Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) - Religion (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (74178 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2012
Old Testament Prophecy
December 15, 2012.

"Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you" (1 Peter 1:10).

Our verse today, and the verses that follow, tell us a good deal about Old Testament prophecy and, rightly understood, answer many of the questions raised by modern "scholars" who scoff at the divine authorship of Scripture.

First, we can see that much prophecy was devoted to the theme of "the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow" (v. 11), long before the events took (or will take) place. That these prophecies were not mere human contrivances is seen in the claim that they were due to "the Spirit of Christ which was in them."

Furthermore, the prophets themselves didn't fully understand what they were writing. For instance, Isaiah wrote both of the glory of the coming Messiah (chapter 11) and His sufferings and death (chapter 53) with no indication that he knew how to put the two together. Peter claims the prophets "enquired and searched diligently" (1 Peter 1:10) "what, or what manner of time" (v. 11) these things would come to pass. Indeed, even "the angels desire to look into" (v. 12) these mysterious passages and doctrines.

Finally, the prophets evidently knew that the mysterious prophecies were not for them to understand, but for us to understand (v. 12). Much of what so puzzled them has been revealed to us "by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven" (v. 12).

Because of the ultimate authorship by the Holy Spirit, and the eventual explanation by the same Spirit, these prophecies have never failed. They provide irrefutable evidence for the inspiration of Scripture, clear reasons to trust in the message of Scripture, and a grounded faith in the consummation of God's plan for the ages. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2012
[size=13pt] If one "truly" realized [gained a revelation of] the great price that My Dear Son paid for them at the Cross [and the "magnitude" of what He accomplished there on their behalf]
they would no longer seek to live for "themselves" to ANY degree - and they would no longer continue to maintain [through fear and pride] ANY form of an "unworthiness-consciousness" [sin-consciousness]!
[/size]

[b]
"sin-consciousness" - any belief or mind-set that constitutes one "believing" that that which they have actually been redeemed from in Christ is still to be in effect in their life [Romans 8:1-2 KJV];

"righteousness-consciousness" - a continual awareness [through revelation] of who we "actually" are in Christ [2 Corinthians 5:17];

...."And He [Jesus] died for all, so that all those who live might live no longer to and for themselves, but to and for Him Who died and was raised again for their sake".... 2 Corinthians 5:15 The Amplified Translation

...."But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption".... 1 Corinthians 1:30 NASB

...."You must know (recognize) that you were redeemed (ransomed) from the useless (fruitless) way of living inherited by tradition from [your] forefathers, not with corruptible things [such as] silver and gold, But [you were purchased] with the precious blood of Christ (the Messiah), like that of a [sacrificial] lamb without blemish or spot".... 1 Peter 1:18-19 The Amplified Translation

...."For even to this were you called [it is inseparable from your vocation]. For Christ also suffered for you, leaving you [His personal] example, so that you should follow in His footsteps. He was guilty of no sin, neither was deceit (guile) ever found on His lips. [Isa. 53:9.] When He was reviled and insulted, He did not revile or offer insult in return; [when] He was abused and suffered, He made no threats [of vengeance]; but he trusted [Himself and everything] to Him Who judges fairly. He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed".... 1 Peter 2:21-24 The Amplified Translation [/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On Dec 25, 2012
The Divine/Human Word
December 18, 2012.

"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son" (Hebrews 1:1-2).

The title of the Word of God is given both to Jesus Christ as the Living Word (John 1:1-3; Revelation 19:13), and to the Holy Scriptures as the written Word (Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12; etc.). They are so perfectly synchronous that what is said of one can usually be applied also to the other.

Both are human, yet without error; both are divine, yet can be comprehended by man. "God was manifest in the flesh" (1 Timothy 3:16). "Holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:21). "In him is no sin" (1 John 3:5), "The Scripture cannot be broken," and "all Scripture . . . is profitable" (John 10:35; 2 Timothy 3:16).

Furthermore, each is eternal: "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" (Hebrews 13:8 ). "For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven" (Psalm 119:89).

Each brings regeneration and everlasting life to all those who believe. "He saved us, by the washing of regeneration . . . through Jesus Christ our Saviour" (Titus 3:5-6). "God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 John 5:11). "Being born again . . . by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (1 Peter 1:23). "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me" (John 5:39).

Finally, judgment comes by both Christ and the Scriptures. "The Father . . . hath committed all judgment unto the Son" (John 5:22). "The dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books" (Revelation 20:12). Both Christ and the Bible are vitally important to each Christian and must be studied, understood, known, loved, trusted, and relied upon in every human endeavor. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
[size=13pt]PSALM 23:5 .....

“YOU PREPARE A TABLE BEFORE ME IN THE PRESENCE OF MY ENEMIES…”

My Beloved..

The Table is Set for whatever you Need in battle. I have placed upon it a feast void of a troubled heart - to only bring heart strengthening.

Take and eat, beloved, in the midst of raging battles.
Need courage – eat
Need faith – eat
Need hope – eat
Need joy - eat
Need grace – eat
Need deliverance – eat
Need comfort – eat
Need wisdom – eat

Whatever you have need of in every attack from the enemy,

I have laid it out before you to feast on. If you will eat of My provisions during the battles you will feast on victory every time.

When the enemy sees that you are Peacefully Partaking of My Provisions while you are in the Struggle it is he who suffers “Heart Failure”.

Feast On The Table I Have Set Before You In The Presence Of Your Enemies ...
And You Will Emerge From Battle Fully Satisfied.

