Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,009 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) - Religion (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (74197 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2012
[size=13pt]
Words of the LORD:
“The world is crumbling. It is coming apart. I am pulling MY Hand away.”
(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, October 26-27, 2012)

I am ready to give you Words:
The world is crumbling. It is coming apart. I am pulling MY Hand away. I am retreating from the earth releasing MY Hand of Protection. I am giving back to the powers that rule the earth those who refuse to follow ME. I am allowing them to be seized by MY enemy’s control because the people have turned their backs to ME and hardened their hearts. They have refused to follow their LORD and continue to turn away to the world.
Soon, I am coming to the claim the wife I have earned. I paid her bridal price. I paid it all. It was a steep price. She has been worth it and I would do it all over again, but MY Blood spilt on the cross is powerful and covers all sin for sinners who repent and submit their lives in FULL to ME: FULL submission, repentance, and ask to be filled with MY HOLY SPIRIT and to exchange your life for the indwelling of MY SPIRIT.
You must know, MY children, that this world cannot be sustained by MY enemy, his ways, and by evil men running wild unchecked by a HOLY GOD. Yet this is what so many ascribe to believe. Their downfall is sure if they continue in this line of thinking.
I am ready to bring new life to all those who want it. I bring eternal life to all those who suffer from the pain and sorrow of a dying world detached from a HOLY GOD. No good can come from separating from the Love of GOD.
Your hour is short for making things right with ME. Take heed: I am not a GOD who can be trifled with. The world is promoting a brand of evil I cannot tolerate any longer.
Letter continued on October 27, 2012:
Daughter, let US continue:
Children, why do you doubt MY Words so? Why do you read MY Book and doubt it so? Can you not see MY Words coming to pass? Do you not see the world turning to evil? This is happening on all four corners of the globe. There is not a spot left on earth that has not turned away from the LIVING GOD—all reject ME. I have been rejected in the understanding of MY Truth, MY Teachings, and MY Ways.
The people reject ME because they love their flesh. They want to appease their flesh and their carnal ways against MY Word that says: repent, forgive, submit wholly to your LORD, and die to self fully. This goes against their worldly desires. They won’t have Truth and they have stopped their ears from listening to true teachings from MY HOLY SPIRIT. HE alone teaches Truth. This Truth can only come by a COMPLETE FILLING of MY SPIRIT which can only be had by a FULL SURRENDER to ME, your SAVIOR.
Once you SURRENDER your ALL to ME and make ME your COMPLETE LORD and MASTER and ask to receive MY SPIRIT in your heart FULLY then MY SPIRIT will indwell you and direct your ways and lead you to all Truth and understanding of MY Ways and MY Will for your life. Until this happens, you are lukewarm, partially filled, or empty of MY SPIRIT and your understanding of MY Word and Truth will be compromised. You will receive the teaching of men, who themselves are outside of MY Will and your understanding of MY Word will be incorrect. Only MY HOLY SPIRIT when received in ALL HIS FULLNESS in your life can give you the exact interpretation of MY Word and Truth. Only then will you understand MY Word and be able to apply it effectively to your life. This requires a FULL SURRENDER and a DEATH TO YOUR FLESH.
You must choose to want this for yourself—only you can decide. No one else can do it for you. Just as you will stand alone at MY Judgment Seat, so are you responsible for your own salvation. Decide today: will you come to ME and be MY Own or will you reject ME? This choice is yours to make. Choose this day who you will serve—the LIVING GOD or the enemy of GOD and death everlasting.
The hour approaches for MY Return. Who will you belong to when I make MY Appearance to receive MY bride and usher her out to safety?
I await your answer,
The LIVING GOD
GOD of the LIVING
Luke 20:38 (KJV): For HE is not a GOD of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto HIM.[/size]

[b]

Coordinating Scripture:
Ephesians 6:12 (KJV): For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
John 12:31 (KJV): Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
John 12:40 (KJV): HE hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
Romans 8:6 (KJV): For to be carnally minded is death; but to be SPIRITUALLY minded is life and peace.
Luke 14:27 (KJV): And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after ME, cannot be MY disciple.
1 Corinthians 2:10-13 (KJV): 10But GOD hath revealed them unto us by HIS SPIRIT: for the SPIRIT searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of GOD. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of GOD knoweth no man, but the SPIRIT of GOD. 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the SPIRIT which is of GOD; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of GOD. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the HOLY GHOST teacheth; comparing SPIRITUAL things with SPIRITUAL.
Romans 14:10 (KJV): But why dost thou judge thy brother? Or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of CHRIST.
Philippians 2:12 (KJV): Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Realtors: 7:15pm On Nov 02, 2012
PARTNERS IN MISSION INTERNATIONAL
41. Jamiu Eletu Street, Awoyaya, Km 45 Lekki Epe Exp. Way, Awoyaya – Lagos. 08022132445, 07041475613 Email:pimioutreach@gmail.com, www.pimioutreach.webs.com

Present:
INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN YOUTH CONGRESS

ON PEACE AND UNITY IN NIGERIA

THEME:
The Perils of Disunity

SUB THEME:
Religions and the Building of Peace in Nigeria
[Fostering Intercultural and Interreligious Cooperation and Action for a Culture of Peace in Nigeria]

Organized by:
Dominion Ministerial Network, Lagos, Change Makers Group and the Department of World Programme For Human Rights Education of the Apostolic Church Nigeria-Solid Rock Assembly/District,Surulere,Lagos-Nigeria,Western Area, Federal Capital Territory Field-Nigeria, Christian Association of Nigeria-Akwa Ibom State Chapter and Christian Youth Network-Akwa Ibom State-Nigeria
In Collaboration With
Living Values: An Educational Programme

Background:
Today, misleading information on the origin of conflicts and terrorism in Nigeria requires a clear cut analysis of the relation between religious feelings and violence, in order to advance towards the building of peace through its prevention and peaceful resolution.

Unless we carefully analyze and communicate this relationship, some media and many people in Nigeria and in the world will continue to wrongly think and perceive that religion is often fuel for violence. Indeed, violence is mostly originated at the level of power, resources and ideologies, and religion is often misused to stir up these conflicts.

The dramatic and endless bombings of churches, mosques and other public institutions and the killing of innocent lives by BOKKO HARAM GROUP in various part of Nigeria require solutions prompted by the awareness, commitment and involvement of religious leaders and civil society, which must urge political will and action to the decision-makers. This grave scenario has become a threat to peace and stability in Nigeria and complicates the role of religions that are working for justice in such complex environments .

The nagging and endless problems can be attributed to the fact that the church and other religious organizations in Nigeria has failed to disciple the states and the nations as instructed by Jesus in the Gospel [And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with always, even unto the end of the world-Mathew 28:18-20.

We are also witnessing a growing deterioration of dishonesty, integrity and high level of corruption in the governance of Nigerian state. This is visible in various issues: from climate to finance, from law to social justice, from human rights to decent work. These threats have created a sense of lack of security at the human level. In moments of crisis, religions must provide hope and trust to humankind. The Bible Says- From one man God made every nation of men [Acts 17:26]

Moreover, it is particularly relevant that religions help to maintain values in an increasingly valueless economic and social global system. Civil society, based on universal human values, has become a central player in addressing national, regional, continental and global issues for another kind of governance. It is therefore through an alliance of values that religions and civil society can act on political institutions, at the local, national and international level to provide hope, justice and progress for peace and stability in Nigeria.

As stated in the Holy Books of various faiths as well as in the Alliance of Civilizations Report, the Congress aimed at enhancing efforts to bridge the divides between religions and cultures and to challenge attitudes that spread the appearance of links between religion and violence, extremism and even terrorism with a recognition that religions and cultures are intertwined according to John 13:34-35, Mathew 22:39.

