Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (69846 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 23, 2020
kinethic:

Arguing with you is like hitting head on the wall.
All the best.

Really you don't need to argue, just continue worshiping your God in peace! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2020
kinethic:

Arguing with you is like hitting head on the wall.
All the best.

*Revelations 3:12
" He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God."

Revelations 3:5,12, go argue with Jesus Christ grin
Janosky won't argue against the truth.

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by kinethic: 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
Janosky:

*Revelations 3:12
" He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God."

Revelations 3:5,12, go argue with Jesus Christ grin
Janosky won't argue against the truth.

The problem with many people is that they use a part of scriptures that already confirmed their preconceived beliefs and ideas. Read the whole bible ,allow scriptures to interpret scriptures. Ask the Holyspirit to help you to understand..which I know Jehovah witness don't even believe in Holyspirit.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by DappaD: 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2020
kinethic:

The problem with many people is that they use a part of scriptures that already confirmed their preconceived beliefs and ideas. Read the whole bible ,allow scriptures to interpret scriptures. Ask the Holyspirit to help you to understand..which I know [s]Jehovah witness don't even believe in Holyspirit. [/s]
Utter intelligible words whenever you type/speak.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2020
kinethic:

The problem with many people is that they use a part of scriptures that already confirmed their preconceived beliefs and ideas. Read the whole bible ,allow scriptures to interpret scriptures. Ask the Holyspirit to help you to understand..which I know Jehovah witness don't even believe in Holyspirit.

That's the first thing my cousin told me the very first day he had that i've started attending meetings with JWs.

But let me assure you now that it's a big lie JWs believe in the power of God's holy spirit. It's the interpretation of what holy spirit means that differs from what people outsiders there gives it.

For instance, for you to know if a group believes (trust) the holy spirit Apostle Paul listed nine qualities of the spirit that we need to watch out for in such a group.

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL Galatians 5:22-23

So after you've observed all these things in a group Apostle Paul said against such (a group) THERE IS NO LAW! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2020
kinethic:

Sincerely speaking, that is the problem with kinethic. You dey give advice wey you no dey follow....
Bros , you DEY DECEIVE YOURSELF grin

Do you know Jehovah God more than Jesus Christ His Son?

Bros, is your physical realm stronger than the spiritual realm?

If holy spirit dey lead you, why you no know that in the spiritual realm @ Revelations 3:5,12, Jesus himself DISPROVED your FALSE claims ?

John 14:28 , John 20:17, What is Jesus Christ teaching you ?

You get holy spirit yet you imperfect man dey public forum fighting tooth and nail to prove the Perfect Jesus wrong !

Abeg throway your Trinitarian GIBBERISH put for Sewage Tank
grin grin grin
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by kinethic: 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
Janosky:

Sincerely speaking, that is the problem with kinethic. You dey give advice wey you no dey follow....
Bros , you DEY DECEIVE YOURSELF grin

Do you know Jehovah God more than Jesus Christ His Son?

Bros, is your physical realm stronger than the spiritual realm?

If holy spirit dey lead you, why you no know that in the spiritual realm @ Revelations 3:5,12, Jesus himself DISPROVED your FALSE claims ?

John 14:28 , John 20:17, What is Jesus Christ teaching you ?

You get holy spirit yet you imperfect man dey public forum fighting tooth and nail to prove the Perfect Jesus wrong !

Abeg throway your Trinitarian GIBBERISH put for Sewage Tank
grin grin grin

My brother I dey admonish and witness ..no be fighting. Also I don't believe in Trinitarian .
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
kinethic:

My brother I dey admonish and witness ..no be fighting. Also I don't believe in Trinitarian .

So what exactly do you know about the holy spirit? undecided
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by kinethic: 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
Maximus69:

So what exactly do you know about the holy spirit? undecided

The Holyspirit is what makes you a Christian. If you don't have the spirit of God in you ,you don't belong to God.

In addition to assure you that Jesus christ is God in the flesh read 1 Timothy 3:16.
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
1 Timothy 3:16 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/1ti.3.16.KJV

I am not angry but witnessing the truth .
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2020
kinethic:

The Holyspirit is what makes you a Christian. If you don't have the spirit of God in you ,you don't belong to God.