Romans 8:27 “Now He Who Searches The Hearts Knows What The Mind Of The Spirit Is, Because He Makes Intercession For The Saints According To The Will Of GOD.”

Beloved one, be at peace for I, your Lord Jesus, am personally in constant prayer for you. Not a moment goes by that I do not pray to The Father for you and The Father always hears Me when I Pray. (John 11:42).

Unlike mankind, I do not become Careless and Sporadic in My Praying. My Prayers for you are always "Fervent” and “Effectual”. James 5:16 says, “… The Effective, Fervent Prayer of a Righteous man avails much. I am The God of Righteousness who became Man. Because I am Righteousness Itself, My prayers for you are filled with limitless power, always perfect, always fervent and always effective.

The enemy knows he can not Prevail Against My Prayers for you because I Always Pray the Will of My Father concerning you. Satan may be able to Hinder the prayers of people but he cannot Touch Mine. They are Sealed in Truth and Wrapped Divine Power.
Do not worry, child about your situations or those of your loved ones for I knew of them before the foundation of the earth and they have been covered by My prayers from before the beginning of all time.

Rest assured, Beloved, that I will never stop holding you up before My Father. I Pray for you and your loved ones Unceasingly, every second of every day. To pray for you brings Me Great Joy and I Shall Never Tire of This Pleasure...[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
[size=13pt]FOR ALL THE SAINTS

In the name of Jesus, I apply the blood of Jesus. Demons, you cannot re-enter my house.
. I draw a circle of the blood of Jesus around me.
I draw the blood line of protection around my property.
I overcome you satan by the blood of the Lamb.
. You cannot put any sickness on me because I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.
Let the blood of Jesus speak confusion in to the camp of the enemy.
Let the blood of Jesus speak destruction unto every evil growth in my life.
. Let the blood of Jesus speak disappearance unto every infirmity in my life.
. Let the blood of Jesus speak peace unto every broken marriage.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by olushaggy(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2012
[size=25pt]H I G H P R A I S E[/size]

As for me, today I am counting my blessing.
When I am down to nothing God is still up to something, when the situation seems above you it is still below God,
Psalm 124: 1-27(If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, now will Israel say etc…}
The verse 6 says blessed be the Lord who had not deliver us into the hand of our enemy…
7 says our soul is escaped as a bird in the Snell of a fowler ( I shall escape this 2012, infact I have escape their Snell
{Quote}A set back is a setup for a comeback….
If not the setback Joseph encountered he would not have been in the trap
Psalm 149 6 set your high praise towards God today and get your high place released to your hand..
Prayer( Lord give me the garment of praise today, let nothing hinder my praise in all my life… )
Blessed be the holy name, thank you Faithfull God to you be all the glory..
Ameennn…

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:19am On Jan 01, 2013

Hope you had a Spiritual Renewing,
WISH YOU NOW - HAPPY NEW YEAR' 2013.

"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?
I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18-19
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 5:43pm On Jan 03, 2013
[size=13pt]Words of the LORD:

“I am the Ever Flowing SOURCE of all that men truly long for in their depraved, empty hearts.”

(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, December 30, 2012)

WE May Begin:

I am YAHUSHUA, your LORD and SAVIOR. I died an agonizing death for all humanity: to fulfill MY Promise to all mankind; to bring down MY enemy; to set the captives free; to show MYSELF Great in all the universe; to show MY Kindness, MY Love, MY Unfailing Radical Love. I gave all—no small task. I bled, MY Blood was shed and it was given in humble submission by a Great KING of all the universe.

I left MY Home on high, lowered MYSELF in a great act of humility taking the form of a human to show forth MY Great Love to MY creation, to demonstrate the Heart of GOD toward those who would receive ME throughout eternity for all those past and to come who need a SAVIOR. This was the height of MY Love—a Love that cannot be contained, held back, or pent up.

MY Love is a flood, a deluge, a powerful force. Once you come near ME and experience MY Love after you surrender your all to ME you will be changed by the Love that flows freely to you. It is unending. It never stops, it does not come short. It is solid, ferocious, a sweeping wave: love that cannot be found anywhere else though men try. The world will come up short though passions flare for a time in worldly pursuits, the coals die off because this world does not offer True LOVE, Love that is resilient, uncompromising, unfaltering, undying, eternal flame. That is MY Love. I am LOVE—all other loves only copy that which is MINE to give; created from the Heart of GOD copied by a fallen world, but always falling short because the source doesn’t come from love’s CREATOR: the True SOURCE of LOVE Everlasting.

I am HE, I am LOVE. MY Word is LOVE; MY Sacrifice is LOVE Everlasting, a demonstration of the Greatest Show of LOVE. Come live in Love. Be surrounded by the beauty of MY Love—learn MY Ways of Love and Loving: Loving others, forgiving, and living in peace with your GOD.

I have Love you don’t know about. It is the Love that is eternal in MY Coming Kingdom of Love. Don’t deny yourself Love Everlasting, Pleasures at MY Right Hand, Holiness, Purity, Treasures Laid up, Eternal Love and Companionship with your GOD. Come experience wholeness, beauty, forgiveness, peace. I am the Ever Flowing SOURCE of all that men truly long for in their depraved, empty hearts—always longing, but never satisfied, because they do not seek ME, their GOD, SOURCE of Love, SOURCE of All Truth.

Come melt in MY Arms—I can be trusted. I am safe. I do not harm. I heal the broken hearted. I seal the wounds of deep past sadness. I am FATHER to the fatherless. HUSBAND to the widows, HEALER to the bleeding, SHEPHERD to the lost, COMFORTER to the weary. I am SIGHT to the blind, I am STRENGTH to the weak, I am FRIEND to the lonely, I am SALVATION to the sinner.

