Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? (935 Views)

Just Witnessed An Accident Now 1st Of January / Couple Had An Accident After Their Proposal; She Married Him In A Wheelchair / How My Fiancee Dumped Me After An Accident - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by vickobon(m): 8:04am On May 28, 2020
Ever been in an accident, How did it go?

Mine happened some 12 years ago so here goes. The journey was from ijebu-ode in Ogun State to the state capital Abeokuta. My mum was to drive and we set off at about 4pm in the evening as it usually takes a time of about an hour and thirty minutes to get to abeokuta ( Her pace tho).
It happened at some kilometres past odogbolu. The expressway had 4 lanes, 2 for those going and 2 for those returning and all was going smooth and well until we caught up to a trailer on the road. The trailer was on the fast lane not moving too fast so the cars ahead of us had to overtake using the slow lane. All the cars in front had gone past and we were next to go past and we did, but after getting past to about the midsection of the trailer, the trailer swerved suddenly to the right towards our car and mum in a bid to dodge also swerved to right hand side of the road, as she was trying to dodge, the right front tyre of our car went over the asphalt section of the road unto the gravel section (N.B: the sections of the road were not level as the asphalt section was higher than the gravel section). As that happened, the car was going towards the bush and so she turned it towards the road and the car oversteered and the car was going towards the fuel tank of the trailer so she swerved again and from there, it was just clearing of bushes till the car came to a stop. After the car stopped, my door was the only one that could be opened as mum's side had been blocked by a tree. As i opened the door, i was running about in the bush confused till i remembered that i wasn't the only one in the car.
Other cars and commuters on the expressway stopped to help pull the car out of the bush, the trailer that was partly
responsible didn't stop. It was only after my mum was helped out of the car and returned to the expressway did people discover that she had been lacerated around the neck region by the seat belt because of the style of cloth she was wearing. We returned to ijebu-ode that evening, the car was fixed the next day and we had someone drive us to abeokuta on the third day. For about a week after the incident, i was experiencing serious body pains.
Grateful that no life was lost during the incident. Share yours if any.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by Davash222(m): 8:08am On May 28, 2020
You see this aboki people riding byke in Lagos, avoid them. One almost ruined my life. How two byke men collide with each other on a lonely and wide street is what I fail to understand up till now. It's a mystery.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by TheSourcerer: 8:12am On May 28, 2020
Took a bike from my house to the juntion ( 4-5 mins walk ) do on getting close to the juntion there was a taxi guy packing sticks to his long booth , thsys how he was talking and trying to enter his seat (driver's seat) , as he opened the door the bike slamed right in , I was able to hold on to the bike man as you would a surf board , he got the injuries , on him getting up he coughed up blood and I was just there on the ground wondering . . Obviously dazed

Then next thing , Ah na you ? Wetin happen? I asked about the bike man , that he was alright but the bike was not , I would have done Thanksgivings or sort , but I went back home drank beer and watched TV.
Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by Saintbusco1(m): 8:27am On May 28, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Took a bike from my house to the juntion ( 4-5 mins walk ) do on getting close to the juntion there was a taxi guy packing sticks to his long booth , thsys how he was talking and trying to enter his seat (driver's seat) , as he opened the door the bike slamed right in , I was able to hold on to the bike man as you would a surf board , he got the injuries , on him getting up he coughed up blood and I was just there on the ground wondering . . Obviously dazed

Then next thing , Ah na you ? Wetin happen? I asked about the bike man , that he was alright but the bike was not , I would have done Thanksgivings or sort , but I went back home drank beer and watched TV.
well if you had ended up in the bike man's shoe, you wouldn't drink beer...

People really needs to be grateful to Almighty inorder to deserve another Grace...

Thanks cost nothing!
Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by Davash222(m): 8:27am On May 28, 2020
TheSourcerer:

Almost same with my experience.. The truth is, I couldn't even recognize the byke man, he was covered with blood all over his face. The other byke man was lying lifeless on the ground. I was just sitting at the ground thinking about my life. Na hell fire I for go straight if talk say I die that moment, e sure me die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by TheSourcerer: 8:29am On May 28, 2020
Saintbusco1:
well if you had ended up in the bike man's shoe, you wouldn't drink beer...

People really needs to be grateful to Almighty inorder to deserve another Grace
well I wasn't , the christain guy needed more protection ? FU
Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by meetme01: 8:30am On May 28, 2020
Mine was 14yrs ago. Along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. I was trying to avoid a pot hole. Suddenly, a trailer hit from hard from the back above the culvert, landed on another car outward Lagos. It was around noon that very day. Everything went blank and dark but I could mutter words to those who assisted and gave my girl friend's number since she was close to Lagos. My brain was just saying, accident but I wouldn't know why I wasn't scared.

