Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! (2087 Views)

"You Can't Be A Christian And A Feminist" - Nigerian Man On Twitter / I'm In Big Mess, Please Advice Me On What To Do / I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by Chemist009(m): 9:35am On May 30, 2020
eyinjuege:
What do you mean by easily irritated?
Kindly give examples and let's see what we have to work with
As in very delicate and over principled.... E.g Everywhere in the house must not have single dirt, room must be perfectly arranged, picks offense if you don't follow what he says etc ...

1 Like

Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by aliyumd: 9:55am On May 30, 2020
It will end I tears, premium tears for that matter.

1 Like

Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by Chemist009(m): 10:10am On May 30, 2020
aliyumd:
Hmmmm
Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by eyinjuege: 10:13am On May 30, 2020
Chemist009:

As in very delicate and over principled.... E.g Everywhere in the house must not have single dirt, room must be perfectly arranged, picks offense if you don't follow what he says etc ...

Such people are very difficult to live with.
They may make you want to commit suicide at the end of the day.
She needs to find out why he got divorced the first time. Was it because of this his 'perfectionist, always right ways?'
He's like 20 years older than her, with 2 children she would be expected to look after. Is she ready for that responsibility?
They are incompatible in age, religion, and even their ways. I think she is too young to get shackled with all that.
But it ultimately lies with her. If she believes she can live with him, then she can give it a go

1 Like

Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by Chemist009(m): 10:51am On May 30, 2020
eyinjuege:

Such people are very difficult to live with.
They may make you want to commit suicide at the end of the day.
She needs to find out why he got divorced the first time. Was it because of this his 'perfectionist, always right ways?'
He's like 20 years older than her, with 2 children she would be expected to look after. Is she ready for that responsibility?
They are incompatible in age, religion, and even their ways. I think she is too young to get shackled with all that.
But it ultimately lies with her. If she believes she can live with him, then she can give it a go
Well said ....
Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by farady(m): 11:00am On May 30, 2020
They should abort the mission, cause it will end in tears for her. The signs are staring at you ; A 45 years old divorcee, perfectionist and a Christian man, wedding a 24 year told Muslim. Haba! Everything is wrong with this pair.

1 Like

Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by SecretSpy666: 11:57am On May 30, 2020
aliyumd:

[color=][/color] grin grin grin you are so sarcastic.
I'm a Christian but I don't encourage this type of marriage. This girl will be used like a house maid taking care of the man and his two children and give birth to more children. Please quit the relationship. This man is hiding something from the first. It will end in premium tears
Never marry any Christian that his estranged wife is still alive. You will regret it later

2 Likes

Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by engineoil: 1:40pm On May 30, 2020
I am more amused at the discouragement from people based on the fact that the guy is a perfectionist. In reality, perfectionism has levels and also the degree of awareness of the perfectionist also matters.

There are perfectionists whose level of awareness makes them extremely tolerant of others.

In fact, what makes perfectionsm debilitating is the inabilty of the perfectionst to do well in life because they seek perfect situations, environments, or conditions to act. And this could create setbacks/ slow progress for them in life. If he is doing well in life, it means he has his perfectionsm under control.

Come to think of it, there are perks associated with perfectionism too; perfectionists are OFTEN LOYAL, they Keep promises, they are neat, and if they have the resources, they value the family and seek the best for the family cos they strive for a perfect family. However, fear usually creeps in for their partner: they fear being rejected, or being seen as not 'good enough' cos perfectionists exude that mien when they are around people. If you can uphold your basic hygiene qualities, and be accountable in your dealings with them, then you would enjoy your relationship with an ENLIGHTENED perfectionist.

Another issue raised is Age. Age, no matter the gap, is just a number, a 24 yr old lady might exhibit the smartness and maturity of a 40yr old person and someone in their 40s might still be acting childish; Celine Dion, Joke Silva, Macron of France, etc married people 20yrs older than them...and their relationships are a reference point.

