Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:44 PM

Why 2go Messenger Died - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why 2go Messenger Died (5877 Views)

WAEC Result: How Jacob Elijah Kelechi Died After Exams / How To Do Fake Video Call On Facebook Messenger / Vice-Principal Calls Out Student Who ‘Disrespected’ Him On Messenger (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Degrezhaa: 5:05pm On May 28, 2020
Nairaland no go kill person oh
and me i thought the OP was...........
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by TUANKU(m): 5:14pm On May 28, 2020
Karleb:
2go died the same way Blackberry and Nokia died, lack of innovation.

Who even noticed how yahoo email has been usurped by gmail? If you refuse to move forward, the whole world will leave you behind.
Nokia is dead?
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Bluehill1051: 5:19pm On May 28, 2020
I got to Ultimate on 2go sha. My 2go was full version, linked Facebook and mxit to mine n was using Nokia e5 that time
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Ekemeze: 5:38pm On May 28, 2020
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by adams406: 5:41pm On May 28, 2020
It was a really cool app at the time,but then there was the issue of bad guys using it to lure Nd rape girls,at de time dere were loads of 2go rape videos posted up
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by ashawopikin(m): 5:59pm On May 28, 2020
I miss 2go sha, I remember that time when........

1 Like

Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by skimena: 6:31pm On May 28, 2020
OP u just wasted my .............................
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Yahman1(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2020
Ekemeze:

grin well, you have proven my point already. thank u ebot unam
Afia ufiop inua mfed mfo do tongue
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by OmoOduduwa01: 6:56pm On May 28, 2020
sisisioge:

You're crazzzsseee grin grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Queenyprinxex(f): 7:14pm On May 28, 2020
OmoOduduwa01:
@OP, I really like your right up, my own point of view is that......

Mehd ooooo. grin grin grin
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Airoflaw(m): 7:16pm On May 28, 2020
Dat tone is sounding in my head now...
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Efisko1(m): 7:31pm On May 28, 2020
Yahman1:

Afia ufiop inua mfed mfo do tongue
ifod ke adiohhhh

Ata ibag
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Karleb(m): 8:25pm On May 28, 2020
TUANKU:

Nokia is dead?

If you knew Nokia when Nokia was Nokia, you would know that Nokia is dead!
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Harry00(m): 8:37pm On May 28, 2020
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Yahman1(m): 8:38pm On May 28, 2020
Efisko1:
ifod ke adiohhhh

Ata ibag
Nko afo ke mpep ifod tongue
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 28, 2020
ObaOfUyo:
2go girls around my area,
I straf dem tire grin
You wanted your energy and money undecided
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by photon3106: 10:18pm On May 28, 2020
ElRapido:
Everyone says WhatsApp killed 2go, what they don't know is that WhatsApp actually launched two years after 2go launched, and 2go reigned three more years while WhatsApp watched . WhatsApp only became the goto app in Africa after Android became popular in Africa, 2go failed to evolve, they just ported their featured phone (java phone) app into an Android shell and launched

2go then they failed to include media, WhatsApp allowed people to share photos, allowed people to create groups for free unlike 2go rooms which you have no control over and you still have to buy gocredit to access

It took a while, but then everyone made a switch

The thing about social networking is we need each other for a community to thrive, if all my friends are on WhatsApp I got to be on WhatsApp to connect with them, when I log into 2go and find nobody I'll leave, check them out on WhatsApp, after a while I stopped checking 2go, after a while I uninstalled the app

This is the same reason Telegram is not the default messaging app in Africa, people are used to WhatsApp, all our friends and family are on WhatsApp, bro you've got to give us free internet access for us to switch over, no kidding.

2go refused to pivot also, WhatsApp now has status, because without that people won't access the app unless they have messages, they want to keep you engaged, they want to give you a reason to open the app even when you haven't received a message notification. If only 2go had added a user feed, or a media status like that of WhatsApp, maybe it would have been a different story.

Would have made me feel good that my brothers from SA made a really popular social app.

Today all of Africa's social spaces are controlled by the western world, they know everything about us, even more than our government does. Yes, Facebook knows where you are now, your government doesn't even know where you currently live, they have no recent photo of you.

2go is that great fallen Iroko tree.

Thank you for completing what the .............. OP wouldn't complete.

OP started well in his writeup but his submission took after 2go when ............
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Tohsynetita1: 11:28pm On May 28, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAGuoVgM1co
In case you have junior who has been having issues in getting or solving lautech post utme math questions, one is available for such person.
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by TUANKU(m): 8:51am On May 29, 2020
Karleb:

If you knew Nokia when Nokia was Nokia, you would know that Nokia is dead!
So you already conclude that i don't know Nokia.
Re: Why 2go Messenger Died by Karleb(m): 10:04am On May 29, 2020
TUANKU:

So you already conclude that i don't know Nokia.

undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Earn On Nairahub / Pre Degree Or Diploma Forms / General Secretary Vs. Secretary General Vs. Permanent Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.