Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (74198 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31am On Nov 15, 2012
The Grace of Being Content
November 15, 2012.

"And having food and raiment let us be therewith content" (1 Timothy 6:8 ).

The last of God's Ten Commandments--and probably the most difficult to obey--deals with the sin of covetousness. "Thou shalt not covet . . . any thing that is thy neighbour's" (Exodus 20:17). "Take heed, and beware of covetousness" warned the Lord Jesus, "for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth" (Luke 12:15). This warning introduced His parable of the rich man whom God called a fool. "So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God" (Luke 12:21).

And how does one become rich toward God? "Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven. . . . Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. . . . seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:20, 25, 33).

We Christians--especially in an affluent society such as ours--all too easily fall into the trap of being possessed by our possessions and may even think these possessions are somehow God's reward for our "godliness." But Paul says those who suppose "that gain is godliness" are "destitute of the truth." We need to remember that in God's sight "godliness with contentment is great gain" (1 Timothy 6:5-6). And with Paul, we should strive to be able to say sincerely that "I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content" (Philippians 4:11).

God has promised to supply all our needs (Philippians 4:19), if we are faithful stewards of what He has entrusted to us. Therefore, God's Word commands: "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrews 13:5). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:27am On Nov 15, 2012
[size=13pt]HEAVENLY TREASURE OR earthly treasure !!!

When Jesus warns us not to store up treasures on earth, it's not just because wealth might be lost;
it's because wealth will always be lost. Either it leaves us while we live, or we leave it when we die.
No exceptions… Realizing its value is temporary should radically affect our investment strategy…

According to Jesus, storing up earthly treasures isn't simply wrong.
It's just plain stupid.
When you leave this world, will you be known as one who accumulated treasures on earth that you couldn't keep?
Or will you be recognized as one who invested treasures in heaven that you couldn't lose?
The more you give, the more comes back to you, because God is the greatest giver in the universe, and He won't let you outgive Him.
Go ahead and try. See what happens.

Stingy, selfish people who don’t give to God and their church are often the most unhappy, joyless people.
You’ve seen a selfish child gripping a toy in both hands, refusing to share with her little brother, crying and screaming, “Mine, mine, mine!”
She’s definitely not a happy child. Many Christian are holding their wallets in both hands and as they hear a message on giving they begin screaming, “Mine, mine, mine!”
They are not happy people.

Live a life with the attitude of pouring out a blessing.
As you give to others, you open a place to receive from God. And God isn't chinchy!
All I have here on earth is junk...My Treasure is with My SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!![/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Synergy22(m): 7:58pm On Nov 15, 2012
When you make a mistake, and society/critics attack you so hard, dont be perturbed, it would just be a sign that you are making progress and they cant stand it, so they come hard on you, sometimes we learn the hard way as well, but in all, never give up. Dönt let failure be the reason you never rose to fulfill your destiny. Keep up the struggle to achieve your aim and reach the mark. God will see you through.. Don't be distracted!!. "synergy". We care @ synergy. Join us at www.facebook.com/synergyHome
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2012
[size=13pt]Praise is what I do.....

My Heart belongs to you....There is Healing in praising you....There is Deliverance in praising you....
There is peace in praising you...there is joy in praising you...there is anointing in praising you...I praise you forever Lord...
You are worthy...You are worthy precious...Lord...You are so Great ..You do Mighty Miracles...There is no one else like you...
I love you precious Lord...I praise you...I praise you...I worship you in the beauty of Your Holiness...Come on and Worship the Lord God...
He is worthy...All glory belongs to Jesus...As I lift My hand unto you...I praise you...I worship you....I sing praising unto Your Name...
Oh Jesus..Jesus...There is no one else like you...Precious Lord...Oh tongues...tongues....tongues....I worship you Jesus...You're Incredible...
Oh Jesussssssss...OH HALLLEUJAH...GLORY GLORY .GLORY...THERE IS NO ONE ELSE LIKE YOU...I WORSHIP YOU JESUS...HALLELUJAH...I PRAISE YOUR HOLY NAME...
OH HOW I LOVE YOU MY PRECIOUS PRECIOUS DADDY JESUS...OH HALLELUJAH..GLORAAAAAAAAAY!!! I WORSHIP YOU JESUS...TEARS..Tears.......HALLELUJAH.!!...
OH GLORY !!...GLORY!!...GLORY.!!...HALLELUJAH...I LOVE YOU PRECIOUS LORD...YOU ARE AWESOME IN THIS PLACE...HALLELUJAH ...OH HOW I LOVE YOU....
YOU ARE GREAT...YOU DO SO MANY BEAUTIFUL THINGS FOR YOUR CHILDREN...I LOVE YOU....OH GLORY ..GLORY...GLORY....THANK YOU HOLY SPIRIT...
THANK YOU FATHER YAHWEH...THANK YOU MIGHTY GOD OF CREATION....I BOW BEFORE THE THRONE AND PLEDGE MY LOYALTY....OH GLORY..HALLELUJAH...
THERE IS NO ONE ELSE LIKE YOU...PRECIOUS PRECIOUS JESUS....HALLELUJAH !![/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2012
[size=13pt]Words of the LORD:
“Those who will be left behind will become sober quickly after they learn the error of their ways and the tyranny they are about to face.”
(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, November 13, 2012)

