Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Living With A Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With A Friend (1246 Views)

Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / Living With My Married Elder Sister / Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living With A Friend by Morningstar12: 11:07pm On May 27, 2020
Hello guys please i need your advice on this.

Since last year I've been making plans with a close friend of mine of moving to the city and getting an apartment together.. But my friend is the kind who our interests varies.
For example, I prefer more foreign and educational contents, I do listen to indigenous stuffs as well as long as it's impactful. I love to read, learn, explore, create. I do that mostly when I'm alone because I'm introverted and cherish my privacy. he's the kind who loves to watch your typical Nollywood drama, listen to local contents, doesn't read, can't engage in sophisticated discussions, timid and not willing to learn or grow beyond what he knows. Although he's humble and we get along just fine and even do the same kind of skilled work. We work together most times.

But I'm having second thoughts moving with him because I don't want anything to come between our friendship. What I plan to do is to move with him to the city. we can get an apartment next to each other in the city because I think we both want our privacy and don't want anything to trample on that. Initially we plan to get a flat together or a two room self contain but I prefer each other rent a self contain separately but could be in the same building or not far from each other. Because I'd love to keep our friendship alive while we both hustle together. What do you guys think?
Re: Living With A Friend by id4sho(m): 11:10pm On May 27, 2020
live alone if you can, CHEERS

6 Likes

Re: Living With A Friend by Vyzz: 11:20pm On May 27, 2020
grin
Re: Living With A Friend by crackland: 11:30pm On May 27, 2020
Morningstar12:

For example, I prefer more foreign and educational contents, I do listen to indigenous stuffs as well as long as it's impactful. I love to read, learn, explore, create. I do that mostly when I'm alone because I'm introverted and cherish my privacy. he's the kind who loves to watch your typical Nollywood drama, listen to local contents, doesn't read, can't engage in sophisticated discussions, timid and not willing to learn or grow beyond what he knows.
If you can't handle sharing a living space with a guy who is given to such things as above, how do you expect to cope while living with a typical Nigerian woman when you do get married? cheesy

I believe there are more important personal reasons for your decision than you have provided here.

6 Likes

Re: Living With A Friend by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:32pm On May 27, 2020
if he is your friend then why would you care about what he likes to listen to? each have your room and can do what you please there...

it will cheaper and easier for you to move to a new city, so long as you understand to respect one another's space.
Re: Living With A Friend by yanabasee1(m): 12:07am On May 28, 2020
Whether you maintained the friendship today and avoid cracking it by living together... Know that you can't stop what is there to happen....

I had a best friend and shared all my tidings together and believe me.... We are just friends today and we are just cool with it....

You wouldn't know him better if you two don't get to share a room together and still stay friends....

But Sha.... you have to make the call... and wear the cap that fits ..
Re: Living With A Friend by CsRockefeller(m): 12:29am On May 28, 2020
If you are not comfortable with sharing an apartment with him, then don't proceed.

A friend of mine told me that I can't squat with him because he is about to get married. People are putting themselves first these days, don't be scared to put yourself first.

But what my friend did still dey pain me, it's not like he is getting married anytime soon, and I just need a temporary place close to work pending the end of this lockdown. I accommodated him in school sha.
Re: Living With A Friend by frozen70(f): 3:06am On May 28, 2020
Morningstar12:

Since last year I've been making plans with a close friend of mine of moving to the city and getting an apartment together.. But my friend is the kind who our interests varies.
For example, I prefer more foreign and educational contents, I do listen to indigenous stuffs as well as long as it's impactful. I love to read, learn, explore, create. I do that mostly when I'm alone because I'm introverted and cherish my privacy. he's the kind who loves to watch your typical Nollywood drama, listen to local contents, doesn't read, can't engage in sophisticated discussions, timid and not willing to learn or grow beyond what he knows. Although he's humble and we get along just fine and even do the same kind of skilled work. We work together most times.

But I'm having second thoughts moving with him because I don't want anything to come between our friendship. What I plan to do is to move with him to the city. we can get an apartment next to each other in the city because I think we both want our privacy and don't want anything to trample on that. Initially we plan to get a flat together or a two room self contain but I prefer each other rent a self contain separately but could be in the same building or not far from each other. Because I'd love to keep our friendship alive while we both hustle together. What do you guys think?

It's a good idea

Get your apartments separate by distance from each other

You have different goals and lifestyle

Staying separately remains the best

1 Like

Re: Living With A Friend by Nobody: 4:10am On May 28, 2020
Follow the above advice from @Frozen70.
Re: Living With A Friend by Oluromantic: 4:44am On May 28, 2020
From the day you marry your wife, you will know you can live with anything. Even you won't believe it's you tolerating some mundane things

4 Likes

Re: Living With A Friend by frozen70(f): 9:38am On May 28, 2020
aeion:
Follow the above advice from @Frozen70.

Thanks acknowledged
Re: Living With A Friend by Mariangeles(f): 10:00am On May 28, 2020
Oluromantic:
From the day you marry your wife, you will know you can live with anything. Even you won't believe it's you tolerating some mundane things

You'd be even more surprise what trash your wife tolerates from you

Why do all guys believe they're intelligent? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Living With A Friend by Hathor5(f): 10:03am On May 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

You'd be even more surprise what trash your wife tolerates from you

Why do all guys believe they're intelligent? undecided

Good question. cheesy
Re: Living With A Friend by Mariangeles(f): 10:19am On May 28, 2020
Hathor5:

Good question. cheesy

The sh!t women put up with...

1 Like

Re: Living With A Friend by Bola146(f): 4:48pm On May 28, 2020
Kindly follow your instinct. You know better than anyone
Re: Living With A Friend by kingthreat(m): 5:50pm On May 28, 2020
Morningstar12:

I advice this
Rent a mini-flat, one of you should choose the parlour, while the other chooses the room
Or rent a two-bedroom, have separate rooms.
If your friendship is meant to be, y'all will grow stronger. If otherwise, y'all will separate.
Re: Living With A Friend by Lordfranklin(m): 8:19pm On May 28, 2020
Well if you ask me i'd say you two can hardly stay together given the 'decisive' tone you cited your reasons with.
If you have the means to both stay independently, it's best you get on with it.
Trust me, you two will be better off that way for the safety of your friendship.

(1) (Reply)

What I Need To Know About Relocating To Abuja / Why Do Nigerian Men In Diaspora Come Back Home To Marry Wife / What Are My Chances Of Dating Her ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.