Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,709 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) - Religion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (74177 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2012

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
[size=13pt]
+ It is pride - and the fear of humiliation [shame] that keeps one from repenting even when they know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have sinned against [mistreated] another. But truly I say to you, if they will simply take a step of faith [love and obedience] and trust in Me - asking forgiveness from those that they have transgressed against - THEN they shall soon see that not only will they NOT experience humiliation [shame] but they will allow Me to restore all that needs to be restored. And, thus, they will be set on the perfect path that I have for them and enter into the fullness of their true "Kingdom-position" and destiny, in Christ. Truly I say to you, when one becomes aware of ANY fear within them then the best course of action is to confront that fear immediately [and head on] in obedience and, thus, shall they crush Satan's schemes against them thoroughly - and the "ground" that held them in bondage previously will be removed, forever. Is it not written, "Perfect love casts out all fear"? Truly I say to you, perfect obedience will ALWAYS bring forth the necessary confrontation in one's heart, and every ground of fear shall be both exposed and consumed - leading to one entering into the place of "abiding" in My Perfect Love.

"transgress" - to violate a law [principle], command; sin against; [/size]

...."Everyone who commits (practices) sin is guilty of lawlessness; for [that is what] sin is, lawlessness (the breaking, violating of God's law by transgression or neglect - being unrestrained and unregulated by His commands and His will)".... 1 John 3:4 The Amplified Translation

...."Fear not, for you will not be put to shame; And do not feel humiliated, for you will not be disgraced".... Isaiah 54:4 NASB

...."There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection]".... 1 John 4:18 The Amplified Translation
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:35pm On Oct 13, 2012
Right Now!
October 11, 2012.

"Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy." (1 Peter 2:10).

There are many wonderful things awaiting us in heaven if we have trusted Christ for our salvation. "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him" (1 Corinthians 2:9).

But there are also many wonderful gifts and privileges we have right now. In the first place, we already have eternal salvation. "Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2). That means also that we are free from any condemnation at the judgment. "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1).

We have already been justified--that is, declared righteous with the righteousness of Christ Himself. "Being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him" (Romans 5:9). "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested . . . Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ" (Romans 3:21-22). As our text says: we right "now have obtained mercy" and right now are "the people of God" (1 Peter 2:10).

The apostle John confirms this glorious truth in a beautiful passage. "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him" (1 John 3:2).

Finally, we have the wonderful assurance that our Lord Jesus right now is praying for us. For Christ is entered into heaven itself, "now to appear in the presence of God for us" (Hebrews 9:24) and there He "ever liveth to make intercession" (Hebrews 7:25) for all those who have placed their faith in Him as their Saviour and Lord. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:38pm On Oct 13, 2012
Deliverance from Fear
October 12, 2012.

"I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." (Psalm 34:4).

There are many things in such a world as ours that can bring fear into human hearts--fear of want, fear of war, fear of rejection, fear of the dark, and a multitude of others. Some fears are rational, some are foolish, but all are very serious to those who experience them.

The good news of the gospel, however, can set us free from every fear. Remember that fear entered the world when sin entered the world. "I was afraid," Adam explained, when God found him hiding in the garden after eating the forbidden fruit (Genesis 3:10). The second reference to fear in the Bible, on the other hand, was when "the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward" (Genesis 15:1). The Lord protects us and provides for us; we have His Word and need "fear no evil" (Psalm 23:4).

At least 19 times in the New Testament we hear the words "fear not" or "be not afraid" on the lips of Christ. Whenever phobias beset us or fears discourage us, deliverance is ours when we seek the Lord. Then "we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me" (Hebrews 13:6). Even if we must sometimes "suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled" (1 Peter 3:14).

Perhaps the greatest fear of all is the fear of death, but the Lord delivers us even from this fear, for He has conquered death. In His glorified body, He has said, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death" (Revelation 1:17-18). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:09am On Oct 15, 2012
[size=13pt]
A pastor was traveling Last week, he saw an old man, and gave him a lift. While they were going, the old man said; my son, do you know what happened in Heaven last night?
The pastor was so terrified and hurriedly parked and asked; Sir, are you sleeping? How did you get the information about Heaven? The Old man said; last night in Heaven God became very angry with man and asked the Angels to blow the trumpet. The angels picked up the trumpets and as they were about to blow it Jesus fell down and began to plead in tears. The blood that came out of His hands and body were very fresh. He told God that His death shouldn't be in vain. God couldn't stand the pains of the saints and the wickedness of the evil ones. So He said; "AM GIVING THEM THEIR LAST CHANCE.". Jesus then turned to the angels and told them to move down in their numerous numbers to tell the world that "THE END IS NEAR, JESUS IS COMING VERY SOON". The pastor (sweating and crying) asked; sir, how did you know this?. The OLD MAN replied; I am one of the Angels sent to the World. Please use every medium of communication to send this message. No time to waste, Please! And the old man disappeared. Brethren, this story is real, Christ is coming Soon. Please REPENT. I beg of you. Please pass this message round. Copy and paste it, share it, call, email and text it. PLEASE SAVE A SOUL TODAY. Have done my part, it's now your turn to spread the Gospel. No wealth can be compared to life everlasting in Heaven. DON'T IGNORE[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52am On Oct 15, 2012
Recognising the Son of God
October 13, 2012.

"For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (2 Peter 1:17).

Most people today consider Jesus Christ to have been a great man, but will not believe He is the unique Son of God. Nevertheless, He is indeed God's only begotten Son.

Before His birth, the angel Gabriel predicted it. "That holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God" (Luke 1:35). John the Baptist identified Him: "And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God" (John 1:34). His disciples recognized Him. "Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God" (John 1:49). "Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matthew 16:16). John said that the very purpose of his gospel was to demonstrate "that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God" (John 20:31). After Christ's resurrection, even Thomas exclaimed, "My LORD and my God" (John 20:28 ).

The powers of darkness grudgingly acknowledged who He was: "And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God" (Mark 3:11). Even the centurion who supervised His crucifixion had to confess, "Truly this was the Son of God" (Matthew 27:54). Most important of all was the testimony of God the Father from heaven to Christ's Sonship, both at His baptism (e.g., Mark 1:11) and on the Mount of Transfiguration, as Peter records in our text.