We must therefore acknowledge the inability of the church leadership in Nigeria to raise believers who can apply effective biblical dynamics to leadership in the governance of the Nigerian state at different levels and facets of our national life, to build sustainable development structures in our nation-Nigeria. This has made the church to look weak and irrelevant in the face of the overwhelming problems in our societies.

It is against this backdrop that the Lord challenged us in Partners in Mission International-Nigeria, Dominion Ministerial Network, The Change Makers Group and the Department of World Programme For Human Rights Education of the Apostolic Church Nigeria-Solid Rock Assembly/District, Surulere, Lagos-Nigeria, Western Area, Federal Capital Territory Field-Nigeria and together with Living Values: An Educational Programme to set up this initiative-The International Christian Youth Congress on Peace and Unity in Nigeria under the theme: The Perils of Disunity, to be held in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.

Date: on Sat. 17th – Sun. 18th Nov. 2012 Time: 2pm daily.

Venue: Eagles Based City Int’l No. 23 Itu Road, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State

The Congress is designed to bring a strong and renewed emphasis on the Gospel of the Kingdom, which is an instrument of shared values in transforming our societies. As an important gathering of Christian youth leaders and advocates from different nations based on our common humanity, common vision and the shared values of fraternity, human solidarity and love to forge a way forward in Nigeria that religions should never again be the origin of confrontation but of conciliation, the congress will have the following topics to be debated upon:

Main topics:
1. Spiritual warfare, strategic praying, discipleship, church growth, missions and community transformation
2. The Church, Families and the Nigeria State
3. Acknowledging and Promoting the Role of Religions in the Building of peace in Nigeria
4. Building on common values: the central role of religions and beliefs in the building of a culture of
Peace in Nigeria
5. Stressing the preventive capacities of inter-religious inter-action in Nigeria

Objectives:
To equip Christian youth to be world changers and establish a network of Christian youth leaders, ministers and ministries into the advancement of tolerance and peace in Nigeria

To Promote Inter-religious and Intercultural Dialogue, Understanding and Cooperation for Peace in Nigeria based on the principles enshrined in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, as well as in other international documents and agreements, that guarantee the right and full respect of freedom of religion and other beliefs, and encourage dialogue and interaction with people of other belongings and identities, whether they be believers or not. In this respect, rapid and efficient encounter and sharing among representatives of religions and with national and international policy–makers appears to be essential, especially to identify common values and standards to learn to live with our differences.

To encourage action–oriented behaviors and attitudes, and widely spread knowledge on the real root causes of terrorism in Nigeria –including, when appropriate, the misuse of religions and ideologies

To provide possible solutions to build peace in the minds of Nigerian people, particularly in the minds of youth, social and political actors as well as the mass media

To encourage religious leaders in Nigeria at all levels, from the highest hierarchies to the grassroots level, to enhance and exercise their crucial role as actors of peace and mutual understanding convincing that a culture of dialogue, alliance, non-violence and peace must be built with full respect for human rights, the UN Charter and the rule of law. Such a shared culture of peace needs to give creative expressions to the teachings of the world’s religious traditions, which have stressed with a sense of otherness and brotherhood that we are all responsible for one another.

To accelerate the transition from the use of force to word and dialogue, from violence to intercultural and interfaith harmony, from clash to alliance, from an economy of terrorism to an economy of national development, from a culture of instability and disunity to a culture of peace, unity and stability based on justice and freedom.

As an Advocate for Peace and International understanding, you are cordially invited to participate at the forum as a Special Guest.

Thank you for your work and hope to receive your acceptance letter Sir.

Yours Sincerely,

Apostle Ability Cosmas Dan
Convener
President, Partners in Mission Int’l and
Director, Dominion Ministerial Network
DL: +2348022132445
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2012
[size=13pt]
JESUS GOD OF HEAVEN AND HEART .
One day the disciples were inching their way across Galilee, in the teeth of an unrelenting storm.
They could do nothing about it. And then came the marvel. They saw Jesus walking on the sea to save them.
This was one of the greatest of all acted parables.
Here the elements were at their worst, the very devil having whipped up its fury, yet Jesus calmly walked the waves.
He curbed the Leviathan, the dragon of the deep.
The shrieking winds and the devil gave Him no fears. He was their Master and trod them underfoot.
He rebuked their raging and they sank back, like whipped dogs and with a whimper lay quiet beneath His feet. (Mt 14).
The Lord warned them that He was sending them out into wild waters, to teach all nations.
People would kill them thinking they were doing God a service.
They had to be prepared to lay down their lives.
They knew nothing of the wisdom of Greece, of the far-flung empire of Rome, or what lay beyond the Pillars of Hercules.
The world was an unknown ocean full of possible dangers. But Christ had demonstrated that He was Master of heaven and earth, the sea and the dry land.
Wherever they went He was Lord. They went as He said. With Christ they fished the stormy waters at His direction.
They mocked the howling devils of persecution and defied the winds of adversity.
They let down their nets at His command and out of the restless turbulence of mankind they made their catches and filled their boat.
Let us follow their example.
Exhibiting mastery over all situations.....we are the Christ others are looking for....time to rise up and take up dominion in dis end-time God bless you.

REINHARD BONNKE[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2012
Judgment in the New Testament
November 1, 2012

"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power" (2 Thessalonians 1:8-9).

Many critics have decried what they contend is the Bible's inconsistency. The Old Testament is a harsh indictment of human sin and warning of coming divine judgment, they say, whereas the New Testament stresses God's grace and love.

The fact is, however, that the Old Testament contains numerous testimonies of the love and merciful lovingkindness of God (e.g., Psalm 103). Similarly, the most striking and fearsome warnings and prophecies of judgment to come are found in the New Testament. The above text for the day is an example, with its revelation of the coming eternal separation from God of all who reject Christ and His saving gospel. The Lord Jesus Christ Himself uttered more warnings of future hell than anyone else recorded in either testament. He said, for example, that those "On the left hand" will be commanded to "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41). Jude spoke of ungodly men "to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever" (Jude 13).

And, of course, the very last book of the New Testament, written by John, the disciple who stressed God's love more than any other writer, focuses especially and in detail on the coming period of God's judgment on a rebellious world. The climax of these warnings is Revelation 20:15: "Whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." God's grace and full forgiveness are free to all who receive Christ, but certain judgment will come to all who refuse. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
“Is it too late for you to be rapture ready?”

So often people write me asking about their salvation and readiness for the SOON-COMING RAPTURE—and they want to know if it is too late for them because of their past life of sin? So here are some words of comfort to all who wonder if it is too late to make it in the coming rapture:

Romans 3:9-18 (KJV) says: 9What then? Are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 10As it is written:
There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after GOD. 12They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

EVERYONE HAS REJECTED GOD—but like Lydia in Acts 16:14, the LORD opened her heart:
Acts 16:14 (KJV): And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped GOD, heard us: whose heart the LORD opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.

TODAY, IF YOU ARE SEEKING GOD—YOU WOULD NOT EVEN BE SEEKING GOD IF HE WAS NOT DRAWING YOU TO HIMSELF:
In John 6:44 (KJV) the LORD says: No man can come to ME, except the FATHER which hath sent ME draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

SO COME TO THE LORD TODAY KNOWING
IT IS NOT TOO LATE—IT’S HIS IDEA FOR YOU TO BE SAVED!