November 13, 2012
WE May Begin:
MY children, it is your LORD of lords speaking. I am your Great GOD, Sovereign LORD, RULER of all.
The world no longer takes its GOD seriously. It wants to be ruled by evil—evil has come in and taken over. This is by MY design. I have allowed it because the people have chosen against ME in their hearts. They have chosen the lust for the world over their GOD, so now they will have their way and what results from rejecting GOD SUPREME for the lusts of the world.
Soon they shall find out what it means to distance yourself from GOD to pursue false gods, pagan beliefs, and the love of the flesh. This transparent, empty worship for things that have no worth will soon turn against all who partake in it. Their pursuit of the empty and worthless will lead them to great loss and eternal consequences: eternal punishment.
I do not take lightly to those who reject ME. The outcome will be very bad for those who choose against ME for the wooden idols and love of mammon. These will be left behind to face the worst. Very soon this will play out. Those who will be left behind will become sober quickly after they learn the error of their ways and the tyranny they are about to face. They will have missed their escape and salvation from tribulation and their losses will be great.
Only a few will be ready when I come for them. Why is this so? It is because only a few desire to press into ME. The world is so tantalizing and the people cannot take their hands off of her. Break free and follow hard after ME, your GOD and ONLY HOPE.
Only by giving ME a FULL SURRENDER with HUMBLE SUBMISSION, REPENTANCE OF SIN, and a DESIRE FOR A FULL OIL LAMP leading to intimacy with ME, your GOD, will you find the salvation for your soul.
The world will soon never be the same again. It is about to face horror and destruction: the like has never been seen before. It will only be MY Grace and Mercy that will finally put an end to it all and only by MY Power will the evil be stopped. Men cannot stop what is coming and they will not be able to keep it at bay. Fear and destruction and terror will reign supreme over the earth during the greatest tribulation man has ever seen.
Come out with ME when I call up MY few, MY bride, MY select. Only a few are going—very few. These ones know ME in the secret place where very few are willing to tread. Only a few want to make time to really know their GOD. This is what I require: intimacy. MY Word is very clear about this matter. Come now and get to know ME in the intimate place. There is no replacement for this closeness. The world cannot compare to eternity spent with GOD.
Children, your time is running out. MY enemy is getting closer and closer to his goal of tyranny over the people. I cannot wait forever on the hearts of MY people. Most are too far gone to recover. You need to turn and face your GOD before the time is too late.
These Words are True. Consider them seriously.
This is your GOD
Your BRIDEGROOM Cometh[/size]

Coordinating Scripture:
Matthew 6:24 (KJV): No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve GOD and mammon.
Luke 17:26-30 (KJV): 26And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the SON of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the SON of man is revealed.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Rick9(m): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2012
[size=18pt] worship God and be loyal to Jesus. Everything will be all right . Wow i love this section.
[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2012

LET'S PRAY :

IN JESUS NAME I TAKE ALL CURSES AND NEGATIVITY THAT'S BEEN SPOKEN AGAINST ME THIS DAY AND NAIL THEM TO THE CROSS OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH AND DEEM THEM NULL AND VOID!
I PUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS AGAINST THEM! SATAN....THEY ARE NO LONGER ACTIVE! I NULLIFY THEM WITH THE BLOOD! I REVERSE THE CURSE! EVERY DEMON THAT WAS CONNECTED TO THEM SATAN....
I ALSO BIND AND CAST OUT! I PLACE A NEW DOCUMENT OF BLESSINGS OVER THOSE CURSES STATING: BLESSINGS AS I GO IN AND BLESSINGS AS I GO OUT....
BLESSINGS IN EVERYTHING THAT I DO! FAVOR AND MERCY WILL BE SHOWN UNTO ME AND HONOR AND RESPECT WILL BE GIVEN UNTO ME AND I SIGN THIS NOW,
WITH THE SIGNATURE OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH AND SEAL IT NOW WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS! I DECLARE AND DECREE IT AS SO!!!!
Amen
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
grace5:

LET'S PRAY :