I remembered the fist hospital rejected me. I was later transferred to LASUTH where I was diagnosed of Spinal Cord Injury T10-L1 level( Paraplegic). Since, Igbobi was the special hospital for such, I was moved to Igbobi. I spent 6months on bed.

Another life started on wheels. It was a traumatic situation but I give glory to God. He gave me the courage, wisdom and another chance. to move on and start all over again. I started and completed my Undergraduate and Post Graduate programmes. I have a good job, I drive and also, married.

12 Likes

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by TheSourcerer: 8:30am On May 28, 2020
Davash222:

Almost same with my experience.. The truth is, I couldn't even recognize the byke man, he was covered with blood all over his face. The other byke man was lying lifeless on the ground. I was just sitting at the ground thinking about my life. Na hell fire I for go straight if talk say I die that moment, e sure me die.
lol I no reason hell at all, I was very calm but dazed. just concerned about the guy , damn he was covered in blood .
Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by TheSourcerer: 8:32am On May 28, 2020
meetme01:
Mine was 14yrs ago. Along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. I was trying to avoid a pot hole. Suddenly, a trailer hit from hard from the back above the culvert, landed on another car outward Lagos. It was around noon that very day. Everything went blank and dark but I could mutter words to those who assisted and gave my girl friends number since she was close to Lagos. My brain was just saying, accident but I wouldn't know why I wasn't scared.

I remembered the fist hospital rejected me. I was later transferred to LASUTH where I was diagnosed of Spinal Cord Injury T10-L1 level( Paraplegic). Since, Igbobi was the special hospital for such, I was moved to Igbobi. I spent 6months on bed.

Another life started on wheels. It was a traumatic situation but I give glory to God. He gave me the courage, wisdom and another chance. to move on and start all over again. I started and completed my Undergraduate and Post Graduate programmes. I have a good job, I drive and also, married.

you're Awesome that's why! ! Love ya bro♥️♥️
Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:39am On May 28, 2020
Davash222:
You see this aboki people riding byke in Lagos, avoid them. One almost ruined my life. How two byke men collide with each other on a lonely and wide street is what I fail to understand up till now. It's a mystery.

I STOPPED TAKING BIKE YEARS AGO AFTER ONE NEARLY SUBMITTED ME UNDER A MOVING TRAILER.

SINCE THEN, IF CARS CAN'T GO WHERE I'M GOING, I'LL TREKK IT.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by tillaman(m): 8:40am On May 28, 2020
My own experience was in 2018 along Lagos Ibadan express way, those Hausa bike men are not right upstairs, the dude was dragging space with trailer o and I was trying to caution he didn’t listen I told him to stop say I no dey go again he refused na that time I know say I don enter am, as the trailer driver swerved in our direction along that Mfm prayer city side the bike man loose balance comot for express wan enter inside ditch Naso me I jump inside dirty water do baptism small but lucky for me na only small bruise for my elbow and calf but the bike man wasn’t lucky cause he slammed his head, the impact was so bad that he knocked out, the good samaritans sha revived him, they asked if I was okay and all I just collected water and cleaned my leg, i sha manage to comot for that side, Naso I do impromptu water baptism!!

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by scopusng(m): 8:47am On May 28, 2020
Mine was in March 2017 on my way to Fugar from Auchi on a motor vehicle. Unfortunately four people died on the spot. But God saved my life.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by Duchessree(f): 8:51am On May 28, 2020
It happened when i was in jss 1 or 2, my elder brother and i were on our way to school , we had to use bike for transport as that morning my dad couldn't take us to school, just directly opposite Ekpan general hospital , a bike from behind just cleared us, i dont even know how it happened but i just found myself on the ground, shame did not allow me to stand up o cheesy , it was a man that even carried me to the other side of the road,
Immediately my parents were called, my mom was so scared ehn, the bike man stayed with us till my parents came, we were later taken to winrose hospital at Enerhen for treatment.
Next day i went to school like nothing ever happened. I just thank God that we didnt sustain any serious injuries . smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by johnkey: 9:24am On May 28, 2020
scopusng:
Mine was in March 2017 on my way to Fugar from Auchi on a motor vehicle. Unfortunately four people died on the spot. But God saved my life.
If I be lecturer na 'E' I'll give you for this comment, no explanation to make the sorry sweet eh.
Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by Galactico4ever(m): 9:26am On May 28, 2020
The Vehicle summersaulted three times and I escaped without a scratch.
Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by Nobody: 9:33am On May 28, 2020
Some of you are lying untop accident again. Accident is not a good thing, don’t lie about it.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by Ekawu(m): 9:41am On May 28, 2020
I was coming back from clubbing with some colleagues, after one alighted in his residence . I was going to drop others just after like 4 minutes of driving i saw myself in a ditch my car caught fire, I brought out the fire extinguisher but to no avail and that was how I lost my car .

