Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt (38632 Views)

Home Schooling The Way To Go: Private Schools Now Charging Exorbitantly / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG / Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Now – Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Heavensent01(m): 4:43pm On May 28, 2020
why won't the govt consider opening school when they know their scamdemic will cost them beyond their control later

Nigeria government are thieves, both the state and the federal are Confidence Arm robber

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by SolarEdge: 4:44pm On May 28, 2020
They will always criticize any move by the government.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Emmasnoop(m): 4:45pm On May 28, 2020
UNA REALLY GET BUHARI BRAIN, NO CORONAVIRUS 4 NIGERIA OH MUMU PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Reference(m): 4:47pm On May 28, 2020
Eulalia:
They keep saying don't open schools. For what exactly? Is it to prevent the children from being exposed? Mind you, other sectors have been opened and the same parents kicking against the reopening of schools expose themselves to crowded markets, offices (especially banks) and still come back home to the same wards they are trying to protect. What sense is there in all that. It only takes one exposed person to infect thousands of contacts if we are to go by the epileptic policy and if this disease is still really that "widespread". Take the case of a father who infected his entire family some months ago. Did the children go to any school?

Please let the educational sector also be opened. Covid 19 has reduced to the bearest minimum and with the right precautionary measures in place, there won't be any rebound of the pandemic.

The teachers are the worst hit of this lockdown with no form of support or relief from the govt. If we all decide to change career and quit teaching for good, then will people understand our importance and the need to put us into consideration first before any other profession.

We are the medium to civilization. Without us, the world future will be bleak and Ignorance will be the order of the day.

Perfectly understand your economic predicament but you have to be careful here. The government is in total liability for all the decisions surrounding Covid 19 so far. If you force their hand and they yield that responsibility to you then you will face serious consequences if those kids get infected enmasse and God forbid there are fatalities associated with any school.

In that case the school will be shutdown completely and for a long time and if that is a private institution may never be opened again and have its promoters subject to endless lawsuits. It is one thing to have adults go down with the virus, it is another level of passion to see innocent kids needlessly suffer or die. One has to be extremely careful. Naturally I don't expect parents of only kids or parents advanced in age or those who went through hurdles to have children to expose them without serious thought.

I have advocated a number of times that the government should not be unilateral in its actions. It should interact with the people preferably through town halls (because the spread and effect of the pandemic is territorial and differs from location to location) to properly state its position, strategies and limitations so that risks and resources are spread as widely as possible, imposing less pressure on society.

The result is that if parents feel the risk is manageable by consensus then schools within that area can open but if they feel the risks are untenable then the schools remain shut till more progress is made. There teachers and school proprietors will express their economic problems ahd seek help and palliatives at that level. We all agree that people should not be punished economically because of their professions and a choice to invest in education.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by silibaba: 4:50pm On May 28, 2020
provided your tuition, handout, feeding just to mention but few, is been paid by your parents, SON you are still a kid. grin
arinzos:
I hate it when these people go de talk as if a University Student na still a child.
They should Open from Tertiary First.

See as we follow children sit down for House grin
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by alphaRego01(m): 4:51pm On May 28, 2020
Who is lagos parents?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by comrChris(m): 4:51pm On May 28, 2020
If we are to go by the figures they keep shunning out, then opening schools now isn't the best option.
Even the so called tertiary institutions don't have enough class rooms to maintain social distancing during lectures.
Lets wait a little for the num to start reducing
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by SaintNegro77: 4:51pm On May 28, 2020
But you allow them go to church/mosque. I laughed at Ur double standard.
ABLESOFT2:
I Dnt Tink Opening Of School Both SEC And UNI Is A Good Idea...
If We Are To Check Doz Public Skul's Dat Do Av Almost 60 student In A Class.
Can We Just Try 2 Imagine If One Of Doz Student Has Dat Sickness(covid-19)..
Dier Knw Way Dey Won't Touch Or Speak To Dat Peson.
Let Just Stay Home 4 Nw..Until We Are Sure We Can Deal With Da Virus.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Jokerman(m): 4:52pm On May 28, 2020
emusmithyy:

You will be a Poor Leader.

Lol.... How come tenants of face me I face you with 100 occupants, have not contracted the virus?

