Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Our Outdated Education And The Need To Update It. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our Outdated Education And The Need To Update It. (290 Views)

Curriculum In Schools Outdated, Overloaded, Lacks PresentDay Development: UNESCO / Obidients, It's Time To Update Your Status And Profile Pix With.. / Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Outdated Education And The Need To Update It. by udopee(f): 3:14am On May 29, 2020
Looks like the school system is outdated and needs to be updated.
I can vow that this #stay_at_home really had a great impact on the lives of people and families, not just only kids. Because it has opened our eyes to start seeing things in other perspectives.

With the very strict rules placed in many of our school system, (where children are forced to be quite or silent, denied freedom of expression, asked to act like adults and be responsible for what they know nothing about and accept any abuse), I believe in most cases diminishes our children's true gifts, talents and spirits.

Such restrictions most of the time affects their mental health and well-being and also limits their healthy brain development.

Seriously, play is the highest form of research. It provides kids the enabling ground to explore their environment. Kids playing outside in nature more and being creative feels like the human thing to do than being caged inside some kind of rooms like animals.
Our schooling should make us free thinkers where children can engage their minds by being creative.

Of course, the tender minds of kids are sharpen by indulging in creative activities and exploring different spheres of life within their environment. Even children/siblings that didn't used to get along so well, but with only each other for playmates in this #stay_at_home, they are discovering that they can have plenty of fun together and collaborate in many ways.
It is important to let kids be kids. Freedom of expression is a key ingredient in raising healthy, balanced, happy and self-confident kids.

Please, if you find my children playing outside with sand and muds, doing paperworks, drilling water, doing fire drills and cooking assorted dishes or playing their own music and dancing their own dance, "JUST MIND YOUR BUSINESS". THERE IS A SERIOUS RESEARCH IN PROGRESS WHICH WILL PRODUCE DESIRED RESULTS. ��??

#FRESH_DEW
#HEAVENS_DEW

Re: Our Outdated Education And The Need To Update It. by LordIsaac(m): 5:21am On May 29, 2020
I look forward to seeing the research methodology. Most of Nigerian academics currently in vogue now were raised with the system you are about to question. And as you know, the rate of malpractice now in our institutions stem from the fact that our kids prefer "play" to study.
Re: Our Outdated Education And The Need To Update It. by udopee(f): 8:43am On May 29, 2020
LordIsaac:
I look forward to seeing the research methodology. Most of Nigerian academics currently in vogue now were raised with the system you are about to question. And as you know, the rate of malpractice now in our institutions stem from the fact that our kids prefer "play" to study.

This is where most of us got it wrong. We need to know that there is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, then you are finished with education. The whole of life from the moment you are born to the moment you die is a process of learning. What matters is actively engaging the minds of children to be creative and be able to think.

Have you not seen individuals who are literate (educated) but without knowledge and understanding (illiterate). Brainless graduates who are dead to thinking. ���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Outdated Education And The Need To Update It. by LordIsaac(m): 8:58am On May 29, 2020
udopee:

This is where most of us got it wrong. We need to know that there is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, then you are finished with education. The whole of life from the moment you are born to the moment you die is a process of learning. What matters is actively engaging the minds of children to be creative and be able to think.

Have you not seen individuals who are literate (educated) but without knowledge and understanding (illiterate). Brainless graduates who are dead to thinking. ���
I'm sure your level of education today is predicted upon the fact that someone forced you to reduce play and focus on things that would make you stand on both your feet in future. My dear, I shall remain grateful for the way I was raised with discipline. This is why China is excelling today because their culture is one that puts less emphasis on play for the child.
Re: Our Outdated Education And The Need To Update It. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:00am On May 29, 2020
udopee:

So much sense in this comment.
Re: Our Outdated Education And The Need To Update It. by udopee(f): 12:20pm On May 29, 2020
LordIsaac:

I'm sure your level of education today is predicted upon the fact that someone forced you to reduce play and focus on things that would make you stand on both your feet in future. My dear, I shall remain grateful for the way I was raised with discipline. This is why China is excelling today because their culture is one that puts less emphasis on play for the child.

The same China you acknowledged, inspite of their acclaimed education, qualifications and experience, they are confused on how to cure the pandemic rampaging the whole world. The same China people that eats animals raw without cooking and other weird lifestyle.

I don't know where you are coming from but I believe human brain function at a good capacity when allowed to take up initiatives and be creative unless it's animals which needs to be on check so as not to cause nuisance.
Re: Our Outdated Education And The Need To Update It. by LordIsaac(m): 12:27pm On May 29, 2020
udopee:

The same China you acknowledged, inspite of their acclaimed education, qualifications and experience, they are confused on how to cure the pandemic rampaging the whole world. The same China people that eats animals raw without cooking and other weird lifestyle.

I don't know where you are coming from but I believe human brain function at a good capacity when allowed to take up initiatives and be creative unless it's animals which needs to be on check so as not to cause nuisance.
There's more to innovation than corona virus cure. China has been able to contain it through discipline. Take that for a fact.

(1) (Reply)

Royal Institute Of Health Technology Students Union Tackles NAOSS / Gurus In The House Correct This sentence / Part Time Online Jobs For Teachers And Admin. Deadline Is 15th Of August, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.