Therefore it is necessary for our salvation that we also believe this. "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18 ). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2012
Summing up Submission
October 14, 2012.

"Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble." (1 Peter 5:5).

Although this book was written to Christians during a time of horrible persecution, much of it is concerned with submission. Believers are to submit to the government (2:13-17); slaves to their masters (2:18-20); wives to their husbands (3:1-6); husbands to their wives (3:7); and each one to the other, as in our text, in just the same way Christ submitted to God’s plan for His suffering and death (2:21-25).

A summary of this teaching is found in 1 Peter 3:8-12. "Be ye all of one mind" (v. 8 ), Peter tells us, and live in harmony. Paul taught, "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men" (Romans 12:18 ). There are exceptions to the rule (e.g., the primary doctrines of Scripture), but the Christian normally should not be the one to break the peace. He should do everything short of compromise to live in harmony.

Continuing (see 1 Peter 3:8 ), we should have "compassion" for others (such as the rulers, employers, and spouses mentioned). We should "love as brethren" and choose to serve rather than be served. "Pitiful" is usually translated "tenderhearted," and "courteous" implies "humble in spirit."

We should return a blessing for a curse instead of replying in kind (1 Peter 3:9). We should choose our words, use our speech carefully (v. 10), and "eschew" (i.e., avoid) evil (v. 11), actively replacing evil behaviour with good. Peace must be consciously pursued.

There is great reward in such a lifestyle and attitude. In doing so, we will "inherit a blessing" (v. 9) and "see good days" (v. 10). "For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil" (v. 12). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25am On Oct 16, 2012
Christ and the Four Thieves
October 15, 2012.

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10).

There were four thieves closely involved in the events surrounding the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus Christ. The first of these was one of His own disciples. "|Judas| was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein" (John 12:6). It was Judas, of course, who betrayed Christ, facilitating His arrest and conviction.

The second was not only a thief, but also a revolutionary and a murderer. "Barabbas . . . who had committed murder in the insurrection . . . was a robber" (Mark 15:7; John 18:40). This convicted criminal, appointed to death, was released and Jesus condemned in his stead. Thus, Barabbas benefited temporarily from Christ, receiving an unexpected and undeserved liberty because Christ was willing to go to the cross.

"Then were there two thieves crucified with him" (Matthew 27:38). Their names are not given in the Bible, but their attitudes toward Christ, and therefore their ultimate destinies, were diametrically different. One of them berated Christ, saying, "If thou be Christ, save thyself and us" (Luke 23:39).

The fourth thief, on the other hand, believed Christ, and therefore heard His saving words: "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43).

All were thieves, deserving punishment. One was a betrayer, ending his life in suicide; one was a beneficiary, though only for a time; one was a berater, destined for hell; but one was a believer, receiving salvation and eternal life. Jesus, who received the penalty for thievery, can save even the thief, for He came "that they might have life, and . . . have it more abundantly." HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:58am On Oct 16, 2012
[size=13pt] Many, whom I have called to "forerun" in this last hour have continued to hold to the religious and self-righteous [legalistic] platitudes of the church at large - not realizing that for them to make the transition into the fullness of Kingdom-living and the absolute Power of the Third Day they must lay ALL things down - even that which was the fruit of their obedience in the past. For, truly I say to you, the "old" cannot enter into the "new", and the "new wine" cannot be placed in the old wineskin [Mark 2:22]. For behold I am doing a new thing in this final hour, and it shall be the perfect consummation of every word - both written and spoken - concerning My Glorious Church. And it shall indeed be a "spotless and unblemished" Church - a sinless Church that is both covered and cleansed continually by the precious Blood of My Dear Son; a Church that seeks to do NOTHING apart from Him [Christ];[/size]

[b]...."Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her, So that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the Word, That He might present the church to Himself in glorious splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such things [that she might be holy and faultless]".... Ephesians 5:25-27 The Amplified Translation

...."He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day, that we may live before Him".... Hosea 6:2 NASB

...."Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert".... Isaiah 43:18-19 The Amplified Translation

...."If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action]".... 1 John 1:9 The Amplified Translation [/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2012
[size=13pt]The LORD's Words for Today

Dear Faithful Followers of CHRIST:

The LORD recently gave me this Word: “Love that is not passionate: is not loving.”
He continued to talk about the rote worship of the lukewarm church and how the people in the church pews during worship go through their rote routines and think about what they are preparing to eat that day or the football game they will watch later but not about the LORD.
I can’t help but to think of the passion of our LORD on the day HE gave HIS ALL on Calvary through all sorts of horror and torment.
Really what could be more passionate than for GOD above to do this for mankind?
I think then of the verse in Revelation of the stark reality of what CHRIST will do ultimately with the lukewarm church:
[/size]

[b]Revelation 3:16 (KJV): So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of MY Mouth.
With all the events of the world pointing to a near rapture, the Words I received recently from the LORD should be most troubling to you if you are not focused on HIM. The LORD said to me that those who will be raptured will be like a morsel next to a banquet (trust me, I don’t think like this…).
What is the cause for so many to be in a lukewarm state and not ready for the LORD’s Return? I believe it is clearly because the world has a much bigger hold on people than the LORD who created them. Here are some verses from the bible that plainly state that you cannot serve two masters—both GOD and the world—and there is no third acceptable state of being:
Matthew 6:24 (KJV): No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve GOD and mammon.
John 17:14 (KJV): I have given them THY Word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Romans 12:2 (KJV): And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of GOD.
1 Corinthians 2:12 (KJV): Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the SPIRIT which is of GOD; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of GOD.
2 Corinthians 4:4 (KJV): In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of CHRIST, WHO is the image of GOD, should shine unto them.
The bible has many verses that talk about the narrow path (that few find) to the LORD such as this one:
Matthew 7:14 (KJV): Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.[/b]

It is the world and the worship of worldly idols that keep people from putting CHRIST FIRST in their lives. Here are some unsuspected idols that keep people from putting GOD first in their lives:
UNSUSPECTED IDOLS: IDOL WORSHIP OF COUNTRY—IDOL WORSHIP OF CHILDREN—IDOL WORSHIP OF YOUR OWN FUTURE PLANS—IDOL WORSHIP OF CHURCH/RELIGION—IDOL WORSHIP OF A FALSE IMAGE OF GOD (BELIEVING IN SOME OF THE SCRIPTURES BUT PICKING AND CHOOSING WHAT TO BELIEVE)—IDOL WORSHIP OF WORRIES/CARES/TROUBLES—IDOL WORSHIP: ANYTHING THAT TAKES YOUR PRIMARY FOCUS OFF OF GOD INCLUDING WORLDLY PURSUITS: ENTERTAINMENT, FAMILY, CAREER.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30am On Oct 17, 2012
The Invitations of Christ
October 16, 2012.

