Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:51 AM

What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (33724 Views)

Poll: Can a woman who can't cook be a good wife?

Yes: 58% (41 votes)
No: 41% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? / A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2007
blackbeaut:

At the same time, has it ever occured to you that there are women who DON'T like cooking and therefore can't cook? How is that a crime?

No problem.I'm sure you won't have qualms if your husband declared to you that he doesn't like working and therefore can't work.That can't be a crime.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2007
it shouldnt be a crime too if he states he doesnt like being faithful and thus wont be faithful.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Islander(f): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2007
I-man:

No problem.I'm sure you won't have qualms if your husband declared to you that he doesn't like working and therefore can't work.That can't be a crime.

sarcasm doesn't look great "on" you.

This your remark is pointless, 
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by OmoEko1(f): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2007
Islander:

You got yourself a[b] Man[/b] Not A Manicou,
M[b]ost of these men you hear crying about women who cannot cook, don't mind them. They went blindly and fell in love because she maybe had long straight blonde hair, or money, etc, so now that the food thingy getting to them, they are here brawling, [/b] Que las ti ma,
LMAO, girl you are too much OOOO shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, but you are so right sha. Laughing and rolling on the floor, damn i can't stop laughing
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2007
Islander:

sarcasm doesn't look great "on" you.

This your remark is pointless, 

Agreeably pointless. . . .drew my inspiration from the deluge of pointless remarks I have seen from women here
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Islander(f): 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2007
I-man:

Agreeably pointless. . . .drew my inspiration from the deluge of pointless remarks I have seen from women here

Yea yea yea, blame us for everything,
But I did learn something important here today. Now I added one more quality to my already long list.

1.He must be able to cook well, if not he must be able to spend well since women aren't being cut any slack, then why should men??
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by blackbeaut(f): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2007
I-man:

Very funny!!!!! Am not laughing
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by queen2(f): 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2007
Lol, seun's comment got me rolling on the floor, but dear she really need to know how to cook and this kind of story sef I attire oh, what about the guy too if he can cook he can be of help to the lady, shebi this is love
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by hotchic1(f): 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2007
Sumtimes guys are very funny,i knw its necessary a woman knws ao to cook but nevertheless,it doesn't mean she's of no use
Your friend can talk to his gurl about this,they are not married and before they do she can start to learn it before their marriage

And you guys should stop using it as an excuse for cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:29pm On Jun 11, 2007
queen2:

Lol, seun's comment got me rolling on the floor, but dear she really need to know how to cook and this kind of story sef I attire oh, what about the guy too if he can cook he can be of help to the lady, shebi this is love

Finally! A true woman has spoken!!

hot chic:

Sumtimes guys are very funny,i knw its necessary a woman knws ao to cook but nevertheless,it doesn't mean she's of no use
Your friend can talk to his girl about this,they are not married and before they do she can start to learn it before their marriage

And you guys should stop using it as an excuse for cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another sister keeping it real!

When a woman delights in cooking for her man, the man's loyalty to her increases!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Imani(f): 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2007
I think the reason why some women are rebelling may be due to the attitude of some men who think that women should just be about domestic activities.

With regards to cooking, ladies seriously should know how to cook. Except it is impossible due to a medical condition, there is no excuse not to learn to cook at least the basics. The food just needs to be well cooked and not necessarily gourmet style. While men shouldn't be about food, the same also goes to the women. Everyone wants to eat good food and healthy and also cheaply. Having a chef is ok if you can afford it but i have the feeling that not many will be able to employ a chef abroad at least. . . . it is just too expensive.

Family values are fast breaking down with so many problems with relationships. Like someone pointed out, what about the kids? at least they should be enough motivation to want to cook. I am sure most of us can remember when we came home tired from school and food was ready of course prepared by mum! What will be the point in trying to be superior to your husband by refusing to cook. I hope ladies are not thinking being a single mother is fun. Someone also acknowledged that inability to cook may lead to the man's unfaithfulness, well if your husband means a lot to you then you do all you can to keep him. There are lots of single ladies around. Cooking can also be fun and not the hard task it is being made out to be.

While I am all for women being able to express themselves in the workplace and have a voice in the society, however the home and basic family values must not be neglected.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2007
Imani:

I think the reason why some women are rebelling may be due to the attitude of some men who think that women should just be about domestic activities.

With regards to cooking, ladies seriously should know how to cook. Except it is impossible due to a medical condition, there is no excuse not to learn to cook at least the basics. The food just needs to be well cooked and not necessarily gourmet style. While men shouldn't be about food, the same also goes to the women. Everyone wants to eat good food and healthy and also cheaply. Having a chef is ok if you can afford it but i have the feeling that not many will be able to employ a chef abroad at least. . . . it is just too expensive.

