Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

My Life Story, What Can I Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Life Story, What Can I Do (986 Views)

True Life Story. What Will You Do? / TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife / Shocking Story: What You Sow Is What You Reap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life Story, What Can I Do by Dejavue0808(m): 4:30am On May 28, 2020
What can someone like me do to resist my inner mind from being oppressed by this non mother- like attitude.Cos ones mum would never do things which could hurt one's feeling. Nowadays i feel as if used to do all that's expected to the last minor shits at home, and irrespective of that i still face some Ill manners like being shouted at, being abused before food is passed to me.Even when she's about leaving for anywhere, u will hear things like do this, do that or else no food for u.And if i lock up my self in my room. My dad always get annoyed that I'm acting weird, but everything seems fine when he's at home.I'm being treated like someone who came for holiday or came to enjoy luxury and must pay in kind.He feels shebi it's the child at home that does everything but I do tell him, not to the last minor shits.It's so frustrating if someone couldn't come over for a little while. If I'm off for days, my dad will be like i deserted him.Have made this understand my discomfort all times but he hardly believe as she tends to act plain in his presence
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by ModestGal(f): 4:41am On May 28, 2020
Dejavue0808:
What can someone like me do to resist my inner mind from being oppressed by this non mother- like attitude.Cos ones mum would never do things which could hurt one's feeling. Nowadays i feel as if used to do all that's expected to the last minor shits at home, and irrespective of that i still face some Ill manners like being shouted at, being abused before food is passed to me.Even when she's about leaving for anywhere, u will hear things like do this, do that or else no food for u.And if i lock up my self in my room. My dad always get annoyed that I'm acting weird, but everything seems fine when he's at home.I'm being treated like someone who came for holiday or came to enjoy luxury and must pay in kind.He feels shebi it's the child at home that does everything but I do tell him, not to the last minor shits.It's so frustrating if someone couldn't come over for a little while. If I'm off for days, my dad will be like i deserted him.Have made this understand my discomfort all times but he hardly believe as she tends to act plain in his presence
Is she your real mom?
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by ipobarecriminals: 4:42am On May 28, 2020
sad
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by dominique(f): 5:32am On May 28, 2020
First of, how old are you?
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Davash222(m): 5:36am On May 28, 2020
So, who do you expected to do the last minor shits at home Your dad or mum?
Ogbeni, go wash plates jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by FlordFlorez(m): 6:13am On May 28, 2020
From your writeup, I could guess you're a kid. Go and do your house chores. Are you expecting her to do them.
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by jeffizy(m): 6:15am On May 28, 2020
From the write-up, I sense that you are still young and probably the only child on the house at the moment.

That being the case, there's no one else to get the daily chores done except for you.

See it as a training for a more independent future for you.

1 Like

Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by masterflowx(m): 6:49am On May 28, 2020
What I see here is loving parent.
They are training you to be independent.

1 Like

Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by DADDY2or3FISHES: 7:07am On May 28, 2020
It seems you are the only person at home because your dad and mum are going to work.
It only makes sense for you to do everything unless you just want to find a reason to be rebellious.

Be thankful you are not out there hawking fruits or Yam to ensure you compliment your parents earnings for feeding

If there is something you feel it's too much for you to do, just leave it without even arguing with them, they will get the message loud and clear. But mind you, this approach is just for parents who genuinely maltreatment you

1 Like

Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by StubbornGENIUS: 7:16am On May 28, 2020
If you think you are man enough and you can no longer do the house chores,how about moving out and finding your own place?But then if you are still young which I think you are,I suggest you talk to your Mum,in the presence of your dad.
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Nobody: 8:19am On May 28, 2020
Just find alternative accomodation for yourself if you feel you're too old to run errands for your parents who are still feeding you, despite this old age of yours undecided
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Mariangeles(f): 8:25am On May 28, 2020
Dejavue0808:
What can someone like me do to resist my inner mind from being oppressed by this non mother- like attitude.Cos ones mum would never do things which could hurt one's feeling. Nowadays i feel as if used to do all that's expected to the last minor shits at home, and irrespective of that i still face some Ill manners like being shouted at, being abused before food is passed to me.Even when she's about leaving for anywhere, u will hear things like do this, do that or else no food for u. And if i lock up my self in my room. My dad always get annoyed that I'm acting weird, but everything seems fine when he's at home.I'm being treated like someone who came for holiday or came to enjoy luxury and must pay in kind.He feels shebi it's the child at home that does everything but I do tell him, not to the last minor shits.It's so frustrating if someone couldn't come over for a little while. If I'm off for days, my dad will be like i deserted him.Have made this understand my discomfort all times but he hardly believe as she tends to act plain in his presence

Is she your stepmother?
Except for the bolded, I see nothing wrong...
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Nobody: 8:28am On May 28, 2020
How old are you, OP?
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by merieam16(f): 9:30am On May 28, 2020
hmm... indomie generation na dem, so u dont want dem 2 send u errands buh u want 2 eat der food? kontinu
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Dejavue0808(m): 9:43am On May 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

Is she your stepmother?
Except for the bolded, I see nothing wrong...
yes she is
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Mariangeles(f): 9:49am On May 28, 2020
Dejavue0808:
yes she is

That explains the pretence...

