Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home (18066 Views)

Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate / Ngige: Why It Is Difficult To Increase Varsity Lecturers’ Salaries / Why FG Is After Me For Attending WEF In South Africa - Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by ijustdey: 2:13pm On May 27, 2020
School Feeding Programme: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home — Ngige

Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, has explained that the reason the Federal Government decided to feed the pupils under the government’s school feeding programme while they are still at home as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic is because the food items were perishing.

Ngige, who spoke with reporters at Alor in Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State argued that even while the pupils are at home on the forced holiday, they still need to be fed, coupled with the fact that the food had already been budgeted for.

He said: “The school feeding homegrown programme is necessary as it makes it possible to feed a child with one quality meal daily for the development of his or her mental health.

“Second, those producing these food items would be enjoying a boost in their business. The cooks are also generating employment as they hire many hands to assist them.

“Besides, the food suppliers had been mobilised when the schools were in session and they bought the food, most of which are perishable. The cooks are also being paid whether they cook or not.

“So, in the wisdom of Mr President, he felt that these foods should be sent to the parents at home so that the continuity of its benefits will not be derailed.”

According to him, the distribution of the food items was being done through the state governments, adding that even the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development was not directly involved in the distribution.

He added that although he is from Anambra State, he does not even know how it is being distributed in the state.

“The way it was designed was such that the state government should appoint a focal person who directs the affairs. This is because it is the state governments that run the schools and they know the number of pupils in their schools.

“They also have the data and addresses of the parents,” the minister said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/school-feeding-programme-why-fg-is-sending-raw-food-to-parents-at-home-ngige/

2 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by PlainJoe: 2:13pm On May 27, 2020
cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by Karlifate: 2:23pm On May 27, 2020
SCAM!!!

On the other hand, this Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management & Social Development is the most popular Ministry currently. Yet, they've not made any positive impact in the lives of the masses.

29 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by gurunlocker: 2:42pm On May 27, 2020
grin

So school feeding program is different from 'Scamlliative for each family', but it will be recorded under same thing and the money will be embezzle by some crooks.

Naija my country! grin

Each person in this administration has their own speciality, but lying is an important feature. grin grin

30 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by priscaoge(f): 2:43pm On May 27, 2020

“They also have the data and addresses of the parents,” the minister said.

And they couldn’t use this same information to send Covid-19 relief items/money to us and our parents?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by illicit(m): 2:43pm On May 27, 2020
But I am yet to meet a beneficiary

3 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by kolafolabi(m): 2:43pm On May 27, 2020
Doing everything to favour the Northerners

7 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by ednut1(m): 2:43pm On May 27, 2020
Hahahahaha Nigeria will disappoint you

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by Miracle4Sure: 2:43pm On May 27, 2020

8 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 27, 2020
Heartless people... Make una just try remain upto 2,500 for our treasury but I doubt it though..

6 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by Emmasnoop(m): 2:44pm On May 27, 2020
If i slap this man eh, so money when Una generate from south south Una go carry am go North they feed people abi While we they receive audio money and a audio food here,make Thurder nor strike Una one day for this country oh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by Ernerstdavid55(m): 2:44pm On May 27, 2020
grin
Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by jennybright(f): 2:44pm On May 27, 2020
this people don't have conscience. They have sold their soul to devil

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by Goldenheart(m): 2:44pm On May 27, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by SeriouslySense(m): 2:45pm On May 27, 2020
Sorry sorry, haha and Zombies will always be Zombies.

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by Mrshape: 2:45pm On May 27, 2020
In the wisdom of mister president there might be foolishness

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by meum: 2:46pm On May 27, 2020
“... the cooks are also generating employment as they hire many hands to assist them... "

I thought he said it's raw food?

Make una continue the lie! In a sane society a transparent school feeding programme will only take place while schools are in session. Are they telling me Nigeria is the only country in the world "feeding" school children? Are other countries taking school food(foodstuff in this case) to pupils homes in the name of school feeding programme? How come school pupils on my street haven't received the so called foodstuff?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by Blaisser: 2:46pm On May 27, 2020
What proof does he have to back up this claim?

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by Chiefolo: 2:47pm On May 27, 2020
I can't read this scam news jorr. Buhari and APC are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by safarigirl(f): 2:47pm On May 27, 2020
Let's do a smallsurvey, using the roughly 1 million Nigerians in Nigeria, that frequent Nairaland.

Like this post if you have received food from FG in your home.

Share if you have not received food from FG.

3 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2020
angry

For Christ sake isn't this government tired of lying . So it's not palliatives anymore, it's now raw food given to parents. Besides who has listened to Harrysong Audio donation where he blasted Lai Muhammad and the government??. I really love that song.

4 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by Euegene100001: 2:47pm On May 27, 2020
grin we hear
Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by Prophet777: 2:47pm On May 27, 2020
The fund earmaked for the project has been mismanaged or have been consumed by a snake...

Exactly the main reason why they are fighting tooth and nail to continue with the programme when the children were still at home.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by directonpc(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2020
Na wa oo. Na by force to chop?
Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by NwaNimo1(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2020
I need moni for kerosine, firewood and meat!
Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by mamaafrik(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2020
If you have pure (no stain)milk,white felspar rock in large quantities within ogun,ondo state,ibadan,igbo-ora axis kindly reach me on 08137297425
Re: Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home by Marine54(m): 2:48pm On May 27, 2020
Buhari is taking every Nigerian as an average Aboki that can be decieve and brainwash easily !

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Is Better Than Tinubu – Nigerians Cry Out As Rising Cost Of Living Bites / 8th Assembly: Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others Failed To Retire N73.5bn Running Cost / Mala Mai Buni: Why APC Will Win Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.