Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car (51298 Views)

My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). / Policemen Without Face-Masks Try To Arrest Man For Not Wearing Face Mask In FCT / Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Azmanaty: 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

You are too rude to that moniker , jeez.. Can't you have a simple discussion without insults...you are one of the reason, intelligent people don't comment that much on nairaland... You can defer opinions with insults

So you are not Intelligent to have commented?? Oya run along
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Mzsavage: 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
I don’t see the need to wear face mask inside the car when I am alone, it doesn’t make sense to me. They shouldn’t try that rubbish in Lagos ooo
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by blackboy(m): 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
You paid N550k cash?!!! For real. Is this story real.

VIO tried it with me I drove on when I couldnt kwontinue driving I told them through the glass in my private car and showed them my face mask and drove on. They left me jeje.

Report the judge or magistrate to njc or their body. Make he go home go sit down.

N550k!!! For real? In this Buhari time. Cash for that matter. You must be getting free money
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by frankbonus(m): 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Got down from my car and realised that I was before a mobile court. My offence, as read out to me,

My question is when you got down from the car did you wear the face mask?
If no then you cause it to yourself. And why will you cry for just 550 naira
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by showafrica(m): 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ladipodeal:

I don't think any VIO fine in Lagos is less than 20k.

Na armed robbers dey lagos no be vio
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by MrPaul2: 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ogeneigbo1:

Sorry for the embarrassment,Sir.
But if I may ask, where you the only person in the car .

The question should be, where you the only one without face mask in means of the VIO officer where you where call to join them and later discovered that it was a mobile court? Mind you he was charge base on court premises not the car. He left his car without the face mask on.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Irore: 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:

It happened to me this afternoon. It can happen to anyone in the future hence this thread.
Please put on your facemask at all times.
Lol

Yes. Law enforcement officers and courts compelling people to do that which is not safe and healthy. Last week, while walking past a police check point with my grown up son who was more than 20 meters away from me with his nose mask on and mine in my left hand, a rifle carrying police officer who was about 25meters from me told my son'' see your brother holding his face mask in his hand''. I just smiled and walked by and for national peace done the mask because I never wanted to give the devil a chance. Nonsensical ignorance on the part of a lot of people in uniform. My advise is that government should not be in a hurry to involve the police in the implementation of it's policies.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Ogeneigbo1: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:

Thanks.

Yes Sir, I was the only one in the vehicle at the time.

Those are one of the bad eggs in the Nigeria system.
I remember for over three weeks now, I have not used my face Mask when am driving alone in the car.
Last week,I was flagged down around zuba and the officer asked for my face Mask,I pointed at it by my arm rest with my face looking very strong..
They just waves and ask me to move.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by uboma(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
blackboy:
You paid N550k cash?!!! For real. Is this story real.

VIO tried it with me I drove on when I couldnt kwontinue driving I told them through the glass in my private car and showed them my face mask and drove on. They left me jeje.

Report the judge or magistrate to njc or their body. Make he go home go sit down.

N550k!!! For real? In this Buhari time. Cash for that matter. You must be getting free money

I paid five hundred and fifty naira only, Sir.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
I have a question.
Has the national assembly passed a law to criminalized citizens not wearing facemask?

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by BornToSucced(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
Same thing happened to me in Lagos, I told the officer I was asthmatic. They even said sorry to me.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by wfjimmytobby(m): 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
una be mumu why you no use face mask you have mad oo
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Sweeetheart(m): 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
Op even me feel like arresting you, for you to cough out 550k that means say u na big boss

I swear I go rather die there, me give out 5500 to one nuisance? it will never happen I swear to God. dem no say you're weak in your responses hence their capitalization

550k? that money will get golf 3 in Cotonou
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by code6802: 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
[color=#] 2883844[/color]
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Sweeetheart(m): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:

I paid five hundred and fifty naira only, Sir.

make I be your P.A bros. 550k? in this scarcity of cash

it beat my imagination
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by paulibling(m): 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
Simply look for a good lawyer and challenge that thiefry and ask for huge damages.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by mechanics(m): 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
Not yet, I do wear mine every time.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by olattech: 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
Olattech: How To Browse The Internet For Free Using This.... https://olattech..com/2020/06/how-to-browse-internet-for-free-using.html
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Ogeneigbo1: 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
MrPaul2:

The question should be, where you the only one without face mask in means of the VIO officer where you where call to join them and later discovered that it was a mobile court? Mind you he was charge base on court premises not the car. He left his car without the face mask on.

