Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household - Technology Market (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household (32823 Views)

Tecno Pop 2 Power For Sale 15k / 24/7 Solar Power For Your Office And Home With Payment Plan / Please Help, I Want To Buy Mtn Lumos Solar Power(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 11:36am On Jun 27, 2023
Jenny008:
Looking to buy solar panels, 400W, like 10 -12 units. Which manufacturer would you recommend?

If you need new Onces go for jinko.
They have authorized Distributor in Lagos, Abuja am sure of this states.

If you need fairly used I can't call any brand....

But as much as possible avoid Chinese panels (their wires tend to wither away and fail)

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by luvlyoracle(m): 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
Items for sale

Soccerpower PSW Inverter alone Available. 55k (1.5KVA 24V)

2. Jigsaw(800w)- 30k

3. Angle grinder/Filling machine(1010w) 25k

7. 16pcs dinner set - Give a reasonable offer

8. Two-Layer Dish Rack - Give a reasonable offer

And others
These are the tangible ones

All tools are Total products and were sparingly used and almost in mint condition.

Location is Warri

DM for negotiations and pictures.

Very little room for negotiations
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

I don't sell for now.

I can recommend where you can get the items
I'm currently in mowe Ogun state, where can I get the item, this Tinubu administration is on currently buhari promax, except person wan face hell na him he go try outside now
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:34am On Jun 28, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
I'm currently in mowe Ogun state, where can I get the item, this Tinubu administration is on currently buhari promax, except person wan face hell na him he go try outside now
I dont know any seller or shop in Ogun state.
Your best bet is to source these items in Lagos state and send it to your location or alternatively you can hire the service of an installer.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by aghaibiam(f): 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2023
Off I went to the Market today to see if we would be able to arrange an inverter for the house.
I only told my husband, whatever we settle for must be able to carry our freezer.
My husband is an electrical engineer so he designed the power requirements of the house so we have an idea of what we were searching for.
Budget 1.3m tops.
We settled for a store we saw on Jiji with reasonable price, called to find out if the store was open since it's sallah and located the store.
We were able to get the following.
4kva/48v microtec inverter ₦290,000
4 nos 220ah/12v lotion battery @₦160,000 each making ₦640,000
6 250w Canadian fairly used panels @₦58,000 each making ₦348,000
1 60S mppt charge controller Felicity ₦115,000
Battery rack ₦20,000
20m 6mm DC cable 40,000
Total spent ₦1,453,000.
Transport 14,000 to my house .
Tomorrow the installer will be around to start installation.
We negotiated 50,000 workmanship.
He will come with panel sittings and screws
.I intend to use the inverter on 15 energy saving bulbs.
1 50" tv.
Phone charging.
4 ports.
My 200l freezer inverter freezer/ medium fridge.

8 Likes

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2023
aghaibiam:
Off I went to the Market today to see if we would be able to arrange an inverter for the house.
I only told my husband, whatever we settle for must be able to carry our freezer.
My husband is an electrical engineer so he designed the power requirements of the house so we have an idea of what we were searching for.
Budget 1.3m tops.
We settled for a store we saw on Jiji with reasonable price, called to find out if the store was open since it's sallah and located the store.
Battery rack ₦20,000
20m 6mm DC cable 40,000
Total spent ₦1,453,000.
1 50" tv.
Phone charging.
4 ports.

Nice smiley.
The system Sizing is okay for a start.
Consider adding surge protective device (SPD) and circuit breaker in case of short circuit or unforeseen mishaps

Kudos.

Go solar live better.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Juror: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
aghaibiam:
Budget 1.3m tops.
Battery rack ₦20,000
20m 6mm DC cable 40,000
Total spent ₦1,453,000.
1 50" tv.
Phone charging.
4 ports.
The panels aren't sufficient to charge the batteries, except you'll be majorly charging the batteries with the grid, those batteries may fail sooner.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Malquisoft(m): 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2023
aghaibiam:
Budget 1.3m tops.
Battery rack ₦20,000
20m 6mm DC cable 40,000
Total spent ₦1,453,000.
1 50" tv.
Phone charging.
4 ports.

Panel is not enough for the battery/system. Standard installation should be nothing less than 8* 300watts solar panel. The fairly used u used, may not even give out it's name plate capacity.
Try make it up, before you battery suffer premature failure.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by atinga1: 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

I don't know how much back up you need (how long you want it to last) but this is what you basically need

1. 5kva inverter (300k-350k)
2. Battery 12v 200A 4pcs ( quanta = 200k, starplus tubular = 145k, genus tubular=180k this are lagos prices location and logistics will make it vary)
3. Solar panel 250w * 9 ( if you are on a low budget don't go less than this. 12pcs will be succulent )
4. Charge controller MPPT 80A 130k -150k (Depends on product)
5. Mounting accessories 17k
6. Battery Rack 20k
7. Wire 2k- 2.3kyrd
8. Change over, breakers etc 10-12k
9. AC wire
10. Thunder surge (15-22k)

This is basically what you will be needing.