IN JESUS NAME I TAKE ALL CURSES AND NEGATIVITY THAT'S BEEN SPOKEN AGAINST ME THIS DAY AND NAIL THEM TO THE CROSS OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH AND DEEM THEM NULL AND VOID!
I PUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS AGAINST THEM! SATAN....THEY ARE NO LONGER ACTIVE! I NULLIFY THEM WITH THE BLOOD! I REVERSE THE CURSE! EVERY DEMON THAT WAS CONNECTED TO THEM SATAN....
I ALSO BIND AND CAST OUT! I PLACE A NEW DOCUMENT OF BLESSINGS OVER THOSE CURSES STATING: BLESSINGS AS I GO IN AND BLESSINGS AS I GO OUT....
BLESSINGS IN EVERYTHING THAT I DO! FAVOR AND MERCY WILL BE SHOWN UNTO ME AND HONOR AND RESPECT WILL BE GIVEN UNTO ME AND I SIGN THIS NOW,
WITH THE SIGNATURE OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH AND SEAL IT NOW WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS! I DECLARE AND DECREE IT AS SO!!!!
Amen

Amen!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
Asking and Receiving
November 16, 2012.

"For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened" (Matthew 7:8 ).

The tremendous resource of prayer is far too often neglected by far too many Christians. If nothing is standing between us and the Lord to keep us from asking effectively (sin, unbelief, selfish motives, etc.), then God has promised to act when we ask by giving us our request or something better. Note just a few of the many promises to those who ask:

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God . . . and it shall be given him" (James 1:5).

"Ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full" (John 16:24).

"How much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

"And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight" (1 John 3:22).

"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him" (1 John 5:14-15).

"If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it" (John 14:14).

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:7).

Obviously, there are conditions. These marvelous promises assume that those who ask are abiding in His commandments, truly desiring His will, having His priorities, thinking His thoughts, and are asking in faith and in His name. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
Son of God
November 17, 2012.

"Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead" (Romans 1:3-4).

It is noteworthy that the identification of Jesus Christ as the Son of God is directly associated with His resurrection from the dead. "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death" (1 Corinthians 15:26), and since only God Himself can conquer death, Christ’s bodily resurrection is the conclusive affirmation of His unique deity: "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matthew 16:16). Many others have claimed divine sonship, but all are dead--only Christ validated that claim by defeating death. "God . . . hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee" (Acts 13:33). "Death is swallowed up in victory . . . . through our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Corinthians 15:54, 57).

Jesus is explicitly called "the Son of God" about 44 times in the New Testament, only half as often as He is called "Son of man." Nevertheless, this great truth is clearly taught in numerous other ways than by the use of the title itself. It is so important that there is no salvation for the one who denies it. Jesus said plainly, "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18 ).

Because He lives, we who believe on His name will also live forever! "Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? . . . He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life" (1 John 5:5, 12-13). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
Jesus Christ--Our Hope
November 18, 2012.

"This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare; Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck" (1 Timothy 1:18-19).

Paul had been entrusted with the gospel of Jesus Christ by Christ Himself (vv. 1, 12-16), and he did not take this fact lightly when it was time to pass on the job of guarding and propagating the truth to others.

In our text, following his praise to God for giving him such a function, Paul now "charges" Timothy to follow in his footsteps. The word "commit" finds usage in banking vocabulary and implies a deposit of something of great value. Timothy was to continue to teach the valuable, life-changing truth of the gospel in love (v. 5) while guarding the flock against the teaching of false teachers (v. 3).

Paul had not found such a responsibility to be easy. In our text he reminds Timothy of this fact, encouraging him to "war a good warfare." Note the two weapons of Timothy’s warfare mentioned here. First, faith, which, while not specified, certainly implies faith in God and Christ’s atoning sacrifice, and faith that this cause is just and right. Second, a good conscience, yielding a life and ministry free from both controlling sin and the guilt of that sin. Such a conscience comes from a lifestyle brought into submission to God’s Word. In fact, this couplet--faith and a good conscience--is said to be "the end of the commandment" (v. 5), along with love.

Some (v. 19) had abandoned these vital weapons to the "shipwreck" of their own faith and the faith of their followers. Nevertheless, such weapons, properly used, are "mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds" (2 Corinthians 10:4). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:12am On Nov 22, 2012
The Only Way
November 19, 2012.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

This is surely one of the best-known, best-loved, most important, clearest, yet most profound verses in the Bible. There is no other way to come to God except through Christ, no other truth than that which is founded and centred on Christ, and no other eternal life except the life of Christ imparted to the believer--through faith in Christ.

All who teach otherwise are "thieves and robbers" of the soul, for Jesus said, "I am the door" (John 10:8-9). There is no other door to heaven and no other Shepherd of the sheep. He is the only "light of the world" (John 8:12) to illumine a world otherwise blackened by sin, "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (2 Corinthians 4:6).