You will never find a greater love than MINE. It does not exist though men look and seek for it. I am LOVE. Where else can you find True Love? Many have separated themselves from this Great LOVE. The road is narrow to the Great Broad Endless LOVE. Those who discover this Narrow Path will never die.

This is YAHUSHUA…LOVE ETERNAL[/size]

Coordinating Scripture:

Luke 4:18 (KJV): The SPIRIT of the LORD is upon ME, because HE hath anointed ME to preach the gospel to the poor; HE hath sent ME to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

John 10:17 (KJV): Therefore doth MY FATHER love ME, because I lay down MY Life, that I might take it again.

Psalm 16:11 (KJV): THOU wilt shew me the path of life: in THY Presence is fulness of joy; at THY Right Hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Matthew 7:14 (KJV): Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
[size=13pt]Thus says the Lord:

My child, do not waste your time and your energy with side issues, with sins and mistakes of others.
Do not talk about others, rather talk about Me.
I have yet to give you so much more.
My riches and blessings are waiting for you.
Do not be discouraged with your weaknesses, your mistakes and the failings of others.
Look away from all that and look at Me, for I Am the beginner and the finisher of your faith.
Concentrate on Me, on your strength and talents, only then, everything will be well.

[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
Paradoxes of Scripture
December 20, 2012.

"There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty" (Proverbs 11:24).

"To get, we must give." This is not the world's method for attaining prosperity, but it is the paradoxical message of today's verse, as well as that of Christianity in general.

Note some of the many other paradoxes in the Bible related to this basic truth.

1. To really live, we must die. "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" (Galatians 2:20).

2. To save one's life, he or she must lose it. "Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it" (Luke 17:33).

3. To be wise, we must become fools. "If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise" (1 Corinthians 3:18 ).

4. To reign, we must serve. "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things" (Matthew 25:21).

5. To be exalted, we must become humble. "And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted" (Matthew 23:12).

6. To be first, we must be last. "So the last shall be first, and the first last" (Matthew 20:16).

Finally, note the ninefold paradox of a truly Christian ministry: "In all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God. . . . By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things" (2 Corinthians 6:4, 8-10). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
Death before Sin?
December 22, 2012.

"For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive" (1 Corinthians 15:21-22).

Modern evangelicals have found it fashionable to accommodate Scripture to the concept of a very old earth. These views all do serious harm to Scripture, including the current compromise of choice, the "framework hypothesis," which holds that the passages which seem to deal with science and early history contain only "spiritual" truth, but not factual content. Each such attempt to accept vast ages before the appearance of man has many flaws, but perhaps the most damaging to the Christian faith is the problem of death before sin.

The Bible plainly teaches that "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23). Before Adam and Eve rebelled, animals ate only plants (Genesis 1:30). Death came as a result of sin and the curse: "For in the day that thou eatest thereof |the forbidden tree| thou shalt surely die" (Genesis 2:17). The first death in all of creation occurred when God provided Adam and Eve animal skins for clothing. Sin always brings death. "By one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" (Romans 5:12). Indeed "the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now" (Romans 8:22). That this is not referring to spiritual death only is clear from today's verse, which deals with physical resurrection from the dead. Just as Adam's sin brought death on all creation, so Christ's resurrection brings victory over death.

But here is the problem. If death existed before Adam, then death is not the penalty for sin. How, then, did Christ's death pay the penalty for our sin? If death is not tied to Adam's sin, then life is not tied to Christ's death and resurrection, and the Christian faith is all in vain. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 11:49am On Jan 11, 2013
[size=13pt]“The churches are the devil’s playground.”

(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, January 8, 2013)

Yes daughter, I will give you new Words:

Children of the MOST HIGH GOD:

MY Approach is nearing. Many believe I am a liar. They believe this in their hearts. MY Book outlines MY Truth which is even now coming to pass. The hour of MY Return is coming and the people want to reject MY Truth. They are blind guides leading the blind. Worse than rejecting the Truth themselves, they are leading others astray also: MY own people who call themselves by MY Name.

They sit comfortably in their homes denying MY Words, while the world around them is going to hell and they along with them, instead of coming into MY Will and allowing ME to use their lives to save others. The penalty will be swift and great for the lukewarm church who passes off religion in exchange for the Truth by the leading of MY HOLY SPIRIT.

The devil works in the church. The churches are the devil’s playground. He moves stealthily through the churches cloaked as an angel of light: deceiving, misleading, abusing, tearing down, and dragging people to hell by false words and confusion. Many, many will fall by the wayside within the walls of today’s churches at the hands of wolves in sheep’s clothing.

Why is it so? Because the lukewarm church refuses to believe I am a GOD WHO requires repentance, fear of GOD, discipline, full surrender, shunning the pursuit of the world and its ways. If you find these Words harsh—they are Loving. I am a Loving GOD. I am also JUST, RIGHTEOUS, and TRUE. I stand for Truth and MY Judgment will be True when you stand before ME. Even if you have followed wrong and misleading counsel, I will still judge correctly because all are accountable for themselves. Each person is responsible for his own salvation: for seeking Truth, for pursuing GOD.

All the answers are available for those who want them. They reside in MY Words, in MY Book and through seeking the counsel of MY HOLY SPIRIT by spending time with ME in the secret place. I am not hard to find, but choices must be made and only you can make them. You must desire ME and MY Truth more than the lies of the world—you cannot serve two masters.

