Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (33704 Views)

Poll: Can a woman who can't cook be a good wife?

Yes: 58% (41 votes)
No: 41% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? / A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Islander(f): 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2007
davidylan:

awww what a load of tripe. Who said anything about being jealous? Do you perchance have double vision?
If truly you don't care what i do why have you all been hammering on the same thing since 1882? Besides its a forum ma'am just in case you forgot, so i have every right to use whatever experiences to as examples to reinforce my argument which in case you all forgot was directed to the more mature members of this audience not to the jonny just comes looking for avenues to pick quarrels!

You have NO right to tell me what i can keep to myself and what i can't. Stick to the topic and ignore what you are "growing tired of hearing", perhaps you don't realise how it grates on the nerves to sit by and watch you destroy albeit wunnerful threads with your garrulous and disgusting insults! Please spare me!

[size=18pt]Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook [/size]

Now that is the topic to discuss, not harping on and on for 20 years about how i shld keep my preferences to myself because u're tired of hearing it. I don't remember typing specifically on this forum for you or others.
[/b]

You just told me the same thing you posted in previous posts. Got anything new? Anyway, maturity is not in your height or weight, or supposedly intelligence. So please spare me.

FYI I insult ANYONE who insults me first. Please David if you have something to tell me, you know Nairaland isn't where I reside.

@Topic,
The value of a woman who cannot cook and a man who cannot financially attend to the needs of his family is the same damn thing.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Rhea(f): 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2007
The value of a woman who cannot cook is the gross worth of her value in between the sheets.
I know marriages end in infidelity. Yet to hear of one that ended out of hunger except it led to death.

The way to a man's heart has been relocated from the stomach to the crotch. grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Elgaxton(m): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2007
Hmmmmmm! Una don start again o!!

So Seun! u mean U'll open ur two eyes and marry some1 who can't cook

Guy shine ur eyes o!!

The best i can do for her is teach her, if she does not wanna learn Oti Shelle be dat o!

I've cooked enough for myself so there should be a significant change in ur life 1ce u get married.

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ben123(m): 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2007
It is good for a woman to know how to cook becauses good food is the way to an African man's heart, that saying is still as true as day and night, take it or leave it, A woman that cant cook can always learn how to cook and if her man is an expert chef, a little tutorial wont be a bad idea. Im totally opposed to a woman being looked down on because of her inability to cook, Here in the Uk, the girls cant be bothered about cooking, You can go jump in a lake if you dont want them because of a trivial issue as cooking for you,
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2007
Man-eater:

If all women must know how to cook and it is their sole duty in marriage or union with a man
Their sole duty ? Are you using this forum through a translator?

then by all means all men must be rich, it is their sole duty to go and fend for all the needs of the family.
Thus she gives you a fantastic meal and you can show your gratitude by giving her a big diamond.
After all what's the value of a man, if he can't afford a fabulous life for his woman.

Irrelevant twaddle . You might as well have included yabba dabba doo grin

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WORD X'S TWO.
Word to yaba daba doo . grin

This is what they call a strawman's argument.In a debate in which one side is struggling to make a coherent case,they proceed to deliberately misrepresent the other side's point of view.This is me being charitable by presuming that our femi[i]nazis [/i] have a strategy. It could just be the simple problem of an inability to comprehend grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by debosky(m): 5:22pm On Jun 12, 2007
A woman who cannot cook, is significantly diminished in value as a wife IMO, it is an important quality to have and the level of 'education' or 'liberation' has nothing to do with this. It doesn't mean she will slave over the stove all her life, it just means when required she can cook up something to satisfy her hubby and kids.

some people equating diamonds to cooking have missed the point,
I refer you to I-man's last question, is it lack of comprehension or a particular strategy??

A man who cannot provide for his family is even more useless, that is not in question, but women have always been nurturers and care givers more than men, thus it is a highly necessary quality to be able to do so.

