerner are crying foul should jonathan be remove, i believe they have never had it like this

[size=22pt]WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JONA!!![/size]
You have forgotten wikileak ( CBN GOVERNOR) Northern
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by spyder880(m): 12:06am On Jan 19, 2011
~Bluetooth:

The question you should be asking is why most ibo leaders are always shamed in their leadership positions ?
WABARA
OKADIGBO
PIUS ANYIM

is it a tribal thing or what ?

e-diot! What about Grange, Ribadu are they Ibos? Anyim was not shoved out, get the cobwebs outta ya brain.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Eziachi: 12:09am On Jan 19, 2011
At least the guy resigned if that is the case. It is just that Nigerians are not familiar with people resigning from any sort of position, especially ones that are relatively important.
grin grin grin grin And soon those Southerners that kept telling themselves that zoning is dead because it suited their present, will wake up and ask themselves- what have we done?
Please don't attack me now, I am not a champion of zoning, just laughing at Nigerian rulers and their follow-follow supporters's glaring hypocrisy and deceitfulness.
Re: Pdp Confirms Moh'd H Bello As New National Chairman by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 19, 2011
spyder880:

e-diot! What about Grange, Ribadu are they Ibos? Anyim was not shoved out, get the cobwebs outta ya brain.
ode

convince me Anyim was not involved in scandal also. . .btw,what happened to those that were shoved out ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar / Floods In Ibadan Again / How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.