Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy (3238 Views)

Pls Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 A Good Phone? / Is Xiaomi Redmi Phones Good? / Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Codeblues(m): 1:55pm On May 25, 2020
I just searched this phone to buy for a close family member. The specs has 4gb+64gb.

Is it a good phone? Also we need pro and cons so to manage expectations

Where in computer village can one gets it as I budget below 60k?

Thanks guys.
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Codeblues(m): 2:41pm On May 25, 2020
Any info guys
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by jaywalker04(m): 3:14pm On May 25, 2020
I haven't used it yet. But I know a few who have and I've not heard any complaints. I did see one moniker here complaining about the SD665 being a disappointment, I don't know how true his claims are, though. But I think it's a really good phone.
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Jemerson: 3:57pm On May 25, 2020
Codeblues:
Any info guys

Google is free
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Tillatalk: 4:12pm On May 25, 2020
Codeblues:
I just searched this phone to buy for a close family member. The specs has 4gb+64gb.

G
Thanks guys.
best phone to use
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Codeblues(m): 4:19pm On May 25, 2020
Jemerson:

Google is free

I know Google is free backed up with 5G where I am.
Learn how to keep quiet and observe before making an input in any discussion. With this advice your career and life will be unstoppable.

13 Likes

Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by RZArecta(m): 4:27pm On May 25, 2020
Codeblues:

Learn how to keep quiet and observe before making an input in any discussion. With this advice your career and life will be unstoppable.
it has great reviews so far, try using gsmarena.com to get an idea of user reviews also. I’m seriously considering the phone as my new daily runner also. It’s stunning but pocket friendly

Cc Alosbaba007
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Codeblues(m): 4:28pm On May 25, 2020
Tillatalk:
best phone to use

Thanks. I came across it online that's why I am asking if anyone at home have any info about it.
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Jemerson: 4:46pm On May 25, 2020
Codeblues:

Don't allow your smartphone to be smarter than you. This is 2020
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by myenvironalert(m): 4:57pm On May 25, 2020
That's one of the best phones out there
But you won't get it for 60k, 75k at least
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Olamyyde(m): 6:05pm On May 25, 2020
jaywalker04:
I haven't used it yet. But I know a few who have and I've not heard any complaints. I did see one moniker here complaining about the SD665 being a disappointment, I don't know how true his claims are, though. But I think it's a really good phone.
That nigga bought an sd 665 with 4000mah and expected it to perform like an sd865 with 6000mah.

2 Likes

Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Olamyyde(m): 6:14pm On May 25, 2020
Pros:
The camera is very good especially with gcam

The phone is buttery smooth with multitasking. Apps don't hang. It's a 4gb ram phone that feels like 6gb.

The 1080p lcd display is beautiful.

Plays pubg, cod, pes 2020 without lag at medium settings and framerate.

The battery is ok for non-gaming tasks. You get an 8-9hr SOT.

Supports a lot of custom roms and gcam ports

Cons:
Stock camera takes mediocre pics at times

Online games can suck the battery with straw

Supports only usb 2.0, so u can't connect it directly to your tv through hdmi

Uses emmc storage.

2 Likes

Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Recount: 9:39pm On May 25, 2020
Codeblues:

Thanks guys.
Honestly, if you don't care about the price you can go for it, the performance is OK. However, I was disappointed at the flashlight for torch, it's very poor, the rear camera 48MP does not live up to expectations.
Front Camera is great for Selfie.

From a user

1 Like

Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by jaywalker04(m): 9:55pm On May 25, 2020
Olamyyde:

That nigga bought an sd 665 with 4000mah and expected it to perform like an sd865 with 6000mah.
I had a feeling he wasn't being realistic with his expectations too.
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Recount: 10:52pm On May 25, 2020
jaywalker04:
I had a feeling he wasn't being realistic with his expectations too.
Sixty something thousand is not chicken change
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by jaywalker04(m): 10:57pm On May 25, 2020
Recount:

Sixty something thousand is not chicken change
Indeed it isn't. But it's not exactly exactly how much you'd get flagship performance for. I have no grounds in this cos I haven't personally used the phone or any SD665 device so...
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Ufedolove: 11:20pm On May 25, 2020
A user.

The phone is fairly good.
It is a beast relative to its price (my right fingers alone should sufficiently count the phones within its price range that beat it)

The 48mp camera is very good. Literally speaking, every girl in my hostel prefers to take those Sunday shots with my phone. Video recording too doesn't disappoint.

In terms of multitasking, the phone lives up to its expectations. You will only be disappointed if you want it to perform the tasks of a 6GB or higher RAM phone.

Given its processor, battery is optimised. It's capacity is 4000mAh that charges from 0-100% within 100 minutes. I'm a heavy user but I'm usually unconcerned about the battery life. I mean to say it lasts long--longer than you would imagine.

It has exciting and amazing stock apps that would save you the stress of downloading their replicas from the store or the net as a whole. Such apps include: document scanner, a well equipped note taker, document reader and creator, Mi share, Mi remote control app, Mi Music, Mi Video (this one particularly beats any video app you wish to download), Mi browser, etc.

The UI is fun, amazing and just name it. (You get to change themes anyhow you want and these themes change the displays of the system, the lockscreen and most of its stock apps.

4G is standard on both sim slots.

Cons:

It gets hot when you use the camera app for long especially portrait mode and 48mp pictures. In fact, the camera, when configured in certain ways can kill all running apps in the background but don't worry, you will get the quality pictures you want.

