|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,888,747 members, 6,944,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 03 July 2022 at 03:43 PM
|6 Foods That Help Your Heart Against Diseases by Sharonjay1001: 5:35am On May 26, 2020|
There are certain food you should eat if you want to improve the healthiness of your heart. These are foods that help your heart (cardiovascular health). If you are aiming to keep your heart in good shape, then you have to feed it fine and healthily.
In clear terms, if you would like to keep your heart healthy, you need to eat foods that will keep your arteries unclogged at all times and prevent any form of damage happening to them. Scientists and nutritionists have suggested that eating foods that contain lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts and beans helps your heart. Teresa Fung, adjunct professor in the Department of Nutrition at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health advise that you compliment your meals with some heart-healthy options every day. So, these 4(four) foods will help keep your heart healthy.
1. Alcohol: Surprised? Well, alcohol like red wine (contains antioxidants) helps to boost your HDL cholesterol level which helps to cleanse your body from “cholesterol”.
But, remember not to consume much alcohol because a high consumption rate is directly proportional to increased blood pressure and fats in the blood, this of course, leads to the risk of heart disease. Please follow country guidelines for alcohol intake at all times.
2. fruit and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are foods that help your heart because they are antioxidants, they protect your heart against diseases. Fruits and vegetables contain folate that decreases blood levels of amino acid homocysteine.
3. legumes and soy: When your blood level is high, soy protein can effectively lower your LDL cholesterol level
4. Mixed nuts: Nuts, rich in fiber, polyunsaturated fats are mostly consumed as snacks but are very effective when it comes to protecting the heart. Since there are various type of nuts, you have the option of choosing the most filling types and different types of nutrients. It is however advised that you Stick to unsalted mixed nuts for optimal nutrition without the sodium. Surely, this is one among favorite foods that help your heart.
foods that helps the heart
5. Extra-virgin olive oil: This oil is one of the favorite foods that help your heart because of its ability to improve your cardiovascular health. According to studies, olive oil is filled with monounsaturated fatty acids that decreases “bad” LDL cholesterol. This oil also contains antioxidants that has proven records to help prevent the damage caused by free radicals (unstable molecules) that can harm our body cells.
6. Garlic: garlic contains a compound called allicin that has a proven record to lower blood cholesterol according to recent studies.
To Help reduce your risk of heart disease please ensure the following
* If you must drink alcohol, please have no more than two glasses per day.
* Do well to stay away from processed foods, fried foods and fast foods that especially lacks vegetables.
* Opt for low fat dairy products (milk) and go for foods that only contain natural fats (avocados instead of butter)
* Up your intake of planted foods – go for vegetables, fruits and potatoes and avoid consuming refined sources of carbohydrates with higher glycaemic indices.
* Eat oily fish weekly, remove all the fats you can find from meat, and remove the skin from your chicken and turkey before consumption.
* If you drink alcohol, have no more than two drinks per day.
*Trim all visible fat from meat.
*Remove poultry skin and eat only the meat.
So guys, do you have any food you would like to our list of “foods that help your heart”? kindly add them to the comment section.
|Re: 6 Foods That Help Your Heart Against Diseases by StubbornGENIUS: 6:06am On May 26, 2020|
Leafy green vegetables like spinach,avocados,fatty fish(e.g salmon,tuna and mackerel) And walnuts.Dark chocolates and green tea(w/o sugar).
|Re: 6 Foods That Help Your Heart Against Diseases by khengxlei(m): 5:33pm On May 26, 2020|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 294