Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth (6115 Views)

Prominent Obidient, Sarah Ibrahim Invited By Police For Questioning / Ahmed Idris: ASUU Queried Accountant-General’s Source Of Wealth Last Year / Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 4:22am On May 28, 2020
In the land of the poverty and corruption capital of the world- the one eye man called "money" is king. A land that produces overnight billionaire's within the shortest possible time, who live like Kings and Queens and are hailed by the poverty stricken populace.

However, one question never asked is what is the source of these overnight billionaires and so called businessmen wealth. They can't point to a single manufacturing plant where workers manufacture goods or operate machines processing one product into another or any proprietary technology or patent.

Where did they get the capital or breakthrough that turned them to overnight billionaires with an expensive car collection that will make Floyd Mayweather green with envy or a private jet that will will make Cristiano Ronaldo feel inadequate.

In Nigeria the end justifies the means. And no question is ever asked if the wealth was acquired through legal means. Nigeria has few role models like Linda Ikeji who can point out how they were able to acquire their wealth without inflated government contracts,tax evasion,favoritism through arbitrary award of oil blocks and oil lifting contracts and other financial crimes.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by tellwisdom: 4:41am On May 28, 2020
Haha..I laff in kwaroption

2 Likes

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Biofil84(m): 4:41am On May 28, 2020
My dear this is Nigeria not some developed advanced country were one can easily investigate source wealth conveniently..

4 Likes

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 4:54am On May 28, 2020
Fiction!
Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by YorubaKing: 5:52am On May 28, 2020
Dem no go ever listen, dem go tag you ss jealous. That's what happens in a society where >90% are mentally deranged.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by traihit: 6:24am On May 28, 2020
No...that time is not now. They'd rather be wishing they were the one with such opulent display of questionable wealth. We are too materialistic as a people and materialism blinds people's senses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by risos(m): 6:35am On May 28, 2020
Better start questioning the source of your poverty. Personally I think anyone in their shoes would love the life they are living cos you know you are really blessed.
It probably generational blessings working on them and generational curse working on the rest of poor Nigerians.
These guys are very spiritually healthy, they are not religious like the rest of the bunch.
God just give me my own earth make I run things, I know everything is possible with you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by budaatum: 6:39am On May 28, 2020
There was this wealthy man who lived on Osinbajo Close in Obanikoro close to Bola Adewunmi Street where I once lived. People said his wife was in a cupboard, and every time he needed money, he just had to call her name and money fell from her mouth. I asked them how they knew this, if, when he called his wife's name he invited them in to watch, but they told me how ignorant I was and I should shut the fuq up.

What they didn't know was the man who lived on Osinbajo Close was a hard working lawyer who would go on to become the Vice President of Nigeria.

Op, you may not be rich, yet, but does any one have the right to ask where you get your money from? Would you like people to have that right?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by realstars: 6:51am On May 28, 2020
This is what blood money members will not like to heare.

3 Likes

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by noleflendum: 6:55am On May 28, 2020
Pigs didn't complain when E-money was delaying his ill gotten wealth on social Media
They should leave Arewa Boys alone

Meanwhile cry cry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by illicit(m): 6:57am On May 28, 2020
Tell EFCC to stop going after Yahoo boys, they don't steal govt money....
Don't mention me, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 7:07am On May 28, 2020
noleflendum:
Pigs didn't complain when E-money was delaying his ill gotten wealth on social Media
They should leave Arewa Boys alone

Meanwhile cry cry
You missed my point brah and went into your primitive tribal mode. People like E-money are included with people with unaccountable wealth and the category of overnight billionaires. Nigeria produces the most overnight billionaires that you can't trace the source of their wealth. We know how Richard Branson,Floyd Mayweather,Cristiano Ronaldo,Bill Gates,Mark Zuckerberg and Warren Buffet made their wealth. Can the same be said of Nigeria's overnight billionaires that wake up one day to start airlines,banks,oil companies and shipping companies? Remember $600 billlion has been looted from the country since 1960 and money laundering needed to be done to turn the dirty money clean by generals and politicians.

4 Likes

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by MetaPhysical: 7:11am On May 28, 2020
grin grin grin
This arewa show off is condemnable and has no place in society. I do not subscribe to rich and well to do people to flaunt their fortune. Its ok if they own expensive cars, expensive homes and dress in rich fabrics. This is ok, in fact they should!..... but the arrogance that went with it should be condemned, it is not good.

Having said that,....appears Ibos have benn in severe pain over this public display.

People that brag about billionaires in every street of Anambra, unable to appreciate the swag of a billionaire on roll. grin

Tufiakwa!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 7:12am On May 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
In the land of the poverty and corruption capital of the world- the one eye man called "money" is king. A land that produces overnight billionaire's within the shortest possible time, who live like Kings and Queens and are hailed by the poverty stricken populace.

However, one question never asked is what is the source of these overnight billionaires and so called businessmen wealth. They can't point to a single manufacturing plant where workers manufacture goods or operate machines processing one product into another or any proprietary technology or patent.

Where did they get the capital or breakthrough that turned them to overnight billionaires with an expensive car collection that will make Floyd Mayweather green with envy or a private jet that will will make Cristiano Ronaldo feel small.

In Nigeria the end justifies the means. And no question is ever asked if the wealth was acquired through legal means. Nigeria has few role models like Linda Ikeji who can point out how they were able to acquire their wealth without inflated government contracts,tax evasion,favoritism thorough arbitrary award of oil blocks and oil lifting contracts and other financial crimes.