I-man carry on! I support you fully, except in the area of your 1-minute-ness grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by tete(f): 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2007
with love all things 'should' be possible but in reality love in a relationship or marriage is  never enough to make it work. It takes a lot of sacrifice and hard work in general. If this guy in question loves his girlfriend its a good start because with love comes patience(this should be the case).

Now the question is, is this a big issue with him? if it is then he should let his girlfriend know how he feels about it and then encourage her to learn and trust me if his girl loves him,is level headed, down-to-earth, family oriented she'd definitely give it her best shot. Otherwise it will be obvious that they are going to have some serious compatibility issues which will definitely affect the relationship negatively and might even lead to the end of it and in that case it will become necessary for him to make some tough choices.

I personally believe it is a thing of pride apart from it being part of her duties,for a woman to make meals for her family, children and husband included. As a woman its one of the things that u grow to enjoy. I don't expect my husband to cook half of the time while I cook the other half but if indeed he decides to cook at all i will find it extremely romantic and thoughtful.

Ladies lets not deceive ourselves, whatever we read in books or watch on tv is not reality. The truth of the matter is that for those ladies out there who intend to get married and make their marriages work, they should be ready to make a lot of compromises(which is also expected of the men) and if you are of the opinion that cooking should be 50-50 then,
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by nyabinghi(m): 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2007
Guys,

I can never even try to settle down with a woman who can't cook. Who said itsnot the duty of the woman to  cook for her husband. I see most of our girls are trying to act large as if men are not dear to them(Hypocrites). The way to a man's heart is through his belly and not d8ck. Nuff said.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Kaliyat(f): 5:32pm On Jun 12, 2007
wheeewwwwww I'm beginning to have a terrible headache after reading all the bla bla bla from you guys.

1. Ladies! Ladies!! Ladies!!! Please read Prov. 30:15. " She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat (food) - (for emphasis)  to her household, and a portion to her maidens" It is talking about a virtuous woman.

We should not let the rising tide of feminism sweep us off our feet and dump us on the wrong side of the sea. We are women and whatever status we get to, we are still responsible for the upkeep of the family which includes cooking and so on. Please, don't misunderstand me, am not trying to be on the GUYS' side, I read thru all the replies from the beginning to the last one by nyabinghi and I feel all your concerns, but I still think, no matter what degrees we have, we are still the women of the home and it is our sole objective to cater for the home foodwise.

As for you GUYS it should not be a sole priority (KNOWING HOW TO COOK)but atleast just a bonus to the already fabulous package.  

And please, we just drop the animosity and be good Nigerians who love Peace and Unity. This is just a forum not a war front.  grin wink wink wink wink wink
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Islander(f): 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2007
@Debo, don't worry my boy,
After we wine, I will make you Peleau, Boilin, Oxtai, Rice & peas, Bouliox anything you like grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2007
Kaliyat:

wheeewwwwww I'm beginning to have a terrible headache after reading all the bla bla bla from you guys.

1. Ladies! Ladies!! Ladies!!! Please read Prov. 30:15. " She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat (food) - (for emphasis) to her household, and a portion to her maidens" It is talking about a virtuous woman.

We should not let the rising tide of feminism sweep us off our feet and dump us on the wrong side of the sea. We are women and whatever status we get to, we are still responsible for the upkeep of the family which includes cooking and so on. Please, don't misunderstand me, am not trying to be on the GUYS' side, I read through all the replies from the beginning to the last one by nyabinghi and I feel all your concerns, but I still think, no matter what degrees we have, we are still the women of the home and it is our sole objective to cater for the home foodwise.

As for you GUYS it should not be a sole priority (KNOWING HOW TO COOK)but atleast just a bonus to the already fabulous package.

And please, we just drop the animosity and be good Nigerians who love Peace and Unity. This is just a forum not a war front. grin wink wink wink wink wink

Now here is were "WORD" is most appropriate to use!

