Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,432 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Please Help My English Is Very Bad - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help My English Is Very Bad (34525 Views)

My Inability To Speak Fluent English Is Costing Me Huge Opportunities. / 21 Reasons Why English Is Difficult To Learn / Please How Can I Improve In My English Speaking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Agroblessing: 1:49pm On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?
I dnt have confidence speaking good English always Craming what to say?

Please help me.

You could help yourself by studying for an English proficiency test without actually taking the test. That will improve your confidence significantly.

Try as much as possibe to write in full and use the right punctuations at the right time.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by ishitinyourmouf: 1:49pm On May 26, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

grin Just catching fun bro.
u wll catch ths fun for grave soon like that ikorodu aye
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by eleojo23: 1:57pm On May 26, 2020
rimijoshua:
You can control it spiritually.
Take spiritual measures before you go for any tutorial.
Take this prayer point,say it louder-
Satanic manipulations assigned to tamper with my intelligence,die.

What is this?

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by dasanchez1(m): 1:59pm On May 26, 2020
[quote author=eleojo23 post=89979341][/quote]

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?

Please help me.

To curb that , never be afraid of correction. Always speak English with your friends. They may laugh at you if you err but don't stop because of that. As you continue to yield to correction, you may even become better than them. Try to always read
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Upleeke(m): 2:03pm On May 26, 2020
Hello my dear brother, I understand the problem You are facing. This is Real Aspect Many Schools Neglected most of the time. In our own school, Nur I Pupils can form a Simple Sentences.

Please kindly private chat me to Give You Some Textbooks TO DEVELOP YOUR READING RUDIMENTS AND DEVELOPMENT. FEAR NOT IF YOU ARE READY, GOD'S MIRACLE WILL CHANGE YOUR STORY WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF LEARNING
CALL ME ON 08061118212.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Psoul(m): 2:06pm On May 26, 2020
Your problem is half solved. For you to recognize that your grammar is poor is the beginning of the solution to your problem.

For you to seek help is a step to solving the problem.
Many don't even know when their grammar is bad or good.

I'll advise you to go back and start studying basics of good English.
Understand:
Verbs
Proposition
Adjectives
Adverbs etc
Learn what they are. Where to and how to use them in making simple sentences.
If you're able to have a good grab of ur tenses, my dear, you're good to go.

You can also use Google to search for these help.
E.g. ask Google: what is verb and how to use it in a sentence.
*examples of verbs

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by seanjy4konji: 2:07pm On May 26, 2020
Inside this 2020. Its making money that should be priority..

English no help anybody ooo
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?

Please help me.

Make friends with people with sound vocabulary, that are mature enough not to mock you.

People speak and act like their friends, overtime.

Trust me, it's the easiest way.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by anthonny: 2:14pm On May 26, 2020
Ebenezer2O2O:
You must be a Northerner or maybe an IPOB from Anambra cos these two sets of people have severe challenges speaking good English
northerners speak good English better than your...
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by knowyaself2(m): 2:14pm On May 26, 2020
1. Read books, both novels and technical.

2. Study the rules of grammar

3. Use a dictionary to learn words and their meaning, including pronunciation.

4. Learn phrasal verbs also with a dictionary, e.g. see through, see off, standoff, stand out, etc

5. Listen to news in English and other programmes in English.

6. Then speak as frequently as possible.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by divineappo(m): 2:21pm On May 26, 2020
kikero:

1.Read any good English novel, newspaper or textbook for at least 2 hours a day. Any word you don't understand, check the dictonary (Always have a dictonary near you please!)

2.Speak English every day for at least 2 hours a day. Helps you practice the language, and when someone points out your mistakes, accept it in good grace.

3.Always be on the lookout for new words. (one foriegn journalist who worked in Afghanistan and Pakistan had a Afghan interpreter, who always carried a notebook where he wrote new english words he heard).

4.Listen to the BBC World Service on radio, or watch on television. You can learn correct pronounciation from your average BBC reporter and presenter.