"He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour." (John 1:39).

This is the first of the gracious invitations of the Lord Jesus to "come" to Him. On this occasion, right after His baptism by John, He invited two potential disciples to come with Him to His dwelling place. Very likely, this was an outdoor mat somewhere, for He soon afterwards acknowledged that "the Son of man hath not where to lay his head" (Matthew 8:20). Nevertheless, one night of abiding with Jesus changed their lives. Soon afterwards, He issued another invitation to them. "Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men" (Mark 1:17), and they never went home again. First He invites us to come to see and know Him, then to come with Him to win others.

There is also the wonderful invitation to come to Him for relief from our burdens and cares. "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28 ). And note His promise to those who do accept His invitation: "Him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (John 6:37).

There were also personal invitations. To Zacchaeus, the seeking sinner glimpsing Jesus from a sycamore tree, He said, "come down; for to day I must abide at thy house" (Luke 19:5). To His friend Lazarus, dead and bound in a tomb, He cried, "Lazarus, come forth" (John 11:43), and not even the grave could prevent his accepting such a call.

There are other invitations from the Lord with gracious promises to those who come, but note especially the final invitation of the Bible: "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely" (Revelation 22:17). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
Instant Creation
October 17, 2012.

"Let them praise the name of the Lord: for he commanded, and they were created." (Psalm 148:5).

Certain Christian intellectuals today are promoting the concept of what they call "process creation," a euphemism for theistic evolution. This is a contradiction in terms, however, for creation by definition is supernatural and instantaneous. The Bible makes this plain.

Our text is in one of the beautiful "hallelujah" psalms in which the entire creation is exhorted to praise the Lord. The sun, moon, and all the heavens are included, and then the testimony of our text is given. As soon as God commanded, they were created, not over long ages, but immediately! God said "Let there be . . ." and it was so.

This is especially emphatic in the 33rd Psalm: "By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. . . . For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast" (Psalm 33:6, 9). This is also the testimony in the great "faith" chapter, Hebrews 11. The very first object of faith is the following: "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear" (Hebrews 11:3). That is, the things which are seen (sun, moon, stars, etc.) were not made out of preexisting materials (things which appear), but by the spoken word of God.

There is not any need at all to compromise either God's omnipotence or His inerrant Word by such devices as theistic evolution, progressive creation, or process creation, for no natural "process" could ever generate the complex and beautifully organized systems of the creation. Compromising evangelical scientists and theologians who are intimidated by the ungodly philosophy of evolution should be corrected, not accommodated. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:56am On Oct 18, 2012
[size=13pt]WORD of the LORD:
“MY rebellious children are filled with spirits of the antichrist that will lead them to their ultimate destruction.”
(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, October 8, 2012)

Let US Begin:
Today children, I want to give you new Words.
The world is coming apart for sure. If you haven’t noticed then you are not looking. There is a tragedy playing out, a great tragic play. I wrote this play a long time ago—in the Words of MY Book, MY Word. Now you are seeing this story unfold. It is undeniably happening. You are part of that story…
You are a key player in these…the last days. Many are written about: those who reject ME…those who turn from ME…those who run to MY enemy and the world for their relief and answers. They are turning in their hearts to evil governing and leadership because they believe this is where their answers lie. All this will lead to destruction, if you embrace evil for your answers. Then you will have a sad ending. If you look to MY Light for your answers, then you will find relief, safety, and safe-keeping.
I also have those in MY Book who represent MY bride: MY true church. She has forsaken all others for ME, her GROOM. She has cast down all other gods in her heart and only seeks ME, the MASTER of her soul. I am the undisputed LEADER of her heart. All others are controlled by other spirits of MY enemy: spirits of pride; addiction; lust for the world; blaspheming GOD; fear; revenge; bitterness; un-forgiveness, adultery; witchcraft; rebellion; murder.
MY rebellious children are filled with spirits of the antichrist that will lead them to their ultimate destruction. They only want to hear lying spirits and not the True Word that comes from the Mouth of MY HOLY SPIRIT WHO resides within MY bride and true church.
There is a battle going on much darker than anything you can see with the visible eye—this battle rages all around you. It is the battle for your very soul—the enemy has launched a well-laid attack against you. He has put out every trap for you MY children to fall into. Only with a full oil lamp can you see the hidden mines that MY enemy has set out for you—only with a full lamp will you see the destruction that lies ahead.
If your light is weak and your lamp oil is not full you cannot see the traps set out for you to fall into. Without the full power of MY SPIRIT operating in your spirit by making a full and complete surrender to ME, you cannot survive what is coming right at the door. The full oil lamp that is given in exchange for a full surrender is the Light, the Truth that lights the way down the narrow path that leads to MY Coming Rescue. Only this full surrender—a death to self—empties your spirit to make room for MY SPIRIT to come within you to fill your lamp and give you eyes to see the great traps and mines laid by MY enemy for your demise. He comes to kill, steal, and destroy you. He is bent on destruction of all MY children. Many have fallen into his hands. Many more will very soon.
I am warning you because I love you. Very few are interested in MY Love and MY Warnings. They are greatly deceived by MY enemy and by the noise and distraction of the world. You must come away from the world and all its noise and get quiet with your GOD. Get to know ME in a quiet secret place, where I can reveal MY Heart to you and lead you to Truth through the pages of MY Book.
The hour is closing down. Come to terms with MY Pleadings. Accept this lifeline I am throwing you—it is MY nail-pierced Hand and MY Blood-Soaked Cross. This is MY Salvation. This is what I, GOD did for mankind. Only MY Love is complete and sufficient for all the unmet needs of mankind.
Come in humble submission—earnest repentance. Seek MY Face. I will forgive and refresh you and you will join ME in MY Kingdom—Everlasting Beauty.
I am ready to take hold of you and bring you out—are you coming?
This is GOD COMPASSIONATE,
THE LAMB AND THE LION