REPENT OF YOUR SIN
SURRENDER YOUR ALL TO HIS OUTRAGEOUS LOVE
ASK TO RECEIVE A FULL OIL LAMP TO BE READY AND SEE TRUTH
YOUR SALVATION CAN BE SURE—EVEN TODAY!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40am On Nov 05, 2012
Born of God
November 2, 2012.

"If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him" (1 John 2:29).

This is the first of seven occurrences of the phrase "born of God" or "born of him," in the little epistle of First John. If anyone wishes to know how to recognise one who has truly been "born again," these seven descriptors are available for that purpose.

The first such test, in our text, is that such a person is one "that doeth righteousness." The second and third are found in 1 John 3:9: "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." That is, he will not practice sin because God’s own nature has been implanted in him.

Another evidence is genuine love. "Love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God" (1 John 4:7). Still another is genuine faith in Christ, which in turn produces genuine love. "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him" (1 John 5:1).

Those who are truly born again will not be permanently defeated by the world. "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 John 5:4-5).

Finally, "We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not" (1 John 5:18 ).

The term "born again" is being used very loosely these days, and we need to realise that true regeneration is a permanent, life-transforming miracle accomplished by God Himself in a believer’s life. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
Think on These Things
November 3, 2012.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things" (Philippians 4:8 ).

It is nearly impossible these days to turn on the TV, go shopping, go out to eat, read a newspaper, go online, etc., without our minds being cluttered and our thinking infiltrated by all sorts of improper thoughts. In our text, Paul gives us guidelines for our thinking. Let us investigate them.

True--or genuine, honest, and sincere. We should concentrate on honesty in all our dealings, for, "God is true" (John 3:33), and Christ said, "my record is true" (John 8:14).

Honest--or better, honourable toward all. Strive to "lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty" (1 Timothy 2:2).

Just--or equitable. "Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal" (Colossians 4:1).

Pure--without spot or stain. "Neither be partaker of other men’s sins: keep thyself pure" (1 Timothy 5:22).

Lovely--literally, "towards love," i.e., those things which demonstrate love or a response of love. This word only appears here in the New Testament.

Of good report--that which elicits praise.

Virtue--a standard of righteousness. He "hath called us to glory and virtue" (2 Peter 1:3).

Praise--our speech should be to "the praise of them that do well" (1 Peter 2:14).

Surely our lifestyle and thought patterns need adjusting as noted above, particularly when the verb tense in the command "think on these things" implies a life-long habit--a continuous way of doing things. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Fynestboi: 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
If u knw u gat d talent of SINGING and u so wish 2 so case such talent, cums dis FRIDAY (9TH NOVEMBER 2O12) ATAMATASE CHOIR wuld be organizing a PRAISE NITE. @ church auditorium(79, isolo road) come along wit as many package u gat, and u wuld be Bless...... Cum and experience d Power of PRAISE.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Fynestboi: 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2012
Its here again. CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH ATAMATASE CHOIR Anniversary. Comes dis Sunday(11thNovember 2012)
@ 79 isolo road mushin lagos,
by 3:30pm. Cum and experience d POWER OF PRAISE, as we perform. ROLLING SEASON by CALEB SIMPER. Spiced with yoruba classics. Cum and be blessed
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
Root of Bitterness
November 4, 2012.

"Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled" (Hebrews 12:15).

Bitterness and a bitter spirit should never characterize a person who has experienced the saving grace of God through Jesus Christ. No matter how seriously one may have been wronged, if he has known God's forgiving grace for his own wrongdoings, he should manifest that same grace in his life toward others, even though they do not merit it (for neither did he merit God's forgiving grace himself).

Bitterness is a characteristic of the ungodly "Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness" (Romans 3:14). A Christian must never try to rationalize it as "righteous indignation" or to think that certain injustices give him the "right" to be bitter and resentful. "If ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish" (James 3:14-15). Rooted bitterness will soon "spring up," not only robbing the bitter believer of joy and true fruitfulness, but bearing bitter fruit whereby many others will "be defiled."

The antidote, of course, is never to "fail of the grace of God." That is, we need to be "looking diligently," moment by moment, at the wonderful grace of God by which we were saved through faith and in which we continue to live each day.

Therefore, "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you" (Ephesians 4:31-32). Otherwise, we not only hurt both ourselves and others, but we also grieve "the holy Spirit of God" (v. 30). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
[size=13pt]Words of the LORD:

“I am that GATE—I am the NARROW PATH, the WAY OUT.”

(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, November 1, 2012)
Daughter, listen closely:
There are many dark clouds arising in the world. They are gathering around MY children: those who follow ME with a passion.
I am watching out for MY own. I am a GOD WHO is true to MY Word. I will protect MY bride. She cannot be touched by MY enemy—as long as she is FULLY MINE and pressing into ME. He cannot take her soul away. Her soul is MINE for eternity and MY SPIRIT guards her spirit. OUR SPIRITS are ONE: MY wife and I. This is by design—an eternal plan forged at the foundation of the world and no one can pluck MY true bride out of MY Hand.
She has her footing on the Solid ROCK—I am that ROCK. I am the source of all peace, security, safety, and well-being. Only I deliver a foundation of wholeness. I bring serenity and peace of mind in the midst of the storm. I calm the raging seas of the heart. I am the Great REDEEMER and COMFORTER. All is well when you are under MY Care and Keeping: all else is sinking sand and shifting shadows.
The times are too hard to go it alone. MY enemy lurks around you like a prowling lion looking for who he can pursue and destroy. Only those who rest safely in the center of MY Will, finds safety. In MY Will, all who find rest there find the salvation of their soul, right standing with GOD, and resilience against the waves that rage around them in a world of human turmoil. Only through MY peace of mind, which I give freely to those who seek ME, will the world seem navigatable.
Children, you must come toward ME now—you must run into MY Open Arms. Come swiftly, like an elk freed from a trap. Run to your freedom. I am that GATE—I am the NARROW PATH, the WAY OUT. Only by ME can you find freedom…only by MY Blood. All other doors lead to hell. Many are in hell because they did not seek ME.
Come and find salvation for your hungry soul. Let ME give water for your thirsty spirit. Let ME bring healing to your mind and your heart. Only the waves of MY Love rolling over you will carry you. MY Love is a banquet set before you to taste and enjoy. MY enemy may offer you what tastes sweet at first, but it will soon become bitter poison leading to your death.
Seek ME for all your answers. Flee from the trap set for you by MY enemy. He knows the hour is short and he is bent on your destruction. Save yourself in MY Blood Covering that I alone can give you to shield you from the judgment deserved for your life of sin against the Will of a HOLY GOD. Only the ransom I paid for you on a hard cross of death will cover your sin-debt due when you come face-to-face with your GOD: JUDGE SUPREME of the Universe. MY Holy Name will be vindicated for all those who rise up against ME with unrepentant hearts who will not acknowledge and receive MY Debt paid in full for them. Shock and dismay will be their reaction when they face their GOD on that day that they render an account of their life.
All will stand before ME and give an account of their life. MY bride will receive her glory and honor and MY enemies will receive death and eternal destruction.
How do you choose?
Honor ME and humble yourself. SURRENDER ALL to ME; REPENT for a life of sin; FORGIVE all those around you; INVITE MY SPIRIT to take over your life giving HIM FULL ACCESS, holding nothing back. Come to ME now. Your time is slipping away. MY Warnings are sure.

