Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (69769 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by WINDSOW(m): 8:12pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:

So what church do you attend?
What does that got to do with the subject. You want to pick holes right. Shift!
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by demarc001: 8:13pm On May 31, 2020
Lovelies1:
Christian speak in tongue to God and it meant for God and speaking in tongues his through the power of the holy Spirit and not by the speaker himself and let it stick to your � ear that never is it used to talk to man but only a man by Power of the Holy Spirit communicate the supplication of his heart to the ear of God alone who hears and answer

Ask yourself what actually is the meaning of "speak in tongues"

1 corrithians 12:10
Jesus spoke in tongue at the cross of Calvary and people are saying blasphemy speaking in tongues doesn't actually means speaking out of this world but using a language the mind of the speaker or anyone one close to him know at that moment 1 corrithians 12:10 made you feel to understand for one speaketh without understanding the meaning of the language he spoke with another through the spirit interpret and might later find out the language the speaker spoke in

A Yoruba man whom leave in a Yoruba community among Yoruba people might start mixing language uncommon to him and his community during prayer, probably Dutch, french, Arabic at the same time during an intercessory prayer

This also reminds guy of the purpose of mankind to him, everybody is one to God

I think I will create another thread for this

Pleaae, Where in the Bible dI'd Jesus speak in tongue?

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by tete7000(m): 8:14pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

No, you should have continued arguing further, I have read your previous posts including this one. Filled with confusion and lack of understanding. I can easily identify you as the usual church goer who thinks he knows the scriptures because he quoted some. You don't even know who the Witnesses are and why they are called christians grin yet you are just waiting for arguments with them on Nairaland.
The issue of the Trinity and the others you raised have been discussed on this forum countless times. If you need a fruitful discussion, engage Jehovah's Witnesses offline.

When you die, you will know who is confused between the two of us. Till then, I keep my finger crossed. I have met many of your people offline, I always trash their arguments and send them running. If you are interested meet me in person.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 8:16pm On May 31, 2020
rosalieene:
My major concern about Jehovah witness people is that they feel like they are the only true worshippers of God and following biblical teachings while other churches are not.
they also dont believe in prophecy etc
Of course we are proud of our beliefs. We believe in bible prophecies too.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 8:19pm On May 31, 2020
xandy84:
Jehovah witness save my life. Growing up in Bariga in late 90's with all the craziness then, I don't think I would have made it out of the hell hole cos most of my friends did not made it alive, and those we made it, did not even finish secondary school not to talk of going to University. Their emphasis on reading turns me from E students to straight A student and I broke the Curse in my street the to be the first to attend Unilag.
I am no longer a witness but most of their teaching is still with me.

Please return to the truth. The end is nigh.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by ciencee(m): 8:21pm On May 31, 2020
Hotzone:
I respect them...
To be a witness, nnaa, u must carry ur Gucci bag join body for what they called “pioneer service”.
Even though I am not with them any longer but I still respect most of their values and through them, I learnt how to dress like a gentleman which has helped me in my career
Pls, is there any reason why you left them,
Pls pm me.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 8:21pm On May 31, 2020
WINDSOW:
Dont shalom me. I have my reasons y am calling JW out. I hate u guys badly. One thing I like about u guys is you are well coordinated but always believe your are the best. Y'all think y'all are saints.
Permit me to call you a hypocrite.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by zudozz: 8:21pm On May 31, 2020
Maximus69:

1Corinthians 7:39 smiley

ps wt does this ve to do with jehova witness girls not taken men from other denominations seriously?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by WINDSOW(m): 8:24pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:

Permit me to call you a hypocrite.
Permit me to tell u dont read in between the lines. I spotted a +ve of u, I told u. U then capitalized on that to frame me just as u guys normally do during Bible expositions. U are just who I said u are.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 8:25pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:
Other beliefs, meaning, other Christians or who? You're just talking as if Jehovah Witnesses are the only true Christians which is judging but you'll say you're not. You guys know how to contradict yourself and give the same response over and over under the disguise of English language. What is faith? What is Christianity to you? Who are the Christians?
Study Jehovah's Witnesses and get your answer. Leave hearsays.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 8:26pm On May 31, 2020
Retrography:
Jesus have the charge to his disciples to baptize with this formular:
In the name of the Father,
And of the Son,
And of the Holy Spirit.

Any format outside this one is not baptism.

So I ask any Jehovah's witness to tell me the format you use during your baptism.

Again, how many times was the world supposed to end in Jehovah's Witness prophecies but the world never ended?

Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas because the date is not in the Bible.