Family values are fast breaking down with so many problems with relationships. Like someone pointed out, what about the kids? at least they should be enough motivation to want to cook. I am sure most of us can remember when we came home tired from school and food was ready of course prepared by mum! What will be the point in trying to be superior to your husband by refusing to cook. I hope ladies are not thinking being a single mother is fun. Someone also acknowledged that inability to cook may lead to the man's unfaithfulness, well if your husband means a lot to you then you do all you can to keep him. There are lots of single ladies around. Cooking can also be fun and not the hard task it is being made out to be.

While I am all for women being able to express themselves in the workplace and have a voice in the society, however the home and basic family values must not be neglected.

Chei! See solid wife material dey talk! Are you married? grin

All those anti-men feminazis make una hear wetin opeke Imani dey talk oooo!

Imani, God bless you for say the truth!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by justme3(m): 8:47pm On Jun 11, 2007
i dn't think a woman who can't cook is worthless but dat doesn't mean i can marry one. I cant cook so i need a wife who can- not ready to feed on junk for the rest of my life.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ghettochyk(f): 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2007
lol!! all you beings dat call urselves "men" (hahaha!!) are just hungry. get your lazy asses to da damn kitchen and cook yourselve a fxcking meal. now this about being a feminists huh? i feel sorry for the unlucky women who would be unfortunate enuff to get stuck with y'all. tongue

Ok, so, WHAT IS THE VALUE OF A WOMAN WHO CAN COOK BUT DON'T LIKE TO? hmmm, lemme guess, she aint woman enuff huh? tongue
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Caradona(f): 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2007
I prefer if my man don't eat too much food. who wants oversize belly man on top of a woman. so i always say to my boyfriend i can't cook and whenever He comes to my place we only eat carrots and sweet peas.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by mrmayor(m): 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2007
@Nairaland Feminist,

The question is  not [b]"wheather man helps with the cooking but if she can't cook at all".[/b]I have dated a woman who burns whatever she cooked,sometimes too much salt,I could live with it because she wasn't Nigerian.What would you (girls) do if you find out that your brothers wife could make a passing plate of jollof rice? My mum taught all her boys how to cook and I have being cooking most of my food all my adult life,so don't start with all that feminist bla bla.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by idiotogbdcm(m): 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2007
what other value does a woman that can cook and take care of a home possess lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 11:01pm On Jun 11, 2007
ghettochyk:

k, so, WHAT IS THE VALUE OF A WOMAN WHO CAN COOK BUT DON'T [b]LIKE [/b]TO? hmmm, let me guess, she aint woman enough huh? tongue

She's lazy and selfish (no concern for her man or her kids).
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2007
Most of feminazi-wannabees do not live in Nigeria. They're tucked away somewhere in the West and watch anti-family shows like Oprah. This is the main reason that many Africans go back home to look for a wife and run from the confused African girls lost in the West. Even American men are going to South America, Asia, Eastern Europe and Russia to seek real women. The damage done by extreme feminism in the West is incalculable.

Mainstream media has realized the mess extreme feminism has caused (albeit belatedly) and is trying (not hard enough) to protect the family. In nearly all family sitcom in the US (e.g., Everybody Loves Raymond, My Wife and Kids, The Bernie Mac Show, etc. etc.) it is a given that the wife cooks for the family! angry The sitcoms in a society, is usually a fair representation of an ideal every-day life.

Day 1: I'm not cooking.
Day 2: I'm not having kids. Go get a surrogate mom.
Day 3: I want an open relationship.
Day 4: I'm attracted to other women. See, we have something in common.
Day 5: I want to experiment with that stuff, heard it gives a good high.
Day 6: I think we should see other people.
Day 7: Honey, I want a divorce.

For all the G's out there, do not allow the discussion to get to Day 1, else you're majorly screwed! If Day 1 comes, please take off, it's a lost cause. sad
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 12, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Most of feminazi-wannabees do not live in Nigeria. They're tucked away somewhere in the West and watch anti-family shows like Oprah. This is the main reason that many Africans go back home to look for a wife and run from the confused African girls lost in the West. Even American men are going to South America, Asia, Eastern Europe and Russia to seek real women. The damage done by extreme feminism in the West is incalculable.

May i also painfully add that most of them are not married, immature, think that being loud, aggressive and abusive is a sign of independence and a "strong black woman" and are mostly confused.
The white women they are trying to copy do not sit down telling us they cant cook. Shockingly it is the white girls that behave more like the traditional women that our girls here want to run away from as a false sign of westernisation. I've only dated white women since i've been here and i cant remember any instance where i had to go cook for any one of them in my own house. Of course they knew i could cook, just that they dont sit on their butts all day screaming about 50:50.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ghettochyk(f): 1:13am On Jun 12, 2007
over-generalization and speaking without facts to back up what you say is pure foolishness.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:38am On Jun 12, 2007
thanks for making urself a good example. grin That was all the validation needed.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Islander(f): 1:45am On Jun 12, 2007
@david, we have all heard u loud and clear. Kudos to you and your white babes. Work hard Papi, you will need an extra trust fund just to facilitate botox.