(Sauce: general experience)

it is "Source", not sauce

Thanks Sir
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Heineken(m): 2:27pm On May 26, 2020
KingZaddy:
do you move with friends who speak english fluently?

friends who speak english fluently are your best bet

if you move with people who speak english well enough, your brain will accept their language and begin to master it
you're very right sir.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Hash86(m): 2:29pm On May 26, 2020
KingZaddy:
do you move with friends who speak english fluently?

friends who speak english fluently are your best bet

if you move with people who speak english well enough, your brain will accept their language and begin to master it

This is the best way ever
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:29pm On May 26, 2020
How do help? Are we going to conjure good English into your mouth?
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by divineappo(m): 2:30pm On May 26, 2020
Morray:
Well, to be perfectly honest in my humble opinion without being sentimental, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in distinct perspective and without condemning anyone's view and by trying to make it objectified and by considering each and everyone's valid opinion. I honestly believe that I vividly don't have anything to say. Thank you
there is a London use iPhone 7, 128gb, @#95k
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 26, 2020
divineappo:
it is "Source", not sauce

Thanks Sir

Thank you for the correction, though I did it deliberately and in fun (ie writing source as sauce).
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by divineappo(m): 2:33pm On May 26, 2020
kikero:

Thank you for the correction, though I did it deliberately and in fun (ie writing source as sauce).
oh Ok
I didn't know

Thanks and don't stay at home, and don't wear nose mask because of Malaria/Corona

Lol

1 Like

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by divineappo(m): 2:35pm On May 26, 2020
Checked86:
I have given up on my own. my written English is like Bugati while my spoken English is like Pickup Peugeot
are u in the North, and are u an introvert?
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by divineappo(m): 2:37pm On May 26, 2020
Spallanzani:
Listen to BBC podcast and I promise you in less than a month, your English will be brighter than the sun.
I av someone in this situation, although not worse as the OP above

is it a app that requires download? or what
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by gowonmaharajah(m): 2:38pm On May 26, 2020
where's Grammarnazi sef?
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by BobbyGenius(m): 2:38pm On May 26, 2020
Be addicted of novel and stick with were forums of English people's is very simple as A B C
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by solobrain(m): 2:39pm On May 26, 2020
I will recommend BBC Learning English App and Elsa Learn English pronunciation, these are apps you can download from Google Playstore, It will help you improve in Pronunciation of English Words you can also learn New words through them, when and how to use them when speaking, I would also advice you move along with people who speaks English fluently, withing three months you will notice improvement, don't forget to learn new words everyday from your dictionary at least 4 or 5 Daily.
Also ask your English Speaking Friends for help when you need one.
���
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?

Please help me.

You can get Brighter Grammar from the bookshop, it will help.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Gentlec198(m): 2:50pm On May 26, 2020
Just try to read good novels, newspapers,story books with simple English,have your dictionary close to you to check meanings and spelling of words.

watch good movies,you can start with African Magic as the local ones, and foreign movies.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by mhaki(m): 2:52pm On May 26, 2020
Read books, listen to the BBC. Take English language improvement classes online.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by PinkDick(m): 2:52pm On May 26, 2020
shocked
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by johnisaola(m): 3:00pm On May 26, 2020
call this number i am not the one, he is my teacher right now he is taking us online class o. whatapp am very sure u will be happy
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by johnisaola(m): 3:01pm On May 26, 2020
johnisaola:
call this number 07037775283 i am not the one, he is my teacher right now he is taking us online class on whatapp am very sure u will be happy
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by David2O(m): 3:16pm On May 26, 2020
Buy and read "Invisible Teacher" textbook
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Surfacebaba: 3:17pm On May 26, 2020
are u from English speaking country
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 26, 2020
divineappo:
there is a London use iPhone 7, 128gb, @#95k
you go gree 85k mek we deal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Policemen Rape 3 Students, Abia Poly Students Protest (Photos, Video) / 15 Pictures That Will Make Sense To Every Nigerian Graduating This Year / Vice-Principal Calls Out Student Who ‘Disrespected’ Him On Messenger (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.