Do you have other siblings by her and your dad?
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Dejavue0808(m): 9:59am On May 28, 2020
aeion:
How old are you, OP?
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Dejavue0808(m): 9:59am On May 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

That explains the pretence...

Do you have other siblings by her and your dad?
none
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by itzdeejay: 10:15am On May 28, 2020
I know how that feels and totally understand you.
Sometimes parents can be demanding and want to use the same method they where raised to raise their kids which they think will make the kids be like them because they assume they panned out well after the strict and disciplined life they gave them.
They tend to forget that things have changed and the life they use to know when they where kids is not the same life now.
So this is all misunderstanding.
You have to understand and respect their perspective no matter how difficult it can be (not abusive) and then try to explain your perspectives to them too. You people should have a talk.

Hints: mums uses emmotional blackmail, manipulation or sentiments to get to their children. Give them the same treatment and they will understand.

Procedure: ask her while crying, "are you truly my biological mum and still treat me like this" and watch her cry and explain her actions and how it wil benefit you.
You have to understand her, explain to her where n when u feel hurt
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Mariangeles(f): 10:27am On May 28, 2020
Dejavue0808:

You have to start behaving like an adult.
You can't allow anybody to threaten and call you names because of food.
Next time she uses food to threaten you, reject that food!
Also, learn to speak up and stand your ground without being disrespectful.
Whenever she calls you names, walk away from her!
Never cry and beg like the above monicker suggested.
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by itzdeejay: 11:11am On May 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

You have to start behaving like an adult.
You can't allow anybody to threaten and call you names because of food.
Next time she uses food to threaten you, reject that food!
Also, learn to speak up and stand your ground without being disrespectful.
Whenever she calls you names, walk away from her!
Never cry and beg like the above monicker suggested.

The above monicker knows that there is actions and conseqences and also knows that there is time for everything, strong headedness will only lead to more misunderstanding and blame game.
If she rejects her food, hope you will give her something to eat and what if the parents are petty enough to throw her out bc she feels she can take care of herself? Gbas gbos no get measure.
That been said...acting weak is not weakness, it is advantageous for survival or better still let her move out for her sanity sack.
Where your advice leads will implode in the family and cause more rift.
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Mariangeles(f): 11:13am On May 28, 2020
itzdeejay:

The above monicker knows that there is actions and conseqences and also knows that there is time for everything, strong headedness will only lead to more misunderstanding and blame game.
If she rejects her food, hope you will give her something to eat and what if the parents are petty enough to throw her out bc she feels she can take care of herself? Gbas gbos no get measure.
That been said...acting weak is not weakness, it is advantageous for survival or better still let her move out for her sanity sack.
Where your advice leads will implode in the family and cause more rift.

Please! He's an adult already!
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by itzdeejay: 11:19am On May 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

Please! He's an adult already!

He/she is an adult?

What is the next thing an adult should do? from your extensive understanding of how an adult is supposed to behave.
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Mariangeles(f): 11:37am On May 28, 2020
itzdeejay:

He/she is an adult?

What is the next thing an adult should do? from your extensive understanding of how an adult is supposed to behave.

How's an adult supposed to behave when you call him names and threaten him with common food just to get him to do chores? Would you just stand there and take such just because you don't want to be "disrespectful"?
You don't get to have your way by blackmailing people. It should not be allowed.
Not even one's biological mother should do that.
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by itzdeejay: 12:23pm On May 28, 2020
Mariangeles:

How's an adult supposed to behave when you call him names and threaten him with common food just to get him to do chores? Would you just stand there and take such just because you don't want to be "disrespectful"?
You don't get to have your way by blackmailing people. It should not be allowed.
Not even one's biological mother should do that.
Firstly; i didnt say the mum is blackmailing or manuipulating him. I said mums use this tools to get to their children.
Secondly, i am just realizing he is a guy but same produre can be adopted to both sexes men cry n there is nothing wrong by appearing weak.
Thirdly, as the only child, who is supposed to do the chores? I am the last born, stil do most chores when i go home happily, it has made me to cook n clean up my shit even when i have people that i am older than/females companionship.
This chores means nothing, it is symbiotic association/relationship. (if they provide money, u provide energy,power and time.)
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Mariangeles(f): 1:47pm On May 28, 2020
itzdeejay:

Firstly; i didnt say the mum is blackmailing or manuipulating him. I said mums use this tools to get to their children.
Secondly, i am just realizing he is a guy but same produre can be adopted to both sexes men cry n there is nothing wrong by appearing weak.
Thirdly, as the only child, who is supposed to do the chores? I am the last born, stil do most chores when i go home happily, it has made me to cook n clean up my shit even when i have people that i am older than/females companionship.
This chores means nothing, it is symbiotic association/relationship. (if they provide money, u provide energy,power and time.)

Go through my previous comments, I never encouraged him to ignore chores.
Re: My Life Story, What Can I Do by Ishilove: 2:13pm On May 28, 2020
Endure until you are fully independent

(1) (Reply)

Compromise In Marriage; With Money And Fidelity As The Rock Of Marriage / Fireman Generator SPG 1.8kva For Sale / Haier Thermocool Or Nexus Washing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.