Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,028 members, 7,849,151 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:18 PM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (70283 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 5:26pm On May 31, 2020
litigator:
When I left home, studying with Jehovah witnesses helped my life tremendously. I am eternally grateful to sister Rose and her team who helped me study the Bible and also helped me with books.

I started a business which paid for my university degree because they opened my eyes to think and critically examine things in accordance with biblical injunctions.

Their teachings helped me through school and I never blocked any course or failed any major course except French and political science which I failed cos I refused to block. They were electives anyway, so there was no need to rewrite them as they were immaterial.

Soon, we were able to help each other gain a better understanding of the Bible as we prayed and shared lunch together. They often came every Sunday and my wife(girlfriend as she then was), will prepare rice and stew. We ate together, we were happy and prayed for a better tomorrow.

I wish I could have that opportunity all again to have sister Rose or any member of her team come to share the Bible with me. I miss them, but may God bless them wherever they are right now.

I take solace in the fact that I am able to access their awake and watchtowers, including other materials online or pick from their stand when ever I can.

I once visited Igeduma-Ehor, Edo State on a tour and enjoyed my visit.

As an Omnist, I learnt how to respect other people's beliefs. Take what you can and leave the rest, but never castigate them for their way of life.

I will forever be grateful to Jehovah witnesses for how God used them in making my life what it is today.

I don't have a monopoly of knowledge, I learn every day. But I am ever grateful to them and the Living Faith Family for how God used them in blessing my life.

Jehovah witnesses are good at what they do and if everyone could be as dedicated to duty as they are, the World will be a better place.

To every dedicated Jehovah witnesses out there, I say may God reward you richly for sharing the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, regardless of the challenges that abound.

I am eternally grateful for your books, it thought me how to study and apply logical cum analytical reasoning, which has helped my legal practice as a litigator.

May Gehenna and her flames be far from your abode. Amen.
I can help you locate the sister if only you give me a chance, please. Thanks for your experience.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 5:26pm On May 31, 2020
Possiblegee:
They don’t believe in miracles,they also don’t vote in elections too.

Bros, miracles and well choreographed theatrics no be the same thing....
Pastorpreneurs and Churchpreneurs dey use the best alcohol based sanitizer and facemasks.
Shine your eyes
grin grin
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 5:26pm On May 31, 2020
explosiveskull:

You can see am a happy jolly fellow, my jehovah witness girlfriend is always making me happy.
Am just worried about your mental health period.
I just took my bath now, she called me to eat ukwa.
Cry Cry Baby, Come and see your mummy cheesy

Who cares about how you choose to live your life or who your girl friend is? Stop disgracing yourself in public, Uncle skull wey don explode
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 5:27pm On May 31, 2020
1x2x3:

I'm not Arguing with you rather I'm teaching you if you are open to learning.

Neither Ancient Hebrew, nor Ancient Greek had uppercase/lowercase letters. (In the Bible, this distinction were added by later translators, according to their own understanding and beliefs).

Again at Isaiah 9:6, I pointed these names for you as originally contained in the bible before translation.

Jesus Christ is prophetically called ʼEl Gib·bohrʹ, “Mighty God” which was used in that particular verse (not ʼEl Shad·daiʹ [God Almighty].

I'm open to learning o.

Just teach me Jeremiah, is that too much to ask

New International Version
Jer 3:18 You show love to thousands but bring the punishment for the parents' sins into the laps of their children after them. Great and mighty God, whose name is the LORD Almighty,

because Jehovah is called Mighty God (ʼEl Gib·bohrʹ,).

Infact it says here that the (ʼEl Gib·bohrʹ,) name is actually ʼEl Shad·daiʹ.

Read it, the verse is there, it's scripture. I am not arguing with u, I want to learn so reconcile it for me, abi student no get right to ask teacher question again
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by explosiveskull(m): 5:28pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Cry Cry Baby, Come and see your mummy cheesy

Who cares about how you choose to live your life or who your girl friend is? Stop disgracing yourself in public, Uncle skull wey don explode
Hahahaha! How can someone going to eat ukwa be crying? Not possible. Am happy and I advise you to do same.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 5:29pm On May 31, 2020
Maximus69:

Gradually coming!

