Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried (28872 Views)

Bus Catches Fire On Niger Bridge / Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew / Onitsha Niger Bridge In 1967 And 2019 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by naija4life247: 2:42pm On May 27, 2020
Pat4t5:

All tribes ply the bridge being you Igbo, Yoruba, hausa etc. Only in Africa backward politics are played.

Let the bridge collapse, then we will classify the casualties into tribes and ethnicities. Let us all see which tribe and ethnic group use the bridge most.
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by naija4life247: 2:45pm On May 27, 2020
Lostz:
maybe the easiest to finally have biafra. nature is trying to cut them from Nigeria.

federal government should do everything to avert the incoming loss of life. just spend the whole Abacha loot on completing the second niger bridge

That will never happen. Babatunde Fashola who is one of our Starboys is the Minsiter for Works. He will never spend a kobo on that bridge, that I assure you. He once abducted Igbos all over Lagos and dumped them at Upper Iweka bridge Head at 2:00 AM, but before 15 minutes, they have all jumped into the next available trailer moving cows to Lagos. So, if Niger Bridge is falling, Fashola will be happy.
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Slynation(m): 2:52pm On May 27, 2020
But we are in a Country where "Until e happen" before drastic measures and maintenance are put in place....

So till then, Government no send at all
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Jodan10: 2:56pm On May 27, 2020
please FG should do something about it.
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by iko123: 2:59pm On May 27, 2020
The bridge was designed for distributed load and not stationary or point load. That's why when you are using the bridge, you will see warning sign asking you to keep moving. Nigerians out of ignorance always cause traffic build-up on top of the bridge . This is unacceptable!

4 Likes

Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by BrightAhiah(m): 3:00pm On May 27, 2020
[quote author=Ofemmanu1 post=90014941]Egungun becarpeful.. [/quot

They re already in the EXPRESS
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by baconline(m): 3:13pm On May 27, 2020
Funny!!! All bridges vibrate, the slabs sit on bearing that vibrate and dissipate the energy from having a toll on the piers and abutment,

3 Likes

Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Okoroawusa: 3:17pm On May 27, 2020
That bridge is going no where...

A journalist asked random people about a bridge n then concluded that it's going to collapse any time soon. Wrote the report, gave to his editor n it was published.

Journalism...Made In Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Offpoint: 3:23pm On May 27, 2020
CsRockefeller:
What then happens when the 3rd mainland bridge expires?

Someone should pls explain to me, how do those pillars stand in water bodies?

I pass through the The 1st, 2nd and 3rd mainland bridges everyday and I keep on wondering how possible it is that those pillars were built inside the water.

By the way, the first mainland bridge was constructed before the Niger bridge and it's still solid, does it mean the Niger Bridge wasn't done properly?

Finally, Julius Berger keep on marveling me, those guys are geniuses, their construction everywhere, especially bridges are superb, even the Chinese are still far behind, look at the rubbish they are building at Constain or what they built at Ikorodu road, overrated proud folks in construction.
There's a *MEGA BUILT* program on NatGeo you'll know how bridges are built.

You can look up YouTube too

1 Like

Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by NgwalandAbia(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2020
naija4life247:
Let them go and use the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Niger Bridges built and commissioned by their son Goatluck Jonaddaft. QED
one funny thing is that an illegal son of an illegal immigrant try to provoke those superior to him in regards of issues that are related to our land please stop your noise making here
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Ginomel(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2020
CsRockefeller:

I pass through the The 1st, 2nd and 3rd mainland bridges everyday and I keep on wondering how possible it is that those pillars were built inside the water.

By the way, the first mainland bridge was constructed before the Niger bridge and it's still solid, does it mean the Niger Bridge wasn't done properly?

Finally, Julius Berger keep on marveling me, those guys are geniuses, their construction everywhere, especially bridges are superb, even the Chinese are still far behind, look at the rubbish they are building at Constain or what they built at Ikorodu road, overrated proud folks in construction.

In a layman terms, for shallow bridges, you can block the vicinity and dry the water then dig and pour the pillar .

For deep water, you do pipe piling and pour concrete in it. then place the platform bed.

You may also use cofferdam, it has an enclosure with pipes. Put inside water and pump out the trapped water. You can continue as above.

You can use caisson too. Almost like cofferdam.

Insert the enclosure in water .Pump out the water, it will be like dry land, then continue as above.

4 Likes

Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by uuzba(m): 3:50pm On May 27, 2020
hammerpP:
THE BRIDGE IS SUPER OLD.

HURRIEDLY REBUILT AFTER BIAFRA WAR.

IT IS A MIRACLE, E NEVER FALL TILL NOW.

I don't understand how olden days people without computer, internet, or android phone can build a bridge that is so strong for over 70 years and we now with all our smartness and computer cannot fast-fast build another super powerful bridge since ALL THIS TIME
It's as if we just WASTE all our modern knowledge and technology, ARGUING and FIGHTING on social media and cannot make any single positive impact in our society.
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by uuzba(m): 3:54pm On May 27, 2020
Ginomel:

In a layman terms, for shallow bridges, you can block the vicinity and dry the water then dig and pour the pillar .

For deep water, you do pipe piling and pour concrete in it. then place the platform bed.

You may also use cofferdam, it has an enclosure with pipes. Put inside water and pump out the trapped water. You can continue as above.

You can use caisson too. Almost like cofferdam.