Chairman, I need something for 5pcs of 10w bulb, fan and TV only. Can you please list what I need to buy or my budget? I'll be grateful If I can get an answer from you. I stay in Lagos.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by aghaibiam(f): 8:11pm On Jun 29, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Nice smiley.
Consider adding surge protective device (SPD) and circuit breaker in case of short circuit or unforeseen mishaps

Kudos.
Thank you.
It's not easy raising the money for the project.I am thankful we even executed up to this point.
When we get more funds we will get more panels.I will raise the issue of SPD with my husband and see if it's something we can squeeze in.

Go solar live better.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
[quote author=aghaibiam post=124113009][/quote]
Please what kind of fan and what type of TV(how many inches tv).

Good evening.

Sorry I didn't quite the right message
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
atinga1:

Chairman, I need something for 5pcs of 10w bulb, fan and TV only. Can you please list what I need to buy or my budget? I'll be grateful If I can get an answer from you. I stay in Lagos.

Please provide the size/type of TV (how many inches).

For the fan I would assume you're using ceiling fan gaint 60"
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 11:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
atinga1:

A budget of 600k is very ideal.
200ah battery quanta (210k)
250W solar panel *3 (50-55k)
1kva puresine wave inverter (65-75k)
Breakers,change over and accessories (20k)
Wires (10mm2 is 3000/yrd (warri here is 3k not sure how much it is in Lagos)
Solar charge controller pwm (60a 25k-30k)

But if you want something functional and want to cut cost,

You can go for Starplus tubular (used to be 140k -150k range)

Get modified sine wave inverter satchect inverter (20k you can place order on konga and get it) problem you might face with this inverter is that your fan will humm(it creates distortion in Inductive load)

Solar panel remain 250w *3

Charge controller the same pwm 60A 25-30k (if you have the means opt in for mppt 60A 56k) there are verified sellers on this forum you can get from them

This would cost you roughly 450k -470k.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by aghaibiam(f): 8:42am On Jun 30, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Nice smiley.

Kudos.

I just looked and saw that the installer has put a circuit breaker AB just below the Distribution board of the house.
They started installation yesterday evening and didn't finish.They slept over and have started working again.

Go solar live better.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:16am On Jun 30, 2023
[quote author=aghaibiam post=124119629][/quote]

Nice.
He probably would/may mention the SPD.

Enjoy uninterrupted power supply 🤗
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by cleantitleautos: 9:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
Please which is better 5kva/24v or 5kva/48v? What are the pros and cons of each. I understand the 24v uses two batteries a time while 48v requires 4 batteries per time
Obnoxious2001:

1kva system at least
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2023
cleantitleautos:
Please which is better 5kva/24v or 5kva/48v? What are the pros and cons of each. I understand the 24v uses two batteries a time while 48v requires 4 batteries per time

I usually prefer 48v 5kva.. .
Merit
1. The higher the voltage you operate your inverter on, the lesser amount of current you draw from the battery.
2. Ease of operation, most heavy duty systems runs on higher voltage because of the above condition I mentioned
3. Your batteries don't over work themselves

Con
1. you tend to spend more money getting more batteries, and solar panels

5kva 24v
Merit
Less battery (2pcs), less panel

Demerit
1. Much current is drawn from your battery, this might affect your battery cycle life

This is basically the major difference

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by michaelok(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2023
I want to also combine IBEDC with Solar, but I am already scared of the cost, cos I don't have the total cash at hand. Kindly assist with the best cost analysis

1 55" TV
1 Industrial 26" standing fan
1 Gotv and Hometheater
1 Freezer (I would have to alternate with the standing fridge)
1 6kg Nexus Washing Machine
6 energy saving bulbs
Few charging ports for phone.

Every other things stays off.

Cost please and any monthly payment option.
0912 373 7617, Ibadan. Rented Apartment
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by forsaleitem: 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

I usually prefer 48v 5kva.. .
Merit
1. The higher the voltage you operate your inverter on, the lesser amount of current you draw from the battery.
2. Ease of operation, most heavy duty systems runs on higher voltage because of the above condition I mentioned
3. Your batteries don't over work themselves

Con
1. you tend to spend more money getting more batteries, and solar panels

5kva 24v
Merit
Less battery (2pcs), less panel

Demerit
1. Much current is drawn from your battery, this might affect your battery cycle life

This is basically the major difference

Thanks so much for wonderful job you are doing here

For 100w load, please can someone use single 350w or 400w panel to charge 100ah battery to make the charging more faster?

Also, between tubular battery and lithium battery, which one do you suggest?

Thanks
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by atinga1: 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Please provide the size/type of TV (how many inches).

