Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) (77466 Views)

“So Cynthia Morgan Lied?” Nigerians React To Cynthia Morgan’s Contract With Jude / Landlord Takes Cynthia Morgan To Court Over Unpaid Rent, Tax Evasion / Cynthia Morgan Aka Madrina Is Back On Instagram With Adorable Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by IamMichael(m): 4:50pm On May 26, 2020
Em
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by oloriLFC(f): 4:51pm On May 26, 2020
Ok. Whoever read that terms of contract up there should explain undecided

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by FemiMaduka(m): 4:51pm On May 26, 2020
Typical of Nigerians; big emotion, little or no logic.

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by skyfather09(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2020
see as them dey donate money for the idiat... when she dey buy Brazilian hair, she no know say she go need the money later.... useless thing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by FuckAllTheMODs: 4:52pm On May 26, 2020
Na why I no dey pity them whenever they run online until I hear from the other side.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by clericuzzio(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2020
Sanchez01:
She lived recklessly, became arrogant and rude to fellow musicians and when the windows of fame closed in on her, she appealed to the emotions of her fans and Nigerians, lied against her own label and seized advantage of the pity party to have a Gofundme raised on her behalf to have her career restarted.

Na mumu go die put.

Gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/bringbackcynthiamorgan

Is like GoFundMe is the next place to try for free cash
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by iamhytz: 4:52pm On May 26, 2020
No be Nigeria again?
The label would have covered up the loophole to save face

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by OKTolu: 4:53pm On May 26, 2020
This Cynthia sef is not sincere with herself
That's her own problem sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Mightyhaiz: 4:53pm On May 26, 2020
Davash222:

Wait, Gofundme was raised on her behalf Are Nigerians that gullible?
lol
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Grandmeister(m): 4:54pm On May 26, 2020
Davash222:

Of course..if a Buhari can hoodwink professors and doctors then best believe that Nigerians are the most gullible of the bunch..

9 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 26, 2020
No.
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Tremple8v: 4:54pm On May 26, 2020
Next page abeg, these news don tire me .since last week we still dey untop this matter .
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by DanseMacabre(m): 4:55pm On May 26, 2020
Sanchez01:
She lived recklessly, became arrogant and rude to fellow musicians and when the windows of fame closed in on her, she appealed to the emotions of her fans and Nigerians, lied against her own label and seized advantage of the pity party to have a Gofundme raised on her behalf to have her career restarted.

Na mumu go die put.

Wait o, izzit amidst this pandemic that my fellow Nigerians are aiming to raise $150, 000 for Cynthia Morgan to restart her career

No wonder FG refused giving us palliatives...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 26, 2020
Sanchez01:
Cynthia Morgan may not have been truthful when she said she can no longer use the name 'Cynthia Morgan' because it was contained in her record label that the label owns the name and that she is prohibited from using it.

The only time it is mentionedt that her name and images would be used is when the label wants to promote her materials, such as her singles, albums, EPs, and possibly videos.

She had the exclusive rights to use her name all along, contrary to what she said in the Instagram Interview she had with Sandra.

Gibberish!

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by MartinsD12(m): 4:56pm On May 26, 2020
Sanchez01:
Cynthia Morgan may not have been truthful when she said she can no longer use the name 'Cynthia Morgan' because it was contained in her record label that the label owns the name and that she is prohibited from using it.

The only time it is mentionedt that her name and images would be used is when the label wants to promote her materials, such as her singles, albums, EPs, and possibly videos.

She had the exclusive rights to use her name all along, contrary to what she said in the Instagram Interview she had with Sandra.
I said it here that when she was reigning she was not seeking Nigerians self pity, she no eep anybody, the money was there she definitely lavished it thinking stardom is forever now everything is falling down she is lying to gain public sympathy

10 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Mutaultope(m): 4:56pm On May 26, 2020
Is this contract from Jude? Cynthia should release the contract she has with her

Then we would talk

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Realkingrex(m): 4:56pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
It's obvious jude is a user why would an upcoming artist pay 50% of her production among other things you still had the gut to say the profit should be 50%50 like seriously boy ? If you're not paying for the cost of production as a company then don't bring the 50/50 deal on the table he wanted to kill her career thanks to the creator she's back on her feet and she's currently the no.1 artist trending in Africa without releasing a single yet so jude can go back to where he belong THE STREETS.....He blocked me on Instagram cause I curse am no be small cheesy grin grin