[/size]

[b]Coordinating Scripture:
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV): All scripture is given by inspiration of GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Proverbs 1:24-33 (KJV): 24Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out MY Hand, and no man regarded; 25But ye have set at nought all MY Counsel, and would none of MY Reproof: 26I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.28Then shall they call upon ME, but I will not answer; they shall seek ME early, but they shall not find ME: 29For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30They would none of MY Counsel: they despised all MY Reproof. 31Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. 32For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. 33But whoso hearkeneth unto ME shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
1 Samuel 15:23 (KJV): For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the Word of the LORD, HE hath also rejected thee from being king.
John 10:10 (KJV): The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Psalm 91:1 (KJV): He that dwelleth in the secret place of the MOST HIGH shall abide under the shadow of the ALMIGHTY.
[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:46am On Oct 19, 2012
[size=13pt]Jealousy by Phyllis Ford

Jealousy is one of the works of the flesh. It is an unchecked emotion that comes from feelings of inadequacy and insecurity. It can be used as a soulish weapon (force) against a person to whom the jealousy is being directed against. In this hour—some members of the body of Christ; under the enemies influence has used this emotion to divide, leave suspicion and usher conspiracy amongst each other.

There have been innocent people who have been affected negatively and didn't even know at the onset that JEALOUSY was the origin of attack. Others feed on it in private conversations in dark corners. But, remember God sees all and knows all.

No one is going to like standing before the judgement seat of Christ and be charged with treason, sorcery and witchcraft because they let pride and emotions push them into an iniquity that will one day be dealt with severely. When our spiritual house is divided because of selfishness, pride, covetousness and ego, key purposes with great potential can be sabotaged from within. The enemy sits back and laughs while men/women strive against each other.

Bottom line: we got too much to do, too much to overcome and too much is on the line to get caught up with stupidity. Too much in-fighting engenders much confusion leaving bitterness at its’ roots.

Remember what we do and what we get caught up in really defines who we are.

We Should Allow God To Deal With This Area In Us All. For In This Season The Enemy Is Using This Very Weapon (Jealousy) To Divide, Distract, Hinder, Hold Back, And Stop Us In Out Tracks. It Is Designed To Keep Us From Working Together, As A Body, In Unity For The Kingdom.[/size]

James 3:14-16, 1 Samuel 15:23, Romans 12:21, Proverbs 14:30, Proverbs 27:4,
Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Proverbs 14:30(NCV)
30 Peace of mind means a healthy body,
but jealousy will rot your bones.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06am On Oct 22, 2012
The Test of Expedience
October 19, 2012.

"All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." (1 Corinthians 6:12).

Christians are saved by the grace of God, not by works of righteousness. Therefore, in a sense, they are free to do whatever they please. "All things are lawful unto me." The Christian, however, is under a higher law, the law of love and of seeking to please and honor his Saviour and Lord.

Therefore, when a question arises as to whether a certain act is right or wrong, the decision should be based on how the act impacts the cause of Christ. Does it help or hinder in the winning of the lost or in edifying the believer? Does it honor the Lord and His Word or bring reproach against His truth? For example, Paul concluded he could not afford to "be brought under the power of any" practice (e.g., drinking, smoking, gambling) that might limit the power of God over his actions and decisions.

In a similar passage, Paul says, "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not" (1 Corinthians 10:23). Thus, nothing is expedient for the Christian that does not edify (that is, "build up" ) spiritually either himself or someone else.

In a similar vein, he said elsewhere that "there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. . . . Let not then your good be evil spoken of . . . Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another" (Romans 14:14, 16, 19).

This test of expediency, therefore, if applied sincerely by the believer in terms of advancing or hindering the purposes of God in Christ, can be of great help in decision making regarding doubtful issues. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
[b]‎"NEVER AVOID ANY OPPORTUNITIES"

Opportunities come as favourable chances, an opening offered by circumstances
If you are an opportune, it is your good fortune, for your life image enhances
When an opportunity knocks upon your door, you must ensure, to welcome it
If not you will be left with deep regret, on missing out on a favour in life transit

Opportunities come as surprise, don't avoid in accepting it as your prize, not your merit
You are getting what you don't deserve, so keep it to preserve, discover it to inherit
Sometimes people neglect a good opportunity, which might have given more safe security
But once it is out of hand, no way to make your stand, you have shown great immaturity

Opportunities come unexpected, giving you an option to be selected, let good sense prevail
This is a chance once in a lifetime, in your youthful prime, do not turn away to attack assail
You may have ventured many projects, keeping in view the objects, but a better future lying in store
Make a strong determination, with all good intention, ignoring might stagnate you behind a locked door

Opportunities come as a steering wheel, for guidance in a positive deal, only fools will tend to oppose
Many have I lost in the bargain, because never allowed them to remain, now no opportunity will propose
It is not the question of trying to be a millionaire, but a challenge to dare, what others may not have done
You are blessed with a golden change, to fall in a higher range, activating your mental power not for fun

Opportunities come as a directing channel, for all probability assembled in a panel, people crowding for consultation
You have made yourself what you are now, so at His feet may your head bow, all is given to you by His mediation
Be thankful and humble for placing you in high position, nothing can be achieved without God's intervention, I can assure
Now you can encourage others for their betterment, each will be exposed to immense improvement, blessings for you galore.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2012
The Scarlet Hope
October 20, 2012.

"Behold, when we come into the land, thou shalt bind this line of scarlet thread in the window which thou didst let us down by: and thou shalt bring thy father, and thy mother, and thy brethren, and all thy father's household, home unto thee." (Joshua 2:18 ).

These words were spoken to Rahab by Joshua's spies after she had protected them from discovery by the officials of Jericho. She had testified to the spies that "the Lord your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath" (Joshua 2:11). Therefore, "by faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace" (Hebrews 11:31).