Insert the enclosure in water .Pump out the water, it will be like dry land, then continue as above.

And olden days people did all of that without speaking too much English!
Now here we are with all our computer and internet, arguing front and back and cannot fast-fast, make 2nd bridge since all this time

1 Like

Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Afamed: 3:57pm On May 27, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Buhari is playing politics with the 2nd bridge until the inevitable happens and lives are lost.

Tell me any place colonial bridge is still in use.
You should be ashamed of yourself. After 16 years of your unalloyed loyalty to PDP

Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by hammerpP: 3:59pm On May 27, 2020
uuzba:

I don't understand how olden days people without computer, internet, or android phone can build a bridge that is so strong for over 70 years and we now with all our smartness and computer cannot fast-fast build another super powerful bridge since ALL THIS TIME
It's as if we just WASTE all our modern knowledge and technology, ARGUING and FIGHTING on social media and cannot make any single positive impact in our society.

social media is very powerful.

it is hard to ignore the lies yoruba media tells, wen it pops up on your screen without permission.

they wish the very few of us actually leave and stop commnting, so they can continue to brainwash people with lies and propaganda.

we are complaining about nigeria media and u want to hand them the social media as well.
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 27, 2020
CsRockefeller:

the Chinese are superb at building and everything,they re evil genius with the best IQ in the world....
Nigeria is just to backward for Chinese intelligence,we lack the ability in science and technology to check standard of goods and materials,if China says "these machine is 78% copper,57% molybdenum,42% improvised duralumin and has 3% carbon garnished silver diodes",,how do we check?with what machines and who is gonna produce the machine?does the government ever think of checking? can they?
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by CsRockefeller(m): 4:04pm On May 27, 2020
nzehvictor2016:

the Chinese are superb at building and everything,they re evil genius with the best IQ in the world....
Nigeria is just to backward for Chinese intelligence,we lack the ability in science and technology to check standard of goods and materials,if China says "these machine is 78% copper,57% molybdenum,42% improvised duralumin and has 3% carbon garnished silver diodes",,how do we check?with what machines and who is gonna produce the machine?does the government ever think of checking? can they?

So why are they building sub standard structures here?
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Nickxander11(m): 4:17pm On May 27, 2020
Morray:
FG should tackle this as a matter of urgency

I'm still buying Fu iPhone 7 plus

Please don't do business with this fraudster named MORRAY abi MUMU. don't even think of meeting him anywhere so he won't rob or kill you just because of iPhone also don't buy any phone from him because all he does is to go about picking scrap phones then resell them with new casings and you will be moving about with a dead phone that will rip you off with faults.
Pls don't throw away your money with your eyes widely opened.

1 Like

Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by mikemiyaki: 4:24pm On May 27, 2020
The time to fast- track the building of the 2nd Niger bridge is NOW!
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by mikemiyaki: 4:25pm On May 27, 2020
shocked
iCauseTrouble:
It's not only Niger Bridge that is vibrating, the whole country is vibrating
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Standard88(m): 4:49pm On May 27, 2020
egungun be careful indeed
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 27, 2020
Afamed:

You should be ashamed of yourself. After 16 years of your unalloyed loyalty to PDP

Tell that to your Father.

I hope you repeat this when another govt takes over from this evil APC and uncompleted project in yoloba is mentioned.

Get loss and buy brain quickly
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by MaxNdu: 5:07pm On May 27, 2020
Iolo:
Surprised how a journalist interviews random civilians who then make a pronouncement on an area they aren’t experts in.

Whilst the bridge may be old or weak as alluded, It is completely normal for a Bridge to vibrate when you stand on them...you will feel this slightly.

Its never normal for a bridge to vibrate when vehicles drive over them so much that the commuter in the vehicles feel it. Its either the load transiting over that bridge at that point in time is close to the unacceptable load limit for that bridge or the bridge is weak or defective in itself.
If you have travelled on that River Niger bridge of recent, you will know that something needs to be done urgently.
And if you doubt, kindly name any bridge in the world, except Nigeria of course, that commuters feel vibrations while transiting on it.
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Honesty001: 5:36pm On May 27, 2020
Evilgenuis:
Waiting for the day the inevitable will happen grin
keep waiting.That day you will be on that bridge.
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Afamed: 5:37pm On May 27, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Tell that to your Father.

I hope you repeat this when another govt takes over from this evil APC and uncompleted project in yoloba is mentioned.

Get loss and buy brain quickly
The region I came from, we don't use our elders/ fathers to play Ludo on social media.
Thank you
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Glink2018(m): 6:11pm On May 27, 2020
Someone should go and blow it up so that the government will build another one..
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 27, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
It's not only Niger Bridge that is vibrating, the whole country is vibrating

grin grin
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by harsysky(m): 7:00pm On May 27, 2020
God, please don't answer this prayer of mine: The day all the polithiefians will be on convoy plying the road, a sound " prakata" will thunder, throwing them all inside the river, with their corpse not found"
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 27, 2020
CsRockefeller:

they re evil,everything we assume of the Chinese is of their own premeditated concoction,they know us too well,they all do,whites included
Re: Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 27, 2020
CsRockefeller:

substandard means low durability,low durability means continuous supply chain,which means good business and influence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russ Cook: British Man Completes Challenge To Run Length Of Africa / Tipper Driver Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Anambra (photos) / My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.