Time is running out. Darkness closes in. Choose WHO you will serve. Satan is a cruel master. His road leads to hell and eternal destruction and torment. I cannot lie, this is where you will go apart from a FULL SURRENDER to ME, your LORD and SAVIOR. Find ME and find your way.

TRUTH Has Spoken
[/size]

[b]

Coordinating Scripture:

Romans 14:12 (KJV): So then every one of us shall give account of himself to GOD.
Galatians 1:14-16 (KJV): 14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when it pleased GOD, WHO separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by HIS grace, 16 To reveal his SON in me, that I might preach HIM among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

1 Corinthians 2:12-14 (KJV): 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the SPIRIT which is of GOD; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of GOD. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the HOLY GHOST teacheth; comparing SPIRITUAL things with SPIRITUAL. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the SPIRIT of GOD: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are SPIRITUALLY discerned.

Matthew 6:24 (KJV): No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve GOD and mammon.

Psalm 91:1 (KJV): He that dwelleth in the secret place of the MOST HIGH shall abide under the Shadow of the ALMIGHTY.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
We Can Know that We Know Him
December 23, 2012.

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments" (1 John 2:3).

The apostle John's vocabulary in his gospel, epistles, and even in Revelation is quite distinctive. The verb "know," for example, occurs more in John than in any other gospel, and more in 1 John than in any other epistle. He emphasises by this that the Christian life is based on knowledge. In the words of today's verse, for example, we can test the genuineness of our knowledge of Christ as Saviour by whether or not we keep His commandments. Note some of the other tests listed in John in his first epistle, as follows:

"Ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him" (1 John 2:29). "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren" (3:14). "Hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us" (3:24). "But whoso keepeth |i.e., 'guards'| his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him" (2:5). "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life" (5:13).

There are other similar "tests of life," but these make the point. A person who has been really born again through faith in Christ and His saving work can have assurance of his salvation, if he truly believes in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ; if he guards and honours God's Word; if he manifests the presence of the guiding, purifying Holy Spirit in his life; if he keeps His commandments and lives righteously, and if he manifests real love for his Christian brethren.

This is not to say that if he fails one or more of these tests he is necessarily unsaved. There are, however, no grounds for real assurance of salvation without them. Therefore, as Paul suggests, "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves" (2 Corinthians 13:5). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
[size=13pt]Feeling Overwhelmed Lately?

I've noticed a disturbing trend early this year: people are overwhelmed. I shared several insights on my Facebook page that I'll repeat here:

"Don't panic. The devil is just trying to get you off on a bad foot for 2013. But this is your year. God's grace is on you. Don't listen to the enemy. You can do this!"

"Overwhelm is not from God. He will not put more on you than you can handle. Rise up and shake off the enemy's threats. You are a victorious overcomer. Overcome overwhelm now!"

"Arise, burn and shine! Don't let the enemy keep you down, cover you with his darkness, or put out your fire. God wants to use you in a new way! Shake it off and arise, in the name of Jesus!"

"Stop looking at your shortcomings and look to Me, says the Lord. When you keep your eyes on Me you tap into my grace and power to overcome the ways of flesh that leave you feeling condemned."[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 4:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
[size=13pt]Abraham

Abraham didn't wavered. He knew Me and trusted in Me.
He walked the divine plan with the idea to please his God.
His confidence was in Who he knew I was to him.
I want you to do the same.
I want you to fix your eyes on Me and follow the path that I have selected for you, knowing that your destiny is approved by your Beloved.
Be intent on serving the Almighty and know that one who follows the path that I have chosen for him will eventually come into that place of peace that I have selected for your enjoyment and Mine!!![/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
Thanks for the Greatest Gift
December 25, 2012.

"Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift" (2 Corinthians 9:15).

We who have known and sought to follow the Lord for many years have received many, many blessings for which to thank Him. "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits" (Psalm 68:19), we can pray again and again.

But there is one blessing which is so great that it cannot even be put into words--it is unspeakable! That gift is so great that when we try to comprehend it, the sense of awe and gratitude becomes so overwhelming (or at least should become so overwhelming) that our joy is also unspeakable--indescribable! That gift, of course, is the gift of the Lord Jesus Christ as our Redeemer and Saviour, "Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, . . . ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory" (1 Peter 1:8 ).

It is significant that the Greek word translated "unspeakable" occurs only these two times in the entire New Testament. God’s unspeakable gift to us produces unspeakable joy in us. We who deserve nothing but eternal separation from God in hell, instead will enjoy eternal life with God in heaven, and all because of that amazing and truly inexpressible gift!

To think that the mighty Creator, God the Son, would not only humble Himself to become His own creature, man, but then also suffer the unimaginable agony of the cross and separation from God the Father in order to deliver us from the just penalty of sin! This act speaks of such love and grace that all we can do is whisper softly, "Thank you, Lord, for this unspeakable gift," and then shout it over and over again in our hearts wherever we go, and share its unspeakable joy and blessing with whomever will listen to its message. "The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad" (Psalm 126:3). Thank you, Lord! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
Never Ashamed
December 26, 2012.

"For the Scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed" (Romans 10:11).

Just where does the Scripture say this? Paul is apparently quoting here from Isaiah 28:16, which is the following: "Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste."

The question is: Why did Paul change the Hebrew word for "make haste" to the Greek word for "be ashamed?" He did the same thing in Romans 9:33. "As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed?" This verse makes the question even more involved, because here Paul combines the quote with Isaiah 8:14: "And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence." Note also 1 Peter 2:6-8, which combines both verses with Psalm 118:22: "The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner."

