Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,440 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note (1849 Views)

Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu / N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike / I Am Wiser Now - Governor Akinwunmi Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Ruby5: 12:22pm On May 28, 2020
Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Sakamaje: 12:24pm On May 28, 2020
Wow. That's some scary looking flood right there.

2 Likes

Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Cyberterror: 12:33pm On May 28, 2020
Houses built with ogwu ego.

1 Like

Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 28, 2020
This is the reason i see Eastern cities as a port hole of the country. After the civil war, alot of displaced people return & start rebuilding; the FED.Govt neglect for a proper rebuild of the Eastern State's brought about the scourge of buildings without proper landscaping.
Neither the drainage's were properly channeled nor structured. even thou the city is just few K/M away from River Niger. This is not just the state govt but also the FED.Govt to intervene. These city is part of Nigeria. They should apply proper decorum and save lives. For e.g Old Niger Bridge is in a bad shape.

6 Likes

Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 28, 2020
Horrifying

Development before planning

This disaster not only waiting to happen, but already happening

2 Likes

Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Bembellaa: 12:37pm On May 28, 2020
This is terrible,where is Obiano

2 Likes

Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Okoroawusa: 12:42pm On May 28, 2020
Is this for real?

Egwu ejum aru
Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by honeyB2018: 12:46pm On May 28, 2020
Cyberterror:

Why not do your own now? Is anyone stopping you from this. Bad belle people.
So the whole house in Onitsha is a product of blood money. Oshi
Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Luizkid(m): 3:29pm On May 28, 2020
Most tyms car owners know they're packing on a waterway but will be thinking the rain won't be much until it comes to this. It happened to me one time and it's not a nice experience.
Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by pazienza(m): 3:37pm On May 28, 2020
Where, I see beautiful houses with beautiful roofs all around.
Igbo Amaka smiley
Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 28, 2020
Oh sugar! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Armaggedon: 3:46pm On May 28, 2020
Cyberterror:
why are killer herdsmen still poor?
Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:54pm On May 28, 2020
Ruby5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ZfPexrHW8
Op when was this video, because the state haven't experience heavy rain like what's in the video since this year, because of mega projects going on in the state.

6 Likes

Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by OreMI22: 3:57pm On May 28, 2020
Ruby5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ZfPexrHW8

When people deliberately block gutters throughout the city. The consequence is flooding. No Governor or President can clean your gutters for you!

After the rains, the people should come out and CLEAR all the gutters and take the rubbish away. Not dumping the rubbish on the edge of the gutter only to be washed back into the drains again.

Nigerians are amongst the most stubborn people that abuse their environments so much. Somehow, it's good when folks experience these things first hand. it helps them to understand the need for keeping the gutters open without any rubbish thrown into them.

Many credible vloggers have called on people to stop dumping refuse into drainage channels and ofcourse there is need for government to widen the drainage gutters in many places now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Hzzk0P1xU

2 Likes

Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by OreMI22: 4:00pm On May 28, 2020
post=90054751:

Op when was this video, because the state haven't experience heavy rain like what's in the video since this year, because of mega projects going on in the state.

I am sure the video is fake because it would have been reported by other vloggers in Onitsha.

However, folks in many neighborhoods of Onitsha must begin to clear their gutters before the June - August heavy rains begin.

2 Likes

Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Supan(m): 4:26pm On May 28, 2020
post=90054751:

Anambra has long past flooding issue of this kind.

Even at that, this is a light matter compared to Fegge and Okpoko flood issue which Peter Obi controlled effectively.
Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Bendeco2020: 4:56pm On May 28, 2020
Onitsha that rain just commence recently.... It has not even rain upto 5 times this month.

I was born and brought up in Onitsha.... flood hardly happen in Onitsha. You sure say this is not Ogbaru Local Govt u post as Onitsha?

I wonder what some of u gain in given false information?

1 Like

Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Daddysidhan: 5:15pm On May 28, 2020
Change the topic to TSUNAMI in landlocked Igbo land,Lols no wonder this bastard keep using drone pictures on nairaland. No good road only rooftop

1 Like

Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by NwaEnugwuukwu(m): 8:23pm On May 28, 2020
Fulaniherdmens:
This is the reason i see Eastern cities as a port hole of the country. After the civil war, alot of displaced people return & start rebuilding; the FED.Govt neglect for a proper rebuild of the Eastern State's brought about the scourge of buildings without proper landscaping.
Neither the drainage's were properly channeled nor structured. even thou the city is just few K/M away from River Niger. This is not just the state govt but also the FED.Govt to intervene. These city is part of Nigeria. They should apply proper decorum and save lives. For e.g Old Niger Bridge is in a bad shape.

Daddysidhan:
Change the topic to TSUNAMI in landlocked Igbo land,Lols no wonder this bastard keep using drone pictures on nairaland. No good road only rooftop

Which region in Nigeria that doesn't experience flooding?

The truth is that all the states in this country lacks proper drainage plans.
Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 28, 2020
I don't know which city that experience flooding. Lagos has a good landscaping, Bayelsa and Abuja. Where as you can't even brag about flooding when Lagos is surrounded by Ocean. River flows while Ocean Encroach.

NwaEnugwuukwu:

Which region in Nigeria that doesn't experience flooding?

The truth is that all the states in this country lacks proper drainage plans.
Re: See What Onitsha Residents Are Facing Now, Governor Obiano W. Please Take Note by NwaEnugwuukwu(m): 8:52pm On May 28, 2020
Fulaniherdmens:
I don't know which city that experience flooding. Lagos has a good landscaping, Bayelsa and Abuja. Where as you can't even brag about flooding when Lagos is surrounded by Ocean. River flows while Ocean Encroach.

If you don't know which city that experience flooding, use Google search or YouTube.

I still maintain that all Nigerian states has very poor drainage systems hence any Nigerian city can experience flooding.

You can do little research on "Drainage Systems in Nigeria".

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Gives Order For War In Enugu This Morning VIDEO / Local Government Chairman Paraded Half Naked By The Nigerian Police! / Oyo Deploys Over 200 Amotekun Operatives To Deal With Fulani Warlord, Iskilu Wak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.