Of the issues highlighted, i think religion is the most controversial. A family is supposed to be ONE in everything. Anything that threatens that ONEess is to be dealt with ASAP. Religious diversity often creates division, even among the children, later in life. So, if there's a reason i think you should THINK WELL over this relationship, it is religion...except one of you is genuinely indifferent about it!
Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by Chemist009(m): 3:41pm On May 30, 2020
engineoil:
I am more amused at the discouragement from people based on the fact that the guy is a perfectionist. In reality, perfectionism has levels and also the degree of awareness of the perfectionist also matters.

There are perfectionists whose level of awareness makes them extremely tolerant of others.

In fact, what makes perfectionsm debilitating is the inabilty of the perfectionst to do well in life because they seek perfect situations, environments, or conditions to act. And this could create setbacks/ slow progress for them in life. If he is doing well in life, it means he has his perfectionsm under control.

Come to think of it, there are perks associated with perfectionism too; perfectionists are OFTEN LOYAL, they Keep promises, they are neat, and if they have the resources, they value the family and seek the best for the family cos they strive for a perfect family. However, fear usually creeps in for their partner: they fear being rejected, or being seen as not 'good enough' cos perfectionists exude that mien when they are around people. If you can uphold your basic hygiene qualities, and be accountable in your dealings with them, then you would enjoy your relationship with an ENLIGHTENED perfectionist.

Another issue raised is Age. Age, no matter the gap, is just a number, a 24 yr old lady might exhibit the smartness and maturity of a 40yr old person and someone in their 40s might still be acting childish; Celine Dion, Joke Silva, Macron of France, etc married people 20yrs older than them...and their relationships are a reference point.

Of the issues highlighted, i think religion is the most controversial. A family is supposed to be ONE in everything. Anything that threatens that ONEess is to be dealt with ASAP. Religious diversity often creates division, even among the children, later in life. So, if there's a reason i think you should THINK WELL over this relationship, it is religion...except one of you is genuinely indifferent about it!

Religion wise, he is a very devout Christian...
Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by ibkayee(f): 3:51pm On May 30, 2020
crazygod:
Run away from a 45 year old perfectionist except you are 'perfectly' patient o tongue
Lool!
Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by ibkayee(f): 3:56pm On May 30, 2020
doitforyou:

Doesn’t that make you a hypocrite? You wouldn’t advise your sister to marry a divorcee whose wife is still alive but you’re gung ho about a man that married TWO women while his exes are still alive and also cheated on them all.

The ‘religious’ right have ceded any moral ground with their support of Trump.
The 'religious' people who support Trump solely because his administration 'identify' as Christian are especially dangerous and...stupid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:57pm On May 30, 2020
He is too old for her and should consider himself lucky that she accepted his proposal. While she should be glad that she will be married by a Christian. I bet no Moslemmm man can treat her better than the Christian brother. lipsrsealed
Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by merieam16(f): 5:13pm On May 30, 2020
ednut1:
Premium tears
una don start. it will end in tears geng

1 Like

Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by Acidosis(m): 7:45pm On May 30, 2020
You should be in school or something. Not trying to take care of another woman's kids who probably ran away from the 45 year old perfectionist.

1 Like

Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by Kentursky(m): 9:49pm On May 30, 2020
All these ones advising her not to marry him, will u marry her?
Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by xcabczyxabczzzz: 9:53pm On May 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

You just rant on wat you don't know!

you are clearly stupid and a hypocrite.
Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by Queenserah26(f): 11:22pm On May 30, 2020
My ogas at the top have well spoken. The coast doesn't seem clear!
Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by Chemist009(m): 11:44am On May 31, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
He is too old for her and should consider himself lucky that she accepted his proposal. While she should be glad that she will be married by a Christian. I bet no Moslemmm man can treat her better than the Christian brother. lipsrsealed
Opinions from religious fanatics like you isn't welcome biko
Re: I Am 24, Muslim And Yoruba.. He's 45, Christian And From Kaduna. Please Advice! by Saintmary(f): 1:09pm On May 31, 2020
Let her date him for while longer and see if she can cope. Much as I hate time wasters, I don't think she should rush too fast.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Parents Are Not Happy With My Daughter Mother / Are Working Women Bad Mothers? / How To Co Sleep Safely With Your Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.