Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

I Just Received A Scholarship Email - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Just Received A Scholarship Email (433 Views)

I Received My First Salary Today (PHOTO) / I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Received A Scholarship Email by asofin: 4:38am On May 28, 2020
Please who else has received an email like this, the email contains my full detail, I want to know if it is real or a scam.

You have already registered on China University of Petroleum (Hua Dong) Online Application System for International Students
by using this Email address.Please ensure that it is your frequently used email address as the
University can email you when necessary.

The registered information is as follows:
User name is #######,password is ######
Please click the link to activate your account.
Entry for activation:https://upc.17gz.org/member/active.do?password=%40#######&credential=c1060304b0084f4ba0ccdead1a872f30&username=#######

For more information, please login on the system. China University of Petroleum (Hua Dong) Online Application Platform

您已在"中国石油大学(华东)国际学生服务平台"中用此邮箱地址注册。请确认此邮箱为您的常用邮箱,以便您能及时收到学校发送的重要通知。
您的注册信息为:
用户名为: ####### ,密码为 ######
请点击下面的链接,激活账号。
注册激活链接入口:https://upc.17gz.org/member/active.do?password=%40#######&credential=c1060304b0084f4ba0ccdead1a872f30&username=######

详情请登录 中国石油大学(华东)国际学生服务平台查看

Re: I Just Received A Scholarship Email by franktolk(m): 5:02am On May 28, 2020
Did you apply for their scholarship programme or did you apply for admission to the school ? If your answer is No , then it's most likely a phishing scam email .
Re: I Just Received A Scholarship Email by asofin: 5:05am On May 28, 2020
franktolk:
Did you apply for their scholarship programme or did you apply for admission to the school ? If your answer is No , them it's most likely a phishing scam email .

No I never apply for any scholarship
Re: I Just Received A Scholarship Email by asofin: 5:10am On May 28, 2020
But how did they get my username and password?
Re: I Just Received A Scholarship Email by franktolk(m): 5:40am On May 28, 2020
asofin:
But how did they get my username and password?

If you never applied for admission to the school, then it's likely some fraudulent guys might likely have used your personal details (which you may have provided on some fraudulent website some where recently or in the past ) . They have collections of peoples' email addresses ,they send out bulk emails to these email addresses. They are trying to get more information from you ( both personal and financial details) and once they have all your data that they needed they will use it elsewhere for their ill motives . please be careful , trust that quiet voice telling you it's not real .

2 Likes

Re: I Just Received A Scholarship Email by seankafor(m): 7:46am On May 28, 2020
franktolk:

If you never applied for admission to the school, then it's likely some fraudulent guys might likely have used your personal details (which you may have provided on some fraudulent website some where recently or in the past ) . They have collections of peoples' email addresses ,they send out bulk emails to these email addresses. They are trying to get more information from you ( both personal and financial details) and once they have all your data that they needed they will use it elsewhere for their ill motives . please be careful , trust that quiet voice telling you it's not real .
brother u wise cheesy
Re: I Just Received A Scholarship Email by asofin: 2:47am On May 31, 2020
franktolk:

Thanks so much

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of $10 Investment / How Do I Stop Being Lazy And Procrastinating? / Oil Workers Zone ( Permanent And Contract Staff )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.