It is impossible for a man to marry a woman solely based on her ability to cook. They say the way to a man's heart is his belly, certainly he does not forget his brains in that belly. It is all part of what makes a woman feminine.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2007
debosky:

I-man carry on! I support you fully, except in the area of your 1-minute-ness grin grin grin

What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Bring Her Man to Orgasm Within 1 Minute ? grin

@Kaliyat

Spot on.You and Imani have a good grasp of the issue at hand.The rest are just blithering apart from the lovely Islander grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2007
Someone once said:  "the stay at home mom is over, not just because of women's liberation, but because of men's liberation from wanting to be breadwinners." Therma.

both sides are fautly, cos everyone is seeking for liberation.

I guess the moment men rise up to their responsibilities(full-time breadwinners), women'd do likewise.  grin  cheesy  grin

@topic
Let the concern guy persuade the lady to go & learn how to cook(it's not too late),

Any good relationship shouldn't be based on this,

& to the guys: Cooking is part of the women's world, it's our responsibilities & we know how to do it better.  cheesy
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Islander(f): 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2007
@I-man,
you better learn to cook, because NO ISLAND gal going become your maid. Now we can cook, but we don't intend on making a permanent fixture on our resumes. tongue tongue
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 6:22pm On Jun 12, 2007
whats all the fuss about the value of a woman who cant cook, welcome to the jet age guys were both the man and woman do the household chores and bring in money together to run the home. if ur wife cant cook, get a cook or teach her!When will u guys learn that a woman place is nolonger in the hot room
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by hotchic1(f): 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2007
OlowoTee:

Someone once said: "the stay at home mom is over, not just because of women's liberation, but because of men's liberation from wanting to be breadwinners." Therma.
both sides are fautly, because everyone is seeking for liberation.
I guess the moment men rise up to their responsibilities(full-time breadwinners), women'd do likewise. grin cheesy grin

word!,=

Nevertheless,ladies shld learn how to cook,
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by JeSoul(f): 8:16pm On Jun 12, 2007
Quote from: Seun on June 10, 2007, 05:29 PM
If my family members are jobless enough to complain about my wife, I will not invite them home. Problem solved.

Quote from: Seun on June 10, 2007, 05:14 PM
If your wife can't cook, you're not going to starve. Have you not been feeding yourself before getting married?

Quote from: Seun on June 10, 2007, 04:33 PM
Since food is your friend's primary goal in life, I will advice him to go and marry a caterer or agriculturist. Nonsense.

SEUN --- WILL YOU MARRY ME! lol, the best response to such a nonsense question - in this day and age and forum of supposedly educated people. Now the real question should be

"What is The Value of a man Who Asks Stupid Questions Like This?" 
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by debosky(m): 8:20pm On Jun 12, 2007
Seun is a narcissistic atheist whose role model is Hitler, do you still want to marry him now? grin grin grin

does education mean you shouldn't know how to cook? make una continue forming there, after all the big grammar, it will still be you and the husband, if you don't take care of him properly and another woman does, don't complain, after all you're educated!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by JeSoul(f): 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2007
Also I wanted to add the way to an old-fashioned, outdated, uneducated, unintelligent, shallow, sexist, good-for-nuthin man's heart is thru his stomach.

For the other REAL men out there it's their heart becos they recognize that if they love their women the right way - there's nuthin she wouldn't do for them - including learning to cook if that's what makes him happy! guys can you understand this simple fact?!

and yes to debosky, I still appreciate Seun becos he is one of the guys in here who has shown me he uses his brain.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by debosky(m): 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2007
if she has learned to cook (whatever the reason is), then the discussion is over isn't it

Seun cannot marry Nigerian women, he has an inferiority complex and only likes petite Asians grin grin so no luck for you.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by JeSoul(f): 8:37pm On Jun 12, 2007
if she has learned to cook (whatever the reason is), then the discussion is over isn't it 

That's not the point, you twist what I meant. Every relationship is unique and each should have a mutual respect and understanding of willing to do anything for the other based on their love. If a man loves his wife - RESPECTFULLY- and asks her if she can learn to cook for his sake, there's nuthin wrong with that, and if she asks him to learn to cook as well, that's cool too.