He is "that bread of life . . . the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever" (John 6:48, 51), and there is no other such lifesustaining eternal food for the hungry soul.

Likewise, He is the "living water." "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink" (John 7:37-38 ). No other water satisfies. He is also the one "true vine" in whom we must abide for fruit-producing life. He said, "for without me ye can do nothing" (John 15:1, 5).

The Scriptures have made it abundantly plain that there is "none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

There is no other way; the Lord Jesus Christ is the allsufficient way, and the perfect way, to God. It is not that He shows the way; He is the way, and all who want to come, can come to God through Him. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15am On Nov 22, 2012
Our Hiding Place
November 20, 2012.

"For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock" (Psalm 27:5).

There are times in the life of each believer when the trials become overwhelming and the whole world seems to be falling apart. Without the Lord, it would be impossible to escape, but with the Lord there can be safety and restoration, for He can be our precious hiding place until the storm is done.

There are many gracious promises to this effect in His Word, and we need only to claim them to experience them. The "pavilion" in our text is best understood as the tent of the commander-in-chief, well-protected and away from the battlefront. Surely, we are safe there. "Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues" (Psalm 31:20). There is a wonderful Messianic promise in Isaiah 32:2: "And a man |that Man is Christ!| shall be as an hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest; as rivers of water in a dry place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land."

There, sheltered from the storm, our gracious Lord gives comfort and sweet counsel, until we are able to face the tempest victoriously. "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust" (Psalm 91:1-2).

One of the most beautiful of these promises introduces David's great song of deliverance: "The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my Saviour; thou savest me from violence" (2 Samuel 22:2-3). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
The Names of the Men
November 21, 2012.

"And these are the names of the men that shall stand with you: of the tribe of Reuben; Elizur the son of Shedeur" (Numbers 1:5).

These are the first entries in several long lists of names here in the book of Numbers--all names of men in the twelve tribes of Israel. We know nothing about most of these men except their names, so it is natural to wonder why God had Moses include them in the inspired Scriptures.

In fact, this is one of the objections that skeptics and liberals have raised against the doctrine of verbal inspiration of the Bible. What possible spiritual or doctrinal or practical purpose could be accomplished through these lists of names for any future readers of the Bible?

And there are, indeed, many such lists of names. For example, the first nine chapters of 1 Chronicles consist almost entirely of names. Then there are the lists in Ezra 2; Ezra 10; Nehemiah 7, 11, and 12; Romans 16; and others.

Information is included about some of these people, of course, and even the meaning of the names may warrant speculation about their parents' hopes for the children.

But there is also another very cogent reason for God to have included all these names of relatively less significant people in His book. He wants to assure us that He is interested not only in the Abrahams, Daniels, Pauls, and other great men in His kingdom, but also in the Elizurs and Shedeurs and Bills and Kates in His spiritual family.

There are many millions of names "written in the Lamb's book of life" (Revelation 21:27), and the heavenly Lamb--the Lord Jesus Christ--is also the Good Shepherd that "calleth his own sheep by name" (John 10:3). The names in His book here on earth are an assurance that He knows and calls us by each of our names in His book in heaven. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:27am On Nov 23, 2012
[size=13pt]
The God of the Universe Longs to Be with You

I AM God!
There is no other.
Remember always WHO I AM, and you will do well.
I am the One your heart seeks, even when you go down the wrong path to achieve that desire.
And I am the One who wants to meet you in your need for Me.
I am available, available to you.
The God of the Universe waits, even longs, for you to come to Him.
Would you stand up a date with the One who loves you so passionately, so longingly?
Yet I am God of power and might, God of justice and the Lord of Hosts.
You will see the power of this God manifest.
The earth will shudder at the onset of the coming of your God.
Though the mountains tremble, fear not, for I am the God who loves you.
Though the earth shakes, refuse to be dismayed, for I am in charge.
Trust in Me with your whole heart and come to Me.
Hide in the secret place of the Most High, the God of your refuge, for He is a sure defence and help in time of trouble. Amen.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
Thanksgiving in Heaven
November 22, 2012.

"And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats |thrones|, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD GOD Almighty, which are, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned" (Revelation 11:16-17).

This is the final reference in the Bible to the giving of thanks. It records a scene in heaven where the 24 elders, representing all redeemed believers, are thanking God that His primeval promise of restoration and victory is about to be fulfilled. The petition "thy kingdom come" (Matthew 6:10) is now ready to be answered.

Similarly, the final reference to the offering of praise is also set in heaven. "And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great. And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth" (Revelation 19:5-6).