Rahab's spiritual salvation came because of her faith in the true God; she soon entered into the covenant family of Israel and eventually even became a member of the family line leading to Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:5). Her physical deliverance, on the other hand, and that of her family depended on a "line of scarlet thread" suspended from her window, identifying her home as "under the blood," so to speak, when Jericho fell and all its other inhabitants perished.

This thin, blood-red line constituted a very slender hope for Rahab in the midst of such a scene of judgment and total destruction, but it sufficed. It is fascinating to note that the Hebrew word for "line" (occurring here for the first time in the Bible) is everywhere else translated by the key word "hope." Perhaps "line" soon came to mean "hope" because of this very experience, when a "scarlet hope" extended all the way from a repentant sinner to the very God of heaven! Note the same thought with the same word: "For thou art my hope, O Lord God" (Psalm 71:5).

"And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure" (1 John 3:3). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
The Unfailing Presence
October 22, 2012.

"And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of" (Genesis 28:15).

This is the first of many promises of God's unfailing presence with those who trust Him. The words of our text were spoken to Jacob on his flight from the unwarranted wrath of Esau. Those expositors who unjustifiably accuse Jacob of fraud when he secured the birthright promised to him by God before his birth (Genesis 25:23) should note that God never rebuked Jacob, but instead promised His perpetual protecting presence.

Note also God's promise to Joshua: "There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee" (Joshua 1:5).

There is also His promise to His chosen people, Israel: "For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people" (1 Samuel 12:22).

There are many other such assurances in the Scriptures. One that especially reveals God's heart is Isaiah 41:17: "When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them."

The most precious of all, however, is the assurance to all New Testament believers that "I will never |literally 'never, never, never'| leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrews 13:5). Paul teaches after an exhausting list of possibilities that nothing "shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:39). "Lo, I am with you alway," Jesus said, "even unto the end of the world" (Matthew 28:20). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2012
[size=13pt]‎"FOLLOW JESUS' LINE - NOT SATAN'S DESIGN"
Manju Suri

Satan or cosmic delusion, is always snaring us through our ignorance
He is the cause of man's suffering succumbing to harmful consequence
The Lord could easily destroy Satan, but prefers to overcome by love
So it is up to us to cooperate with our Heavenly Father all things above

Whenever we are slothful and careless, we help Satan to pull us to his side
So long as we are unwilling to deny ourselves pleasure that is detrimental guide
We will be in region of Satan, giving way to damaging sense lures to overtake
But if we are convinced temptation is dangerous, first happiness then sorrows lake

We can out-wit the Devil to mar and disfigure all his tricks scheming plans to fall flat
Just as a confident cricketer would hit the ball for a super sixer with his cricket bat
To give our approval to sinful activities is to find ourselves in deep trouble without thought
Over indulgence in them causes danger, it is our own error because temptation we sought

By the five-rayed searchlight of senses, we perceive and explore the world of matter
Liking develops through senses to see, hear, smell, taste and touch devil comes to batter
Desire for a particular sensation becomes a habit turning into a regular practice for pleasure
Not having had the experience of the Spirit, unknown is that ineffable soul bliss beyond measure

Once we have established a liking for a certain sensory experience, the habit sits like a dictator
Even if we do not desire to repeat the act, the brain commands us to yield as a preceptor
There is no chance of comparison until we become mentally insusceptible to all sense enticement
The only way to avoid the trap is to realize there are higher joys for our hearts true fulfilment

God gave freedom to man which has been misused by walking in the opposite direction to suffer
Then we would have proved ourselves worse than the evil, no cause to complain if called a duffer
Jesus prayed, "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil," which we ought to follow line
God gave us reason, conscience, will power to enable us to free ourselves from Satan's deceitful design.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:33am On Oct 24, 2012
[size=13pt]DO NOT BECOME ALARMED by Yolanda Ballard

Do not become alarmed at what you are going to see for perilous times are at hand, and the evil one is terrified at the great cost for freedom that My people are willing to pay. Many are willing to give their lives so that many can be set free from the harsh treatment from their taskmasters. But I want you to know that My word stands strong, and it stands true that no weapon formed against you can prosper if you stay hidden in Me.

For this is the final hour, and all who have stayed committed to Me and My word will stay strong, and they will be protected by the covering of My blood. Just like in the days of My people when the death angel passed over, all who stood hidden in Me together, covered by the blood were protected. Don't take it for granted that you have My word and My power. I want you to use it as a sword and shield

Victory is at Hand

Enforce your authority over the evil one and run towards him. His troops will be scattered at My voice as I shout through My people for the victory is at hand. Fear not for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I AM your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with My mighty right hand. Keep on marching forward and do not retreat. No matter what you see around you, do not let go of My promises, and I will come through for you.

Once you walk through the gates, do not let go of My inquiry of the evil one. I am asking back sevenfold all that he has stolen from My people in the way of land, finances, health, relationships. All that he thought he succeeded in tearing down My kingdom will be restored concerning My missions to other lands. Even the bodies of believers who were called together as one to pull down strongholds over the land and to promote My truth will once again rise up. Maybe not in the same form, but the calling will be restored and promoted once again.

Don't Lose Your Vision

Do not give up on the vision I have given to you. Do not lose focus of what I called you to do in the way of prayer and intercession. Don't let go of it and believe, and I will bring it forth, and as you birth it forth, it will stir a birthing in many others, and the vision will spread like wild fire.

So do not become alarmed at what you see. Keep your eyes on Me. Even though the enemy will roar, and he will try to destroy, keep hidden in Me, and I will take you through in victory. For we are taking the land, and you will crush the enemy under your foot like a serpent. You have the authority to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy. So tread on My holy ones, says your King.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2012
Name and Recognition
October 23, 2012.

"And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name" (Genesis 11:4).

The Bible has one Author (2 Timothy 3:16), and it is one Book. Therefore, it should be read as one book, from beginning to end, to understand its full meaning. The Tower of Babel incident (Genesis 11:1-9) illustrates how truth can be gleaned by reading the Bible as a unified whole. Why did God include Genesis 11:1-9 as part of Scripture?