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Sammmypoko(m): 4:52pm On May 28, 2020
Thank you o, the parents are exposed everyday so what's the difference between allowing them resume or not. The government should force each schools to put certain measures in place because if we wait for COVID-19 vaccines which isn't due until 2021 the pupils would have forgotten about school.

Eulalia:
They keep saying don't open schools. For what exactly? Is it to prevent the children from being exposed? Mind you, other sectors have been opened and the same parents kicking against the reopening of schools expose themselves to crowded markets, offices (especially banks) and still come back home to the same wards they are trying to protect. What sense is there in all that. It only takes one exposed person to infect thousands of contacts if we are to go by the epileptic policy and if this disease is still really that "widespread". Take the case of a father who infected his entire family some months ago. Did the children go to any school?

Please let the educational sector also be opened. Covid 19 has reduced to the bearest minimum and with the right precautionary measures in place, there won't be any rebound of the pandemic.

The teachers are the worst hit of this lockdown with no form of support or relief from the govt. If we all decide to change career and quit teaching for good, then will people understand our importance and the need to put us into consideration first before any other profession.

We are the medium to civilization. Without us, the world future will be bleak and Ignorance will be the order of the day.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Reference(m): 4:55pm On May 28, 2020
Jughead29:
Schools must open... those parents that are saying school should not open... check them they are owning last term school fees are not ready to pay. Thieves, selfish and baseless. If you value education you wont be saying all this trash....

Be careful the way you think and talk. When you start seeing kids of 6, 8 10 lined up in coffins your heart will fail you and all the bravado will hide with you in the closet.

Thr truth is that no one knows what will happen if schools are opened today. It is too much of a risk for anyone to call at this time. However the people and government need to start talking to properly understand the risks and share the responsibility and outcome.

If the government makes a bad move and it goes south, the government itself can fall. It is that risky.
Once more, NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO STAND THE SIGHT OF CHILDREN IN COFFINS ENMASSE.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by kcnwaigbo: 4:57pm On May 28, 2020
Eulalia:

what planet ae you writing from? we had almost 400 cases yesterday.

To your second point you mean I should expose my kids to the dangers of covid 19 because teachers llike you need to get paid? are you kidding me? what exactly do kids know about facemasks,social distancing or other safety measures?

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by MajorOvakporaye(f): 4:58pm On May 28, 2020
martineverest:
such a selfish thinking

shut up!!!
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:00pm On May 28, 2020
Reference:

Be careful the way you think and talk. When you start seeing kids of 6, 8 10 lined up in coffins your heart will fail you and all the bravado will hide with you in the closet.

Thr truth is that no one knows what will happen if schools are opened today. It is too much of a risk for anyone to call at this time. However the people and government need to start talking to properly understand the risks and share the responsibility and outcome.

If the government makes a bad move and it goes south, the government itself can fall. It is that risky.
Once more, NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO STAND THE SIGHT OF CHILDREN IN COFFINS ENMASSE.

Will you shut up there!!!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by arinzos(m): 5:00pm On May 28, 2020
silibaba:
provided your tuition, handout, feeding just to mention but few, is been paid by your parents, SON you are still a kid. grin
Chai grin
Still on still na...
I believe Tertiary students can Take care of themselves. Let them see how it goes. Then, Secondary before primary.
If we want to wait Until there's No Case.. hmmm grin

On a second Thought, Why would all these Elites/Politicians allow us to Start while their own children go de House waiting till Flight etal will Resume grin grin

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by fortran12: 5:04pm On May 28, 2020
ABLESOFT2:
How many kids have died of the virus?

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:04pm On May 28, 2020
ChristoBam:

Shut up!! I'm definitely sure you have no kids.

sharaaaaap your mouth fast!!!
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by fortran12: 5:05pm On May 28, 2020
kcnwaigbo:

what planet ae you writing from? we had almost 400 cases yesterday.

To your second point you mean I should expose my kids to the dangers of covid 19 because teachers llike you need to get paid? are you kidding me? what exactly do kids know about facemasks,social distancing or other safety measures?
How many kids have the virus killed?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by omotola224(f): 5:08pm On May 28, 2020
Private schools are immune to the virus, I don't understand your comment
Wiseandtrue:

The private school is good to go!!!