The word "alleluia" is the same as the Hebrew word "hallelujah," meaning, "Praise ye the Lord!" Thus, the joyful notes of praise for who He is and thankfulness for what He has done will resound through heaven when Christ returns. Then, forevermore, the very lives of all His saints will be perpetual testimonies of thanksgiving and praise.

This is our destiny, if we have received Christ by faith as Saviour and Lord. It is important that our lives even now begin to reflect such a character, that we may be better prepared as the day approaches. "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (1 Thessalonians 5:18 ). "By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name" (Hebrews 13:15). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:49am On Nov 24, 2012
Our Hope
November 23, 2012.

"Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope" (1 Timothy 1:1).

Paul, in his opening salutation to Timothy, makes it clear that the Christian's hope is not just in Christ, but is Christ! In the New Testament, the term "hope" does not refer to some vague wish, but to a confident expectation of something (or someone) sure to come. It focuses especially on the promised return of Christ to complete His great work of redemption.

It is specifically called the blessed hope: "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13). It is also a living hope, for God the Father "hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" (1 Peter 1:3).

Furthermore, since Christ is our hope, it is a saving hope. "For we are saved by hope" (Romans 8:24). It is a glorious and joyful hope. It recognizes the present truth of "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27), so that we "rejoice in hope of the glory of God" (Romans 5:2).

It is not a blind hope but a reasonable hope, one founded on solid evidence, and every believer must "be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15).

Finally, this hope of the imminent coming of Christ, when at last "we shall be like Him," is a purifying hope, for "every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure" (1 John 3:2-3). It also is a stabilizing hope, "Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast" (Hebrews 6:19). In every way, God "hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace" (2 Thessalonians 2:16). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD & OTHER THINGS SHALL BE ADDED FOLLOW most people have neglected these words of our lord. They dont want to seek God. But they are after materialistic wealth, fame and other wordly things they dont have time to study the word of God in order to know what he(GOD) want us to do
Do Not Worry About The Food You Need In Order To Stay Alive Or The Clothes You Need For Your Body.
God the father in heaven is aware that we need those things to stay alive. God will never allow you to suffer. Just put your trust in him.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15pm On Nov 24, 2012
Called Before Birth
November 24, 2012.

"But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him" (Galatians 1:15-16).

There is great mystery here. Paul was the human writer of much of the New Testament, yet he also claimed divine inspiration. "I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ" (Galatians 1:11-12).

It was only a short time before, however, that Paul had been bitterly opposing that gospel. "Beyond measure," he said, "I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it" (Galatians 1:13). Eventually, he was converted and began to preach "the faith which once he destroyed" (Galatians 1:23). Yet, during all his years of fighting God's truth, he had already been separated unto God and called by His grace even before he was born, as our text reveals. His teachers in the synagogue, his studies under Gamaliel, and even his anti-Christian crusades were all being orchestrated by God to develop Paul into the unique person he would be, the great Christian whom God could use to write much of His own written Word. Paul's epistles were thus truly his epistles, derived from his own experience, research, study, reasoning, and concerns. At the same time, they came out as God's Word, inspired by the Holy Spirit, free from error and perfectly conveyed from God to man, because God had Himself ordained and planned all Paul's experiences and abilities and had implanted all these concerns in his heart.

And so it was with all the human writers of the Bible. God's Word (like Christ Himself) is both human and divine, yet meeting all our needs. This is mysterious indeed, but well within the capabilities of our omnipotent and gracious Creator. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:31am On Nov 26, 2012

“MY Salvation never weakens—no one can replace it, or take from it, or add to it.”

(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, November 21, 2012)

Daughter, here is the Word:

Children, you need to listen to ME, your GOD. There is very little time left as MY enemy is consuming the land. He is taking over the earthen vessels—MY people. He is ruling over those who allow him into their hearts. He is taking over their beings and stealing their souls away with his lies and deception. He has captivated the people so that they refuse to listen to their True GOD: CREATOR of all mankind.

A man’s soul is corrupted by evil until I place MY Hand upon him and he is drawn back to his CREATOR. When you feel the pull or draw of MY SPIRIT, HE is calling you back to ME—your LORD.

I laid MY Life down for you. I gave ALL: MY Sacrifice was complete—nothing was left undone. I became a Humble SERVANT of GOD to serve and meet the needs of the people, to show MYSELF Faithful, to give MY All to MY followers—those who would receive MY Message, MY Salvation: all who believe I am their GOD. This was MY Desire, to reach all men who would come to ME and receive MY Salvation for ALL time.

This Salvation is not diminished by time. It is just as potent now as the day I died on the cross for all men. MY Salvation never weakens—no one can replace it, or take from it, or add to it. MY Blood spilt is as powerful now as it ever will be. Take this gift, it is offered to you freely. It is available now—soon there will be a price to pay after MY church is removed. Those left behind will be required to lay down their lives to receive their salvation as MY enemy will require those who refuse his mark to taste death in exchange for refusing his control over them.

