Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Edo 2020: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Gov – Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Gov – Obaseki (369 Views)

No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki / Customs Closes Gate To Stop Oyo Govt From Returning 1,800 Bags Of Rice (pics) / No Matter What Happen This Saturday, Buhari Won't Be Returning As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Gov – Obaseki by marviebeacon: 8:48pm On May 27, 2020
Godwin Obaseki says no man can stop him from returning as the Governor of Edo State.
He said this amid internal crisis rocking the All Progressives Congress in Edo State ahead of the June 22 governorship election in the state.

Speaking on Channels Television‘s Sunrise Daily on Wednesday, Obaseki expressed confidence that he would secure a return ticket.

He said, “I am not a violent person. But I am confident that the way I got into power is the same way I will return.

“God gave me power. If he wants me to return I will continue. No man can stop me. Power comes from God.”

Obaseki also denied claims that his ambition to return as governor would be hindered by inadequate “resources”.

He said, “I have friends with resources. I worked for eight years behind the scene before I became governor.

“So all that insinuations about using somebody’s resources…I became Governor on the platform of the party and I am grateful for it.

“It does not matter whether it is direct or indirect (primaries), I will win.”

Appealing for peace in the state, the governor warned that there should be no bloodshed over an election.

He said:

“We have always canvassed for peace. What are the issues in Edo and what are the issues that cannot be resolved in a democracy. Our concern is to use the resources of the people to develop the state.

“This shouldn’t lead to bloodshed. We will not accept to be cowed and intimidated because some people think that they can manipulate rules and cut corners.”

A faction of the APC loyal to the National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole, had picked Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, as its consensus aspirant for the election.

Ize-Iyamu had also obtained the governorship poll nomination form of the APC in Abuja.

https://www.marvelzglobe.info/2020/05/edo-2020-no-man-can-stop-me-from.html?m=1
Re: Edo 2020: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Gov – Obaseki by chatinent: 8:54pm On May 27, 2020
It's sadly true. They all have godfathers.
Re: Edo 2020: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Gov – Obaseki by BranddesignerH: 8:55pm On May 27, 2020
Hnmm
Re: Edo 2020: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Gov – Obaseki by Kosoco(m): 8:58pm On May 27, 2020
All The Best
Re: Edo 2020: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Gov – Obaseki by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 27, 2020
I just watched politics today with Seun and Pst. Iyamu and this is my takeaway:

1. Both Iyamu and Obaseki do not totally acknowledge the power of the party members in the primaries but somehow seem to believe a man-know-man or rigging stance will help win at the primaries.
Re: Edo 2020: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Gov – Obaseki by Evergreen4(m): 9:02pm On May 27, 2020
Keeping my hands Akimbo and watching how things unfold. I tenaciously believe that Obaseki will clinch the ticket . He has performed well and deserves a second term
Re: Edo 2020: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Gov – Obaseki by Flyingngel(m): 9:04pm On May 27, 2020
How Obaseki want to maneuver and get the ticket from Oshomole hand will be miracle of the 21st century.
Re: Edo 2020: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Gov – Obaseki by hotseat: 9:39pm On May 27, 2020
Ok
Re: Edo 2020: No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Gov – Obaseki by SoftP(m): 10:29pm On May 27, 2020
Ize iyAmu has won already

(1) (Reply)

' Don't Allow Bloodshed' -primate Ayodele Warns Obaseki, Oshiomhole / Edo 2020: All Those Opposing Obaseki Will Soon Bow Before Him- Ex-Speaker Adjoto / Senate Approves Nominees For Federal Character Commission Amidst ‘lopsidedness’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.