Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like (71181 Views)

Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination / Meet The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Girl Who Excites Pilots In Their Cockpits. Photos / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Goodman247: 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
ConnectedMan:
Too skinny. She needs Nigerian food. People are nicer in major cities. Go to other parts and see grin
even in nigeria,it is so
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Austeen007(m): 9:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
That's Kalasnikov. and that isn't a real AK it's plastic made for decorations lol
babakb:
No be gun they for her back so...

Russia too like wahala.
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Austeen007(m): 9:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
Even In Nigeria we're facing tribalism. Whne you do it international it's racism lol
iqiq:
Na everywhere this racism dey
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Jyde89: 1:17pm On Sep 25, 2020
Austeen007:
If you can survive in Nigeria uptill now, omo you can survive anywhere.

But as it is Now, the truth is that Nigeria isn't better than Any European country, and canada Austrialia etc

aswear!
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Austeen007(m): 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2020
Balck people dont have any issue in Russia. Dont tell me you have been consuming western propaganda. I have been living in Russian for years i,m Nigerian and i havent experienced racism yet.

Abeg make una stop to the help the west spread yeye propaganda.

Infact Russia Hosted the best World cup since history of FIFA world cup.

Omo Update yourself and stop feeding on outdate propaganda.

have'nt you read that Russia made it the list of top 5 safest countries in the world?

America didn't make the list.

So update yourselve and dont be left behind abeg
leksite120:
That's great.

I'm imagining how she will be coping there as a black.

Well, I hope she's fine without having much problem
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Cousin9999: 8:32am On Sep 26, 2020
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by YungLasaint(m): 5:30pm On Oct 15, 2020
partnerinbiz4:
I have decided to remain here in naija. Life is not easy anywhere. Even abroad. If you can supply airtime 5k to 10m, contact 0909--6--3-00200. Only serious persons please. We have an online presence even here on Nairaland with over 5366 positive feedback.May God heal us of covid19.
E still dey avialable?
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Bifrost: 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2020
EzeNdiAra:

They consider themselves as Russians not Whites.
Stop calling Europeans... Whites!
You're so confidently ignorant.
Russians are Caucasians, Caucasians are what we describe as whites.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Brawlscartel(m): 10:38am On Dec 01, 2020
NigeriaB:

Please can you state the lies in this post?

That the girl isn't in Russia?
That the Op is lying?
That what the girl said in the video are lies?

I don't understand....

I know the girl she is a scholarship student in Russia

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Ugosample(m): 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2020
Austeen007:
Balck people dont have any issue in Russia. Dont tell me you have been consuming western propaganda. I have been living in Russian for years i,m Nigerian and i havent experienced racism yet.

Abeg make una stop to the help the west spread yeye propaganda.

Infact Russia Hosted the best World cup since history of FIFA world cup.

Omo Update yourself and stop feeding on outdate propaganda.

have'nt you read that Russia made it the list of top 5 safest countries in the world?

America didn't make the list.

So update yourselve and dont be left behind abeg
Mr. Austin
I have to tell you the truth
Recently I have been reading your topics and posts with keen interest
Very informative I must say
However I must point out a few things
1. Is Russia's racism problem blown out of proportion?
Yes.
2. Can a black man live in russia without having to always watch over his shoulder?
Yes
In fact I believe that a Nigerian stand a better chance surviving in Russia than South Africa
BUT
It is naive to think that Russia has NO RACISM PROBLEM
That's a BIG LIE
The perception of the racism problem may actually be bigger than the reality, but saying Russia has no racism problem is not true.
That said
I really enjoy your posts
When I have the time, I'll read through more

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2020
DaddyGngeess:
I lived in Russia also from 2007 to 2011, I like Russia, Moscow precisely sweet city. Moscow never sleeps.
You all wey you go better con3 kon leave there we suppose swear for you nii O grin
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Cousin9999: 3:18am On Dec 02, 2020
It's a racist toilet.
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:17am On Dec 02, 2020
ZIINI:

You all wey you go better con3 kon leave there we suppose swear for you nii O grin

My guy chill, how long person go they another man country now, I don dey travel since 1998, I don retired oo, Europe no dey make person be rich, but it can start someone up if u are lucky and know what u are doing..
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Austeen007(m): 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
If you understand me I'm writing from my experience. My article is fostered only on my experience in Russia. so I say there isn't racism in Russia I may have over-exaggerated. Reasons; because of the way the western media and people asked me how I cope in a racist country like Russia? I laugh and tell them that there is no racism in Russia. this s because I myself have not experienced racism before in Russia.

I have a brother who lived here 8 years he said he never encountered racism, though he's in Nigerian now, and told me he would be visiting Russia Anytime soon.

The truth is there are racists everywhere, But the Russian govt. do not Tolerate racism. Most of the people got claiming Nazism their leaders were all arrested and recently just yesterday Putin is speaking with veterans so they can start prosecution of these Nacist elements. They are not Originally Russians they are offsprings of the people the red army rescued in Germany during world war II. SO they are trying to build the nazist idea but Russia arrested them all.

Right now in Russia if any group forms to start any stupid racist, Nazism, or any cultist idea like the Skin-head the following Night FSB will crack them down.

I agree with you that Russia has its own cut on Racism but not as exaggerated as we hear or read on the media.

For record-keeping, the 2008 world cup was dubbed the best ever world cup.

I'd rather live in Russia than live in the US or Britain: The reason is that the Russian Govt cracks down on Racism and shuns it, But in the US, and UK they ignore it and let their white citizens get away with it.

I acknowledge your points and it is reasonable.

Thanks, Bro

Ugosample:

Mr. Austin
I have to tell you the truth
Recently I have been reading your topics and posts with keen interest
Very informative I must say
However I must point out a few things
1. Is Russia's racism problem blown out of proportion?
Yes.
2. Can a black man live in russia without having to always watch over his shoulder?
Yes
In fact I believe that a Nigerian stand a better chance surviving in Russia than South Africa
BUT
It is naive to think that Russia has NO RACISM PROBLEM
That's a BIG LIE
The perception of the racism problem may actually be bigger than the reality, but saying Russia has no racism problem is not true.
That said
I really enjoy your posts
When I have the time, I'll read through more
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Austeen007(m): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2020
Russians are mixed, with over 200 different ethnic groups, The Slavs, the Mongols, Tartars, Turkmens, and much other minority.

But the main Russians are the Slavs others became Russians through the war in medieval times. For example, The Tatars once invaded Russia and failed in Moscow somehow they became Russians. Mongol also attacked Russia at the time it was Rus and Russian managed to conquer them. although it had a small population but was strong they, later on, surrendered to be Russians.

Although, Russia has a European part and the Asian part. That is why we refer to Russia to be in Eurasia.

Today Russians don't consider themselves Europeans you might argue this but that the truth. If you have been with Russian you'll understand this.

And Europeans and Americans do not consider Russians as white nor Caucasians. You will know this if you're on Quora Join the Space THE RUSSIAN BEAR. There you learn a lot from European, American, and Russian Arguments. about who are whites and brown lol. PEOPLE BRAG ABOUT SKIN COLOUR THESE DAYS A LOT.

So that dude is to a certain extent correct that Russian do not see themselves as whites. But This is a very big argument between Americans, Russians, and Europeans.

Bifrost:

You're so confidently ignorant.

Russians are Caucasians, Caucasians are what we describe as whites.
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Buaki: 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
I have tried a few fausets myself. But there is only one which I happen to have been using since 2014. It seems okay and pays well. It's called freebitcoin. You can access it through this link : https://freebitco.in/?r=2774864

Hope it helps.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: 7 Countries Nigerians Can Vacation Without Visas / Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Man Accused Of Being A Yahoo Boy Mobbed In Ondo After He Crushed 4 To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.