First, consider the passage itself and the stated purpose for the Tower: "Let us make us a name" (today's text). Second, consider the surrounding chapters. Chapter 10 ends with the genealogy of Shem (whose name means "name" ), and the rest of Chapter 11 (after verses 1-9) traces Shem's genealogy down to Abraham, to whom God promised, "I will . . . make thy name [Hebrew shem] great" (12:2). Clearly, these chapters have a theme--names and their significance. Third, consider the wider context of Scripture. The author of Genesis gives us few clues as to the names of the rebels at Babel. Yet the names of Abraham's physical and spiritual descendants (the 12 tribes of Israel and the 12 apostles, respectively) will be preserved for all eternity (Revelation 21:12, 14)! In the context of the whole of Scripture, Genesis 11:1-9 shows us the utter foolishness of trying to "make a name" for ourselves.

Do names matter to God? Yes, but what matters more is from whom we seek our "name"--our recognition and approval. Only One approval holds sway in the end: "Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God" (Luke 12:8 ). For those who confess, a great destiny awaits: "his name shall be in their foreheads" (Revelation 22:4). NTJ

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:04am On Oct 25, 2012
Old Testament Love
October 24, 2012.

"Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD." (Leviticus 19:18 ).

Many people have mistakenly rejected or neglected the Old Testament on the basis that it speaks about a vindictive God of judgment in contrast to the New Testament God of love manifest in Jesus Christ. This perspective, however, is completely wrong.

One day a lawyer asked Jesus, "Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Both of these commandments were recorded, of course, in the Old Testament. The first one in Deuteronomy 6:4-5 is perhaps the most revered of all passages to the Jews: "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." The second great commandment is the one in our text for the day. This law is buried deep in the Pentateuch, in the unlikely heart of the book of Leviticus. In the New Testament it is even called "the royal law" (James 2:8 ).

Thus, the great underlying theme of the Old Testament is love--love for God and love for others--and this truth is stressed by Christ Himself in the New Testament. Even greater is God's eternal love which was ours from before the world and that will never end. "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee" (Jeremiah 31:3). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
The Sinner's Prayer
October 25, 2012.

"And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner." (Luke 18:13).

Evangelists have often urged lost men and women to pray this "sinner's prayer" if they desired to be saved. The account does say that this publican, after praying thus, "went down to his house justified" (v. 14).

But there is more here than appears on the surface. It is not merely God's mercy that is needed for He has already been merciful to let us continue to live at all. The word translated "merciful" is used only one other time in the New Testament and is there translated "make reconciliation for." Speaking of the saving work of Christ, it says that He came "to make reconciliation for the sins of the people" (Hebrews 2:17). It is also closely related to the words for "propitiation" and "mercy seat."

This parable of the Pharisee and the publican is set in the context of the Jewish temple worship, where sinners would bring their sacrificial offerings to cover their sins, knowing that "it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul" (Leviticus 17:11). Such sacrifices were completely worthless, however, if offered in a spirit of religious pride and/or self-righteousness, like those of the Pharisee. There must be repentance and faith in God's promise of forgiveness through the death of an innocent substitute, pre-figuring the true Lamb of God whose coming death would truly make eternal reconciliation for the sins of the people. The publican prayed in this vein, and he was saved.

In our day, on the other side of the cross, a sinner's saving prayer must say, in effect: "God, be propitiated to me on the basis of the death of Christ for my sins." Such a prayer, offered in sincere repentance and faith in God's promise, brings justification before God. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2012
The Divine Designer
October 26, 2012.

"Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?" (Isaiah 40:12).

The answer to this rhetorical question can only be God, the divine Designer of all the intricate interrelationships of His great creation. Four of the disciplines of natural science are implied here, and in each case a key principle of that science is anticipated.

The emphasis is on the precision of the divinely allocated quantities of each component. First, there is the precise balance of the waters of the earth between the oceans, rivers, groundwater, and atmospheric waters. Hydrology is the science of earth’s waters, and life on earth is dependent on the fine tuning of the components of the hydrologic cycle. "He looketh to the ends of the earth. . . . To make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure" (Job 28:24-25).

The atmospheric heaven also has been carefully dimensioned in size and composition to make life possible, as formulated in the science of meteorology.

The "dust of the earth" is nothing less than the basic chemical elements out of which all things are made. The accuracy with which elements combine with each other is based on their valences, and all of this is involved in the study of chemistry. The principle of isostasy ("equal weights" ) is the fundamental principle of the science of geophysics, involving the weights of mountains and hills, continents, and ocean basins.

God does not deal in chance and caprice, even with inanimate physical systems such as mountains and waters. Not even a sparrow can "fall on the ground without your Father" (Matthew 10:29). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:43am On Oct 27, 2012
[size=13pt]Words of the LORD:

“You are for MY enemy if you are against ME and not in MY Will.”

(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, October 19, 2012)

Listen to MY Words—write down these Words:

The world is about to fall into chaos. It is the chaos of MY enemy. It is the chaos of evil. Peace…love…protection all come from GOD. Evil breeds anarchy, chaos, and rebellion. This is the difference between MY Kingdom of GOD and MY enemy’s kingdom of evil.

If you choose against ME, you are for MY enemy no matter what else you believe. You are for MY enemy if you are against ME and not in MY Will. Even those who attend church, appear religious, are devils if they are lukewarm and lost in their ways. Does not MY Word say it?

You can make for yourself a million excuses to run apart from MY Perfect Will and appease yourself believing all is well between us, but many are now in hell who have also believed this. A dance with the devil can take on many different looks. That is why he is so deceptive and cunning. Apart from MY Will you work for MY enemy no matter how righteous you believe yourself. A little bit of leaven spoils the whole lump.

You cannot conquer this sin in this world in the flesh apart from a complete filling of MY HOLY SPIRIT though many try and believe differently. Many will die in their own efforts and enter hell. So many come into MY Presence believing all is well between us only to discover that outside of MY Perfect Will for their life lies death and destruction and eternal hell.

How do you know if you are in MY Perfect Will?

There is only ONE WAY: come to ME and make a full surrender—give ME ALL including your future plans and your personal will. Let ME cover you in MY Precious Blood and fill you completely with MY HOLY SPIRIT. Ask for a complete filling of MY SPIRIT. Empty yourself. Die to self. Ask to receive ALL of MY SPIRIT—humble surrender—making ME your MASTER and LORD. Without this, you are still a slave to MY enemy. He is your father and sin is your master and you work its will and do its bidding against MY Kingdom.