So why do you use Roman Catholic calendar to commemorate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ every year? But you don't call it Easter.
I know this because I receive flyers every year about this particular event.
Please can you show me where it is written in the Bible that the date for the event changes from year to year? #last year's date was not the same as this year's own#
Calm down, research and learn.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Chommybaby(f): 8:27pm On May 31, 2020
Jokerman:

So you know more than God??

Actually many will be judged according to their works especially those before the Advent of Christ at the last day... Those with evil deeds will be cast into the lake of fire along with the devil and fallen angels that deceived them... And that's why Jesus came to save us and give us power to live right, and that's why it's easier for us.

And no one is in the lake of fire now according to the Bible. Dead souls actually go to Hades (Hell) or Abraham's bosom waiting for the judgement day...in book if Revelation, God said death and hell will give up the dead in them, and be cast into the lake of fire... And also if you are in Hades(hell) after death, it automatically lake of fire

You know....

I never asked you to quote the scriptures OK...

Like I said 'I believe we all will be judged by what we believe' For example: As JW don't accept blood transfusion and I do doesn't make me a sinner or disqualifies me from heaven, neither does it make the JWs killers for letting their people die for lack of blood..
So our faith judges us....

Cos you won't tell me that Muslims, traditionalists, Buddhists and the rest of other faiths will be 'cast into a lake of fire' and you being a Christian will make heaven...

And the way you do much believe in hades\hell makes me wonder if you aren't a sadist...
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 8:28pm On May 31, 2020
tete7000:

When you die, you will know who is confused between the two of us. Till then, I keep my finger crossed. I have met many of your people offline, I always trash their arguments and send them running. If you are interested meet me in person.
Have you also you thought of what likely awaits you after death? Don't you also think it will be terrible if you eventually discovered that you have believed a lie when it becomes too late and this group that you attacked and seems to be hated by many people, were saying the truth all along?
May that not be your lot. Humble yourselves and learn the truth from Jehovah's Witnesses, no time again.

I have met many of your people offline, I always trash their arguments and send them running.

Trash arguments offline indeed? We know your kind, always forming busy and uninterested when visited but who would gladly come online to argue and show false scriptural prowness on a jw thread.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 8:29pm On May 31, 2020
Retrography:

Let me challenge your Number 2:

Jesus said they will be thrown into the Everlasting lake of fire where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Can someone in the grave weep and gnash their teeth?
Two questions: when Adam and Eve died, where did they go? Know the story of Lazarus who Jesus resurrected? When he died, where did he go?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 8:34pm On May 31, 2020
chival:

I agree 100% with the speaking in tongues bit. That has always been my belief and I am not a Jehovah's witness. Speaking in tongues simply means speaking in a different language for the benefit of the listener and I have seen it done.
Narrate to me where you saw it please.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by PeacenLove2: 8:35pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:

God values blood. Ask yourself: does death end it all? We Witnesses have a broader view of death. This life is not all there is.

Maybe and maybe not. Death is sad especially when people die young or needlessly. When they die untimely, most likely leave behind those who depend on them you know like children or aged parents. Some are on the verge of innovating something spectacular, you think of it. This life is all we have with 100% certainty, the rest is hope and belief, maybe true and may not. Life is worth fighting for. Blood transfusion doesn't hurt anybody. But you my brother or sister, I can only wish you well and hope you never find yourself in need of transfusion. I would be wasting my breathe to ask that you donate for others. All the best.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 8:35pm On May 31, 2020
spiralwedge:
JW is a cult. If you can't adhere to Jesus' teachings, then you aren't Christians. Jesus categorically mentioned Hell fire and gave a parable of it.
Please explain where Jesus mentioned it and the parable.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by tete7000(m): 8:35pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Have you also you thought of what likely awaits you after death? Don't you also think it will be terrible if you eventually discovered that you have believed a lie when it becomes too late and this group that you attacked and seems to be hated by many people, were saying the truth all along?
May that not be your lot. Humble yourselves and learn the truth from Jehovah's Witnesses, no time again.

Trash arguments offline indeed? We know your kind, always forming busy and uninterested when visited but who would gladly come online to argue and show false scriptural prowness on a jw thread.

If I follow your logic, nothing awaits me after death, I simply go out of existence, so you already contradict yourself. There is no punishment no pain. So tell me why should I bother following Jehovah witnessing when I know the worst punishment is that I go out of existence. No hell, no pain, no sorrow. Why do I need to stop enjoying my sins and repent self? To what end and for what purpose? I don't need your new heaven on earth.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by xandy84: 8:38pm On May 31, 2020
Lol.. I don't go to meeting any longer but my life is still tailored to witness doctrines. You are right, it's the truth.

chatinent:

Please return to the truth. The end is nigh.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 31, 2020
[quote author=Kingpele post=90170548][/quote]
when ur god was crucified who was controlling the world!! Ask ur pastor
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Chommybaby(f): 8:43pm On May 31, 2020
joyandfaith:

why not take your time to study the Bible and establish what constitutes sins?