The Greek Septuagint translation apparently rendered "make haste" (which is the correct meaning of the Hebrew word, as confirmed by all its other uses in the Old Testament) by a Greek word meaning something like "put to shame." More importantly, however, these passages illustrate the truth that the Holy Spirit (the real Author of the Bible) has a perfect right to interprete His writing however He will. And He interpreted "make haste[/color]"[/i][/size] to mean "be ashamed."

That is, when we believe on Christ, we never need to flee in haste from His enemies, for we can never be put to shame when anchored on this sure foundation. As the Lord said in another passage: "They shall not be ashamed that wait for me" (Isaiah 49:23). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
Jesus Christ: Creator
December 27, 2012.

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him" (Colossians 1:16).

The Old Testament uses several names for the One who created. For example: "For thus saith the LORD |i.e., Jehovah| that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it" (Isaiah 45:18 ). But the New Testament leaves no doubt as to who the Creator is.

Today’s verse states it clearly. The "him" in context is the Father’s "dear Son" (v. 13) who shed "his blood" (v. 14). Similarly, the favourite passage in John 1:3 identifies Christ as the Creator: "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." "He was in the world, and the world was made by him" (v. 10). "The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (v. 14). No member of the human race nor member of the Trinity fits this description except Jesus Christ. "God . . . hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds" (Hebrews 1:1-2).

Jesus Christ is the Creator, and once He put on human form, His creative abilities continued to find application. Several of His miracles involved creation out of nothing. Note the feeding of the five thousand (John 6:10-11), the transformation of water into wine (John 2:9-11), and bringing life from non-life--the raising of Lazarus (John 11:43-44), just to name a few.

Perhaps the most important creative act of Christ is one He performs on repentant sinners every day. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
The Name of the Lord Jesus
December 28, 2011

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).

This is the first of 144 references to the name of Christ in the New Testament. The word "name" (Greek noma) occurs only about 95 times when referring to any or all other names. This fact is itself a sort of commentary on Philippians 2:9: "God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name."

In biblical times, a person's name expressed the character or attributes desired for a child by his or her parents. The reason for the name "JESUS," which means "Jehovah saves" or simply "salvation," was given by the angel: "He shall save his people from their sins."

There is only one Saviour, "for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12); but His name does save! "As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" (John 1:12).

Those who do receive Christ are thenceforth associated with His name--and therefore with His person and work. First they are to be baptized "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28:19). They are then to order their lives in a way that honours His name. "Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity" (2 Timothy 2:19).

He has given many gracious promises of answered prayer if we pray in His name, "that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you" (John 15:16). The final use of "name" in the Bible stresses our eternal identification with His name, for "his name shall be in their foreheads" (Revelation 22:4) as we are united with Him in the age to come. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:19am On Jan 24, 2013
Faithful and Just
December 29, 2012.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

All too often when we read or quote a favourite verse of Scripture, its familiarity gets in the way of our complete understanding of the verse. Such may be the case with today's verse, one of the most beloved and oft-quoted passages of Scripture. To begin with, we must remember that the topic is sinful behaviour. The Bible says that "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23), therefore sin cannot go unpunished. A faithful and just judge must punish such behaviour: to forgive it is neither faithful nor just. "Without shedding of blood is no remission" of sin (Hebrews 9:22).

But the Bible also says, "If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father. . . . Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" (1 John 2:1; 1:7).

Jesus Christ fully paid the penalty for our sins. He died so that we don't have to die, for God "hath made him to be sin for us" (2 Corinthians 5:21). God has further promised that "whoso confesseth and forsaketh |his sins| shall have mercy" (Proverbs 28:13).

God in His mercy and grace has declared it to be so. What was once devised as merciful and gracious is now "faithful and just."

Because He is just, He cannot allow the punishment for our sin to be inflicted twice. Because He is faithful and has promised to forgive a penitent and confessing sinner, He will not only "forgive us our sins," but "cleanse us from all unrighteousness," thereby restoring the sweet fellowship broken by our rebellion.

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God" (2 Corinthians 5:20). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:28am On Jan 24, 2013
All Things New
January 1, 2013.

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful" (Revelation 21:5).

The coming of a new year is a good time to consider that glorious time to come when Christ will make everything new again. In the present age, all things "shall wax old as doth a garment" (Hebrews 1:11) under the bondage of the universal law of decay and death; indeed "the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now" (Romans 8:22).

"Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter 3:13). There, in the "new Jerusalem," we shall each have "a new name" and sing "a new song" (Revelation 21:2; 2:17; 5:9). We shall have new bodies, "fashioned like unto his glorious body" (Philippians 3:21), and a new dwelling place, prepared by Christ Himself among the "many mansions" in His "Father's house" (John 14:2).

And all the old and dying things will be completely and forever gone. "There shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" (Revelation 21:4). "And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away" (Isaiah 35:10).

What a "Happy New Year" that will be! In the meantime, we have His "new covenant" and have each been made "a new creature" in Christ (Hebrews 12:24; Galatians 6:15). Since all His words "are true and faithful," we know His promises are sure. Therefore, already, "old things are passed away; behold all things are become new" through faith in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11am On Jan 24, 2013
Seeking Worshippers
January 2, 2013.

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him" (John 4:23).

Here is an amazing revelation--that the omnipotent God of creation should actually be seeking those among His creatures who would freely come to love and worship Him! How could He possibly have to seek anything?