@topic,
No one says that a man must marry a woman who cannot cook. I certainly would not encourage my brothers nor nephews to do such. However, when a woman's worth is judged primarily on her efforts in the kitchen it becomes a travestry of justice.

What if I were to proclaim that I wouldn't date or marry a man if he cannot assemble a household gadget. Or if he cannot drive, or if he doesn't mow the lawn or take out the thrash?

Being unmarried or single or loud or all the other things David stated have absolutely NOTHING to do with the discussion at hand. Sometimes we need to step down off our highass horses and be realistic.

Thank God Mama did teach me well, but I refuse to become someone's housemaid.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ghettochyk(f): 2:17am On Jun 12, 2007
Islander:

@david, we have all heard u loud and clear. Kudos to you and your white babes. Work hard Papi, you will need an extra trust fund just to facilitate botox.

@topic,
No one says that a man must marry a woman who cannot cook. I certainly would not encourage my brothers nor nephews to do such. However, when a woman's worth is judged primarily on her efforts in the kitchen it becomes a travestry of justice.

What if I were to proclaim that I wouldn't date or marry a man if he cannot assemble a household gadget. Or if he cannot drive, or if he doesn't mow the lawn or take out the thrash?

Being unmarried or single or loud or all the other things David stated have absolutely NOTHING to do with the discussion at hand. Sometimes we need to step down off our highass horses and be realistic.

Thank God Mama did teach me well, but I refuse to become someone's housemaid.
his posts are pointless and are really getting old and boring, yawn, don't bother, if he didn't get it the first time, he aint goin happen now. good luck with your white chick, be ready to get treated like "an African should be by a white girl" , "yes massa". *hissss*
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by OmoEko1(f): 2:22am On Jun 12, 2007
ghettochyk:

his posts are pointless and are really getting old and boring, yawn, don't bother, if he didn't get it the first time, he aint goin happen now. good luck with your white chick, be ready to get treated like "an African should be a white girl" , "yes massa". *hissss*
Second this comment.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:25am On Jun 12, 2007
Calvin Hernton was very right. grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Islander(f): 2:36am On Jun 12, 2007
No quiere el nino este hable el stupido. cry cry angry angry
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:36am On Jun 12, 2007
How is Oprah anti family?

I swear all these illegial aliens don't even know what they are babbling anymore. They act like they know everything about the "west". idiots.

The same Everybody Loves Raymond that one 'tard mentioned shows Debra constantly beating up Ray, that's the show you are promoting? didirin, and Debra doesnt even know how to cook, they always go to his mother house to eat.

Get your facts straight, jeez.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ghettochyk(f): 3:36am On Jun 12, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

How is Oprah anti family?

I swear all these illegial aliens don't even know what they are babbling anymore. They act like they know everything about the "west". idiots.

The same Everybody Loves Raymond that one 'tard mentioned shows Debra constantly beating up Ray, that's the show you are promoting? didirin, and Debra doesnt even know how to cook, they always go to his mother house to eat.

Get your facts straight, jeez.
I think I've told him that before.

Oprah is now a feminist cus she running thangs. bullshyt. *hisssssssssssss*
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 4:38am On Jun 12, 2007
davidylan:

May i also painfully add that most of them are not married, immature, think that being loud, aggressive and abusive is a sign of independence and a "strong black woman" and are mostly confused.
The white women they are trying to copy do not sit down telling us they can't cook. Shockingly it is the white girls that behave more like the traditional women that our girls here want to run away from as a false sign of westernisation. I've only dated white women since i've been here and i can't remember any instance where i had to go cook for any one of them in my own house. Of course they knew i could cook, just that they don't sit on their butts all day screaming about 50:50.

davidylan. Is there any other thing you talk about on Nairaland than the fact that you've dated a white woman?
It's old already. change the topic 'cause we're all yawning in here.
always got to find a way to make the news fit around every topic. lol

Islander:

tell him. please.
you would think he won 2 million jackpot with the way he tries to fit the news that he had a WHITE ex-girlfriend around every topic.
I hope he doesn't get a new one. this site will be filled with spam. tongue

anyways, i like this topic cheesy. minus the title
ghettochyk:

his posts are pointless and are really getting old and boring, yawn, don't bother, if he didn't get it the first time, he aint goin happen now. good luck with your white chick,

took the words right out of my mouth. cheesy
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 4:42am On Jun 12, 2007
they just must hate a man sha.  grin I wonder why everyone is hyperventilating over the color or a woman's skin. Anyway make una enjoy jare. I'm outa here, some people can't resist the temptation to turn perfectly anonymous comments into an opportunity to take a dig at others.  grin grin grin

Calvin Hernton was right afterall. Fits the description to the letter. wink
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 4:45am On Jun 12, 2007
ok. sir.
next time you talk about your ex-girlfriend. like you do in every topic, please follow your advice and don't hyperventilate over the color of her skin. lol

oh no you didn't!!
Oprah is my hero but don't worry, the feeling is mutual wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" / Reasons Why Some Men Never Cheat (must read) jl / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.