This is your GOD
The LOVER of your soul…SAVIOR of all mankind[/size]

[b]Coordinating Scripture:
John 10:27-30 (KJV): 27MY sheep hear MY Voice, and I know them, and they follow ME: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of MY Hand. 29MY FATHER, which gave them ME, is Greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of MY FATHER's Hand. 30I and MY FATHER are ONE.
Matthew 7:25-27 (KJV): 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Psalm 116:7 (KJV): Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.
Matthew 7:14 (KJV): Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
John 4:13-14 (KJV): 13JESUS answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Psalm 119:103 (KJV): How sweet are THY Words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Revelation 20:12 (KJV): And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before GOD; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ask What Ye Will
November 5, 2012.

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:7).

The precious promise in this verse has been an inspiration to the faithful down through the centuries. It becomes even more amazing when attention is paid to the original Greek language in which it was written.

Abiding implies a close personal fellowship with someone; in this case, the personal, loving Lord Jesus: "As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love" (v. 9). Such an abiding on our part will be evidenced by obedience, love for Him and for the brethren, and joy (vv. 10-14). Our minds and hearts will be in total harmony with His, guided by such a walk and His words.

"Ye shall ask" does not carry the proper force in English. This is a command in the imperative mode in Greek--a challenge, if you will. He challenges us to "ask what ye will" (literally, "whatever ye desire" ) and see Him faithful. Desire speaks of something different than need, indeed it speaks of an "inclination." He is not afraid we will ask for selfish inclinations, for if we "abide" in Him, our desires are His desires, and we will naturally ask for those things which glorify Him. "Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples" (v. 8 ).

Notice the word "done," which in Greek stems from the word meaning "to come into existence." God will answer our unselfish prayers, even if He has to transcend natural law or even create something to do so. He even challenges us to "ask" without hesitation, as implied by the Greek construction.

If we meet the condition of "abiding" in Him, as a branch "abides" in the vine (vv. 1-5), He will place in us the desire to bring forth much fruit (v. 5) to His glory and to our everlasting delight. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:47am On Nov 07, 2012
[size=13pt](letter dictated by Jesus Christ to susan)

Susan, write it down. These are MY words your LORD JESUS.

Today is a new day. Tomorrow will be another day. Day after day, the days go by. People think nothing new is going on. “Same today as yesterday, each day folds into the next,” they say. But, let ME tell you the time is running out. The hour is waning—precious moments disappearing. Time is dwindling away. The hour is closing in. Each moment is precious is now. These moments are precious.

Please consider what I am about to say. Your life here is in the balance, hanging in the balance. Your hour is dwindling away. You are running out of time to decide whether you are going to choose ME your LORD JESUS or to go with the enemy. He is waiting to see what you will do. The hour is closing in. There is a battle ensuing for your soul, your very soul. You have no idea what is going on around you. The enemy is a raging force, a raging lion waiting to devour you.

It is true—the hour is at hand. Men are asleep. They cannot see the condition of their hearts. They are far from their CREATOR. They are miserably far. They are far from reason. They have lost their minds. They are losing their souls.

My pleas are desperate. The hour is waning…closing in. Time is short and you think you have all the time in the world, but sadly you do not. The clock is ticking away. What choices will you make? Are you ready to walk away from this world into MY wide outstretched arms and to leave with ME? I will be leaving with the church soon. She is ready. I am ready. I, LORD JESUS am ready. We are ready. Will you join us?

Evil is closing in. You are blind if you can’t see it. You have left the path of light if you can’t see the darkness closing in. Where is your head? Have you lost your senses? The time is short and you are enamored with the world and all its iniquities. It is a disease, a plague. You cannot have ME and love the world.

My children back away. Look at what lies ahead. Come to your senses. See the evil brewing. All segments of life are touched by evil. It is pervasive—controlling—relentless—futile. Life is over as you have known it. The end as you have known it is here. You may escape with ME or stay and experience a new way of life. It will be most unpleasant for anyone who craves peace, love, happiness, purity, wholeness, GOD’s peace. These moments you crave, will be a thing of the past, a distant memory.

You think all is well now. The hour is short. Normal will be no more very soon. Nothing will be normal soon. Sin will be exponentially greater. Evil will abound. The love of many will grow cold—stone cold. Harsh sounding? Honesty. I am giving you truth. The winds are changing.

I am leaving with MY people soon, MY beloved people. Be among them and you will escape all this to come. Why stay and be subjected to torture and death? Why? I offer you a beautiful home in heaven. The difference between the two is stark. You have two choices. Choose ME and live in beauty, eternal peace, and bliss. Reject MY offer and die in squalor. Die a sad death.

I AM GOD. I know the future. I see what’s coming. I am trying to warn you. Be with ME and you will never regret your choice. Stay and regret will be your constant thought. Let ME be your FATHER, PROTECTOR, COMFORTER, SAVIOR, LOVER. I AM ALL. When people put themselves in outer darkness apart from their all-knowing, all-loving CREATOR for eternity, they abandon all hope. There is endless hopelessness. It is the worm that doesn’t die. The loss is far greater than the human mind can comprehend. Walk through that door and be lost forever more.

I am the source of goodness—all things good, sweet, pure, beautiful. This is who I am. Shut yourself off from ME, reject MY proposal and never-ending emptiness, darkness, torment, hopelessness: hell is real. Many, many are going there. The regret is eternal. Your mind has trouble grasping eternity.

Choose against ME and discover that you have made a move that has eternal consequences. You will never see ME again. You will never hear MY voice. You will never experience MY ways: I am LOVE…I am HOPE…I am KINDNESS…I am PEACE…I am WISDOM…I am KNOWLEDGE…I am STRENGTH…I am SAFETY…I am BLISS…I am JOY…I am TRUTH…I am GREATNESS…I am LIFE…I am ADORATION. I am all the good things you enjoy in this world. Hell does not have these things. It will be never-ending sad futility.

My children who are in hell have no hope. They will not find hope or love again. They are experiencing the worst things. Some of MY children have witnessed hell and speak of it. Many have been there for short times and experienced its anguish. But there is nothing worse than an eternity apart from ME, your MAKER. I am sorry for their loss, but MY Word is clear and the people are without excuse if they choose against ME and find themselves in hell.

Now I am putting forth MY final pleas and I am warning you about the horror to come. This world wants horror instead of GOD. This world cherishes horror over GOD, so this world will have its horror and I shall not bother it. MY people left will have to go through the worst imaginable things. I want them to know that the choice they are making now has severe consequences if they choose against ME. Come with ME and be saved, stay and suffer.

Let ME tell you something. Your choice now will have long term ramifications. It will be very hard for those who want to turn back to ME. The choice now is easy. Later it will be very difficult. Choosing for ME will be very hard after I take MY people home. Come with ME now. Follow ME now. Save yourself. Time is running out. Don’t waste precious moments. Turn, turn, turn NOW. Repent! Lay your life down before ME. Give ME everything. I will save you. Now is the deciding hour. Time is running out.