This is another angle to his story which he has not confirmed.
If he was charged because he did not wear face mask in his car when he is the only occupant, I think the VIO got it wrong.

But if he was charged because he stepped out from his car without face Mask, the VIO got it right.
However,it was just a trap and he unknowingly fell for it.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by uboma(m): 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
Sweeetheart:
Op even me feel like arresting you, for you to cough out 550k that means say u na big boss

I swear I go rather die there, me give out 5500 to one nuisance? it will never happen I swear to God. dem no say you're weak in your responses hence their capitalization

550k? that money will get golf 3 in Cotonou

I paid five hundred and fifty naira only, Sir /Ma'am.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by babyfaceafrica: 4:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
Azmanaty:

So you are not Intelligent to have commented?? Oya run along

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Sweeetheart(m): 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:

I paid five hundred and fifty naira only, Sir /Ma'am.

this got me. make I be your staff now grin
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by zedprof(m): 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
@OP firstly, when they stopped to check your papers, you should have used the preventive cover then to prevent yourself cos you did not know if the officer is positive.
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by Pzpropertylimit(m): 4:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
Same Abuja , I was flagged down last three weeks by one VIO called Chris at a round about junction before area 1 bridge . He said my offense was that I carried three of my friends at the back seats that usually carry 4 in Nigeria irrespective of my their face mask after car papers and driving lince inspection .

Friends , they took me to their office ,delayed my time from 8 am till 4 pm and collected 5000 from me unreceipted . Vio and road safety are worse than police !
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by ericmor: 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
chillex8:

It was a trap.
You should have worn it before lowering your windows.

Driving privately without face mask isn’t an offense.
By lowering your windows to communicate, you are already in the public space.

Good one but if those people were really after the money they will still tell you that you were not putting on your face mask which is the reason why they stopped you but is still not right for them to extort you in such case
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by maasoap(m): 4:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Lari03r:
This is serious.

I blame the overzealous law enforcers because they act without knowledge. In fact, you would wonder if some of them are educated.

It's the trend these days, enforcement without common sense. That was how they stopped vehicles carrying day-old chicks in lockdown traffic and all the birds died in Ibadan a few weeks ago.

When law enforcement officers cannot understand the relationship between day old chicks and agricultural production-which needs to continue irrespective of the lockdown, then what is the purpose of having such persons in a job?

They are not overzealous in the real sense of it, they are out there to extort people.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by mizz2posh: 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
frankbonus:
Got down from my car and realised that I was before a mobile court. My offence, as read out to me,

My question is when you got down from the car did you wear the face mask?
If no then you cause it to yourself. And why will you cry for just 550 naira

I wonder
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by mizz2posh: 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
[q
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by uboma(m): 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
Sweeetheart:

this got me. make I be your staff now grin

You na big Boss already.

I no go fit afford to pay your bills.

grin
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by do4luv14(m): 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
The thing still dey surprise me, even up till now,

whenever i saw a car, glass windup, and its driver wearing facemask, I laught in Amusement,

how Oga coro wan take enter the car nah

freeze001:
Why would one be expected to wear a mask when alone in his/her vehicle? Is it to protect the vehicle from coro?
Re: My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car by mordred44: 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
Asquare84:

Just remember you are now an ex- convict and can not context for election in Nigeria again
INEC OFFICER

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

64 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1337, 255 Discharged, 40 Deaths / Four Side Effects Of Sleeping With Lights On / Can Mixing Malt And Milk Give Blood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.