The Mi Music and Mi File apps are stuffed with annoying ads that you just can't get rid off no matter what you do.

The phone can't be easily rooted.

Type C USB port. You might not be able to quickly borrow your neighbor's cord to quickly charge your phone.

Only Google's Phone, Contacts and Messaging apps are traditionally and truly supported on the phone such that Mi Dialer, Mi Messaging and Mi Contacts apps crash or depend on the Google apps. This is not really a problem though. Just that, I personally don't like too much Google apps on my phone.

The flashlight is not bright.

Make your choice.

5 Likes

Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by nduprincekc(m): 11:20pm On May 25, 2020
nice
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by edoairways: 1:27am On May 26, 2020
Recount:

Honestly, if you don't care about the price you can go for it, the performance is OK. However, I was disappointed at the flashlight for torch, it's very poor, the rear camera 48MP does not live up to expectations.
Front Camera is great for Selfie.

From a user
What of back camera?
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by chibike69: 1:34am On May 26, 2020
grin
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Codeblues(m): 8:00am On May 26, 2020
Thanks for this info bro!
I have contacted 2 guys in CV but they are out of stock. Jumia shows it will delivers anytime between july 1-15 smiley if purchased online.

Ufedolove:
A user.

It is a beast relative to its price (my right fingers alone should sufficiently count the phones within its price range that beat it)

The 48mp camera is very good. Literally speaking, every girl in my hostel prefers to take those Sunday shots with my phone. Video recording too doesn't disappoint.

In terms of multitasking, the phone lives up to its expectations. You will only be disappointed if you want it to perform the tasks of a 6GB or higher RAM phone.

Given its processor, battery is optimised. It's capacity is 4000mAh that charges from 0-100% within 100 minutes. I'm a heavy user but I'm usually unconcerned about the battery life. I mean to say it lasts long--longer than you would imagine.

It has exciting and amazing stock apps that would save you the stress of downloading their replicas from the store or the net as a whole. Such apps include: document scanner, a well equipped note taker, document reader and creator, Mi share, Mi remote control app, Mi Music, Mi Video (this one particularly beats any video app you wish to download), Mi browser, etc.

The UI is fun, amazing and just name it. (You get to change themes anyhow you want and these themes change the displays of the system, the lockscreen and most of its stock apps.

Cons:

It gets hot when you use the camera app for long especially portrait mode and 48mp pictures. In fact, the camera, when configured in certain ways can kill all running apps in the background but don't worry, you will get the quality pictures you want.

The Mi Music and Mi File apps are stuffed with annoying ads that you just can't get rid off no matter what you do.

Type C USB port. You might not be able to quickly borrow your neighbor's cord to quickly charge your phone.

Only Google's Phone, Contacts and Messaging apps are traditionally and truly supported on the phone such that Mi Dialer, Mi Messaging and Mi Contacts apps crash or depend on the Google apps. This is not really a problem though. Just that, I personally don't like too much Google apps on my phone.

Make your choice.

Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Ufedolove: 12:24pm On May 26, 2020
Codeblues:
Thanks for this info bro!
I have contacted 2 guys in CV but they are out of stock. Jumia shows it will delivers anytime between july 1-15 smiley if purchased online.

Yes, the phone is very scarce at the moment. You are lucky it's even on Jumia.
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by ikmuan(m): 12:34pm On May 26, 2020
Pls someone should help me on how to get d gcam n IR blaster on my redmi note 8.
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Rockmyworld(m): 4:26pm On May 26, 2020
Bought mine yesterday it's really a good phone. Bought the 4/128 GB version. It's been awesome

1 Like

Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by ZesusHVWritter(m): 4:39pm On May 26, 2020
ikmuan:
Pls someone should help me on how to get d gcam n IR blaster on my redmi note 8.
For the ir blaster configuration https://c.mi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2824464&aid=5407743&from=album&page=1
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Recount: 9:10pm On May 26, 2020
edoairways:

What of back camera?
As I said it does not live up to the expectation of 48MP. I rate it 20 something MP
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Recount: 9:14pm On May 26, 2020
Ufedolove:
A user.

Cons:

Make your choice.

You said the UI is good? angry
Do you how much suffering it took to install common app drawer?
If you are not a techy person, tread cautiously when buying this phone.
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Ufedolove: 10:06pm On May 26, 2020
Recount:
This one is new to me seriously. I never had such a problem. The installation process was swift and smooth.
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by Recount: 10:38am On May 27, 2020
Ufedolove:

This one is new to me seriously. I never had such a problem. The installation process was swift and smooth.
Why didn't the phone come with app drawer like any other phone? To root the phone is a long process which you must do with PC
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by modextus(m): 12:21pm On May 27, 2020
Rockmyworld:
Bought mine yesterday it's really a good phone. Bought the 4/128 GB version. It's been awesome
For how much?
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:55pm On May 27, 2020
Recount:
It's not that difficult, just install nova or any other launcher. Or the app drawer you are talking about is different?
Re: Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Good Phone To Buy by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:57pm On May 27, 2020
Recount:

Why didn't the phone come with app drawer like any other phone? To root the phone is a long process which you must do with PC
It doesn't use app drawer because miui is aimed at bringing the ios experience to android.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung A52 Vs Infinix Note 10 Pro - Whos The Boss ? / Help I Just Bought A Brand New Samsung That I Cant Use / Hey Guys Checkout This Hack I Just Discovered! I Doubt If You Know About This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.