I, GOD, I, JESUS am waiting for your answer.[/size]

.."For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds".... Titus 2:11-14 NASB

...."Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God".... Romans 5:1-2 NASB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2012
grace5: [size=13pt]
YOUR LORD JESUS SPEAKS .
Oh, Lord, people are not getting the soon sudden destruction and rapture message. Do you have words regarding this message?
Yes, my daughter, I have words. The people do not get it because they have their heads in the sand. They don’t want to take their heads out because then they would have to look around and see that things aren’t right in the world and they are never going to be because there is an antichrist system being set in place. Everything is there, it is just waiting to happen.
The people believe they are going to get Obama out of office and put Romney in. Do you have words regarding this line of thinking?
The people have always put their faith and trust in what they see and in what they believe they can do. This is no different. They believe they are going to get Obama out and put Romney in and all will be okay but this is not true. Obama will have a higher trump card than Romney. Whatever hand Romney plays Obama, by hook or crook, will come up with a higher point hand and win the game. This will cause destruction and death in the land.
What about the rapture, Lord? I know we can’t know the day or time. What do you have to say?
The rapture is right around the corner. The people have been warned and better be ready. So few are ready, though. They shun the message and fight it because they don’t want to change their lifestyle to accommodate for the rapture.
What is going to happen when the Bride is removed from the earth in the rapture?
There will be sudden destruction, a nuclear event, a solicited one will occur in the U.S. at the time of the rapture. This is what will elicit the rapture. I will not allow my Bride to be radiated or destroyed. She is Mine. I paid a high price on the cross for her and laid down my life for her. I will not allow evil men and an evil system to harm her in any way.
What will this mean for those left behind?
Those left behind will be the sorriest people on this earth. There will be great moans and groans and weeping sweeping across the earth. The earth will be in ruins because of multiple nuclear reactions across the globe, not only in the U.S. but all across the globe. The people will realize something very evil has happened. Marshall Law will be ushered in quickly to control the people because of widespread looting, robbery, and crime. People will be attacked and robbed on the streets, in their yards and in their homes. No one will be safe. There will be widespread hunger and lack of drinking water. People will become desperate and like wild animals. The world has never seen the evil that will be unleashed when the Bride is taken.
Is there a way for those left behind to be saved?
Yes, they must profess their faith in Me to authorities and refuse the RFID health care chip in their hand or forehead. They will then be arrested, tortured in FEMA camps and beheaded. These children will arrive in heaven in glory for they refused

the mark of the beast, the health care chip. I will give them each a crown with jewels for their martyrdom.[/size]
[b]
Verses I am including to go with the Lord’s words:
1 Thes. 5:1-3 NKJV ‘But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.’
Prov. 28:26 NIV “Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe.”
Mark 13:32-33 NIV "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.
Revelation 20:4 NIV “I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands.[/b]

This was posted on September 14 2012 6:47 by grace5.

He that has an ear let him hear what the Lord says.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Lex007(m): 9:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
d ULTIMATE commandment is LOVE!....cos it is only wen u trully love GOD dat ur service 2 GOD wud trully COUNT!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02am On Nov 08, 2012
Christ Our Leader
November 6, 2012.

"For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings" (Hebrews 2:10).

The Lord never asks us to go anywhere that He has not gone before. He is the captain (literally, the "leader"wink of our salvation, and we only need follow our divine leader. The same word is used in Hebrews 12:2, where we are exhorted to be "looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith." "Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps" (1 Peter 2:21). "Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince |same word| and a Saviour" (Acts 5:31).

The same wonderful truth appears under various figures. He is our Shepherd, for instance, and He says, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish" (John 10:27-28 ). He also illumines our path. "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12). He guides us along the way by His indwelling Holy Spirit. "When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth. . . . and he will show you things to come" (John 16:13).

With such a dauntless leader, a perfect example, a loving Shepherd, a clear light, and an infallible guide, we are (or should be) happy to follow Him, even if the way sometimes seems steep and hard.

He is the goal and prize at the end of the journey. For Him, Paul said, "I have suffered the loss of all things . . . that I may win Christ . . . forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:8, 13-14). HMM

For more . . . .

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:20am On Nov 08, 2012
Where to Bestow Our Wealth
November 7, 2012.

"And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits" (Luke 12:16-17).

God called this rich man, "Thou fool" (Luke 12:20) because, rich as he was in his own eyes, he was "not rich toward God" (v. 21). Instead of choosing to bestow his goods on others in need or on any kind of ministry for God, he decided to build more barns and "there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods" (v. 18 ). The barns did not need them, however, and neither did the rich fool, for he died the very night on which he made this selfish decision.

The intensity of his self-centred nature is pointed up by the fact that he used personal pronouns (I, my) no less than eleven times in three verses (vv. 17-19). Furthermore, no counselor advised him on this course of action. He just "thought within himself" (v. 17) to keep it all for his own comfort and pleasure.

Jesus told this parable not just to rebuke selfish rich people, however, but to warn all of us against the wicked sin of covetousness "which is idolatry" (Colossians 3:5). "Beware of covetousness," He said, in introducing the parable, "for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth" (Luke 12:15).

Complaining American Christians (and almost all American Christians are wealthy compared to multitudes in many other nations) need to hear the ancient word of the psalmist still relevant today: "Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased; For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him. . . . Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish" (Psalm 49:16-17, 20). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2012
[size=13pt]Fix your eyes on JESUS!

Yesterday I read one of the newspapers talking about how Evander Holyfied(former 5 time world heavy weight champ) had run bankrupt after all that he had achieved in his career as a boxer.
I saw a picture of his mansion which fascinated me. Naturally i am not materialistic but I knew God was teaching me something. He had 109 rooms in that mansion.
He had excess rooms that could house all his 11 children and his ex wives but due to bankruptcy the house had to be sold.
He had to spend millions a year to maintain that house.
Jesus said in my Father's house there are many mansions.
Jesus meant there are countless mansions in heaven. Jesus told us to lay up treasures in heaven where thieves and moth cannot destroy.
After achieving so much in life, Evander Holyfied cannot maintain what he has acquired. Jesus is able to do far more than we can imagine or think or ask.
Every thing done for God's glory earns a reward in heaven. Jesus has been teaching me that the little acts which we consider as nothing is revered in heaven.
Remember the widow who gave her last coin. Are you so concerned with the things of the earth or you are looking for a continuing city?
Abraham was very rich yet he chose to dwell in a tent.
Abraham could have built a sky scrapper but he forsaw his inheritance in heaven. Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying don't acquire property on earth.
I'm saying use your resources to glorify Jesus. Everything that gives Jesus glory gladdens the heart of the Father.
When you thank Jesus out of a cheerful heart it becomes tangible in the spirit.
I don't know about you but since Jesus taught me this my mindset about heaven has changed.
I sincerely desire to make it to my Father's house and I don't want to go to heaven and inherit just 2 bedrooms and a small kitchen.
If Evander Holyfield could acquire 109 rooms then how much more the children of the kingdom.
Jesus said it is the Father's good pleasure to give us the kingdom. God remembers every act of love done for His sake.
You can accumulate as much wealth in heaven. We have to love Jesus and pursue what He stands for.
Can you imagine a mansion built with gold, diamond,topaz, gems, pericious stones? Jesus wants to give us a nice treat.
Anything we do on earth must be done out of love. If we are giving, we should give out of love.
You may be disappointed because people don't appreciate your kind deeds but I want to tell you that Jesus sees it and He appreciates it.
You have a treasure in heaven. You may not have a good voice like me but sing from your heart to Jesus. He loves your hoarse voice.
You may have only $1 in your pocket during offering. Don't feel ashamed to give. Give it in faith and you will earn rewards in heaven.
Jesus told me that there is more blessing in the areas neglected by many. Many neglect praying for others. Many neglect witnessing to the lost.
If you are faithful in such areas you earn rewards in heaven. Jesus said what is highly esteemed by men is nothing to God. Jesus doesn't look at numbers.
If He can find 5 sheep who are worshipping Him in truth and spirit He prefers that to a 10000 who are following Him religiously.
Jesus also told me that above all we should look to Him not the rewards.
If we focus on Him, He will help us to accumulate the treasures. He wants us to love Him.
Are you heavenly minded or you are still walking in your own will chasing the world as if it will remain forever? One day Jesus will shake the heavens and the earth.
Everything material will not stand. Where is your heart? Is your heart and mind focused on Jesus or a better Ghana or whatever country you are coming from?
There is a city of bliss ahead of you.
Heaven is for overcomers. Are you striving to be like Jesus or you are aiming to be like your favourite artist in the world.
Few years back Ronaldinho was my idol but thank Jesus he is no more. Who do you want to be like? As for me I want to be more like My Father Jesus.
I want to live for Him. Be heavenly minded. Lay up treasures in heaven.
A poor Lazarus with sores on earth was a rich man in heaven. In the day of trouble your fat bank account can't save you.
Seek to build Jesus' kingdom. Seek to bring glory to Him. Jesus loves us so much. Be encouraged.
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Don't give up the journey half way.[/size]

Matthew 6:19-21[ERV] “Don’t save treasures for yourselves here on earth. Moths and rust will destroy them. And thieves can break into your house and steal them.
Instead, save your treasures in heaven, where they cannot be destroyed by moths or rust and where thieves cannot break in and steal them. Your heart will be where your treasure is.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2012
For Us
November 8, 2012.

