Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household - Technology Market (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household (33543 Views)

Tecno Pop 2 Power For Sale 15k / 24/7 Solar Power For Your Office And Home With Payment Plan / Please Help, I Want To Buy Mtn Lumos Solar Power(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by idk2023: 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am so moved by the solidarity and camaraderie on this thread. After reading through this ENTIRE and other DIY solar threads, I identified common problems and questions. Many people either have questions on system sizing (what size solar system they need) and/ or what/ where they can find good quality, reliable equipment (whether importing directing from China or sourcing locally from Nigeria).

I have noticed that some people share their system sizing and where to find their equipment, but it can be quite intense reading through this entire thread to find an answer (it took me weeks to do so).

So, I will be starting an easy to follow guide that automatically calculates the size of solar system you need (this is called system sizing) and direct people to equipment they can purchase based on their budget and location. Later on, I will allow people who purchased the equipment to give updates/ opinions on the equipment (providing more information to other Nigerians trying to DIY their solar system).

If this is of interest to you, please PM or input your email via the link below! I would love to get people’s feedback on initial drafts or other ideas they have for this guide, so I can continue to improve upon it and it can serve as a great resource to others. It would be great to dispel the notion that building a solar system yourself is too hard or complicated.

As we all know with the right information, anyone can do it.

Input your email here: https://forms.gle/uMGBbJMLTLpRSXRa8

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by alfaHaywhy(m): 12:08pm On May 07, 2023
Hello good day boss. It's nice going through this thread. It's been illuminating.(pun not intended grin)

Its been on my mind to add solar energy to reduce my Nepa bill. So I'm a student, major appliances include a Phone charger, laptop charger, fan. Additional includes TV and a pS4. What kind of setup can I budget for.

*The TV and PS4 is not of utmost importance... Just something to enough to charge my gadgets and collect fan, the heat for Akure no be for play 😁.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 5:34am On May 13, 2023
alfaHaywhy:
Hello good day boss. It's nice going through this thread. It's been illuminating.(pun not intended grin)

Its been on my mind to add solar energy to reduce my Nepa bill. So I'm a student, major appliances include a Phone charger, laptop charger, fan. Additional includes TV and a pS4. What kind of setup can I budget for.

*The TV and PS4 is not of utmost importance... Just something to enough to charge my gadgets and collect fan, the heat for Akure no be for play 😁.

Thanks.
12v 100ah battery (75 - 85k)
250w solar panel (55k - 65)
1ka satchet inverter ( 20k)
30A scc (7k for the cheap own or you can buy the 14k own(this displays how much amps the panel produces)
would serve you .
wire dc and ac
breakers
workmanship for who will do the job.

this should cost roughly 250k.
goodluck boss
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by tecnolad(m): 4:10pm On May 13, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

12v 100ah battery (75 - 85k)
250w solar panel (55k - 65)
1ka satchet inverter ( 20k)
30A scc (7k for the cheap own or you can buy the 14k own(this displays how much amps the panel produces)
would serve you .
wire dc and ac
breakers
workmanship for who will do the job.

this should cost roughly 250k.
goodluck boss

Thanks for this input. How long do you think this will last for, on a full charge?
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 1:58am On May 14, 2023
tecnolad:

Thanks for this input. How long do you think this will last for, on a full charge?

Depends on your load. On 100w load, roughly 5hr 50mins
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by ican2020: 5:25am On May 22, 2023
I need your help in resolving this

I have 2 solar panel on top of the roof and this image

And I am planning to move into my house this week and I want you guys to help out my advising me on how to upgrade the system to meet my requirements

There are already two ceiling fans in the house and I will be adding my other 2 standing fans making it four fans
One fridge that is almost 5ft high, TV 43 inches, two laptops, PS4 gaming console and I intend adding a desktop computer later

What do I need to get in other to have light 24/7

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2023
ican2020:

And I am planning to move into my house this week and I want you guys to help out my advising me on how to upgrade the system to meet my requirements

There are already two ceiling fans in the house and I will be adding my other 2 standing fans making it four fans
One fridge that is almost 5ft high, TV 43 inches, two laptops, PS4 gaming console and I intend adding a desktop computer later

It would be easier if you provide the watt of the appliances you are using
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by matoseyems(m): 9:37am On May 24, 2023
Good day to the bosses here,

I have read an learnt from this great thread.