I am the SHEPHERD. MY sheep hear MY Voice, MY sheep know MY Voice, MY Will. MY sheep do MY Will and I will save them when I come to rescue MY own from the terrors that are coming to the earth and the rebellious who remain. Terror will strike those who remain behind, so come to ME now in full surrender. Repent of your evil done against a HOLY GOD, forgive those around you, for without forgiveness you will not enter MY Kingdom.

I am only coming for those who want to be fully in MY Will. These are MY Requirements to receive a garment that is free of stains, spots, and wrinkles.

Come now before it is too late to prepare your robe and to have the proper garment for MY Wedding Banquet. Only those dressed properly will be attending. Let ME Clothe you in humility, righteousness, and make you ready for MY Soon Coming Rescue.

The hour is near. The window of time between now and MY Approach to earth is diminishing quickly. I am giving many warnings. Very few are listening. Very few will be removed to safety. Wash your robes in MY Blood.

The hour approaches for MY Return. Darkness looms over the earth.

I am not a man that I should lie,

The EVERLASTING SAVIOR of Mankind[/size]

[b]
Coordinating Scripture:

John 6:70 (KJV): JESUS answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Romans 3:13 (KJV): Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

Revelation 7:14 (KJV): And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the Blood of the LAMB.

John 8:44 (KJV): Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Galatians 5:9 (KJV): A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

John 10:27 (KJV): MY sheep hear MY Voice, and I know them, and they follow ME:

Numbers 23:19 (KJV): GOD is not a man, that HE should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath HE said, and shall HE not do it? Or hath HE spoken, and shall HE not make it good?[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:17pm On Oct 27, 2012
The Definition of Faith
October 27, 2012.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1).

The marvelous "faith chapter," Hebrews 11, is an amazing chapter. Here, faith is defined not as some intangible wishfulness, but as "substance" and "evidence." Let us look closely.

First of all, faith must have a legitimate object, nothing less than the mighty Creator by whom "the worlds were framed" (v. 3) out of nothing but His omnipotent Word.

Beyond this, faith is further defined, not by what it is, but by what it does! The man of faith comes to God by "a more excellent sacrifice," like that of Abel (v. 4), typifying the sacrifice of Christ. Faith will, like Enoch, live to please God (v. 5), and will, like Noah, prepare an Ark (i.e., do whatever necessary out of obedience to God) "to the saving of his house" (v. 7).

True faith will, like Abraham, go out as God leads, "not knowing whither he went," even "dwelling in tabernacles" (literally "tents" ) (vv. 8-9) if need be, as he looks for that city with sure "foundations, whose builder and maker is God" (v. 10). Such faith will even, like Abraham, offer up to God the greatest love and joy of his life, knowing that God will keep His Word (vv. 17-19).

Like Moses, the man of genuine faith will choose rather "to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season" (v. 25). Faith is even willing to be "stoned . . . sawn asunder . . . slain with the sword," if need be, for the promises of God (vv. 37, 39).

We are saved by grace through faith, not of works (Ephesians 2:8-9), but since we are "created in Christ Jesus unto good works" (Ephesians 2:10), our faith should motivate us to action. "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only" (James 2:24). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 4:39pm On Oct 28, 2012
[size=13pt]Have you been baptized in the HOLY SPIRIT?

Did you know the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT is different than the water baptism?
Matthew 3:11: (John the Baptist) I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but HE that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: HE shall baptize you with the HOLY GHOST, and with fire:
Acts 10:44-48: 44While Peter yet spake these words, the HOLY GHOST fell on all them (Cornelius and family) which heard the word. 45And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift (baptism) of the HOLY GHOST. 46For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify GOD. Then answered Peter, 47Can any man forbid water (water baptism—a separate baptism), that these should not be baptized, which have received the HOLY GHOST as well as we? 48And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the LORD (in water as well as the HOLY SPIRIT Baptism they received from the HOLY SPIRIT). Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Have you been baptized in the FIRE of the HOLY SPIRIT (a baptism separate from water baptism)? If not, Here is how:

1. Surrender your “ALL” to CHRIST: your heart, life, and your future plans—your “ALL.”
John 12:24-26: 24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. 25He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. 26If any man serve ME, let him follow ME; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve ME, him will MY FATHER honour.

2. Ask to be filled by the HOLY SPIRIT—ask for the HOLY SPIRIT to have “ALL” of you—without knowing what this means—trusting only in GOD. You are trading your will for the Will of GOD for your life.
Acts 8:15-21: 15Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the HOLY GHOST: 16(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the HOLY GHOST. 18And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the HOLY GHOST was given, he offered them money, 19Saying, Give me also this Power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the HOLY GHOST. 20But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of GOD may be purchased with money. 21Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of GOD.
Acts 19:1-7: And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples (they were practicing Christians), 2He said unto them, Have ye received the HOLY GHOST since ye believed (yet as believers they had not yet been baptized in the HOLY SPIRIT)? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any HOLY GHOST (as Christian believers they had not yet heard of the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT like so many believers today). 3And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. (They were ONLY water baptized.) 4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on HIM which should come after him, that is, on CHRIST JESUS. 5When they heard this, they were baptized in the Name of the LORD JESUS. 6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the HOLY GHOST came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. (They were baptized in the HOLY SPIRIT, a baptism separate from the water baptism.)

3. Did you know that if you are not in GOD’s Will—fully surrendered to CHRIST, and baptized in the HOLY SPIRIT you are outside GOD’s Will, a lukewarm Christian, and you are in fact, in the will of GOD’s enemy—working against GOD?
Romans 12:2: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of GOD.
Acts 9:17-18: And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house (note they were indoors); and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the LORD, even JESUS, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the HOLY GHOST. 18And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized (NOTE: Paul was baptized in the HOLY SPIRIT but not water baptized because they were in a house and Ananias just laid his hands on Paul).