Choose for ME now and avoid this evil and tribulation. MY Salvation is free and available now. Come into MY Saving Grace and Mercy. Exchange your life of sin, and following MY enemy against MY Will, for the salvation of your soul. Receive MY SPIRIT in all HIS Fullness. Receive the gifts of MY SPIRIT as HE freely gives. Be clothed with the fruits of MY SPIRIT and receive a clean heart and a renewed mind. Now is the time to receive power through the indwelling of MY SPIRIT. This is MINE to give—yours for the asking.

Only you can choose. No one can choose this for you. Even I cannot force this gift on you. You must decide. Are you coming with ME or will I have to leave you behind? I want to spend eternity with you in MY Beautiful Heavens. Please choose for ME.

I am the LOVE of your life

CREATOR—MAKER—DESIGNER

of ALL life

HUMBLE GOD[/size]

2 Corinthians 4:6-7 (KJV): 6For GOD, WHO Commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of GOD in the Face of JESUS CHRIST. 7But we have this Treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of GOD, and not of us.

John 6:44 (KJV): No man can come to ME, except the FATHER which hath sent ME draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Mark 14:65 (KJV): And some began to spit on HIM, and to cover HIS Face, and to buffet HIM, and to say unto HIM, Prophesy: and the servants did strike HIM with the palms of their hands.

Hebrews 2:9 (KJV): But we see JESUS, WHO was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that HE by the grace of GOD should taste death for every man.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2012
Abide
November 25, 2012.

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing" (John 15:4-5).

As recorded in John 14-16, many of Christ's last words to His disciples as He was about to leave them regarded abiding. The word meno occurs 18 times in this discourse and is translated not only "abide," but also "remain," "dwell," "continue," and "be present." Let us look at what He told them about abiding while He was "yet present" (14:25) with them.

First, "the Father . . . dwelleth in me" (14:10), "I am in the Father, and the Father in me" (v. 11). That is, they are one and the same, inseparably abiding together, giving great power to those believing on Him (v. 12).

Furthermore, the very Spirit of God, the "Comforter," will "abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive . . . but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you" (vv. 16-17). "I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you" (v. 20).

Abiding in Him, as we see in our text and in verse 7 (as opposed to the tragic end of those who "abide not" |v. 6|), brings forth much fruit, and that fruit shall "remain" (v. 16).

There is one requirement--that we keep His commandments (14:23 and 15:10), and if we do so, we will "continue" and "abide" in His love (vv. 15:9-10). "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full" (15:11). Not only are we to abide while in this world, but throughout eternity. "In my Father's house are many mansions |same root word, meaning abiding places|: . . . I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (14:2-3). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:15am On Nov 27, 2012
[size=13pt]+ Whatever one establishes in fear and pride [self-desire] must [and will] be "maintained" by fear and self-effort.
That which is established in faith, love and obedience will produce true "rest" [Isaiah 58:13-14] and peace in that one's life - and will bear much fruit for both the Church and the Kingdom.

I have given you much power and authority in My Kingdom, My beloved ones. Use it and use it well [righteously] - in the power of My Spirit!
[/size]

...."For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind".... 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV

+

...."Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you".... Luke 10:19 NASB

...."And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age".... Matthew 28:18-20
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Nov 27, 2012
Four Commands
November 26, 2012.

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king" (1 Peter 2:17).

Our text today gives four commands for believers to obey, each of which is difficult but nonetheless "is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men" (v. 15). It comes in a lengthy passage (2:11-3:12) that discusses the matter of authority and a Christian's proper response to it. Ponder each command:

Honour all men. This could be translated, "Give honour to all." While the verb is the same as in the last command, its verb tense is not the same, here indicating a continued, conscious choice to do this, while honouring "the king" indicates the development of a lifestyle of showing respect to civil authority. Evidently our day-to-day encounters with sinful "men" require us to be continually choosing to regard them with honour and dignity. "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves" (Philippians 2:3).

Love the brotherhood. Our agape love--God's kind of unselfish, undeserved love--should extend, on a habitual basis as seen in the verb tense, to all believers. "See that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently" (1 Peter 1:22).

Fear God. A lifestyle marked by a reverential fear of God is in mind here. "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge" (Proverbs 1:7). "Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil" (Proverbs 3:7).

Honour the king. As mentioned above, this is to be a life's commitment, continually recognising the God-given authority of human government (1 Peter 2:1-14).

"Having your conversation |i.e., manner of life| honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation" (v. 12). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
Eternal Things
November 27, 2012.