I just echoed Jesus' word but rephrased it.

by your fruit everyone will know what you stand for Matthew 7:20

Jesus never meant to insult anyone neither does my statement means you're evil, so calm down this is another thread.

Let everyone see the mild temper and deep respect you've got Sir! 1Peter 3:15 smiley

Y dnt u join 1×2×3 to teach me why Jehovah is called Mighty God ?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 5:30pm On May 31, 2020
chiddyok:

This one tore my family apart. Your men are mostly gold diggers who want to marry out of their class, y’all don’t mind leeching on others as long as you don’t have to dirty your hands. Let me not even start on the misogyny and how much control is taken. The sanctity of family is torn apart because of religion which should never be. Una? Umhhmm. It’s someone that doesn’t know that thinks it’s harmless.
You speak as though perfect. Sorry to tell you, your family tore your family apart. The Witnesses' beliefs were always there.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by tomju(m): 5:30pm On May 31, 2020
OP, this is the best thing I've read this year so far. Welldone. The truth is so on its own. When you see it, you can tell. Nice piece. Very Edifying.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paix(m): 5:30pm On May 31, 2020
Dreyton36:

Minister for minding business hope u don collect salary undecided oversabi
Who wan collect salary? I want to be a millionaire.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 5:32pm On May 31, 2020
WINDSOW:
You dont need know the Faith I belong. Tell your religious head that I said y'all hypocrites! Go tell him, I sent u. Perfect n hypocritical gathering of saints.

Wetin dey give you sifia pains like this?
You no follow your Papa drink tea with him deity this morning?
grin grin
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 5:34pm On May 31, 2020
explosiveskull:

Hahahaha! How can someone going to eat ukwa be crying? Not possible. Am happy and I advise you to do same.
Instead ranting online like a baby, go eat your food and sleep.
Adult Kid on Nairaland.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

You don't even have a 100% guarantee to that. My room mate back then, a doctor, espoused his belief in blood transfusion. But one morning he returned from the theatre forlorn. What happened? They transfused a woman with blood and yet the woman died.

You see, whether or not blood really saves life, it is immaterial. We would not take it solely because it violates God's commandment on blood.

I want you to get something a little clear about the JW. Our being JW is not so much about our desire for salvation. Our salvation is secondary to the major universal issue facing mankind. And yes, we believe in our God that if we maintain our loyalty to him he will reward us with even a better life - what the Bible calls the "real life". Do you want to know about the real life?

My brother, you're going too far!

Just ask him a simple question!

In whose blood can we be put unwavering FAITH regarding salvation?

Jesus' blood or that of your fellow man?

Well Jehovah's Witnesses strongly believe that only Jesus' blood can save! Matthew 10:39

Satan is just lying, whether they accept blood transfusion or not they're life is not guaranteed, but even if we die for waiting on Jesus' ransom sacrifice, we will live again!

That's the greatest assurance ever! John 11:25-26 smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1Sharon(f): 5:36pm On May 31, 2020
joyandfaith:

where are u practicing that they do not use consent form for blood ? sambisa forest. ok. continue. you think blood is safe. even paracetamol is safe takes of blood. if you safe blood is safe. it is ok, continue. egungun will soon enter express.

who told jehovah witnesses do not receive medical care? are a aware of alternatives to blood?

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.nyu.edu/classes/keefer/EvergreenEnergy/geferss.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjH-bqOsN7pAhUGkRQKHZEZCJwQFjAPegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw0wP-I0x1Pr6vkgS42CwSIn

Where did I say JW witness don't receive medical care? Go back and read my comment again.

I said you are hypocrites for doing so.

Is surgery 100% safe? Why are JW okay with it?

I stopped reading that article when it said sickle cell is a type of thalassemia...nonsense !!
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Farki: 5:37pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:

Is death the end of it all? That's your fear. We Witnesses have a broader view about it.

So I can kill you in the most violent and humiliating way possible and you won't mind?

If that's the case every Jehovah Witness should just kill themselves already, it's not like everyone will reach heaven anyway.