4. When you surrender your “ALL” to GOD and pray to be filled by the HOLY SPIRIT—baptized in the LORD’s Fire—you will experience changes:
-greater understanding of the Bible
1 Corinthians 2:14: 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the SPIRIT of GOD: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are SPIRITUALLY discerned.
-a bolder testimony
Acts 4:29-31: 29And now, LORD, behold their threatenings: and grant unto THY servants, that with all boldness they may speak THY Word, 30By stretching forth THINE Hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the Name of THY Holy CHILD JESUS. 31And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the HOLY GHOST, and they spake the Word of GOD with boldness.
-manifestations of the HOLY SPIRIT which can include: speaking in tongues; receiving the gift of interpreting tongues; visions; dreams; the gift of prophecy (hearing GOD’s Voice)
Acts 19:6: And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the HOLY GHOST came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
-the ability to conquer sin through the Power of the HOLY SPIRIT (and not by the flesh apart from the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT)
Galatians 5:16: This I say then, Walk in the SPIRIT, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
-the renewing of the mind—the scales will fall off and your spiritual eyes will open
-you will be in GOD’s Will and right standing with GOD
-you will possess a full oil lamp and no longer have a half full oil lamp or be dangerously lukewarm
Matthew 25:4: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
-your desires will be GOD’s desires because you are in His Will.
So what are you waiting for? Pray to give “ALL” of yourself to the LORD and be baptized in the HOLY SPIRIT today! [/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44am On Oct 31, 2012
An Acceptable Sacrifice
October 28, 2012.

"Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 2:5).

Our text instructs us that we, as a corporate church and as individuals, are designed for the purpose of offering up acceptable sacrifices to God. These are not animal sacrifices as before, but "spiritual" sacrifices, made "acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." What kinds of spiritual sacrifices are acceptable?

Prayer: An amazing scene is recorded for us in heaven, for an angel is seen at the altar offering up to God incense mingled with "the prayers of the saints" (Revelation 8:4, see also 5:8 ). Our prayers are precious to Him.

Giving: The use of our financial resources for the furtherance of His kingdom becomes "an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God" (Philippians 4:18 ).

Praise: In some way, not fully comprehended by us, we can "offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name" (Hebrews 13:15).

Good work and sharing: "But to do good and to communicate |share| forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased" (Hebrews 13:16). Remember, we are saved entirely by God's grace, but also created specifically unto good works (Ephesians 2:8-10).

Ourselves: We have a distinct privilege in that we may "present |our| bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is |our| reasonable service" (Romans 12:1).

God is a magnificent God! He can be trusted with our prayers, our resources, our praise, our works, and our lives. His perfect sacrifice has made it possible for our sacrifices to be meaningful. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Princewell2012(m): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2012
@grace5: thanks a lots, iam really blessed with these massage, and I pray that the whole world will come to the knowledge of God, repent and come back to God by receiving Jesus as their Lord and Savior, honestly a lots of people will take it as a joke, just like in the days of Noah, so shall it be to this generation. I have personally receive a revelation about the destruction that will befall these earth, on three deferent occasions and when I woke up my heart skip and I was greatly afraid, I have discuss it with people that are very close to me, and time will not permit me to narrate the whole story here.moreover God have also show me the revelation of Jesus when he was crucify,i cannot count how many lashes they gave him if you see the way they handled him, and blood covered him from the heard to toe, the one we watch in a film is notting to be compare to this one, this one he was completely naked, and they left him with no cloth, they treat him like an armed robber, i cried out my eyes as i watch helplessly until i woke up,and i regain myself. I thank God for these forum for giving me the opportunity to post these on the internet, at least my heart is alitle bit free, instead of concealing it whiten my self, I thank the creator of this forum, and the almighty God will continue to bless and abide with you. brother the enemy is really at work in these world, there is a time i wanted to post a thread, and the topic was taged, man is Satan, because when I study the character of man, i have notting left than to conclude that man is the real Satan,but at the long run i have to change my mind, to avoid augment, if you see the way Jesus was manhandled you will have no other option than to accept it, just wondering how does man become so wicked to that extend, that's why God is going to judge and condemn anyone who does not believe in Jesus as their Savior. If God should open the eye of everybody to show them what he shows me, about the calamity, destruction and the anarchy that will befall this world everybody will repent in dust and ashes, only him knows why he choose to reveal it to few people, even to the uneducated, as iam talking to you now iam a secondary school drop out, I don't know why he did not reveal it to the educated ones. My brother the devil have entered the church and allow the bible to be misinterpreted, the devil is ruling the world and now he wanted to rule the church,and the church wanted to com form to the world, that's is why we have so many false prophets, teachers, and pastors today, friends you needs the holy spirit for you to be able to distinguished between the sheep and the goat, you will have to ask for discern spirit so that you will not be captured by these enemies, if you like believe it, heaven is real and hell is real. Let's those who have ears, to hear, let them hear. I a rest my case, God bless you all.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 2:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
[size=13pt] A "natural" faithfulness [loyalty] is faithful [loyal] only to its "own" agenda while divine [or supernatural] faithfulness is faithful to both pursue and carry out My Will on the behalf of another - regardless of the cost to themselves.
[/size]

...."Many a man proclaims his own loyalty [allegiance], but who can find a trustworthy man?".... Proverbs 20:6 NASB

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32am On Nov 01, 2012
Our Living Lord
October 31, 2012.

"Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also" (John 14:19).

We who believe on Christ have the promise of everlasting life because He lives, and we see Him by faith. Christ Himself is "our life" (Colossians 3:4), in fact.

He is the very sustainer of our life. He is both the "living water" (John 4:10) that is "springing up into everlasting life" (John 4:14) and "the living bread which came down from heaven," such wonderful bread "that a man may eat thereof, and not die" (John 6:50-51).

Not only does Christ give us His living bread and living water, but also He provides Himself as the living way to God. "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh" (Hebrews 10:19-20).

He is also the solid foundation on which we build our lives, and that very foundation is vibrant with life. "To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house" (1 Peter 2:4-5). Our spiritual lives are built on a living stone, nourished on living bread and living water while entering by a living way into the presence of the living God!

He "hath begotten us again unto a lively hope |same as 'living hope'| by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you" (1 Peter 1:3-4). "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me" (Galatians 2:20). All this is ours through our loving, living Lord! HMM

For more . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply)

Ismail Haruna Converts To Muslim: Ex-Driver To Bishop David Abioye Of Winners / Many 2go Users To Die Today-tb Joshua / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 263
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.