Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (69584 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 04, 2020
sacajawea:

JW girls do not date fellow JW members and they date only with a view to marriage what is she doing with you then?

That's not true Sir!

We are all humans and most times we may be tempted to obey our fleshly desire, so anybody can be a victim of flesh most especially when you don't open up as regards your problems to those taking the lead in the Christian congregation. James 5:13-15

So such a person may become a slave to his fleshly desires and carried away with lust. But what most unbelievers don't know is the fact that sex is to be enjoyed by both parties, some felt they're taking advantage of the females they're sleeping with, whereas in most cases it's the other way way round! undecided

There are females who also love tasting different sizes of manhood to satisfy their sexual urges, in such a case the lady might be the one enjoying your body while she is on the lookout for a husband!

So when some guys finds such a female in the midst of God's people, they felt they're cheating or riding her but she's just having the fun of her life, when it's time to settle for marriage, such a guy is the last person on her list!

God bless you! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 04, 2020
rottennaija:

Context madam. Context.
Jesus is God. Jehovah is God. One is referred to as mighty, while the other is almighty. Both are God's.
Read your bible very well with an open mind.The bibble said God is not a man(Numbers 23:19),then Hosea 11:9 for I am God and not a man check this verses too Acts 2:22,Acts 17:31.I still maintain my stands with the JWs
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 7:27am On Jun 04, 2020
Rozz:
Read your bible very well with an open mind.The bibble said God is not a man(Numbers 23:19),then Hosea 11:9 for I am God and not a man check this verses too Acts 2:22,Acts 17:31.I still maintain my stands with the JWs

So what's your point?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 04, 2020
Rozz:

The highlighted is what made most of this people tagged me as their enemies, the first time i joined Nairaland i just wanted to be part of the fun as they were making jest of Jehovah's Witnesses but when i realized that these guys criticising JWs are arguing blindly i tried to correct them to stay focused and be consistent with their comments only for them to turn against me.

That's when i began asking them questions that i've asked JWs without any fear, and instead of responding with points backed up with scriptures they began insulting me. Then i realized that they are just hypocritically arguing blindly they have nothing to offer! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 04, 2020
Rozz:
This clearly proves the JWs right.if christ belongs to God,can he still be God

The title is what's confusing them!

For instance America controls the whole world today, they appoint whoever will be your President, if the people in that country objects they can't have peace because America will continue to support those sabotaging their effort.
But America is ruled by one President while those they're controlling also have their own President, but you and i know for sure that Donald Trump has more power than Buhari, yet both of them are called:

President! 1Corinthians 15:26-28

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 11:17am On Jun 04, 2020
Maximus69:

The title is what's confusing them!

For instance America controls the whole world today, they appoint whoever will be your President, if the people in that country objects they can't have peace because America will continue to support those sabotaging their effort.
But America is ruled by one President while those they're controlling also have their own President, but you and i know for sure that Donald Trump has more power than Buhari, yet both of them are called:

President! 1Corinthians 15:26-28

So Maximus69, is Jesus God?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 04, 2020
rottennaija:

So Maximus69, is Jesus God?

Of course he WAS {John 1:1} just as Moses WAS God at a point in time! Exodus 7:1

But presently he is now serving as the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} as he is gathering his father's sheep globally into one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers today known as Jehovah's Witnesses! Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Isaiah 9:7 smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
Maximus69:

Of course he WAS {John 1:1} just as Moses WAS God at a point in time! Exodus 7:1

But presently he is now serving as the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} as he is gathering his father's sheep globally into one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers today known as Jehovah's Witnesses! Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Isaiah 9:7 smiley

When he WAS, was Jehovah a God too?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
rottennaija:

When he WAS, was Jehovah a God too?

When Moses WAS God, was Jehovah a God too?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Maximus69:

When Moses WAS God, was Jehovah a God too?

First of all, moses was as/like God to pharaoh. Don't try to fool yourself. Even NWT speak of moses as/like God not God.

But let's just agree that when Jesus was God, Jehovah was too just as when Moses was as/like God, Jehovah was God too.

So, how many God do we have now?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
rottennaija:

First of all, moses was as/like God to pharaoh. Don't try to fool yourself. Even NWT speak of moses as/like God not God.

But let's just agree that when Jesus was God, Jehovah was too just as when Moses was as/like God, Jehovah was God too.

i don't seems to get this.God everywhere
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 1:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
Rozz:
i don't seems to get this.God everywhere

Do you understand what I wrote there? God is no man. Moses was going to be as a God to pharaoh and his brother was the prophet. He wasn't a God or God.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
rottennaija:

Do you understand what I wrote there? God is no man. Moses was going to be as a God to pharaoh and his brother was the prophet. He wasn't a God or God.
clearer now

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by achorladey: 2:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
Rozz:

Something funny here Rozz.......

Numbers 23:17 God is not a mere man who tells lies, Nor son of man who changed his mind. When he says something will he not do it? When he speaks will he not carry it

The above to show that GOD IS NOT A MAN and supported it with Hosea 11:9

Acts 2:22 Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know

Same applies to Acts 17:31 which I believed you cited to indicate Jesus is a MAN. Very interesting.