I don't know what kind of belief will cause someone to let their daughter die of something so preventable.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by BlackfireX: 5:37pm On May 31, 2020
Sodiquinone:
Oh, Christ worshipers! We want an answer to our question from your wise. If the Lord was murdered by some people’s act…what sort of god is this? We wonder! Was He pleased by what they did to Him? If yes, blessed be they..they achieved the pleasure of His But if He was discontented….this means their power subjugated His!! Was the whole entity left without a Sustainer… so who answered the prayers? Were the heavens vacated…when He laid under the ground somewheres? Were all the worlds left without a God…to manage while His hands were nailed? Why did not the angles help Him when they heard him while he wailed? How could the rods stand to bear the True Lord when He was fastened How could the iron reach Him and His body pinioned? How could His enemies’ hands reach Him and slap His rear And was Christ revived by himself…or the Reviver was another god? What a sight it is!A grave that enclosed a god! What’s more weird is the belly that had Him in it! He stayed there for nine months in utter darkness…fed by blood! Then he got out of the womb as a small baby, weak and gaping to be breastfed! He ate and drank, and did what that naturally resulted in Is this a god??!! High Exalted be Allah above the lies of Christians All of them will be held accountable for their libels Oh cross worshipers…for what reason is it exalted and blamed who rejects it? Is it not the logic to break and burn it along with the one who innovated it? Since the Lord was crucified on it…and his hands were fastened to it? That is really a cursed cross to carry…so discard it Don’t kiss it! The Lord was abused on it…and you adore it? So you are one of His enemies!! If you extol it because it carried the Lord of the worlds why don’t you prostrate yourself and worship graves, since the grave contained your god in it? So, Christ worshiper, open your eyes, this is what the matter is all about.

Answer this questions..

1. Is it normal for a fifty something years( Muhammad) old man to marry a 9 years (aisha)old girl?

2. How did Muhammad married Ali 's wife ?

3.why is it that zam zam water and Muhammad imaginary Angel could not save him from the poison that the Jewish woman gave him?

4 why do your Allah hate black dog, in fact your prayers won't be answered if you have black dog? Who created the black dog?

5. What do you have to say about on the last day before you can make Islamic heaven you must throw Christians or Jews from the bridge?

6. Is Muhammad not a gigolo ? A gold digger?He a 20+ years , marrying a nearly 50 years old woman khadijat , a very rich woman , whom he was the sales boy?

7. Is it justifiable for Muhammad to sit and watch his touts behead 700- 800 Jews who didn't even attack him?

Should I go on?

7. Why
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by explosiveskull(m): 5:37pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Instead ranting online like a baby, go eat your food and sleep.
Adult Kid on Nairaland.
The only Jehovah witness that insults people online, though I've seen those that fight offline. Keep it up. Old Kid.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 31, 2020
freshboi88:

Y dnt u join 1×2×3 to teach me why Jehovah is called Mighty God ?

Just tender your apology and we'll continue chatting friendly again

It's not too hard nah even Jesus encouraged his followers to apologise before whoever they've offended, it's left for me if after apologizing and i refused to accept! Matthew 18:21-22

Just apologize once and we're back to our friendly discussion again! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 5:40pm On May 31, 2020
1Sharon:

If it would save my life why wouldn't I ?

Which life are you trying to save? This life filled with troubles and pain? Read Job 14:1. Only the blood of Jesus guarantees the real life - endless life without sickness or death or pain. And that is what matters to us.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by zudozz: 5:42pm On May 31, 2020
wt abt their girl not available for other guys..I like one that yr and that was d only reason we did nt end up together.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 5:42pm On May 31, 2020
explosiveskull:

The only Jehovah witness that insults people online, though I've seen those that fight offline. Keep it up. Old Kid.
SMH
You are obviously a pikin, kindly leave my mention and finish the food that you are eating and go to sleep. It helps a lot.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 5:42pm On May 31, 2020
ceejay80s:
Na lie, they are wicked people and bad people, I will never have anything to do with them
I totally respect your opinion. Meanwhile, can you mention any 'irrelevant' ten positive good things you know about them, even if you know they are bad?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 5:43pm On May 31, 2020
Maximus69:

My brother, you're going too far!

Just ask him a simple question!

In whose blood can we be put unwavering FAITH regarding salvation?

Jesus' blood or that of your fellow man?

