Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki (1797 Views)

Customs Closes Gate To Stop Oyo Govt From Returning 1,800 Bags Of Rice (pics) / No Matter What Happen This Saturday, Buhari Won't Be Returning As President / Why Edo Governor Obaseki Slept At UN Conference – Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by Ebullience(m): 10:58am On May 27, 2020
Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki says he is confident of returning to power as first man of the state because “power comes from God.”

The governor who disclosed this on Wednesday, in an interview on Channels Television breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, noted that he is a man of peace, not an violent person.

“I am not a violent person. But I am confident that the way I got into power is the same way I will return.

“God gave me power. If he wants me to return I will continue. No man can stop me. Power comes from God,” he said.

Obaseki speaking concerning violence during election said he has always canvassed for peace and believes election should not lead to bloodshed.

The governor who also spoke concerning the political rift within his party the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State, stated that he is not distracted, adding that his focus is on developing Edo State.

“We have always canvassed for peace. What are the issues in Edo and what are the issues that cannot be resolved in a democracy. Our concern is to use the resources of the people to develop the state.

“This shouldn’t lead to bloodshed. We will not accept to be cowed and intimidated because some people think that they can manipulate rules and cut corners,” he added.

When asked if it’s not the resources of the people of Edo State that was used for him to become the governor, Obaseki said, “I have friends with resources. I worked for eight years behind the scene before I became governor.

“So all that insinuations about using somebody’s resources…I became Governor on the platform of the party and I am grateful for it.”

He expressed confidence that the rule of law will prevail in the forthcoming Edo State election because he is sure that Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari believes in the rule of law and will allow things to be done openly.

Obaseki further noted that he is not in contest with anyone, stressing that he is confident of victory.

“It does not matter whether it is direct or indirect (primaries), I will win,” he said.

The National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling APC, currently led by the National Chairman of the party and former governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole had earlier on May 22 announced its decision to adopt direct primary for the coming governorship primaries in Edo State scheduled to hold on June 22.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/05/27/no-man-can-stop-me-from-returning-as-edo-governor-obaseki/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by meum: 11:03am On May 27, 2020
All these politicians, they like to mention God.
Na so Oshio dey shout no godfather upandan. Him say na only God the Father dey. Today him Don turn godfather. God the Father no dey him "vocab" again.

4 Likes

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by MyMouth(m): 11:03am On May 27, 2020
I jus remembered that interview fayose gave on channels TV then before the last election in ekiti, na so he made a hell of noise. I dey look like bat! grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by gambia(m): 11:36am On May 27, 2020
This one no be clear eyes o

1 Like

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:37am On May 27, 2020
lives would be lost in this election unfortunately. because APC so much depend on violence and manipulation of results to win election.

it's there trademark.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by Afamed: 11:38am On May 27, 2020
Go and face your direct primary election first
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by krokronyash(f): 11:39am On May 27, 2020
Shots fired !! grin

1 Like

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:45am On May 27, 2020
Oshiomole will deploy everything within his arsenal to make sure Obaseki doesn't actualize his second term ambition. But of a truth, Obaseki really fuucked up by going against Oshiomole who brought him into power. Oshiomole fought against forces to make sure he became governor. Nobody should quote me and start saying nonsense. Nigeria politics is full of murky terrains.
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by Finnese001: 11:47am On May 27, 2020
man with balls

no afonja blood in him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by Nobody: 11:49am On May 27, 2020
Mr Obaseki, not all powers comes from GOD. Like that of Bubu is of the devil
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by senatordave1(m): 11:53am On May 27, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
lives would be lost in this election unfortunately. because APC so much depend on violence and manipulation of results to win election.

it's there trademark.

And what is pdp trademark boy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:56am On May 27, 2020
senatordave1:

2015 presidential election got answer to your question.
God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by GamalNasser: 12:01pm On May 27, 2020
That's the spirit
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by rontolo(m): 12:06pm On May 27, 2020
Don’t support APC one bit, but must admit I like and respect this man.

He is one of the most progressive and purposeful governors in Nigeria and will make a good president. Unlike the unapologetically hopeless, self serving, hypocritical and corrupt one called Oshiomhole

1 Like

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by ladilawal82(m): 12:13pm On May 27, 2020
He's out already cool
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by Karlifate: 12:14pm On May 27, 2020
Talk is cheap, anyone can afford it.
We'll all see the result of the direct primary election.
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by pompo47: 12:21pm On May 27, 2020
Edo state elections is going to be a case study on how ondo elections will also play out. Two Governors going for re-election and both are in the camp that are against the Apc national chairman. The real chess players are in abuja and it is all about 2023 presidential apc primaries.The asiwaju camp on one side that oshiomole belongs to and the El Rufai/Fayemi camp that Obaseki now belongs to.Edo state primaries will be very bloody with two different primaries being held by both the Apc Nwc and the Apc state chapter.Each will try to make sure it stops the other from successfully holding its primary.The implosion will also affect Pdp to the point where their primaries will bring rancour and a lot of court litigations will play out.I for see oshiomole nursing a candidate in another party and waiting for the fall out of the two major parties to make his move.Oshiomole wants to make sure that Obaseki is not brought back at all cost,because a two time governor is an automatic leader and Obaseki will cut all his wings once re-elected.

