Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

"Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" (23608 Views)

Anambra Ministry Rescues Mentally-ill Mum & Her Infant From The Streets (Pics) / NIMET Partners With Tagwaye Foundation On Drug And Substance Abuse Control / Ambode Declares Zero Tolerance For Infant Mortality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by mytime24(f): 10:53am On May 28, 2020
I hail #naija

1 Like

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by Nobody: 10:53am On May 28, 2020
And to think that NAFDAC certified and approved those infant formulas.

What exactly is going on here? Does the NAFDAC conduct analysis at all before certifying products brought to its table? And does NAFDAC conduct regular follow up analysis to ensure those with approvals are keeping to specified standard?

1 Like

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by Ishilove: 10:53am On May 28, 2020
Jesus...
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by Glink2018(m): 10:54am On May 28, 2020
yemzzy22:
why is everything in nigeria unsafe even common toothpaste m even scared of it sha I have brushed this morning lol

Because Nigeria is just like a dumping ground for all manufacturers all over the world. So, nothing safe in dumping ground for consumption, nothing can safe in Nigeria for consumption..unless if you can be manufacturing your daily life necessity yourself...
The chair you are sitting on right now is not safe as long as it is made by Nigeria Carpenter
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by EdmundDantes(m): 10:55am On May 28, 2020
Incomplete write-up. No list of affected formulas. No advisory on proactive measures to take. Just empty alarm...

2 Likes

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by Vivuch: 10:55am On May 28, 2020
ikorodureporta:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/infant-formulas-on-sale-in-nigeria-high-in-arsenic-toxic-substance/
Ogi, Akamu. Pap is the only way out. You can make fruit puree or vegetable puree by yourself. Get a blender.
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by Faithful4real(m): 10:56am On May 28, 2020
Eagle360:
All these can food self, they are cost.
That's why we go local. Maize+Guinea corn+Soybeans+ Crayfish+Groundnuts and some other ingredients. Very cheap and promote growths. It safe a lot.

Goat milk is better.
Goat milk is similar to mother's milk.

1 Like

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:57am On May 28, 2020
ODJ123:
kudos to scientists that conducted the research.....

*Yesterday morning, some ladies raped a guy while he was going for a jogging. This morning over 700 guys were found jogging on the same road. Men will be Men* ..

meanwhile check ma SIG.....
register while it last.....and smile to d bank..

abeg my brother which road be that ?
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by SocialJustice: 10:58am On May 28, 2020
Auxtin85:
I won’t raise my kids in Nigeria never. A country where nobody cares about anybody, a country where hatred is the order of the day .
The situation is very pathetic.

1 Like

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by Farki: 10:58am On May 28, 2020
We need the names of the formula companies, this could have serious effects on the nature of child medical care.

2 Likes

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by ODJ123(m): 11:00am On May 28, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

abeg my brother which road be that ?

lol
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by emmnprince(m): 11:00am On May 28, 2020
We always cry to God for help when we're unwilling to help ourselves. God does not force Himself on man especially in the area of helping man because what man needs to solve most of his basic problems have been carefully and freely given to man: sense, plants, seasons, sun, and the things of life. It is man's choice to freely make use of the things to the improvement of himself and others.

God only compliment man's effort to help himself. He doesn't force "His help" on man just as He didn't force man to accept His salvation plan that was freely given to man through Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by Farki: 11:00am On May 28, 2020
bizme:
And to think that NAFDAC certified and approved those infant formulas.

What exactly is going on here? Does the NAFDAC conduct analysis at all before certifying products brought to its table? And does NAFDAC conduct regular follow up analysis to ensure those with approvals are keeping to specified standard?

According to the paper no alarm was raised because there were no established guidelines for arsenic levels in infant food.

1 Like

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by sisisioge: 11:01am On May 28, 2020
Ok...so those produced locally and imported have this toxics. Yet FDA and like agencies missed this important tests before approval.

Also,babies have been consuming these formulas for God knows how long and they turn out just fine! Whew!

1 Like

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by seunfly: 11:01am On May 28, 2020
Ngerians are the biggest problem of Nigeeia, everybody is.grabbing their.copies.of corruption.in their respective domain.