I want to join the solar team

My appliance is just

1. Led TV
2. Dstv decoder
3. 3 led bulbs
4. 2 Charger

I intend starting with one tubular battery

PLZ I NEED UR ADVICE, RECOMMENDATIONS AND HELP to achieve this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by matoseyems(m): 9:39am On May 24, 2023
BRO how many hours does this last for you after back up

ican2020:

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by olaboyeh(m): 8:48pm On May 24, 2023
good evening all.
pls i need a breakdown solution for something that can power my 2 bed apartment... for atleast the whole day... and will charge via PHCN too... atleast a sure 18 - 24hrs power...

appliances will be one 50 inches TV, bulbs.. let's say 10... then fans three.... if possible one fridge too...

please help
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:23pm On May 25, 2023
matoseyems:

My appliance is just

1. Led TV
2. Dstv decoder
3. 3 led bulbs
4. 2 Charger

How many inches tv.

This will give us a rough overview of the wattage
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:32pm On May 25, 2023
matoseyems:

My appliance is just

1. Led TV
2. Dstv decoder
3. 3 led bulbs
4. 2 Charger

If you are using 32" TV down,
100ah battery 12v (75k -85k)
250W solar panel (65k warri price)
30A controller (low quality 8k, high 14500)
1000w inverter (depending on your budget go for pure sine wave is around 70k. But if your low on cash, buy sachet inverter is around 15k)

Please prices vary depending on your location.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by matoseyems(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

1000w inverter (depending on your budget go for pure sine wave is around 70k. But if your low on cash, buy sachet inverter is around 15k)

Thanks boss, like how many hours will that last and the solar panel is how many sir, I for like msg u for whatsapp sir. 0
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:35am On May 26, 2023
matoseyems:

Thanks boss, like how many hours will that last and the solar panel is how many sir, I for like msg u for whatsapp sir. 07039996821
The solar panel is 1
You should have a back up of 5hrs30mins roughly on 100watt load.
The good thing Is your load is around that range.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by tpben: 11:26am On May 29, 2023
@Obnoxious2001

I need a cost estimation for these loads.

32' TV,
1 dstv decoder,
6 bulbs,
Charging of phones and (maybe upto 10 or more),
1 laptop

Thank you boss in anticipation
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by luvlyoracle(m): 11:31am On May 29, 2023
matoseyems:

My appliance is just

1. Led TV
2. Dstv decoder
3. 3 led bulbs
4. 2 Charger

Inverter is up for sale

Reason for sale:: Relocation

Specs::

Soccer power transformer-based 1.5kva Pure sine wave inverter with inbuilt charger. 24v 55ahlithium battery.

Can carry a rechargeable fan of 25w and 10w AKT bulb and laptop for at least 12hrs nonstop.
The price is 220k.
A little bit negotiable.
The location is Warri Delta state

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:12am On May 30, 2023
tpben:
@Obnoxious2001

I need a cost estimation for these loads.

32' TV,
1 dstv decoder,
6 bulbs,
1 laptop

Thank you boss in anticipation

You can use this same quotation.

However if you need more backup, you can increase your battery to 200A and 250w solar panel or 300w * 2.

It should serve you.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:18am On May 30, 2023
Considering the current price of fuel, I will encourage everyone to try and go solar no matter how small.

I know it's not easy but yeah but petrol at 450/litre(this is the price in warri as of yesterday) isn't easy either.

If you decide to start small, Get the solar panels first then later you can acquire every other materials need.

Always have in mind the farmers will make more money and your lunch would no longer be imported.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by matoseyems(m): 7:25am On May 30, 2023
Obnoxious2001:
Considering the current price of fuel, I will encourage everyone to try and go solar no matter how small.

I know it's not easy but yeah but petrol at 450/litre(this is the price in warri as of yesterday) isn't easy either.

If you decide to start small, Get the solar panels first then later you can acquire every other materials need.