Yet Jesus said He does! In some inscrutable way, it satisfies the infinite heart of God when we respond to His sacrificial love in gratitude and worship.

We see this also in the experience of the ten lepers. All ten had been cleansed of their leprosy, but only one, a Samaritan, returned to give thanks to Jesus. Note the wistfulness in Jesus' reply to the cleansed leper: "Were there not ten cleansed?" He asked, "But where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger" (Luke 17:17-18 ). The Lord indeed takes note both of the few who truly appreciate Him and also of the many who take His blessings for granted.

In the house of Simon the Pharisee, for example, the Lord Jesus took special note of the woman who washed His feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair, anointing them with the precious ointment in her alabaster box. But He also noted that self-righteous, critical Simon had provided no such services at all. Then He said, "Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little" (Luke 7:47).

Whether or not we fully understand, the Lord does seek those who will worship Him in spirit and in truth. Therefore, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07pm On Jan 24, 2013
Infallible Proofs
January 3, 2013.

"To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God" (Acts 1:3).

To the first Christians, faith in the deity of Christ was not a blind leap into the dark. Only God could defeat death, and they knew--beyond all doubt--that Jesus Christ had risen bodily from the tomb. They had seen Him, touched Him, and eaten with Him, alone and in crowds, in closed rooms, and out in the open.

The term "infallible proofs" translates a Greek word used only this one time, meaning literally "many criteria of certainty," and it is significant that the inspired Word of God applies it only to the resurrection of Christ. It is not too much to say that Christ's resurrection is the most certain fact in all history, and many large volumes have been published setting forth the evidences thereof. No wonder the apostle Peter could say, "We have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty" (2 Peter 1:16).

The apostle John testified thus: "The life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us" (1 John 1:2). John not only saw Him in His resurrection body, but also in His glorified body, hearing Him say, "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore" (Revelation 1:18 ).

It is true that we, like the first Christians, must believe on Christ to receive salvation, but this faith is not a credulous faith, a leap into the dark. It is a reasonable faith, based on many infallible proofs, and we can, therefore, trust Him with our eternal souls. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 2:18pm On Jan 25, 2013
[size=13pt] Warrior King

I am your warrior King. I have done battle and triumphed.
Look on the wonder of this gift and know that I have equipped you to be a warrior too.
I have equipped you with all you need to be victorious in any situation.

I gave My life for you. I rose again that you might have life everlasting.
Now the enemy would tell you that it has been a long time since I walked the face of the earth.
He would tell you that My power has waned, but it has NOT.
I am just as powerful now as I was then, I am victorious in anything I undertake.

So I say to you, beloved, remember that I, the all powerful One, have equipped you to be a champion among men.
Put on your armour. Advance. I say advance! I am with you.
Your warrior King is right by your side, so trust, beloved.
Trust Me to energize you in your endeavours and advance into victory, my champion, My very own beloved!!![/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25am On Jan 27, 2013
True Deliverance
January 4, 2013.

"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen" (Matthew 6:13).

Certain Christian workers practice what they call a "deliverance ministry," but true biblical deliverance is better defined in terms of today's verse, which, of course, is the last petition in the prayer which Christ taught His disciples to pray. True deliverance is deliverance from evil, whatever form that evil might take, and preservation until God's kingdom comes. Let us observe several scriptural accounts of true deliverance.

Note that the Greek word for deliverance has the connotation of "rescue," and this is its first occurrence in the New Testament which makes its usage here especially significant. That the Lord will indeed provide such deliverance, if we pray for it in sincerity, is affirmed in many testimonies and promises. Burdened with the problems of his old sin nature, Paul cried out, "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" But then the answer comes: "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 7:24-25). Even as his anticipated martyrdom was approaching, Paul could still testify, "The Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom" (2 Timothy 4:18 ).

Peter also assures us that "the Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished" (2 Peter 2:9). He is able to deliver His people from all the evils of this present evil world, to keep them and prepare them for the glory and the power of His coming kingdom, for He Himself is the Deliverance. "As it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer |same word|, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob" (Romans 11:26). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2013

“Don’t be found outside of MY Will or I will reject and cast you away.”

(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, January 22, 2013)

MY children, your LORD Speaketh:

I am coming. Make no mistake, I have promised and what GOD Says, HE Does. Few believe ME—few truly are moved by these Words and encouragement. I know because I see ALL—I know ALL and I see who pursues ME, follows ME, loves ME above ALL else and all others.

There is no shortage of those who pursue the world, who seek answers through those who deny I exist and reject MY Truth. Soon Truth will be hard to come by. Already it is a diminishing commodity. MY Truth is Priceless Gold—its value cannot be measured as MY Truth leads to MY Kingdom of Eternal Life with ALMIGHTY GOD—CREATOR of the Universe. The value of this Truth cannot be measured or calculated. Few seek it although it is available—readily found. Only those ardent for Truth seek it with all their hearts, souls, minds, and strength—those who surrender their ALL and cling to their GOD. These find Truth—a wellspring of peace, wholeness, and eternal salvation.

MY Priceless Truth cannot be replaced or discovered through many paths though many believe it so. There is only ONE TRUE PATH to the ULTIMATE TRUTH: I AM THE WAY—THE NARROW ROAD. FULL surrender to ME: LORD WHO was crucified for the transgressions of all men through acts of sin treason against the Ways of a Holy, Just GOD. I laid MY Life down, gave ALL, endured torture for sin-filled mankind. I was bruised, scourged, spat upon, beaten, and I became the punishment for all men. This was the price MY FATHER would accept for the sins of all men for whosoever would lay their life down, submit themselves over to ME and choose ME as LORD and MASTER.