You know...

With the amount of hypocrisy going on today, its very hard to tell sins Apart....

For example to some churches, female trousers is a sin but I wear them so I guess I and some 20 billion ladies around the world who wear it should prepare for hell...

Let not even go to jewelries and makeup...

Now to JWs blood transfusion is a sin too so I guess when we all need blood we should not take it and we should prepare for death

Now to some other religion, killing Christians earn them places in heaven....

We are all make God look like an evil dictator and sadist with the things we do and say in the name of Christianity.....
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 8:43pm On May 31, 2020
WINDSOW:
What does that got to do with the subject. You want to pick holes right. Shift!
No, I want to know the true Church.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 8:44pm On May 31, 2020
rottennaija:

Yeah, they run from these self searching questions as you are doing now. How I wish i had seen this earlier so that I could have asked these questions on the front page. That way, it would be evident that you are as empty as the post you put up there.

Achorladey
Maximus69
Jozzy4
rottennaija
I can't run from you, son. I only noticed you don't want to learn, instead you are like the high priests of old who brought a coin for Jesus.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 8:46pm On May 31, 2020
tete7000:

X
Argue with these:

1. Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
John 20:28
- Did you see Jesus told Thomas he was wrong in calling him Lord and God?

2. “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds. John 8:58‭-‬59
-, I hope you know why they wanted to stone Jesus? Because they felt he blasphemed by indirectly equating himself to God by using the same name "I am" that God used to referred to himself while revealing himself to Moses in the wilderness for himself(Jesus). God told Moses I am that I am. Jesus in turn said before Abraham was, I am... A present tense.

3. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; Philippians 2:5‭-‬6
- Paul inferred that Jesus is equal to God

You people have a fixed mindset, you are incapable at looking at the scripture from a broad and holistic mindset. You have a narrow and conditioned mindset and seek for passages in the scripture to justify what you have made up your mind to believe. You say hell cannot exist because God is not wicked forgetting that hell is not about fire but about pain of eternal separation from God. In order to set ground for that justification you first denied immortality of the soul. You said there is no distinction between body and soul. How do you reconcile that with a passage that says "You must Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength"?
Three distinct elements of man - heart, soul and strength are mentioned in that passage. Or how do you reconcile that belief with the passage where Paul wrote "May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.1 Thessalonians 5:23

How can any sound mind who have read Bible through and through deny hell with fire and brimstone exist after so many references of Jesus to it. You guys disgust me with the heresies you spread around.
Okay. Let me get your point: Jesus is God, right?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by SILVERLINES: 8:46pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

Silverlines, I see. But have you really taken time to study the Bible to know why we JW take that position. Because come to think of it, we too are humans, we don't want to die. So for us to hold to that belief there must be a very very strong reason. You know what, Satan would do anything to make people work against God's purpose. So we are always very careful accepting any practice unless we are convinced such does not contravene God's law. But in the case of blood transfusion God's law is clear broken, hence we don't accept it.

I wrote this a while ago. You can read it please:

Well, Jehovah's Witnesses refusal to take blood transfusion is not so much because it is unsafe, it is because that practice contravenes God's law on the use of blood. God specifically commanded that his servants must not eat blood. Blood must not be misused. At Genesis chapter nine verse three and four, God was very clear - don't eat blood. Genesis 9:3,4.
When he gave the Mosaic law, he re-emphasized that the only proper use of blood is for atonement (sacrifice), that blood must not be eaten but should be poured into the dust if an animal was slaughtered to be eaten. Read Leviticus chapter 17:13-16
In the Christian era, it was again emphasised that Christians should abstain from blood. So how should Christians abstain from blood? When we considered God's law on how blood was to be handled or used we understood that we must not eat blood. Whether or not safe, Christians must abstain from blood transfusion. Blood Transfusion amounts to improper use of blood. Please read Acts chapter 15:28,29.
brother I'm not yet convince on this one
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by WINDSOW(m): 8:51pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:

No, I want to know the true Church.
Jesus is the true Church!
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 8:56pm On May 31, 2020
tete7000:

If I follow your logic, nothing awaits me after death, I simply go out of existence, so you already contradict yourself. There is no punishment no pain. So tell me why should I bother following Jehovah witnessing when I know the worst punishment is that I go out of existence. No hell, no pain, no sorrow. Why do I need to stop enjoying my sins and repent self? To what end and for what purpose? I don't need your new heaven on earth.
Simple, If you willfully continue to practice sin, you end up the same way Adam and Eve did, they died, return to the dust, and they have no hope of returning to life to enjoy it forever in a paradise.