You deserve to be blocked.... you are a clout chaser!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:56pm On May 26, 2020
- still trying to find the part where it says her Vevo account will be hijacked to repay the debt.
- contract clearly states record label will pay 50% cost of videos production, promoting and branding artist while artist will pay the other 50%, and after the deal is over, he only has rights to 50% of her royalties until he is reimbursed... BUT baba Jude said he paid for the videos himself and now uses that to block her vevo account. reality is, she only has to repay HALF the video production fee.
- the contract CLEARLY stipulates that the royalties shall reimburse the record label BUT if the royalties are insufficient to reimburse the record label at the end of the said contract, then royalties will be shares 50/50 until the record label has been reimbursed.

9 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by stagger: 4:57pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
It's obvious jude is a user why would an upcoming artist pay 50% of her production among other things you still had the gut to say the profit should be 50%50 like seriously boy ? If you're not paying for the cost of production as a company then don't bring the 50/50 deal on the table he wanted to kill her career thanks to the creator she's back on her feet and she's currently the no.1 artist trending in Africa without releasing a single yet so jude can go back to where he belong THE STREETS.....He blocked me on Instagram cause I curse am no be small cheesy grin grin

So who is supposed to pay? She should be paying 100% of her costs. Can you even afford the cost of 1 day's recording session?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Yankee101: 4:57pm On May 26, 2020
There is contract, there is contract enforcement, there is extra contractual activities

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by apexx6273: 4:57pm On May 26, 2020
[color=#] 1136601[/color]
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by martineverest(m): 4:58pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
no mind the iddiotic and irresponsible jude
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Gentlec198(m): 4:58pm On May 26, 2020
I pray she will not have the same issues with Davido, If he finally sign and seal a deal with her. This time around she needs to be cool headed to learn from her mistakes, so he will be I AM TAKEN, again,and this time will come out with I AM NEW SIGN

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by midehill(m): 4:58pm On May 26, 2020
Davash222:

U r so blunt lady cheesy
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 26, 2020
Sanchez01:

Na mumu go die put.

person when dea fund Nigerian celebrities na mumu.

celebrities that are only useful to their country on social media?

I will rather throw the money away

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by atiku4President(m): 4:59pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:
Nigerians are indeed very emotional. Now we have incontrovertible proof that Cynthia lied. In saner climes Jude can sue her for every Kobo she has (which isn't much to start with).
Nigerians or better put, an overwhelming number of Nigerians are emotional and won't ask 'how' before they conclude and start making noise. This is very disturbing and informs why an innocent citizen is easily stoned to death cos someone just shouted 'Ole Ole....' Nigeria, indeed is a risky place to live in.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Vikynas: 4:59pm On May 26, 2020
Davash222:

Audio achievements.
Madam, Farabale.. We know your type. Abokki newspaper forming early twenties. Lol
How una take dey differentiate man and woman here me confuse

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by nextstep(m): 4:59pm On May 26, 2020
In this Nigeria, contract is one thing, faithful execution is another.

Doesn't employment contract say you will be paid monthly? Yet we have situations where people are not paid for months, either by government or by private sector. Do work for government, expect your payment two years later, if you're lucky. If office changes hands, you might be out of luck unless you "bless" the new person.

Doesn't NEPA say you will get billed for power supplied? Why do people owe 30k for light after transformer blew two months ago.

Abeg, there are two sides to every story, and nobody knows what actually happened until wind blow fowl nyash.

4 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 26, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Boy i'm better than you because what I've achieve right now in my early twenties you can't come close to that in your late 50s.
You that is begging for 1000 Naira only?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by sketcherJ(m): 5:00pm On May 26, 2020
Guys the title is not even the case. I took my time to read the content of this contract. I was kinda supporting Jude before but when I saw this contract. I just know that there is no way an artist would become rich in this record label.
How much will the artist make to pay production fee 50% and still share 50% with the company? Read guys!!

11 Likes

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:
Nigerians are indeed very emotional. Now we have incontrovertible proof that Cynthia lied. In saner climes Jude can sue her for every Kobo she has (which isn't much to start with).

Gibberish!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Simi And Her Bridesmaids At Her Traditional Wedding (Photos) / Omah Lay Is Becoming Something Else With Girls On Stage (pictures And Video) / Things You Never Knew About Mike Adenuga, Nigeria’s Second Richest Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.