There is no other way—only MY WAY—MY Gift, MY Price Paid. Although there appears to be many ways, there is only ONE WAY, through ME and the Baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT.

The world is falling apart. All seems well. This is because you refuse to look to see. You must see the hour you live in—time is running out. You must see the times you are living in and to see this you must read MY Book and receive eye salve from MY SPIRIT to receive understanding of the Words you are reading. Only HE can open your eyes to the meaning of the Words in MY Holy Book. This is essential to being ready for what is coming: the rescue of MY ready bride and tribulation meant for those who choose against ME and are left behind.

Face ME, surrender your ALL. Find safe keeping in the Perfect Will of GOD. Don’t be found outside of MY Will or I will reject and cast you away.

Come now. Live in peace with your GOD.

I Love you,

LORD YAHUSHUA[/size]

Coordinating Scripture

Numbers 23:19: (KJV): GOD is not a man, that HE should lie; neither the son of man, that HE should repent: hath HE said, and shall HE not do it? Or hath HE spoken, and shall HE not make it good?

Psalm 85:10 (KJV): Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.

1 Corinthians 6:20 (KJV): For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify GOD in your body, and in your spirit, which are GOD's.

Matthew 7:21 (KJV): Not everyone that saith unto ME, LORD, LORD, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the Will of MY FATHER which is in heaven.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2013

“They are on a landslide down a mountain and they don’t even know it.”

(Words Received from Our LORD by Susan, January 29-30, 2013—Just a side note about this letter: when the LORD gave me the words about a “landslide” I was taken back that this was a really different Word from the LORD. The next day I was stunned to learn that Indonesia had experienced two different landslide disasters the days before that I knew nothing about—I was just amazed by this. Here is the report I received after I took down this amazing word: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-29/deadly-sumatra-landslide-wipes-out-homes/4488052)

Let US begin:

There is a rude awakening coming to this world. Many are not paying attention. They cannot see the writing on the wall. They do not read MY Book. They are far from ME in their ways. They are on a landslide down a mountain and they don’t even know it. The world is cascading downward and the people are fixed in their lukewarm churches handling the things of the world like dogs in heat.

Church of the lukewarm: you are lukewarm if you don’t make ME first in your life and surrender your ALL to ME. It doesn’t matter how many times you sit in your churches. I don’t care about your buildings—I want your heart, mind, soul, and spirit. I want to know that you are ONE with ME—your LORD and MAKER.

I Created you.

I Breathed life in you.

I filled you with life’s breath.

Now you live and have your being. You are an eternal being, just where will you spend eternity?

Will it be with your GOD ETERNAL or with MY enemy in hell fire and torment?

Think these hard Words? Hard words are words of deception MY enemy puts out telling you all is right between us when you are sleeping around with the world and rejecting your GOD.

MY church has grown fond of the pleasant Words they take from MY Truth and then they leave out the other Words—Words that would change their lives if they would read them. These Words include: “Love your neighbor as yourself,”…“Seek after the LORD with all your heart, mind, soul, strength,”…“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” These are all precepts to follow that would change the hearts of every man, woman, and child if MY people would listen and follow them.

I am not a GOD WHO makes things hard and oppressive. MY Yoke is light. MY enemy is the one who makes the people carry a heavy burden. He is the one to which hardships of mankind can be attributed.

Men struggle because they do not really pursue ME. If they did they would find their perfect place in life—the one I set out for their life when I Created them and their lives would go as they were meant to go. Apart from the ONE True Narrow Path laid out for every human to follow for their own life, people will follow all sorts of evil courses that the enemy tempts them to take. They end up falling into ditches of deception. Many believe they are on the right course and they will be shocked to find themselves outside MY Specific Will for their life and sadly most will fall into hell. This is the course of most human beings because they refuse to follow ME, their GOD.

Come back to ME before it is too late. You can change the course you are on at any moment and come to the right path for your life and to peace with your GOD. You just need to lay down your life before ME, surrender your ALL—give ME a FULL SURRENDER from the depths of your spirit: a strong desire to be right with GOD, pursuing GOD’s Perfect Plan for your life. Those who hunger and thirst after righteousness will be filled. Come be filled with MY OIL for your lamp.

There has never been a better time to get right with your GOD. MY enemy is about to take over the world and I am coming to save MY people, MY true church from death and destruction. Waken to this Truth. Time is closing down.

This is the GOD of your fathers

HOLY WONDER from Above

MIGHTY FORTRESS

PRINCE of PEACE

I AM the ALPHA and OMEGA

ETERNAL LIGHT

Come, Let ME Consume you[/size]

[b]
Coordinating Scripture:

Proverbs 26:11 (KJV): As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

2 Peter 2:20-22 (KJV): 20For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the LORD and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Acts 17:27 (KJV): That they should seek the LORD, if haply they might feel after HIM, and find HIM, though he be not far from every one of us:

Matthew 22:36-40 (KJV): 36MASTER, which is the great commandment in the law? 37JESUS said unto him, Thou shalt love the LORD thy GOD with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Luke 6:31 (KJV): And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Matthew 11:29 (KJV): Take MY Yoke upon you, and learn of ME; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
The Earth Made New Again
January 5, 2013.

"And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever" (Psalm 78:69).

There are a number of passages in the Bible which state unequivocally that the earth, in some form, is going to continue eternally. "One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever" (Ecclesiastes 1:4).