1 Like

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by Ujumira(f): 11:02am On May 28, 2020
Oga will be happy
Onces he sees this thread��
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by Farki: 11:02am On May 28, 2020
BUSHHUNTER:
The people from yEAST will not kill us finish

You are dumb, most infant formula companies aren't even owned by Nigerians.
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by Nobody: 11:04am On May 28, 2020
Who is surprised? Typical Nigeria
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by Nobody: 11:05am On May 28, 2020
ODJ123:
"Currently, there is no guideline for arsenic content in baby food, including infant formulas, but the food industry has been advised to adhere to a 0.2 mg/kg arsenic level to ensure the safety of infants and young children."...

they need to adhere to d quoted above.....

This is were the problem lies. Since there is no guidelines, you cannot sue for defective product liabilities.

It is shocking. I am still thinking of suing beverage manufacturers for their role in higher rate of diabetes in the society. The issue is there is no medical research to link it. But I don't under why they will put over 50 grams of sugar in a pet bottle of beverage without warning members of the public on potential consequences.

I find it funny, cos some persons consume up to 3 pet bottle a day. It seems addictive, as they can't go a day without taking carbonated drinks.

1 Like

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by ideology(m): 11:05am On May 28, 2020
ODJ123:
"Currently, there is no guideline for arsenic content in baby food, including infant formulas, but the food industry has been advised to adhere to a 0.2 mg/kg arsenic level to ensure the safety of infants and young children."...

they need to adhere to d quoted above.....

Why should it be added in the first place?
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by apexx1936: 11:05am On May 28, 2020
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by ideology(m): 11:06am On May 28, 2020
litigator:

This is were the problem lies. Since there is no guidelines, you cannot sue for defective product liabilities.

It is shocking. I am still thinking of suing beverage manufacturers for their role in higher rate of diabetes in the society. The issue is there is no medical research to link it. But I don't under why they will put over 50 grams of sugar in a pet bottle of beverage without warning members of the public of potential consequences.

I find it funny, cos some persons consume up to 3 pet bottle a day. It seems addictive, as they can't go a day without taking carbonated drinks.

What you are seeing is deliberate...

If I talk now people will shout consipracy theory
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by netflicks(m): 11:09am On May 28, 2020
Make God help person...that na milk wey i dey lick some times and also my bro new baby they take am....which kind wahala be this
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by BreconHills(m): 11:13am On May 28, 2020
BUSHHUNTER:
The people from yEAST will not kill us finish

Bros feeding the tribal narrative takes innocent lives.
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by ODJ123(m): 11:14am On May 28, 2020
litigator:

It is shocking. I am still thinking of suing beverage manufacturers for their role in higher rate of diabetes in the society. The issue is there is no medical research to link it. But I don't under why they will put over 50 grams of sugar in a pet bottle of beverage without warning members of the public of potential consequences.

you know the sugar in those beverages provides energy....
if you noticed people take those beverages... sometimes for energy....
More research should be conducted to provide other alternative....
Because these beverages has become part of our daily meal....

1 Like

Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by ODJ123(m): 11:15am On May 28, 2020
ideology:

Why should it be added in the first place?
well.. I don't really know shall..
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by Ezedikechinedu1(m): 11:18am On May 28, 2020
Eagle360:
All these can food self, they are cost.
That's why we go local. Maize+Guinea corn+Soybeans+ Crayfish+Groundnuts and some other ingredients. Very cheap and promote growths. It safe a lot.
Lol no be lie sha
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by rosy02(f): 11:19am On May 28, 2020
The best solution is to package these food items in a safer container that is void of metal.
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by apexx4945: 11:20am On May 28, 2020
[color=#] 4980506[/color]
Re: "Infant Formulas On Sale In Nigeria High In Arsenic, Toxic Substance" by apexx4945: 11:20am On May 28, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Borno COVID-19 Patients Flee After Testing Positive / 143 New COVID-19 Cases,125 Discharged And No Deaths On August 31 - (2569 Tested) / 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.