Terrible experience I must say. February 2nd 2020 the day I cheated death, my first accident in my over 10 years of driving and it cost me my car .

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by Ballwick(m): 9:57am On May 28, 2020
Mine was on my birthday In Maryland,mom had just called me to wish me well again and she's feeling somehow concerning me.told her all is well and I want to see my best friend off to where he wld board a bus home.na so me and my guy de gist infront of d behind d nepa station D next thing wey I know my friend just disappeared like flash it was too fast to understand wat happened as I turned round to see wetin ,Camry muscle don jam me hit nepa barb wire.realisd d drunk driver was my friend he was almost lynched but I prevented it.how I escaped without a scratch is still a testimony

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by paulolee(m): 10:50am On May 28, 2020
just last year December...aboki bike man carry me de speed rubbish along apapa tincan road and i bin warn am bt e no hear...2 mins leta e jam one uniform man car from the front side and the both of us end up for ground and pick race Immediately when we see the bad damage and the man uniform....d man jus sieze the okada and i jus carry my small injury go chemist to treat n leave aboki with him own wound de beg army for the siezed okada

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by Humanoid01(m): 11:14am On May 28, 2020
Some years ago back in school, I boarded a bike toward a market in town, which was about 10 minutes away. Half way through, the bike I was on clashed with another (both going at high speeds and opposite directions).

The road was a little bumpy and both bikers wanted to swerve to different paths, but it was like they had the same path in mind Lol. They got too close before they could change their minds, and they clashed.

I don't know what happened to the other biker and the passengers he was carrying, but the one who carried me lost a lot of blood that day. One of his feet got disfigured, I think the foot really scratched the ground. I on the other hand sustained a very bad injury on my knee. I could literally see my bone. In the end, someone offered to take us to a hospital, and we were both stitched up. It took me up to a month or so to recover from that psychologically as it was my first ever auto-accident.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by freethinker01: 11:59am On May 28, 2020
Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by bigseank(m): 10:23pm On Dec 24, 2022
Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by Starz825(m): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2022
Omoo...was involved in an accident last year...

Guy...he no easy...

God saved me man ....

Could have died...

Can't thank God enough man

Na for there I realize say...you wan chop, you wan work,you wan travel ..you wan marry, you wan walk.....na because say you dey alive ooo...and your body parts dey intact...

A client of mine told me about a friend who entered one chance at a bus stop in Lagos.....
The bad guys robbed him of his belongings and instead of them to park make the guy come down jeje....they rather released him while the bus was speedily on motion...he lost his legs afterwards... he's been on the wheels since that experience...his fiancee wey he wan marry .left him .. said she can't start her marriage life with that ....
He felt like dying...cos My client called him in my presence...he said he was tired of life...and I totally understand him...

I thank God for my life embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Accident, How Did It Go? by texannaija: 7:42am On Dec 25, 2022
Starz825:
Omoo...was involved in an accident last year...

Guy...he no easy...

God saved me man ....

Could have died...

Can't thank God enough man

Na for there I realize say...you wan chop, you wan work,you wan travel ..you wan marry, you wan walk.....na because say you dey alive ooo...and your body parts dey intact...

A client of mine told me about a friend who entered one chance at a bus stop in Lagos.....
The bad guys robbed him of his belongings and instead of them to park make the guy come down jeje....they rather released him while the bus was speedily on motion...he lost his legs afterwards... he's been on the wheels since that experience...his fiancee wey he wan marry .left him .. said she can't start her marriage life with that ....
He felt like dying...cos My client called him in my presence...he said he was tired of life...and I totally understand him...

I thank God for my life embarassed

Na to thank God for life o Chief. I don experience the two. My friend lost control of the vehicle we were in. Motor somersault 2 times, I came out without a scratch (thank God for seatbelt), the rest had minor injuries. The vehicle - write off.

One chance nko, dem use iron bar wan scatter “their papa” leg (no be my leg). Chai!, those guys are heartless. I was on treatment for about three months. No be small thing.

Make we dey always thank God for life!!!!.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Marrying Her Now Questionable / Men Would Shame and Embarrass You / Guys No Patronize Oloshos Very Well This Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.