However, this present earth and its atmospheric heavens must first be purged of all the age-long effects of sin and the curse, which now affect the very elements (or "dust of the earth" ). Therefore, "the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up" (2 Peter 3:10).

Evidently, this fiery cataclysm is not an annihilation of the earth and its atmosphere, but rather a great exchange of energies. The earth's very elements will probably be converted into sound and heat energies by mass-energy nuclear-conversion processes, in order to burn out the great fossil beds and all other relics of sin and the curse. Then, however, God will reverse the process, converting these and other energies back into matter, thus "renewing" the primeval earth, which originally had been "very good" (Genesis 1:31). "We, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter 3:13).

It is this new earth (that is, the earth made new) which will then continue forever. "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain" (Isaiah 66:22). "Because the |creation| itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God" (Romans 8:21). Then we shall forever "be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:17). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
God Remembers
January 7, 2013.

"And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters assuaged" (Genesis 8:1).

This verse contains the first mention of the beautiful word "remember" in the Bible, and it tells us that God remembers! During the awful cataclysm of the Flood, the most devastating event thus far in the history of the world, God still remembered the faithful obedience of Noah, and He even remembered every living thing!

We may forget many things, but God remembers: "For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name" (Hebrews 6:10). Nor does He ever forget a promise. The first mention of "remember" in the New Testament is the Spirit-inspired testimony of Zacharias: "Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people . . . to remember his holy covenant; The oath which he sware to our father Abraham" (Luke 1:68, 72-73). That promise had been made 2,000 years before, but God remembered.

God even remembers the sparrows: "Not one of them is forgotten before God" (Luke 12:6). And He certainly remembers His own children: "For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust" (Psalm 103:14).

Even after the children of Israel had gone deeply into idolatry, He could still say, "I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth, the love of thine espousals, when thou wentest after me in the wilderness" (Jeremiah 2:2).

God remembers the evil as well as the good, of course. The one thing He chooses not to remember is the sinful past of those who have come to Christ for forgiveness. "And their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more" (Hebrews 10:17). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
The Heart of Our Understanding
January 9, 2013.

"Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men" (1 Corinthians 14:20).

The wise man wrote long ago, "With all thy getting get understanding" (Proverbs 4:7). However, we need to be sure that the understanding we acquire is not perverted by the spirit of this world. When Paul wrote to the Ephesians, he emphasised the contrast between a darkened understanding and a spiritually illuminated understanding.

"Walk not as other Gentiles walk," he exhorted, "in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart" (Ephesians 4:17-18 ). A blinded heart produces a darkened understanding.

Paul prayed, rather, that God would give them "the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened" (Ephesians 1:17-18 ). We need an understanding enlightened by the Holy Spirit, not darkened by a hardened heart.

By the same token, as today's verse commands, we should seek to attain a mature understanding of the things of God, not remaining stagnant at the elementary level of understanding. It is dishonouring to the Lord who called us into His family to remain spiritual children. We should exhibit the faith of a little child, and be as free from malice as a little child, but in understanding we must grow! "For when . . . ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again . . . the first principles of the oracles of God . . . who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil" (Hebrews 5:12, 14). "Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18 ). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
Justification
January 10, 2013.

"And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation" (Genesis 7:1).

This is the first mention of the great doctrine of justification in the Bible--that is, being seen as "righteous" by God. The same Hebrew word is translated "just" in Genesis 6:9: "Noah was a just man." The reason why Noah was seen as righteous and therefore as just, or justified before God, was that "Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD" (Genesis 6:8 ). This is the first mention of "grace" in the Bible. The first mention of "faith" or "belief" is also associated with justification. "|Abraham| believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness" (Genesis 15:6).

Thus, justification is by grace through faith in the Old Testament and certainly in the New. "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" and also "being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 3:24; 5:1).

Justification--that is, being seen and proclaimed as perfectly righteous, even in spite of past sins, must of course be authorised by God the Creator. "It is God that justifieth" (Romans 8:33). That God can indeed be both "just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus" (Romans 3:26) is based entirely on the substitutionary death and bodily resurrection of Christ who conquered death. "Being now justified by His blood," the Lord Jesus Christ "was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification" (Romans 5:9; 4:25).

Now, although we are freely justified by grace through faith, such justification inevitably generates good works also, for "by works a man is justified, and not by faith only" (James 2:24). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:27am On Feb 16, 2013
The Battle Is the Lord's
January 11, 2013.

"And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hands" (1 Samuel 17:47).

These were the ringing words of faith uttered by young David as he faced the Philistine giant, Goliath. Without armour, or spear, or shield, and with only a sling and five smooth stones, David confronted the nine-foot champion of the pagan army in the name of the true God, and soon the giant lay dead with his face to the ground.

The battle must always be the Lord's. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against . . . the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12). Spiritual battles are not won by bullets, nor by ballots, nor by any human means. "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God" (Psalm 20:7). "There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength. . . . Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy" (Psalm 33:16, 18 ).

We even have a mandate to attack the enemy in His stronghold. Christ taught, "Upon this rock |of faith in Christ as divine Saviour| I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Matthew 16:18 )

It is easy, in trying to do a work for God, to rely on human abilities and devices, but these will fail, for the battle is the Lord's. When the battle is going well, we must not boast, for the battle is the Lord's. When the battle is going hard, we must not despair, for the battle is the Lord's.

He is our strength. "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)" (2 Corinthians 10:3-4). HMM

For more . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Ismail Haruna Converts To Muslim: Ex-Driver To Bishop David Abioye Of Winners / Many 2go Users To Die Today-tb Joshua / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 253
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.