In addition to assure you that Jesus christ is God in the flesh read 1 Timothy 3:16.
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

OK Sir! cheesy
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
kinethic:

You get SENSE sotayyy the same God is Father and Son to himself & having a conversation with himself @ Matthew 3:16-17 grin grin
Apostle Paul says kinethic is a LIAR grin

If God's holy spirit is leading you, you would understand that in 1 Corinthians 3:23, Paul himself the writer of 1 Timothy 3:16, have REJECTED that KJV FRAUD of verse 16 grin grin

Why do you use KJV FRAUD version of 1 Timothy 3:16 to defend the Trinity FRAUD ?

In that same Biblehub site ,of 1 Timothy 3:16, please scroll down and read this info right there....

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
kinethic:

LIAR DECEIVING himself grin grin

Nobody is fighting with you but the Bible truth keeps exposing you

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by kinethic: 6:15am On Jun 26, 2020
Janosky:

LIAR DECEIVING himself grin grin

Nobody is fighting with you but the Bible truth keeps exposing you

My brother I am not a liar and I know I am speaking the truth that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. There's no other blood that can cleanse us except a perfect and sinless blood. Animals and humans can't, so God have to come by himself taking the human form of Christ Jesus. Christ knows that he's God,something he would just grab but he humbled himself to die in order for the scriptures to be fulfilled.

Just let it be arguing won't help out because we are all bent on proving ourselves wrong and right at the same time not trying to reason according to the words of God.

Let God judge every thing.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 26, 2020
kinethic:

My brother I am not a liar and I know I am speaking the truth that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. There's no other blood that can cleanse us except a perfect and sinless blood. Animals and humans can't, so God have to come by himself taking the human form of Christ Jesus. Christ knows that he's God,something he would just grab but he humbled himself to die in order for the scriptures to be fulfilled.

Just let it be arguing won't help out because we are all bent on proving ourselves wrong and right at the same time not trying to reason according to the words of God.

Let God judge every thing.

Jesus served as God and Prophet just as Moses Sir! Exodus 7:1

God never left his heavenly throne for once that's why his word said no man have seen him at any given time! John 1:14, 6:46; Exodus 33:20; 1John 4:12

Sure none of Adam's descendants can redeem his brother {Psalms 49:7-9} under the condition Adam has subjected all of us! Romans 5:12

It was the angel standing for God's people {Daniel 12:1} who came down to offer the needed sacrifice to redeem mankind not God himself!

Who will receive the sacrifice if it was God himself that came down?
And who are we appeasing with the sacrifice? 1Corinthians 15:27-28 smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2020
freecocoa:
Jehovah witnesses, are among the dumbest sets of religious people out there.

I really wonder how grown adults follow stupid rules, made my men. The thing dey shock me, any adult who doesn't know by now, that religion as a whole, is a sham, will never have sense again.

That's how one JW neighbor of mine, almost fought me, because I said we must donate blood to her, if she needed it, mumu said we should let her die instead.

I thought you’re a Christian going by some of your threads. Smirk

Soon,most people will see religion for the fraud that it is.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by DappaD: 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
freecocoa:
Jehovah witnesses, are among the dumbest sets of religious people out there.

I really wonder how grown adults follow stupid rules, made my men. The thing dey shock me, any adult who doesn't know by now, that religion as a whole, is a sham, will never have sense again.

That's how one JW neighbor of mine, almost fought me, because I said we must donate blood to her, if she needed it, mumu said we should let her die instead.
@the bolded seems to be your problem?
Jehovah's Witnesses are not following any man made doctrine, all we practice stems from the Bible! Including abstinence from blood transfusion!
(Genesis 9:4, Leviticus 17:10-11, Deuteronomy 12:23, Acts 15:28-29)
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
DappaD:

@the bolded seems to be your problem?
Jehovah's Witnesses are not following any man made doctrine, all we practice stems from the Bible! Including abstinence from blood transfusion!
(Genesis 9:4, Leviticus 17:10-11, Deuteronomy 12:23, Acts 15:28-29)

They're so scared of death even when they know for certain that they'll die sooner or later! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Ferdyn: 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
Janosky:

Matthew 27:46,50 why you dey LIE like this?
Hebrews 10:10,If "your God" did not die , what did he sacrifice for your redemption?

Why do you claim that in Genesis 3:19 Jehovah is lying to Adam ?

Please spare me Bible quotes, use reason.