1 Like

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by tatatar: 12:22pm On May 27, 2020
K
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by senatordave1(m): 12:52pm On May 27, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

Child,what of 2003 and 2007

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by Afamed: 12:55pm On May 27, 2020
senatordave1:

Ignore that boy

1 Like

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by Dogogo1900: 1:01pm On May 27, 2020
Ebullience:
Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki says he is confident of returning to power as first man of the state because “power comes from God.”

The governor who disclosed this on Wednesday, in an interview on Channels Television breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, noted that he is a man of peace, not an violent person.

“I am not a violent person. But I am confident that the way I got into power is the same way I will return.

“God gave me power. If he wants me to return I will continue. No man can stop me. Power comes from God,” he said.

Obaseki speaking concerning violence during election said he has always canvassed for peace and believes election should not lead to bloodshed.

The governor who also spoke concerning the political rift within his party the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State, stated that he is not distracted, adding that his focus is on developing Edo State.

“We have always canvassed for peace. What are the issues in Edo and what are the issues that cannot be resolved in a democracy. Our concern is to use the resources of the people to develop the state.

“This shouldn’t lead to bloodshed. We will not accept to be cowed and intimidated because some people think that they can manipulate rules and cut corners,” he added.

When asked if it’s not the resources of the people of Edo State that was used for him to become the governor, Obaseki said, “I have friends with resources. I worked for eight years behind the scene before I became governor.

“So all that insinuations about using somebody’s resources…I became Governor on the platform of the party and I am grateful for it.”

He expressed confidence that the rule of law will prevail in the forthcoming Edo State election because he is sure that Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari believes in the rule of law and will allow things to be done openly.

Obaseki further noted that he is not in contest with anyone, stressing that he is confident of victory.

“It does not matter whether it is direct or indirect (primaries), I will win,” he said.

The National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling APC, currently led by the National Chairman of the party and former governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole had earlier on May 22 announced its decision to adopt direct primary for the coming governorship primaries in Edo State scheduled to hold on June 22.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/05/27/no-man-can-stop-me-from-returning-as-edo-governor-obaseki/

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by Dogogo1900: 1:02pm On May 27, 2020
I have no sympathy for politicians that are not loyal, loyalty is a must in politics

1 Like

Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by Quelme: 1:06pm On May 27, 2020
Gorimapa governor. The only thing you sabi na to dey sign MOU up and down.

Where is the gelegele seaport, almost 4 years now?

Where is the Emotan gardens, almost 4 years now?

Where is the Benin industrial park, almost 4 years now?

Where is the central park, almost 4 years now?

MOU governor, MOU kill you there!
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 27, 2020
He's simply saying I'm fighting to the end.....Ambode was not courageous to do so....
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by seanfer(m): 1:20pm On May 27, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

Same 2015 election took more than 50 lives of Rivers State Indigenes.
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by seanfer(m): 1:22pm On May 27, 2020
Obaseki has stop running his mouth, reality is setting in for him. If this interview was conducted last month I’m sure he will be making mouth that nobody can stop him. Now he’s mentioning God.
If Obaseki know that he will win the Primary then he should stop running around.
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by Heffalump(m): 2:43pm On May 27, 2020
pompo47:
Edo state elections is going to be a case study on how ondo elections will also play out. Two Governors going for re-election and both are in the camp that are against the Apc national chairman. The real chess players are in abuja and it is all about 2023 presidential apc primaries.The asiwaju camp on one side that oshiomole belongs to and the El Rufai/Fayemi camp that Obaseki now belongs to.Edo state primaries will be very bloody with two different primaries being held by both the Apc Nwc and the Apc state chapter.Each will try to make sure it stops the other from successfully holding its primary.The implosion will also affect Pdp to the point where their primaries will bring rancour and a lot of court litigations will play out.I for see oshiomole nursing a candidate in another party and waiting for the fall out of the two major parties to make his move.Oshiomole wants to make sure that Obaseki is not brought back at all cost,because a two time governor is an automatic leader and Obaseki will cut all his wings once re-elected.

Buhari will be foolish to fold his hands and watch this drama play out.
Re: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki by pompo47: 5:11pm On May 27, 2020
Heffalump:

Buhari will be foolish to fold his hands and watch this drama play out.

Buhari is an old man there is no third term and he has bigger issues on his table to fry.
The will of Obaseki will be the deciding factor of what will play out in Edo state.

If Obaseki decides to truly fight in the event he loses out on the Apc ticket his chances will be determined by
how many of his followers are really willing to decamp with him.As of the moment he still controls the state structures
with his deputy and ssg solidly behind him.He would need to cause WW3 for them Oshiomole and Ize-yamu to run to abj and
stay there until election time proper.He needs to instill fear in the oshiomole camp to throw them off their balance.Force them Oshiomole to abuja to strategize then you hold edo state like camp nou.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2023 Presidency Should Go To / Dr. Deji Adeleke, Epitome Of Philanthropic Altruism(Photos) / VIDEO: Nnamdi Kanu Launches Security Outfit " Eastern Security Network"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.