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8 ).

"Christian" liberals for many generations have scoffed at the biblical doctrine that the death of Christ could serve as a substitutionary sacrifice for the sin of the whole world. Like all other religions, their form of religion assumes that each person is responsible for his own salvation, which must somehow be earned by his own good deeds and religious observances. Some have a very rigid code of ethics, some talk of mental attitudes that ascend to higher planes through meditation, some emphasize only love, others simply feel that the good must somehow outweigh the bad. All rely on human abilities to gain salvation.

Nevertheless, the Bible clearly teaches that "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23) and, as our text emphasizes, "Christ died for us." This pungent phrase, "for us," appears repeatedly in the New Testament. Listen to this refrain:

"|God| spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all" (Romans 8:32). "For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us" (1 Corinthians 5:7). "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us" (Galatians 3:13). "Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God" (Ephesians 5:2). "Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity" (Titus 2:14). "Christ also suffered for us" (1 Peter 2:21). "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us" (1 John 3:16).

Hereby we perceive His great love for us! He was delivered up for us, sacrificed for us, made a curse for us; He gave Himself for us, suffered for us, and laid down His life for us. We were helpless, lost in sin, altogether unable to pay for our sins, but "Christ died for our sins" (1 Corinthians 15:3), and we are saved! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by olushaggy(m): 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2012
Hey! all in this trend, may the peace of God be with you all. IJN.
What an inspiring fellowship; i love it so much and hope to always follow...
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
Never Forsaken
November 9, 2012.

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee" (Deuteronomy 31:6).

The promise that God will never leave nor forsake His people occurs often in Scripture. It was given here through Moses to the children of Israel as they were preparing to enter the land promised long ago to Abraham. Two verses later, it was then repeated personally for Joshua, who was to be their leader in the coming battles.

Essentially the same promise had been made to Jacob as he began to assume his God-ordained role. "Behold, I am with thee," God had said, ". . . for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of" (Genesis 28:15). It was again repeated directly to Joshua by God. "As I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee" (Joshua 1:5).

David passed on the same promise to Solomon as he became responsible for the kingdom and for building the great temple. "|God| will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD" (1 Chronicles 28:20). "I the God of Israel will not forsake them" (Isaiah 41:17) was the Lord's promise still later to the faithful Israelites.

And we can rejoice today in this same wonderful promise. "He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me" (Hebrews 13:5-6). This remarkable verse has five negatives in the Greek, so that it could even be rendered literally as something like: "I will never, never leave thee, and never, never, never forsake thee." Surely this is one of the greatest of God's "exceeding great and precious promises" (2 Peter 1:4). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 3:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
[size=13pt]TIME TO POSSESS

The Church is in a Prophetic time of learning to rule in the midst of the enemy. The Lord has spoken, and He has said that He is teaching His dread warriors how to war against Satan's hordes.

The Kingdoms of this world will now begin to become the kingdoms of our Lord. It is time for God's people to possess the Kingdom of God; it is time for the saints of the Most High to possess their inheritance in Christ. God's people will begin to possess their inheritance (everything promised them in the Word of God) as they dispossess the enemy. This possession of the kingdom of God will be in direct proportion to the dispossession of the strongholds of the enemy, both personally and corporately.[/size]

Dan 7:18 'But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.'

This time is "the season of possession." Those who are possessed by the Holy Spirit will do mighty exploits against Satan's kingdom and take back what has been stolen from them.

Leviticus 20:24 But I have said to you, "You shall inherit their land, and I will give it to you to possess, a land flowing with milk and honey." I am the LORD your God, who has separated you from the peoples.

Numbers 33:53 'you shall dispossess the inhabitants of the land and dwell in it, for I have given you the land to possess.

[size=13pt]The Lord of Hosts plans on making a distinction between those who fully belong to Him and those who don't. There is a righteous remnant who love the Lord with all of their hearts, and they are about to possess the fullness of what the Lord has promised them.[/size]

Zechariah 8:11 'But now I will not treat the remnant of this people as in the former days,' says the LORD of hosts.
Zechariah 8:12 'For the seed shall be prosperous, The vine shall give its fruit, The ground shall give her increase, And the heavens shall give their dew; I will cause the remnant of this people To possess all these.

[size=13pt]People of the Lord, do not give up! The enemy has fought hard to keep you from inheriting God's promises, but now comes the "season of possession." Strengthen yourselves in the Lord as David did when he lost all at Ziklag. David encouraged himself in the Lord and recovered all that had been stolen from him. (See 1 Samuel 30:1-19). "He who puts his trust in Me (the Lord) shall possess the land and shall inherit My holy mountain." (Isaiah 57:13) Those who dwell in Zion shall fight against the enemy in the Day of His Power, and the gates of hell will not prevail against them.[/size]

Isaiah 28:5 In that day the LORD of hosts will be For a crown of glory and a diadem of beauty To the remnant of His people,
Isaiah 28:6 For a spirit of justice to him who sits in judgment, And for strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate.

[size=13pt]Rise up, you mighty men of God, for it is time for you to possess the gates of the enemy. You are grafted in sons of Abraham (Galatians 3:29), and the promise is to you.
[/size]

Genesis 22:15 Then the Angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time out of heaven,
Genesis 22:16 and said: "By Myself I have sworn, says the LORD, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son;
Genesis 22:17 "blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.

[b]Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might, for the battle belongs to the Lord. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord Himself will fight for you. The enemy will be delivered into your hands, for the Lord always leads us into victory. David's statement is still true.

1 Samuel 17:47 "Then all this assembly shall know that the LORD does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord's, and He will give you into our hands.

Ephesians 6:10-18....
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints

"

[/b]
[size=13pt]
It is time for God's people to turn back the battle at the gate and possess the kingdom of God. You are the Dread Warriors of the Most High. Blow the trumpet in Zion, arouse yourself like a mighty man of war, and take the land for the Lord. He has given it into your hands![/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Teegreat(m): 11:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
It is here again!!! The Redeemed Christian Church of God Annual Congress.
Theme: Signs and Wonders.
Date: 10-15 december, 2012
Venue: Redeemption camp, along Lagos/ Ibadan express way.
It is an avenue for you to learn about signs and wonders, how wonders can be done through u without running about looking for who to pray for you. In fact, God will do wonders through that programme.
JESUS is calling you, bro and sis, you need God's sign, you need wonders and miracles.
¤¤¤let somebody shout hallelujah¤¤¤
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18am On Nov 11, 2012
Take Heed
November 10, 2012.

"And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you" (Mark 13:5).

In the account of Christ’s great prophetic discourse on the Mount of Olives, as recorded in Mark chapter 13, the Lord Jesus warns us no less than four times to "take heed!" This fourfold admonition (Mark 13:5, 9, 23, 33) must be important and demands our attention!