The above to show that JESUS is a MAN

Then the below.......

At least you AGREE JESUS is a Man? Did Jesus tell lies? If No is the answer, does that qualify Jesus AS GOD

After all it is only man that tell lies and a man that tell lies cannot be GOD. But this particular Man don't tell lies, is HE GOD?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 04, 2020
achorladey:

Something funny here Rozz.......

Numbers 23:17 God is not a mere man who tells lies, Nor son of man who changed his mind. When he says something will he not do it? When he speaks will he not carry it

Acts 2:22 Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know

Same applies to Acts 17:31 which I believed you cited to indicate Jesus is a MAN. Very interesting.

At least you AGREE JESUS is a Man? Did Jesus tell lies? If No is the answer, does that qualify Jesus AS GOD

After all it is only man that tell lies and a man that tell lies cannot be GOD. But this particular Man don't tell lies, is HE GOD?

Why are you trying to interpret the bible in a way that suits you and what you believe,thats clearly what you are doing here..let me just be reading
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 2:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
Rozz:
clearer now
http://bib.irr.org/was-moses-god-exodus-416-and-71

I found the above research work in those scriptures about Moses being referred to as God. It makes a good read.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by achorladey: 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
Rozz:
Why are you trying to interpret the bible in a way that suits you and what you believe,thats clearly what you are doing here..let me just be reading

No, I am not trying to interpret the BIBLE in a way that suits me. Mere men that tell lies are sometimes referred to as GOD how much a man in this case JESUS who don't tell lies. Na reason we dey try reason together.

As you said you want to keep READING. Its good, REASONING SKILLS must be sharpened one way or the OTHER.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
rottennaija:

I found the above research work in those scriptures about Moses being referred to as God. It makes a good read.
it was clear Moses was just being appointed to lead by God.our difference in Understanding and interpretation of the bible is what causes major argument
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
Rozz:
it was clear Moses was just being appointed to lead by God.our difference in Understanding and interpretation of the bible is what causes major argument

I agree. And some translations like the New World Translation by the JWs are deliberated designed to fit their doctrines.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
rottennaija:

Jesus' Godship was like that of Moses, he is not to be worshiped by faithful servants of God.
Egyptians worshiped (fear) Moses but faithful Israelites only appreciate him! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
rottennaija:

It's the problem of worship that's causing the arguments Sir.

Any person God used as his representative is not to be worshiped! John 20:17

God bless you!
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
Maximus69:

It's the problem of worship that's causing the arguments Sir.

Any person God used as his representative is not to be worshiped! John 20:17

God bless you!

That's a diversion and you know it. That's besides what we are talking about.
Rozz, notice how he has become diversionary

My question was....

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus' Godship was like that of Moses, he is not to be worshiped by faithful servants of God.
Egyptians worshiped (fear) Moses but faithful Israelites only appreciate him! smiley

This is still diversionary. The question I asked or discuss wasn't about whether Jesus should be worshipped or not. You are just attacking a different subject.

My question was,

Attention Rozz,
hope you are noticing how he is about to shift the discussion now. First was to place moses in the same Godship as Jesus and Jehovah. Now, when I reminded him that moses was never God but was made as/like God. Its was more of representative role than an actual thing, now he is diverting attention without acknowledging it.

Even his bible New World Translation clearly states it so. But he is simply ignoring it, hoping that I forget it while he forges ahead to introduce a different topic into the talk.

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
rottennaija:

This is still diversionary. The question I asked or discuss wasn't about whether Jesus should be worshipped or not. You are just attacking a different subject.

My question was,

Jehovah's Witnesses have just one God
JEHOVAH Deuteronomy 6:4 smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 4:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
Maximus69:

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Maximus69:

So how about Jesus? Moses? Where they not God's too?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
rottennaija:

So how about Jesus? Moses? Where they not God's too?

Not to be worshiped! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
Maximus69:

So they were false God's, not to be worshipped? undecided
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
Maximus69:

But are Gods or gods?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Sergioaguero: 7:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
Janosky:

Please research "Johanine Comma" and dump your KJV FRAUD for dustbin.

Is she inspired or an angel? My sheep know my voice.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
rottennaija:

But are Gods or gods?

There is no difference between the two Sir it's the translators that's using capital and small letters to distinguish them.

What matters is that there is one Almighty God 'Jehovah' who designated his representatives to act as Gods in the midst of humans, but these representative always direct all worship to Jehovah NOT to themselves! smiley

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 7:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
Maximus69:

There is no difference between the two Sir it's the translators that's using capital and small letters to distinguish them.

What matters is that there is one Almighty God 'Jehovah' who designated his representatives to act as Gods in the midst of humans, but these representative always direct all worship to Jehovah NOT to themselves! smiley

OK, I'll ignore whether it is God or god. So if Jehovah is one almighty God, what sort of God is Jesus and Moses?

Rozz

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses - The Power Source For Our Miracle Pastors / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / Chapel On Biku Hill: World’s Smallest Church In Uganda, Accommodates Three Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.