Also investigate their source of poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 7:16am On May 28, 2020
traihit:
No...that time is not now. They'd rather be wishing they were the one with such opulent display of questionable wealth. We are too materialistic as a people and materialism blinds people's senses.
Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 7:18am On May 28, 2020
budaatum:
There was this wealthy man who lived on Osinbajo Close in Obanikoro close to Bola Adewunmi Street where I once lived. People said his wife was in a cupboard, and every time he needed money, he just had to call her name and money fell from her mouth. I asked them how they knew this, if, when he called his wife's name he invited them in to watch, but they told me how ignorant I was and I should shut the fuq up.

What they didn't know was the man who lived on Osinbajo Close was a hard working lawyer who would go on to become the Vice President of Nigeria.

Op, you may not be rich, yet, but does any one have the right to ask where you get your money from? Would you like people to have that right?
Politics in other climes is a call to service and not an avenue to become wealthy. Just because he became a Commissioner and later Vice-President shoudn't have changed his fortunes based on the salaries and allowances earned while in office and abiding by civil service rules of not engaging in private business.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 7:30am On May 28, 2020
realstars:
This is what blood money members will not like to heare.

2 Likes

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 7:51am On May 28, 2020
MetaPhysical:
grin grin grin
This arewa show off is condemnable and has no place in society. I do not subscribe to rich and well to do people to flaunt their fortune. Its ok if they own expensive cars, expensive homes and dress in rich fabrics. This is ok, in fact they should!..... but the arrogance that went with it should be condemned, it is not good.

Having said that,....appears Ibos have benn in severe pain over this public display.

People that brag about billionaires in every street of Anambra, unable to appreciate the swag of a billionaire on roll. grin

Tufiakwa!
I am Yoruba clown!

7 Likes

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 7:57am On May 28, 2020
YorubaKing:
Dem no go ever listen, dem go tag you ss jealous. That's what happens in a society where >90% are mentally deranged.
It is called Stockholm Syndrome- it occurs when hostages or abuse victims bond with their captors or abusers.

2 Likes

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Sammy07: 7:58am On May 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I am Yoruba clown!

Your post make sense, but it seems you're an hypocrite.

You didn't made this post when Anambra people display their wealth like e-money and those Cubana priest.

Why is it that when arrewa made their own post, you decided to bring yours?

Even, this is the first time they will be bringing up their wealth, but you didn't question the Yorubas, Igbos and other tribes whenever they brought theirs.

So, they call it hypocrisy.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by falcon01: 8:03am On May 28, 2020
don't waste your time, it's fake life the few that own the cars are The government thieves while their friends just go and snap pictures in the other ones garage but Majority are very very pooor

1 Like

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Top1gun: 8:11am On May 28, 2020
So why can't your cursed soul post Emoney's picture in the article

RuudVanNisteroy:

You missed my point brah and went into your primitive tribal mode. People like E-money are included with people with unaccountable wealth and the category of overnight billionaires. Nigeria produces the most overnight billionaires that you can't trace the source of their wealth. We know how Richard Branson,Floyd Mayweather,Cristiano Ronaldo,Bill Gates,Mark Zuckerberg and Warren Buffet made their wealth. Can the same be said of Nigeria's overnight billionaires that wake up one day to start airlines,banks,oil companies and shipping companies? Remember $600 billlion has been looted from the country since 1960 and money laundering needed to be done to turn the dirty money clean by generals and politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Top1gun: 8:17am On May 28, 2020
I will believe when Orji Kalu Peter Obi Ekeweremadu Zik n Ojkulwu dead body n every other ex n serving elected official in Igboland are languishing in jail then we can talk about others.

RuudVanNisteroy:

Politics in other climes is a call to service and not an avenue to become wealthy. Just because he became a Commissioner and later Vice-President shoudn't have changed his fortunes based on the salaries and allowances earned while in office and abiding by civil service rules of not engaging in private business.

2 Likes

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by delpee(f): 8:51am On May 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

He was a successful lawyer before he became a Commissioner.

1 Like

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Vyzz: 8:55am On May 28, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Yorubasareslave: 9:02am On May 28, 2020
There is nothing to question. There source of wealth is in the public domain. The average northern politician does not know the meaning of corruption. He uses the government funds at his disposal the way he likes without minding the consequences. According to him government money is meant to be spent. This practice of using government money without accounting for it has been going on for ages for example during the era of Barkin Zuwo of Kano State where in his words government money suppose dey for government house. The worst part of this is that their gullible citizens are happy with the status quo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by iceboy4752(m): 9:35am On May 28, 2020
Nonsense!
You should start by questioning the likes of E-Money and Hushpupi who you praise on social media. It's necessary some of you know that not all billionaires or millionaires in the north are politicians. Some are entrepreneurs who worked hard while you were busy commenting "this puna go sweet oh" on a celebrity's nude photo on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by cheesmooth(m): 9:37am On May 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Roma10: 9:44am On May 28, 2020
Just a matter of time don't worry E go reach everybody¿

1 Like

Re: Time For Nigerians To Start Questioning People's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 28, 2020
Sammy07:

[s]Your post make sense, but it seems you're an hypocrite.

You didn't made this post when Anambra people display their wealth like e-money and those Cubana priest.

Why is it that when arrewa made their own post, you decided to bring yours?

Even, this is the first time they will be bringing up their wealth, but you didn't question the Yorubas, Igbos and other tribes whenever they brought theirs.

So, they call it hypocrisy. [/s]
Read the post again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Announcement To All Non Indigene Living In Ikorodu / German Government Not Happy With Buhari / Olawepo Hashim Explained Why CBN Has Failed To Grow Nigeria’s Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.