First of all, our text warns us not to be deceived by human claims of spiritual authority and prophetic insights, for there would come many deceptive teachers claiming to be the returning Christ. When Christ does return, all His saints will know beyond question, for they shall all "meet the Lord in the air" (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

His second warning tells us to be prepared for persecutions (Mark 13:9), for "In the world ye shall have tribulation," and "all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (John 16:33; 2 Timothy 3:12).

His third admonition warns of false christs and false prophets who will even "shew signs and wonders" (Mark 13:22-23). Many will be deceived unless they remember that neither prophecies nor exorcisms nor other wonderful works suffice for acceptance by Christ, if those who perform them are "work|ers of| iniquity" (Matthew 7:22-23).

The fourth "take heed" is a sober warning against trying to predict the time of His return. "Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is" (Mark 13:33). Such a warning is pointless if certain prophesied events must take place first, for then there would be no need to watch for Him. In the same discourse, as reported by Luke, Jesus gave a final such warning, speaking of this very danger. "Take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged . . . with . . . cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares" (Luke 21:34). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2012

“I can only offer the keys to MY Kingdom—I cannot force them into your hands.”

(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, November 9, 2012)

Children, it is I your LORD. I want to speak to you now.

There is a time coming where I will send a blast from MY Nostril down to this earth of MY Wrath and indignation against evil men—men who reject their GOD. The world has become an offense to MY Holy Senses. I no longer take pleasure in it. I find no pleasure in looking upon it. Only MY bride is pleasing to ME—a small select few who pursue ME at all cost. These are the ones I will soon release from the tyranny about to take over the earth.

MY precious bride will be unscathed and preserved from the evil overtaking this world. I cannot stand by and allow this world to wallow in its depravity unchecked any further. Soon there will be full retribution for the choices men make against a Holy GOD—their CREATOR—RULER SUPREME.

Although men choose not to believe in ME, that does not change the fact that I exist and all will face ME—each to give an account of his life before MY Holy Face to come into MY Eternal Glory by MY Blood Covering and Free Salvation or to face death, destruction, eternal punishment.

There will only be two possibilities for the outcome of your soul on the day you face your GOD and stand before ME to face the judgment of your life of decisions: either for ME or against ME. This will be the conclusion of your life on earth to receive eternal salvation and rest for your soul in MY Heavenlies or to receive the reward of punishment for rejecting the Will of GOD for your life.

So many stand before ME at the climax of their life on earth completely unprepared to face ME and are horrified at the outcome of their lifetime of choosing against ME when they find themselves outside MY Kingdom for all eternity. Very few choose the narrow path that leads to the eternal preservation of their soul. The enemy’s deception runs deep and wide: and broad is the road to destruction. Few make their way down MY Narrow Way of Salvation.

Most do not want to pay the price for MY Free Salvation. I, YEHUSHUA, paid the price for the salvation of men and in turn few are willing to give up the world, surrender their all, exchange their will for MY Will, carry their cross. Only a handful discover that what looks the hardest is ultimately the easiest way to go in the long run. Few persevere and overcome their fears of—and desires for the ways of—this lost world.

I can only offer the keys to MY Kingdom—I cannot force them into your hands. You must want to be freed from your attraction for this evil world and the lusts thereof. Only you can choose for yourself—no one else. Though many may try to reach you, only you must decide for or against ME.

You only have a short time remaining to run under MY Blood Covering to safety to pursue ME in all your ways and to surrender your all to ME with a remorseful repentant heart, forgiving all those around you. MY Word is complete. Don’t waste your time with the words of men. Seek MY True Word for the cleansing of your heart.

Purify your soul with a complete filling of MY SPIRIT within your spirit. Let MY SPIRIT burn out your impurities and make you whole and perfect to come before your GOD in this final hour. Choose the righteous path; turn from evil.

MY Love can sustain you in this life and prepare you for the Glories of the next life in MY Soon Coming Kingdom. Come and be fitted for your royal robes—white and pure.

I am the HOT COAL to purify your lips*

Come into MY Purifying Fires[/size]

[b]

Coordinating Scripture:

Luke 21:36 (KJV): Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the SON of man.

Romans 14:12 (KJV): So then every one of us shall give account of himself to GOD.

Romans 12:2 (KJV): And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, Will of GOD.

Matthew 7:13 (KJV): Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Luke 14:27 (KJV): And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after ME, cannot be MY disciple.

Matthew 11:30 (KJV): For MY Yoke is easy, and MY Burden is light.

*Isaiah 6:5-7 (KJV): 5 Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the KING, the LORD of hosts. 6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin [/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:10am On Nov 12, 2012
[size=13pt]‎"HAVE NO FEAR FOR DEATH - FUTURE HOLDS LIVING BREATH"
Manju Suri

When I soar to the land of eternal light and love, higher than the heavens above, insult me not with your sympathetic cries
I should feel for you from my inner core, for me, disease, shattering bones, sorrows heartaches no more, as my body dies
He will take me to a much better place, where I will see him face to face, by the power of his grace, I breathe in joy
So fear not death because of pain and thought of becoming obiliterated, for this state I long awaited,to serve as envoy

People fear death because they have been in this flesh cage, feeling timid about leaving its security page, insecure is future
But it is foolish to be afraid of starry astral, just think no more repaired tires on body vehicle, no one for your life to butcher
You don't know what is going to come to you in this world, until with time incidents are unfurled, bringing you nothing but sorrow
No more patchwork living, even the ones alive are dying, everyday with more problems arising, hope for a better tomorrow

I for one who has lost two sons was constantly grieving, but a gentle soul gave me this briefing, now I am glad they are free
When I shed tears in a torrent flow, it was my selfish need feeling hollow, but the Lord desires I live in this age old grown tree
Until comes death I have to keep and take care of it, so my life to him I submit, with a will to commit, I live for him alone
The world was meant to be an entertainment, need to look upon this movie with a sense of detatchment, but we groan and moan

Many spiritual people can see astral beings who have left material earth, where God realizes their true worth, both parts are his Creation
Your astral body is much freer from cosmic relation, this ought to be your great consolation, bound here in tribulation, in every generation
Even if you cannot see your lost beloved ones, be it brothers, sisters, daughters or sons, you can become aware of their presence in new form
I know how difficult a task, like pouring out granules from a flask, people prefer to wear a mask, it is much easier said than done for a norm

So I would say have no fear for death, your future holds your living breath, think not of your worldly wealth, you have to leave it all behind
Only great masters who have attained oneness with the Divine Creator, can condense subtle vibrations of astral mediator, with presence of mind
When Jesus said, "Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it again," he had to divest himself of physical, astral and mental bodies to regain
And become one with the Spirit taking three distinct efforts to do this, he is the ultimate of peaceful bliss, he is living today forever to remain.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
Created to Rule the Day
November 11, 2012.

"And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also" (Genesis 1:16).

It seems that throughout history, mankind has ignored or distorted the purpose for which God created the sun. Many cultures have even worshiped the sun, teaching that the sun was the source of all being, even human life. Temples were built in its honor, human sacrifices were made to appease it, whole civilizations were dedicated to its worship.

The nation Israel, which had lived among sun-worshiping Egyptians for centuries, was warned not to "lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and . . . |see| the sun, and . . . be driven to worship" (Deuteronomy 4:19) under penalty of death, "For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God" (Deuteronomy 4:24).

One of mankind's primary purposes is to worship God, but the sun was created by God for man's benefit. He is a God of grace and desires to "freely give us all things" (Romans 8:32).