Always have in mind the farmers will make more money and your lunch would no longer be imported.

Thank for the words of encouragement boss

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by matoseyems(m): 7:26am On May 30, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

However if you need more backup, you can increase your battery to 200A and 250w solar panel or 300w * 2.

It should serve you.

The battery is lower than my requirements, onless u will sell the inverter alone for me
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:17am On May 31, 2023
matoseyems:

The battery is lower than my requirements, onless u will sell the inverter alone for me

You are not tagging the right message grin.

The battery lulvyoracles intends to sell us a 24v battery 55ah lithium.

So the inverter is a 24v system as well.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:00pm On May 31, 2023
Am curious, when considering going solar, what was the budget you had in mind.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Fapemz: 10:52pm On May 31, 2023
Now that petroleum scarcity and subsidy removal looms. We remain your able and willing companion and renew our vow that as long as the sun shines, we will continue to bring solutions to your power challenges. Don't hesitate to recommend us to friends and family for portable lithium iron phosphate (LFP) Battery and inverter and Laptop powerbank! we are reachable via 08065.3.16.307

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:54am On Jun 02, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

It should serve you.
what can this power
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:12am On Jun 02, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
what can this power
32' TV,
1 dstv decoder,
6 bulbs,
1 laptop

Back up Depends on the load that is been powered
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by luvlyoracle(m): 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
luvlyoracle:
Inverter is up for sale

Reason for sale:: Relocation

Specs::

Soccer power transformer-based 1.5kva Pure sine wave inverter with inbuilt charger. 24v 55ahlithium battery.

Can carry a rechargeable fan of 25w and 10w AKT bulb and laptop for at least 12hrs nonstop.
The price is 220k.
A little bit negotiable.
The location is Warri Delta state

Still available
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by 30card(m): 10:29am On Jun 04, 2023
How much will it cost to set-up 2kw of solar system?
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by 30card(m): 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

You are not tagging the right message grin.

The battery lulvyoracles intends to sell us a 24v battery 55ah lithium.

So the inverter is a 24v system as well.
what should I budget for 2kva solar system?
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2023
30card:

what should I budget for 2kva solar system?
Depending on The back up you need.
2 pcs battery, inverter, charge controller, solar panel *6 (250w or 300w), wires eyc
1.2m -1.5m
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by HelpeeDeck(m): 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
Am into Supply and Sell of Luminous, Genus, Kester Inverters Spare Parts and Distilled water for your Tubular Batteries in Large quantities. Am Partnering with inverters Engineers and Electronics Distributors of Spare parts and dealers of Distilled waters, in other to Supply to them Genus, Luminous and Kester Inverter Spare Parts. My Spare parts includes inverter Panel Boards, DSP Cards, ICs, Transformers, all are new parts. I also deliver Distilled or DM Water at a very cheap rate of 125naira per litter and if you are buying from me in big quantities from 300litters upward i will give you 100naira per litter, I can supply over 2000litters of Distilled water at your door step..To the engineers here, be rest assured that i will supply this inverter parts at a very cheap company prices, not marketers' prices...Note pls, I only deal on Luminous, Genius and Kester Products...Feel free to contact me on whatsap 08032059244 for the placement of your orders and further discussion

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by mommaJ(f): 11:17am On Jun 07, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

32' TV,
1 dstv decoder,
6 bulbs,
1 laptop

Back up Depends on the load that is been powered
You have been quite helpful on this thread. I am sending you an email right away. Please respond.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by feelme3(m): 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
God bless you for your tireless meaningful inputs to this thread.
Please can you help with a list of what will build 5kva system? Thank you.

Obnoxious2001:

Depending on The back up you need.
2 pcs battery, inverter, charge controller, solar panel *6 (250w or 300w), wires eyc
1.2m -1.5m

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Import Cheapest OCTA CORE & QUAD CORE Phones/Tablets and anything frm China etc / Visafone Blackberry Bold 5 - N16,000. Unlimited Data, Wifi Hotspot. / Cheapest Data Plans (1gb @ N250) MTN,9MOBILE,AIRTEL,GLO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.