"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:18 ).

One of the most difficult handicaps for a Christian to overcome is spiritual nearsightedness. It is easy to see temporal things, but hard to think on eternal things.

Paul, however, in the midst of an extremely busy and difficult temporal life, somehow did manage to keep his sights on that eternal life to which he was called. The wonderful redemption which Christ purchased for us with His blood is nothing less than "eternal redemption" (Hebrews 9:12); and therefore "he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him" (Hebrews 5:9). Consequently, as jointheirs with Him, "they which are called . . . receive the promise of eternal inheritance" (Hebrews 9:15). He is, surely, the "God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus" (1 Peter 5:10) and has there provided for us "everlasting habitations" (Luke 16:9).

All of these eternal things--eternal redemption, eternal salvation, eternal inheritance, eternal habitations, and eternal glory--are of infinitely greater value than the temporal things which crowd our minds and limit our goals. They are all a part of the wonderful eternal life we have already received through faith in Christ. It is significant that the phrase "eternal life" (or "everlasting life," which is the same Greek phrase) occurs no less than 44 times in the New Testament. God speaks of it often, and so should we!

The very first eternal thing mentioned in the Bible is the "everlasting covenant" God has made with all men (Genesis 9:16). The last is the "everlasting gospel" to be preached to all men (Revelation 14:6). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:47am On Nov 28, 2012

“Your half-hearted pursuit of ME will never gain you a place at MY Marriage Table.”

(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, November 20, 2012)

I am ready to give you a new Word. This Word is for MY people.

Children of GOD:

You are before MY Face. I see MY church: those who worship ME in Love and Truth; those who seek ME through MY Word and who pursue ME through Truth. MY children who truly love their GOD seek ME relentlessly through faith, believing I am REAL. They want ALL of ME ALL the time. They make time for ME throughout their days.

These children know their GOD because they have taken time to pursue ME in their hearts. They don’t reject ME for the world. They find ME worthy of their time. I fill their days because they enjoy MY Company. They reject the ways and things of the world that pull them away from ME and MY Truth. Their time is MY Time. They have given themselves over to ME. They are no longer their own and MY enemy’s.

Their heart is devoted to ME, MY Will, MY Ways, and the things I pursue. MY Pursuit is their pursuit. They are MY Hands and MY Feet. Their selfless giving replenishes many. This is MY Way, the Way MY church embraces—MY bride, MY light.

Soon I will take these out from the earth—those who light the way in darkness—a dark, evil earth. I will remove the last remaining light on earth—MY SPIRIT WHO shines through MY bride and MY church WHO bears the LIGHT of MY HOLY SPIRIT. All will be removed and that which restrains evil will be taken out of the way. Evil will then take over in full force.

I will take you to safety when I come for MY bride. You must come to ME with a full surrender, repentance with a humbled heart, forgiveness from a repentant heart to those around you. You must seek a full oil lamp and the filling of MY HOLY SPIRIT. You must read MY Word. Get acquainted with ME by coming to ME in the secret place where we can meet and know each other.

I am not illusive or hard to find. I am always near. I am always ready to meet you wherever you are but you must humble yourself, surrender your all, and desire to have ME in all MY Fullness. I will not entertain a half-hearted relationship—one in which you long for the things of this world as much as GOD. This can never be. Either you want all of ME or none at all.

I do not take lightly to those who pursue mammon and the lusts of the flesh and the things of this world—and yet still believe that I, GOD can be consigned to a small portion of your life. This is evil and when we meet fact-to-face I will spit you out.

Come to terms with what I require from you to be part of MY Kingdom and saved from the coming tribulation: punishment reserved for evil men. The hour is closing in and you must wash your robe in MY Blood if you wish to be found worthy of MY Coming rescue for MY bride.

Your half-hearted pursuit of ME will never gain you a place at MY Marriage Table. Think this through carefully. Your eternal salvation hinges on it. I will not leave those behind who love ME with passionate hearts and pursue ME through Truth from a filling of MY HOLY SPIRIT. This is what I require. Are you willing to pay the price to be with ME for eternity?

Very few have decided to lay their lives down, let go of the world, and very few are coming with ME. MY Scripture speaks it. See for yourself.

The hour approaches for MY Return. I am looking for those whose garments are ready.

This is THE BRIDEGROOM

ROYAL DIADEM[/size]

[b]
Coordinating Scripture:

Mark 12:30 (KJV): And thou shalt love the LORD thy GOD with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Numbers 15:39 (KJV): And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:

Luke 16:13 (KJV): No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve GOD and mammon.

2 Thessalonians 2:6-8 (KJV): 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only HE WHO now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the LORD shall consume with the SPIRIT of HIS Mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of HIS Coming:

Revelation 3:16 (KJV): So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of MY Mouth.

