Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,006 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo (13610 Views)

REVEALED!!! Murderous Wife, Temitope Adebamiro’s Shrine And Slaying Of Husband / Female Banker, Others Charged With Defrauding Emir Of Kano’s Account (photos) / Man Charged With Stabbing Co-Tenant Over Bathroom Usage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by blacksta(m): 4:06pm On Jan 18, 2011
A south suburban man was charged Monday in connection with the slaying of a University of Illinois at Chicago graduate student gunned down in front of his Dolton home.

Nelon Drake, 22, of the 15500 block of South Dobson Avenue in Dolton, appeared in court Monday and was charged with first-degree murder for the Nov. 29 death of Olubusayo Awomolo. Robbery appeared to be the motive for the shooting, Cook County state's attorney spokeswoman Sally Daly said. Drake's bond was set at $2 million, Daly said.

"We are happy that they have at least caught the shooter," said Adeola Awomolo, Olubusayo Awomolo's stepmother. "We had trust they would do something, but it was not easy. We went the whole month of December and heard nothing."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-01-17/news/ct-met-dolton-murder-charge-0118-20110117_1_graduate-student-slaying-dolton
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by LoveKing(m): 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2011
Wonderful.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by bkbabe97y(m): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2011
Nice!!! Now wheres Ileke-Idi to come complete the "prayers" she had for Aloy/Emeka, Kobojunkie, and all others that was having fun at the expense of news of this young man's demise?!
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Afam4eva(m): 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
May the man rot in jail hell.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by blacksta(m): 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2011
B - rip

evil can never prevail over Good.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Rhino5dm: 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2011
Good! now i can take back my anger.

fukking Americants [size=22pt]GOOD AMERICANS[/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by UyiIredia(m): 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2011
good news smiley >>> such an irony sad
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by blacksta(m): 4:52pm On Jan 18, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

good news smiley >>> such an irony sad

what is the irony?
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Abagworo(m): 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
May the soul of great Nairalander bawomolo Rest in perfect peace.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by ekubear1: 5:15pm On Jan 18, 2011
Glad the caught the b@stard.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by leboss6(m): 6:23pm On Jan 18, 2011
If na Naija e happen the God forsaken killer for chop go without any traces
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Jenifa1: 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
I'm glad for this news. now justice can be meted out.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 18, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Nice!!! Now wheres Ileke-Idi to come complete the "prayers" she had for Aloy/Emeka, Kobojunkie, and all others that was having fun at the expense of news of this young man's demise?!
Kobojukie would never stoop that low, she wasnt part of the puppets.

@post

He took a man's life because he wanted a piece of paper?
Why not just leave him? What a senseless murder.
Jail is too good, I want something more painful.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by OAM4J: 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
good.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by ElRazur: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Please, Kobojunkie never poked fun at his demise. Jesus.

She just wanted a confirmation before emotions run high and people who just do not like her started coming out of the wood work.

@Topic

Will he be fried in the chair then? I think, I will want him to be on death-row for the next 3 years, not knowing if he will be fried or injected.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Olaedo1: 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2011

But you would and you have.

Ileke-IdI:

@post

He took a man's life because he wanted a piece of paper?
Why not just leave him? What a senseless murder.

Get over it.What's done is done.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Jenifa1: 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2011
vengeance is mine says the lord.
I think he should definitely serve a jail sentence. but i'm not a supporter of death sentence.

meanwhile, govt should do something about gun control.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2011
ElRazur:

@Topic

Will be fried in chair then? I think, I will want him to be on death-row for the next 3 years, not knowing if he will be fried or injected.

That's even too good. I want any military torture technique applied on him. If I can have my wish, I want him used as a scientific experiment.
That's even too good for such a senseless murder.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 18, 2011
Jenifa_:

I think he should definitely serve a jail sentence. but i'm not a supporter of death sentence.

*scoffs*
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Olaedo1: 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

That's even too good. I want any military torture techniques applied on him. If I can have my wish, I want him used as a scientific experiment.
That's even too good for such a senseless murder.

Ok then lets send you in to do the work Sistah Solja. wink
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by ElRazur: 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2011
Jenifa_:

I think God is too slow in punishing the evil one. It is a good thing the suspect is not in the hand of the lord, but the law.  grin

Gun is probably here to stay in yankee, it is a culture that will never go away I think.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Mobinga: 6:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
Oh my God. I wish the FG can extradite him here. He deserves to spend the rest of his life  in a Nigerian prison, before he faces the firing squad.

They should shoot him in every part of his body, before his brains, and his carcass is burnt!!

This is what that Bitchh Ibinabo Fiberesima did to a young man, and she now goes about parading as a christian!! FILTHY B!TCH!
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by tkb417(m): 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2011
Now that he has been unmasked, if it was in 9ja, I trust my flipmode to hatch a sweet H.I.T

Bastard!

Die murfcker!
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Mobinga: 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^^ GBAM!!!!
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Odunnu: 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2011
Awesome news!
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by dayokanu(m): 7:01pm On Jan 18, 2011
Unfortunately, I dont think death sentence is used in Illinois. How I wish it was in TX
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by fstranger1: 7:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
Good that there is no death sentence in Illinois

Death sentence would have been an easy way out
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

@post

[b]He took a man's life because he wanted a piece of paper?[/b]Why not just leave him? What a senseless murder.

Was he seriously trying to steal papers he couldn't possibly read and understand?
Papers are like kryptonite to those MOFOS. Maybe he should be made to read those papers everyday, perhaps that will kill him faster than anything.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2011
Aigbofa:

Was he seriously trying to steal papers he couldn't possibly read and understand?
Papers are like kryptonite to those MOFOS. Maybe he should be made to read those papers everyday, perhaps that will kill him faster than anything.

paper = worthless money.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by fstranger1: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
They should send him to Nigeria and let him spend a month in Gusua prison, Maiduguri, just so he could experience the other side of life!
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Olaedo1: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2011
This should be in the crime section.
Re: Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo by Mobinga: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2011
Ola edo:

This should be in the crime section.
No. It should be on EVERY section angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Reserves Judgement On Nnamdi Kanu's Case Until December 15 / Police Officers Beat Okada Rider Mercilessly Over N20 Bribe / Uncovered: New System Used By Fraudsters To Withdraw Customer's Money From Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.