Well Jehovah's Witnesses strongly believe that only Jesus' blood can save! Matthew 10:39

Satan is just lying, whether they accept blood transfusion or not they're life is not guaranteed, but even if we die for waiting on Jesus' ransom sacrifice, we will live again!

That's the greatest assurance ever! John 11:25-26 smiley

If you have ever taken drug in your life before then Ur hypocrisy stinks to the heavens

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by achorladey: 5:43pm On May 31, 2020
JWs: We don't accept blood transfusion

but

JWs: We accept blood fraction transfusion

In one way or the other the common denominator for the two bolded above is ...........

Your answer is good as mine. In the long/short run something is transfused.

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 31, 2020
zudozz:
wt abt their girl not available for other guys..I like one that yr and that was d only reason we did nt end up together.

1Corinthians 7:39 smiley

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 31, 2020
freshboi88:

If you have ever taken drug in your life before then Ur hypocrisy stinks to the heavens

OK thanks Sir.

God bless you! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 5:45pm On May 31, 2020
Farki:

So I can kill you in the most violent and humiliating way possible and you won't mind?

If that's the case every Jehovah Witness should just kill themselves already, it's not like everyone will reach heaven anyway.

I don't know what kind of belief will cause someone to let their daughter die of something so preventable.

Well, we are not ready to violate God's law to try to save this chequered life.

What guarantee, for instance, do you have that the blood transfusion will save his life? cheesy Or are you even saying that blood transfusion guarantees that the person will not die?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 5:45pm On May 31, 2020
Farki:

I know, it's called F.O.O.L.I.S.H.N.E.S.S

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 5:45pm On May 31, 2020
optimus106:

Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate anything.
Truth: If you mean holidays like birthdays, Christmas etc., of course yes. Think: what is the relevance of Santa Claus in the bible? Do they or not have pagan origins? In fact, Witnesses commemorate the Death of Jesus as Jesus asked his disciples to do.

They don't celebrate birthday
(say na pagan thing)

If you wish them 'merry xmas'
they won't respond, they will
snub you.

Stop lying there!!!
We don't believe in Christmas nor celebrate it.. After all, it is not Biblical. It may surprise you to note Jesus was not born on December 25. Think about this: what's the role of Santa Claus with Jesus?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1Sharon(f): 5:46pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

You don't even have a 100% guarantee to that. My room mate back then, a doctor, espoused his belief in blood transfusion. But one morning he returned from the theatre forlorn. What happened? They transfused a woman with blood and yet the woman died.

You see, whether or not blood really saves life, it is immaterial. We would not take it solely because it violates God's commandment on blood.

I want you to get something a little clear about the JW. Our being JW is not so much about our desire for salvation. Our salvation is secondary to the major universal issue facing mankind. And yes, we believe in our God that if we maintain our loyalty to him he will reward us with even a better life - what the Bible calls the "real life". Do you want to know about the real life?

Surgeries aren't 100% either, so why are JW okay with surgery?

Ppl die during surgery ya know?

What are ppl with severe anemias supposed to do?

If there was no threat of death, hell or armageddon, nobody will be a believer so just tell your lies to someone else.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Almunjid(m): 5:46pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:

You will be wise someday.
JWs are not these things you named. Bye.

I'll be wise someday, and you'll remain a fool everyday.
What u perceived as wisdom is a mirage. U shall come to know when u get to the end of the tunnel.

Peace!
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 5:47pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

Well, we are not ready to violate God's law to try to save this chequered life.

What guarantee, for instance, do you have that the blood transfusion will save his life? cheesy Or are you even saying that blood transfusion guarantees that the person will not die?

U violate God's law left right and center, but when it comes to save life, u misinterprete the law so you wouldn't have to save life.....
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1Sharon(f): 5:47pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

Which life are you trying to save? This life filled with troubles and pain? Read Job 14:1. Only the blood of Jesus guarantees the real life - endless life without sickness or death or pain. And that is what matters to us.

Yh, keep your delusion away from me

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (44) (Reply)

Olumba Olumba Obu Hands Over To Son, To Be Coronated As ‘King Of Kings‘ / Temiloluwa Adeboye Celebrates Her Birthday (Photo) / SCOAN: Evelyn Joshua Emerges As Successor Of TB Joshua - African News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.