The only problem I see here is the public schools

But with this plan above, it should work!!!
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Saintinoo(m): 5:09pm On May 28, 2020
Jokerman:
Selfish parents.... If they open schools, you can't ask your children to stay home... No be force... Allow other parents
I think FG should open Universities and secondary schools, primary school should remain closed for now.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by zinoad: 5:10pm On May 28, 2020
Jokerman:
Selfish parents.... If they open schools, you can't ask your children to stay home... No be force... Allow other parents

You must be a teacher
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Skmoda(m): 5:11pm On May 28, 2020
ABLESOFT2:
why not just use pidgin instead murdering english in this manner? I know you will come with a long face, i'm expecting it.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Bimpe29: 5:11pm On May 28, 2020
Schools will not remain closed forever nah.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Saintinoo(m): 5:11pm On May 28, 2020
ABLESOFT2:
For your sake, schools should open.
You honestly need education.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by ovoP(m): 5:12pm On May 28, 2020
ABLESOFT2:
Schools, uni to be exact, should be allowed to resume... University classes are not as crowded as we often potray it to be on the internet... It's only entry level classes that are crowded... All these can be worked on, when school resumes ...
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by arthorjnr(m): 5:15pm On May 28, 2020
Mrmourinho:

So u're categorically saying people who have kids won't support reopening of schools, mhen d way some of u people reason forces me to think dat u live in a forest, probably u don't move with people. NEWSFLASH!!! I have three kids, alright? I and their mother supports school reopening, so pls say something else, sending ur children to school after resumption is optional ok? Those of u who are unnecessarily scared should lockdown ur children at home till December, na una Sabi, Coronavirus isn't a death sentence, dats a fact. Obey Government directives, personal hygiene policies and pray to God, dats all, disallowing ur children from going to school doesn't mean they'll be safe from d virus ok? some people didn't go out, still they contracted it, it's unexplainable bro, just do what is right and see d outcome.

Ignorance at its finest.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Saintinoo(m): 5:15pm On May 28, 2020
alsudaes1:

Some people have been going to the market and mingling yet find it difficult to go to work. How long can we keep the country on lockdown should be the question posed to such people because I don't see any hope in sight for a total clearance of the virus from Nigeria
You dey mind Nigerians?
Same people will start asking FG to open schools later, atleast we saw what happened during the lockdown, ame people that were suggesting govt lifts the lockdown where against the easing of same lockdown when govt took the decision to ease the lockdown.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by tbaby4u(f): 5:15pm On May 28, 2020
Jokerman:

I know u must be a teacher. Hungry teachers
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by kunlef1: 5:16pm On May 28, 2020
braveheart77:

So.if there's never a cure for the virus. Schools should never exists again basically? How do you people criticise like this..

Until there is a vaccine or when all infected cases have been isolated, you cannot allow little children back in school. How can children keep to physical distancing rules when they will be touched by several people from entrance gate to their classes and will stay in one place? How will you expect them to wear and keep face mask throughout the day without risk of suffocation? In case of infection, will you be able to isolate the child without the parents being there, which will lead to more congestion? Does the government have logistics to handle this?

My own take is that children who can comply with physical distancing I.e from JS3 to tertiary institutions may be allowed back in school in well spaced classrooms, but not nursery and primary schools in a place with high infection rate like Lagos. Most private schools are already doing online classes and this should continue for now, while government upgrade the public schools to do same. For rural areas, town halls may be used for online classes with adequate spacing under supervision of parents or guardians to avoid contacts with care givers. Many other industries are affected too, not only the teachers, so I think it is selfish for teachers to be clamouring for children's life to be placed risk. Even businesses that are opened are operating at less than half capacity because of curfew and physical distancing rules.

Moreover, this is a time for under-paid private school teachers to upgrade their skills and try to get more students online so that they can even earn higher. This is what they should be clamouring for.
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Sebastine1994(m): 5:16pm On May 28, 2020
take risk
Re: Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:16pm On May 28, 2020
The FG should not open school yet most especially creche, nursery, primary and secondary schools as these people cannot observe the basic rules in preventing the deadly covid19. The government shouldn't play with the future of this nation. No amount of politics or games.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of OAU Swimming Pool And Sports Complex / Secondary Students Hang On Tree In Edo (Pictured) / Tosin Durodola Is 2nd World Best Thesis Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.