Can A Spirit die, or before Jesus Christ came to the world, does it mean there was never God or does His death after then translate to the death of God. Death is a feature of the physical, there is no relationship between matter and Spirit. Matter is within the confinement of space and time, but the spirit can transcend any dimension, it can ever cause it self to dwell in space n time, but it is never bounded to it. Just as same Google appear on your phone n still on someone else phone faraway, n can go back in time to get you information and still show to you events of the future, hmm, bliv me, when it comes to spirits...so much more than this can be experienced, or explain the presence of the Trinity at the baptism of Christ and ask your self the same question you ask me. So don't force trying to understand the ways of God like some experiment in a lab. He is so big of a mighty specimen to fill into the minute little testtube of your brain.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Lovelies1: 4:31am On Aug 06, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

You haven't sent the PDF to me... simplyjuba@gmail.com. I'll be expecting it. Thanks.

I have send it
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Lovelies1: 4:42am On Aug 06, 2020
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Lovelies1: 4:43am On Aug 06, 2020

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by ChristianFreedo(m): 10:57am On Jul 08, 2021
popovich:
Abeg i need your number!

Let me take you on again on point 5

This is fact - the bible forbids the eating of blood not blood transfusion. It warns against the eating of blood in the ritual where animals serves as food.

The Genesis account (Ge 9:1-7) of Noah law warned against the eating of the animals with its blood. The blood is poured out in acknowledgement that the life thus sacrificed (for food) was taken by divine permission, not by natural right. This shows respect for animal life during the ritual of slaughter. In its strict Hebrew wording, it means that an "animal should not have flesh torn off it for food, whilst the animal is still alive." It means that out of respect for the life of an animal, it was to be bled when being killed for food; a command against eating things strangled.

The passages in the old testament prohibited against the eating of flesh with its blood - a situation where a man kills the victim and then uses the blood without returning (pour out) it to God, who alone has the right to take life. (Compare Le 7:26, 17:11; 17:13)

Blood transfusions, is not the result of the killing of either animals or humans, the blood comes from a living donor who continues to live. Rather than representing death (as those referred in the bible), such blood is employed for the very opposite purpose, namely, preservation of life.

Now, Blood is a symbol of life, just a symbol. The real thing is life. Is then morally acceptable you hold on to a symbol and allow the real thing which is life to waste away? Does does it show respect for life that allow life to waste away when they are ways in which the said life can be saved?

Let me illustrate, the wedding ring is a symbol of a marriage between two people. When face with a life or dead situation, is it moral for a husband to hold on to a wedding ring, a symbol of his marriage to his wife and allow his wife to die?

Now, aside the fact that God has not commanded that blood should not be used to save life (as in the case of blood transfusion) but warned against the eating of blood, let just say he had warned against blood transfusion.

What do you learn form Jesus personality throughout the bible? Did he not consistently demonstrated that need override laws, that mercy overrides sacrifice? Did he not reflect God mind when he said “if YOU had understood what this means, 'I want mercy, and not sacrifice,' YOU would not have condemned the guiltless ones.” (Mt 12:7) Why should we sacrifice our lives when God has not requested for it?

In another occasion, condemning the Pharisee’s scrupulous strictness to the letters of the law, He said: “you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was necessary to do, yet not to disregard the other things- (Mt 23:23)”.

Have you heard of the Jewish principles of Pikuach Nefesh? Do you seen on how many occasions Jesus display that principles? Have you ever heard your religious leaders mention that expression before among witnesses even though it is known and applied throughout the world?

Let me ask you, does Jehovah forbid cannibalism? The eating of human flesh? Does forbid organ transplants to save life? Does Jehovah's Witnesses allow organ transplant to save life?

On what grounds should blood transfusion be forbidden but organ transplant is allowed? Do you know that blood transfusion is the transplants of fluid tissues?

Do you know that in isolated occasions, when humans needed to eat unbled meat in order to sustain their own life, the Mosaic Law permitted such, but then required the eaters to fulfill the requirements of being “unclean” for a few hours. (Lev 17:13-16)

ChristianFreedo
rottennaija
You can put up your response here. I'll love to see it and respond also.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Jacksparrow7(m): 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
Good afternoon to everyone on this thread both male and female.

Please I am on an errand going to buy bread from the market. But I don't know what to say when I get there. Please can somebody put the words in my mouth on what to say... Please I don't want to make an enemy with any trader as some at any mistake could disgrace someone

Can anyone hear me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

Blood Flows From A Woman's Eyes, Feet, Head In Church In Enugu / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) / I Saw Jesus Christ Twice In My Bedroom - Rev. Uma Ukpai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.