Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Why 2go Messenger Died - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why 2go Messenger Died (5762 Views)

How To Do Fake Video Call On Facebook Messenger / Vice-Principal Calls Out Student Who ‘Disrespected’ Him On Messenger (Photo) / Photos From The Burial Of UNIZIK Graduate Who Died Few Weeks Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why 2go Messenger Died by jukekeocha: 11:48pm On May 27, 2020
2go was bigger than Facebook in Nigeria with over 12 million users from Nigeria while Facebook had 6.5 Million users in 2012 - Apps africa

It was the hottest app, everyone was using it, if you were not on 2go you were not a cool kid, I got my first feature phone (java phone) around 2008, and was instantly addicted to the app.

The funny part was I didn't even create a new account, I bought a used phone, when I opened the 2go app, I found the previous owners account and just started using it. Looking at the craze that surrounded the 2go app back then, it could have been the first African owned successful social network, well. It was for five years, but after that it became a child's app

Everyone says WhatsApp killed 2go, what they don't know is that...........................................
Continue reading Why 2go messenger died

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by OmoOduduwa01: 11:57pm On May 27, 2020
@OP, I really like your right up, my own point of view is that......

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Vyzz: 11:59pm On May 27, 2020
grin

2 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Promotions: 12:01am On May 28, 2020
The write up was making sense then ........

35 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Blitz4real(m): 12:04am On May 28, 2020
2go that year,na wa oo

2 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by dkdmy: 12:26am On May 28, 2020
2go lives on ..........

2 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by ObaOfUyo: 12:36am On May 28, 2020
2go girls around my area,
I straf dem tire grin

9 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Ilefoaye(m): 2:03am On May 28, 2020
Op you need to.....

8 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by meobizy(f): 2:24am On May 28, 2020
After reading the article, all I have to say is...

28 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by sonofanarchy(m): 2:52am On May 28, 2020
after reading the half baked story,I decided not to.......

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by OsuMustGo: 3:10am On May 28, 2020
Well, I saw it coming when Mr. Kunle the app owner said....

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Nobody: 5:08am On May 28, 2020
Seun say make Una ....

20 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by seunlayi(m): 5:39am On May 28, 2020
I suggest a mod should just delete the thread and give the op a long................

25 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Minsk24: 5:42am On May 28, 2020
I miss 2go....
Instant Messaging at its best...

6 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Davash222(m): 5:42am On May 28, 2020
You guys here are just............

16 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Yustash001(m): 6:30am On May 28, 2020
I remember when we used to compete for who to attain ultimate first ....as if it's a degree

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Xclusiveme: 6:36am On May 28, 2020
Remember those days when master was the last star and a new........

14 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Lorechino(m): 6:49am On May 28, 2020
So Op e don reach you like this ba ?

We no wan read more , before we go see blue film for ur blog

3 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by BrightAhiah(m): 6:57am On May 28, 2020
I love this thread like mad, even the OP said it all when he......

La click, la ur father left scrutum

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Dayoebe(m): 7:03am On May 28, 2020
it was Unfortunate, the most important advantage of using the app is that...

11 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by satelliteDISH(m): 7:06am On May 28, 2020
BrightAhiah:
I love this thread like mad, even the OP said it all when he......

La click, la ur father left scrutum

Thunder should also visit his father right scrutum grin grin join because the op is................. Mm

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by imiski(m): 7:07am On May 28, 2020
Like the op said 2go was a very popular app then, I think the reason it got out of fashion was... www.laclicklabend.com

10 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by DesChyko: 7:13am On May 28, 2020
I saw this on facebook OP.
I hope you didn't just steal from that group

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by traihit: 7:20am On May 28, 2020
Nairalanders are really funny lots. Imagine all these....

17 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Vulcanheph(m): 7:27am On May 28, 2020
Op why didn't you complete it now, the one major reason why the app died was because, the developers couldn't come up with.....

grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Karleb(m): 7:29am On May 28, 2020
2go died the same way Blackberry and Nokia died, lack of innovation.

Who even noticed how yahoo email has been usurped by gmail? If you refuse to move forward, the whole world will leave you behind.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by rottable(m): 7:38am On May 28, 2020
I also like 2go then but ......

7 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by illicit(m): 7:39am On May 28, 2020
Yes but why didnt 2go....

2 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by falcon01: 7:46am On May 28, 2020
The most important about the 2go was the scandal which....

6 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:48am On May 28, 2020
I met a girl on 2go then she visited me and one thing led to the other and ..........
After then we prayed and .......
Later she missed her................
and we ...................

12 Likes

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by ElRapido: 7:55am On May 28, 2020
Everyone says WhatsApp killed 2go, what they don't know is that WhatsApp actually launched two years after 2go launched, and 2go reigned three more years while WhatsApp watched . WhatsApp only became the goto app in Africa after Android became popular in Africa, 2go failed to evolve, they just ported their featured phone (java phone) app into an Android shell and launched

2go then they failed to include media, WhatsApp allowed people to share photos, allowed people to create groups for free unlike 2go rooms which you have no control over and you still have to buy gocredit to access

It took a while, but then everyone made a switch

The thing about social networking is we need each other for a community to thrive, if all my friends are on WhatsApp I got to be on WhatsApp to connect with them, when I log into 2go and find nobody I'll leave, check them out on WhatsApp, after a while I stopped checking 2go, after a while I uninstalled the app

This is the same reason Telegram is not the default messaging app in Africa, people are used to WhatsApp, all our friends and family are on WhatsApp, bro you've got to give us free internet access for us to switch over, no kidding.

2go refused to pivot also, WhatsApp now has status, because without that people won't access the app unless they have messages, they want to keep you engaged, they want to give you a reason to open the app even when you haven't received a message notification. If only 2go had added a user feed, or a media status like that of WhatsApp, maybe it would have been a different story.

Would have made me feel good that my brothers from SA made a really popular social app.

Today all of Africa's social spaces are controlled by the western world, they know everything about us, even more than our government does. Yes, Facebook knows where you are now, your government doesn't even know where you currently live, they have no recent photo of you.

2go is that great fallen Iroko tree.

33 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Corps Member Causes Stir With Her Choice Of Outfit At Camp (VIDEO) / Nassarawa University Keffi, Admission List Out. / No Cult Clash In YABATECH, Management Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.