BUT if he reduces her role and worth to must-be-able-to-cook - then to put it simple - HE IS AN IDIOT and everything I defined in my last comment. and for any woman who marries such a man is the same.

Seun cannot marry Nigerian women, he has an inferiority complex and only likes petite Asians    so no luck for you.
   LOL, Leave Seun alone! and fyi I'm in a great relationship - I cook for him and he cooks for me - Here's to REAL MEN! they are a rare thing.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by debosky(m): 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2007
you see, this is the problem I have with some of you women, you react emotionally to almost everything (looking for big trouble here undecided )

the thread isnt saying if you simply cant cook then the game is up, but that it is very important, and in the guise of being 'educated' or 'civilised' you should not fail to recognise one of the important traits or attributes that a man/your kids would appreciate.

so he has to go and ask 'respectfully' for her to learn to cook? what did she do the rest of her life?? I-man I need back up in here please grin grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 9:05pm On Jun 12, 2007
debosky:

I-man I need back up in here please  grin grin

I dey exhausted  grin .The ladies are not really reacting to the particular issue in this thread.They are reacting emotionally to the wider issue of traditional male domination of the household. An issue in respect of which we sympathise but which is not at the heart of the matter
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2007
LOL, Leave Seun alone! and fyi I'm in a great relationship - I cook for him and he cooks for me - Here's to REAL MEN! they are a rare thing.

Why don't you stop cooking for him and see how he reacts.He is a "real man" and so won't be bothered wink
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Islander(f): 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2007
@Debo and I-man, go to bed, angry angry angry angry angry,

You have already stated your claim, she cannot cook thus she's not fit for Tiffany's. Thank God I bought my own tongue
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2007
the definition of a REAL MAN:

Real Man: The insult women use when they want to bring down a guy enough to get him to do whatever she wants. Example; a real man goes into the kitchen and brings breakfast for his wife in bed.

Real Man: non existant being. One of the myths that can be joined with, but not limited to Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and god.

Note that there is no such thing as a REAL WOMAN.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by kulaShaker(f): 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2007
how can a woman's worth be based on her ability to cook? this is quite shocking?
I'll tell you what use a woman is , cook or not.
She is a child bearer, nurturer, carer, and whether some men like it or not you can not do with out us in your lives(except you happen to be gay). Women can not be good at absolutely everything, so it is unwise to expect us to be cordon bleu chefs. you should appreciate a woman that even manages to cook for you even if she is hopeless at it. A man can have grounds to talk about a woman being worthless if she is completely bone idle and does nothing.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Islander(f): 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2007
My ears are hurting, too many "men" barking up in here. So many faults about us women, yet your very existence depends on us,  Get over yourselves.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2007
how can a woman's worth be based on her ability to cook? this is quite shocking?
I'll tell you what use a woman is , cook or not.
She is a child bearer, nurturer, carer,

Not much of a nurturer or carer if you can't cook up a meal for your kids
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by kulaShaker(f): 9:33pm On Jun 12, 2007
very much a nurturer. does not matter how it taste they are being fed. And nurture mean a whole different thing. lets not nit pick
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2007
kulaShaker:

very much a nuturer. does not matter how it taste they are being fed. And nuture mean a whole different thing

This is a new dimension to the expand the debate beyond its original context philosophy.This is not about women who can't cook well but women who can't cook at all.The woman we have spent 9 pages discussing(you must have missed it) cannot cook for her kids so there will be nothing for them to taste.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2007
I-man:

This is a new dimension to the expand the debate beyond its original context philosophy.This is not about women who can't cook well but women who can't cook at all.The woman we have spent 9 pages discussing(you must have missed it) cannot cook for her kids so there will be nothing for them to taste.

it is not even so much the woman who cant cook because she forgot to learn but the one who cant cook BECAUSE she doesnt want to cook. i.e thinks the woman who stays in the kitchen is a mere domestic servant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22)

My Husband Beats Me With Cutlass; Targeting My Eyes- Domestic Violence Victim / Toheeb Olalekan Ajibola Is Missing Since November 7th 2015 / The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.