The purpose of the sun is no mystery. Its Creator says that along with the moon and stars it is "to divide the day from the night . . . and . . . be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years . . . to give light upon the earth" (Genesis 1:14-15).

There will come a time, however, when the sun will no longer be needed by God's people, for in our eternal home "there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light" (Revelation 22:5). "And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof" (Revelation 21:23).

Best of all, we shall be with Him. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2012
The Voice of the Lord
November 12, 2012.

"The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty" (Psalm 29:4).

This solemn phrase, "The voice of the Lord," occurs seven times in Psalm 29, centred especially on the awful judgment of the great Flood in the days of Noah. "The voice of the LORD is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD is upon many waters" (v. 3). It occurs many other times in the Old Testament as well, with a wide variety of applications and circumstances.

The very first time it occurs, however (and this is also the first occurrence of "voice" in the Bible, indicating thereby that it is God's voice--not man's--that we must hear if we seek guidance for life), is in the Garden of Eden immediately after man brought sin into the world. "And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden. . . . And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?" (Genesis 3:8-9). Mankind is lost and separated from God, but God calls unto each of us as He did to Adam, and we desperately need to hear His voice if our lives are to be fulfilled and spiritually fruitful.

In contrast to this scene of alienation, the final occurrence of a "voice" in the Bible is a beautiful scene of reconciliation when God again speaks to lost mankind, this time in glorious restoration of that broken fellowship. "And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God" (Revelation 21:3).

To hear His voice then, however, we must first hear His voice now, through His Word. Jesus said, "He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life. . . . the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live" (John 5:24-25). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:42am On Nov 14, 2012

“Seek MY Truth; pray for eyes to see the Truth; and what is soon approaching the world—unbridled evil.”

(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, November 7, 2012)

Yes WE can begin:

Here are MY Words. They are for MY children:

Children, I want you to listen to MY Words. I am a GOD of Truth—Everlasting Truth. I have stated to you the direction that I am moving in. I am trying to wake you, MY children up!

Can you see the dark hour that is approaching? It is moving fast to the hour of MY Return. I am a GOD WHO makes promises and keeps them. I am True to MY Word. MY Word will come about as I have said them. Read and study MY Book.

Soon children, I will allow the worst calamity to strike this earth that mankind has ever witnessed. It will be disaster upon disaster.

At the point MY bride is removed, the calamity will reach an unheard of plateau and those left behind will have unrivaled regrets realizing what they are about to face. No one will escape the hand of MY enemy—who claims to know ME as their SAVIOR. All will be wounded and pierced for aligning with ME against MY enemy. The destruction of those who love ME will be certain. There will be no one who will escape the evil intended for those who claim to be MY own after the bride has been lifted out to safety—better to know ME now and to be part of MY bride.

This can be yours if you will just LAY DOWN YOUR LIFE and SURRENDER YOUR ALL to ME. Give ME your FULL COMMITMENT. CHOOSE FOR ME against the world and all she stands for. REPENT of your sin you have committed while in the world. FORGIVE those around you. Ask for a FILLING of MY HOLY SPIRIT. SEEK TO FIND ME THROUGH MY BOOK. PROCLAIM YOUR DECISION TO OTHERS and tell others about the love you know through MY Sacrifice.

In exchange, I will give you Everlasting Life. I will write your name in MY Book of Life. I will give you a new name and a new mind and MY SPIRIT will indwell your spirit and you will be sealed by MY HOLY SPIRIT. There is very little time remaining to come to ME now. You don’t want to delay as evil is moving over the land in rapid succession. The hour of your redemption is nigh if you are among MY bride.

Come, let US reason together: seek MY Truth; pray for eyes to see the Truth; and what is soon approaching the world—unbridled evil. Dark storm clouds are forming. Don’t be caught unawares in the trap of MY enemy who longs to destroy MY children.

This Word is for your benefit. Don’t mock and reject it. Turn to your only hope.

Your SAVIOR,

CHRIST the LORD[/size]

[b]

Coordinating Scripture:

Isaiah 45:7 (KJV): I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Deuteronomy 32:4 (KJV): HE is the ROCK, HIS work is perfect: for all HIS ways are judgment: a GOD of truth and without iniquity, just and right is HE.

Mark 13:20 (KJV): And except that the LORD had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom HE hath chosen, HE hath shortened the days.

Revelation 20:4 (KJV): And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of JESUS, and for the Word of GOD, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with CHRIST a thousand years.

Revelation 3:5 (KJV): He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before MY FATHER, and before HIS angels.

Revelation 2:17 (KJV): He that hath an ear, let him hear what the SPIRIT saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Romans 12:2 (KJV): And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of GOD.

Ephesians 1:13 (KJV): In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that HOLY SPIRIT of promise,[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
Salvation in the Details
November 13, 2012.

"Make thee an ark of gopher wood. . . . The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits" (Genesis 6:14-15).

The Bible is a unified book with one Author, God, who uses words interconnected in specific literary ways to communicate His message. The Flood perfectly exemplifies how truth can be gleaned from careful study of literary clues in the text.

Genesis 6-9 are unusual in their level of careful detail, compared to all the preceding chapters. In Genesis 1-5, God accounts for about 1,600 years of history with very little narrative detail. Yet God takes four chapters--a snail's pace--to set the stage for and describe the single year of the Flood. Several clues point us to the reason why:

(1) The exclusivity of God's salvation: Only Noah and his family were saved out of an entire world of people that were in rebellion and under judgment.

(2) The grace in God's salvation: Surprisingly, God spared the animal "kinds" that lived on land. God could have destroyed the animal world and then re-created it, yet He chose to save the animals on the Ark.

(3) The success of God's salvation: Judgment and salvation were accomplished exactly as God planned. The Ark didn't sink, the animals didn't starve, and the passengers and crew didn't suffocate because God knew and planned for every detail of the Flood--including the exact size of the Ark to hold all the animals and people for a year (today's verses).

Peter echoed this message (2 Peter 2:1-9) to encourage his readers to trust God. If God didn't miss a detail in Noah's salvation, surely He can save you. God doubly encourages us to trust Him, both by Peter's exhortation and by the level of careful detail in Genesis 6-8. NTJ

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:08am On Nov 15, 2012
The Patriarchs
November 14, 2012.

"And he gave him the covenant of circumcision: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs" (Acts 7:8 ).

The word "patriarch" comes directly from the Greek and means "first father" Thus the patriarchs begotten by Jacob were the first fathers of the twelve tribes of Israel.

The Genesis patriarchs are types of all fathers. Adam was the patriarch of the human family. Through his sin, death came into the world, and death was first mentioned when God warned Adam he would die (Genesis 2:17).

But if Adam is the dying father, Noah can be called the righteous father. The word "just" (or righteous) is first used where it says "Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD" (first mention of grace), and then "Noah was a just man" (Genesis 6:8-9).

Abraham is the believing father, for "he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness" (Genesis 15:6). This is the first mention of "believe." Abraham is thus a type of all who are justified by faith. The first mention of sowing (symbolic of witnessing) is with Isaac, the sowing father. "Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him" (Genesis 26:12; compare Matthew 13:23).

Jacob was named Israel because "as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed" (Genesis 32:28 ). A single Hebrew word, only used here, is translated "power as a prince." Jacob, able to prevail in prayer with the angel of the Lord, is the powerful father.

These are the honoured patriarchs "of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came" (Romans 9:5). May all who are fathers today, like they, be believing, righteous, sowing fathers, powerful with God and men. HMM

For more . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

Ismail Haruna Converts To Muslim: Ex-Driver To Bishop David Abioye Of Winners / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response / Many 2go Users To Die Today-tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 273
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.