1 Peter 4:18 (KJV): And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

2 Peter 2:20-21 (KJV): 20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the LORD and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by yousername: 7:37am On Nov 29, 2012
Pls I need a good & bible-believing church foя consultation & spiritual healing of a close brother.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 12:05pm On Nov 29, 2012
[size=13pt]
Rapture (like a thief in the night - be ready )

1. The church will meet Christ in the Air (1 Thes. 4:17)
Second Coming
The church will return to the earth with Christ (Zech 14:4)
Rapture
2. The church will be taken to heaven (1 Thes. 4:17; John 14: 1-3)

Second Coming
The church will return to the earth from heaven (Jude 14; Matt. 25:31)
Rapture
3. Christ will come for His saints (2 Thes. 2:1)
Second Coming
Christ will come with His Saints (Rev. 19:14)
Rapture
4. Christ Himself will gather the saints (1 Thes. 4:16)
Second Coming
The angels will gather the elect (Matt 24:31)
Rapture

5. Believers will be caught up out from among unbelievers (1 Thes. 4:16-17)
Second Coming
Unbelievers (tares) will be gathered out first (Matt. 14:41-43)
Rapture
6. Satan will not be bound (Rev. 13:2)
Second Coming
Satan will be bound (Rev. 20:3)
Rapture
7. The righteous will be removed (1 Thes. 4:17)
Second Coming
The wicked will be removed (Matt. 25:40-41)
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 1:11pm On Nov 30, 2012
[size=13pt]The Lord says ...

I AM CRYING OVER YOU....
WHY ARE YOU STILL PIERCING MY HANDS AND MY FEET WITH NAILS....
COME TO ME IN THIS LATE HOUR AND I WILL GIVE YOU ETERNAL PEACE AND LOVE.....
RETURN TO ME MY CHILDREN...
MY TEARS ARE REAL AND THEY ARE FOR YOU MY STUBBORN CHILDREN....
COME!! COME!!
THE DOOR IS ABOUT TO BE SHUT FOREVER...TEARS!!
The Lord tears are real over His lost children...
please Run to the Cross....We are truly out of time....
do not take my word for it...
Get on your knees and ask him through the Power and Might of His Holy Spirit...
He loves you that much...Run!! Mercy...Mercy...Lord ..Time is over!!
THANK YOU LORD JESUS...THANK YOU HOLY SPIRIT ..THANK YOU ABBA FATHER
[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by CeeK1(m): 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2012
Almost everybody knows the story of Adam and Eve in the Bible. It is popularly called “The Fall of Man”. Since the Fall of man, he has been scarred by sin, stripped of God’s glory and thereby lost the ability to live a fulfilled and glorified life.

Thousands of years later, the effect of this fall is still seen today in the lives of men and women in various forms. It shows itself in deep emotional wounds, warped self-perceptions and overall deformity of the human spirit. These effects pose as barriers, preventing one from maximizing their full potential and becoming all that God intended them to be
The Fascinating Woman and Authentic Man project is aimed at restoring men and women to their glorified state, the way God originally created them to be and function, in every area of their lives.

The idea is to Restore God’s image, the dominion image, back to man and woman to enable them to maximize the full extent of their God-given potential in order to help them fulfill their God-given destinies.. AN authentic man or fascinating woman is Christ like in appearance and behavior. They reflect the full glory and Intention of God for the female and male species.
This conference is for both males and females and it is totally FREE to attend. The Authentic Manhood conference is going to be held on the December 7th & 8th 2012 by 8AM and 5PM respectively at Lagoon Restaurant, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The Fascinating Woman conference will be held on December 7th & 8th by 5PM and 8AM respectively also at Lagoon Restaurant, Victoria Island Lagos.
Be sure not to miss it!!

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by CeeK1(m): 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2012
Good day All, I want to introduce to you the Authentic Manhood Conference.

Authentic Manhood created by Pastor David is designed to address the specific needs, hurts, struggles and aspirations of men from all walks of life.
It is a forum where men can share, inspire, network and confide in one another.
……………………Authentic Manhood Conference…..……… the real table of men

Join the discussion on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/AuthenticManhoodAndFascinatingWoman

You can follow our twitter Handle for more details

http://twitter.com/dcityevents

God Bless You as you attend.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by missbola1(f): 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2012
JUST WANT TO ASK THAT AS A CHRISTIAN, DO WE HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD? SON OF GOD? WHICH ONE IS IT?

Did Jesus himself said it in the Bible?

Pls let me know. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Ismail Haruna Converts To Muslim: Ex-Driver To Bishop David Abioye Of Winners / Many 2go Users To Die Today-tb Joshua / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.