Think about that prospect. Everlasting life is a gift that God promises to obedient humans.

Wicked people will never enjoy that privilege after they die. Let them "enjoy" their sin for the few years they live whereas their their eternal future is not guaranteed.

The thought that all wicked people must suffer pain in hell fire while "living forever alive" is not based on the Bible.

Check how God has executed judgement on the wicked since the death of Adam and Eve, think about how he ended wicked people. Did he put them somewhere to suffer pain continuously while they still live?

You say you don't need the new heaven and new earth grin, okay, I wonder where you will stay after coming back to life after death, God will see no reason to bring you back to life in that case.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by WINDSOW(m): 8:58pm On May 31, 2020
SILVERLINES:
brother I'm not yet convince on this one
Can u see how he twisted the Bible to suit their belief. That's how they are. There is nothing u ll tell him to make him believe u. They are trained to be heart-hardened like Pharaoh. Stupid people!
JW ll be explaining the Bible using scientific illustrations. They don't understand the power of the Holy Spirit. Little wonder to refer to Him as "God active force" in their werey bible. Using their concocted Awake magazines to delude people. Tell them your view, Nba!
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by TyTos: 9:06pm On May 31, 2020
Janosky:

Thanks for speaking your mind...

We must strive to obey God in all things.
Just imagine if Abraham had cherry picked what to obey and what to discard.....
But he had STRONG FAITH ! He NEVER wavered!
Hebrews11:17-19. Acts5:29

Jehovah is the Source of Life.
His Promises are FAITHFUL. Matt10:37-39.

Young Samuel and Timothy grew up serving Jehovah when they were very young.
What's wrong with that ?

Do you mean Abraham should have waited for Isaac's consent before he took Isaac to the spot in accordance with Yahweh's instructions?

Or do you think Yahweh would condemn Abraham if per adventure, any harm befell Isaac on their way to Carry out God's instructions?

Regardless of the Laws of Caesar, every parent is accountable to Jehovah for their children under their care.

l totally love what you just said here and i agree

in essence you are CLEARLY saying faith/belief/religion does NOT follow Logic or Reason

in that same spirit, i will implore you to stop criticism of mainstream christian on issues you disagree with like Trinity, jesus is not God, rapture etc by using simple logic, since trying to convert mainstream Christian with logic is pretty much pointless.

also we shouldn't try to stop child marriage in the northern Nigeria as they can argue that God is cool with it
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by tete7000(m): 9:08pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:

Okay. Let me get your point: Jesus is God, right?

What can you conclude from those passages? Reach your conclusion. I have given you scriptural passages to help you. At least you believe in inerrancy of the scripture. Every scripture is inspired by God and reveals the truth. Help yourself.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Sultty(m): 9:09pm On May 31, 2020
Lostz:

no one will fight the world war if we all becomes Jehovah witnesses
there's no we we. Jehovah witness should have a rethink tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Hairyrapunzel: 9:09pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Simple, If you willfully continue to practice sin, you end up the same way Adam and Eve did, they died, return to the dust, and they have no hope of returning to life to enjoy it forever in a paradise.

Think about that prospect. Everlasting life is a gift that God promises to obedient humans.

Wicked people will never enjoy that privilege after they die. Let them "enjoy" their sin for the few years they live whereas their their eternal future is not guaranteed.

The thought that the all the wicked must suffer pain in hell fire while "living forever alive" is not based on the Bible.

Check how God has executed judgement on the wicked since the death of Adam and Eve, think about how he ended wicked people. Did he put them somewhere to suffer pain continuously while they still live?

You say you don't need the new heaven and new earth grin, okay, I wonder where you will stay after coming back to life after death, God will see no reason to bring you back to life in that case.

So you believe your jehovah will come kill/slaughter/destroy/murder/commit the greatest genocide against non jws/pagans/wicked/worldly/evil/unrighteous people because they chose not to unquestionably obey 8 old imperfect, uninspired and fallible men who err in doctrinal matters and organisation and reside in new York as the only channel of communication between God and man today?
So that you people will inherit earth and their properties abi?

Well, sorry to tell you that the only place it will ever happen is inside your head and your watchtower magazines.

You will end up waiting just like your founding fathers and die of disappointment like they did

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (44) (Reply)

Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Lord's Chosen Members In Abakaliki In Acrobatic Stunts (Photos) / Blood Flows From A Woman's Eyes, Feet, Head In Church In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.