For the fan I would assume you're using ceiling fan gaint 60"
Thank you, you've done more than enough. My budget was 400k, but I've decided to buy them little by little until I get all.
I'll start with the battery and then others will follow.
Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2023
michaelok:
I want to also combine IBEDC with Solar, but I am already scared of the cost, cos I don't have the total cash at hand. Kindly assist with the best cost analysis

1 55" TV
1 Industrial 26" standing fan
1 Gotv and Hometheater
1 Freezer (I would have to alternate with the standing fridge)
1 6kg Nexus Washing Machine
6 energy saving bulbs
Few charging ports for phone.

Every other things stays off.

Cost please and any monthly payment option.
0912 373 7617, Ibadan. Rented Apartment

A 5kva would be ideal for the load you mentioned here.

Your budget would be around 3m+
Batteries will cost almost 1m
Panel 9pcs would cost around 550k+
Inverter would cost 250k+
Wire,battery Rack etc may cost around 200k

For the installmental payment, there are companies that offer thst but I have no experience with them so I can't recommend any. You are better off getting the items gradually and setting them up.

I will advise you get solar panels first, they are quite cheaper compared to batteries And the are the life line of the system.

I hope you find a way around it.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
forsaleitem:

Thanks so much for wonderful job you are doing here

For 100w load, please can someone use single 350w or 400w panel to charge 100ah battery to make the charging more faster?

Also, between tubular battery and lithium battery, which one do you suggest?

Thanks

Yes it's very ideal.

If you are starting out on this solar system journey, oversizing your panel has massive advantage.
1. Your batteries charge faster
2. You run your load on the energy from your panel.
3. Battery life is improved.

The 350w panel can provide sufficient power to run the 100w load in the day time.

Lithium battery is the best in the market, but na money kill am. .

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2023
atinga1:

Thank you, you've done more than enough. My budget was 400k, but I've decided to buy them little by little until I get all.
I'll start with the battery and then others will follow.
Thank you once again.

Start with the solar panels/controller- >inverter- >battery.
You can get them installed while you wait for means to improve the system to standard.

You might be wondering why I arranged then this way, battery is almost everywhere (if you want to go very cheap, you can opt in for vehicle batteries) only defect is this batteries are not designed for deep discharge and there lifespan is around a year.

Your welcome.

Your welcome.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
Welcome to the 2nd quarter of the year.

Success in our endeavours!

Happy New Month

3 Likes

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by keeper303: 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

If you need new Onces go for jinko.
They have authorized Distributor in Lagos, Abuja am sure of this states.

If you need fairly used I can't call any brand....

But as much as possible avoid Chinese panels (their wires tend to wither away and fail)

Please I am in Abuja, which reputable shop can I buy new Jinko solar panels (545w). I am scared of sourcing from Lagos to avoid logistic damage to the panel.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
keeper303:

Please I am in Abuja, which reputable shop can I buy new Jinko solar panels (545w). I am scared of sourcing from Lagos to avoid logistic damage to the panel.

I don't have contact now.
I can help you ask around.

As for the Logistics damage, if they are well packed, they will hardly get damaged.

You can inform your supplier about your concerns and they will attend to them
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Start with the solar panels/controller- >inverter- >battery.
You can get them installed while you wait for means to improve the system to standard.

You might be wondering why I arranged then this way, battery is almost everywhere (if you want to go very cheap, you can opt in for vehicle batteries) only defect is this batteries are not designed for deep discharge and there lifespan is around a year.

Your welcome.

Your welcome.
damn angry you meant , I can use light with solar panel, controller and inverter then I get the battery later., Maybe 300k budget can sort that out..
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 11:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
damn angry you meant , I can use light with solar panel, controller and inverter then I get the battery later., Maybe 300k budget can sort that out..

Yes you can.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:44am On Jul 04, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Yes you can.
the truth is I need one for my business, a watts total 800 to 1000, not to sleep at night, most between 10 am to 8 pm, does inverter store light too as I believe before that nothing work without battery, we are suffering for electricity challenge in ogun state except in area where they deliver prepaid meter.. I could go for 2000 watts inverter if they can work without the battery and how many panels with be good for that please with charger controller and type of inverter, I don't want to make mistakes, i have sunking home 600 with fan at home to sleep already,just something for my business as I have stop running business since fuel price increase,na sleep and spending the save up reserve..
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:00am On Jul 04, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
the truth is I need one for my business, a watts total 800 to 1000, not to sleep at night, most between 10 am to 8 pm, does inverter store light too as I believe before that nothing work without battery, we are suffering for electricity challenge in ogun state except in area where they deliver prepaid meter.. I could go for 2000 watts inverter if they can work without the battery and how many panels with be good for that please with charger controller and type of inverter, I don't want to make mistakes, i have sunking home 600 with fan at home to sleep already,just something for my business as I have stop running business since fuel price increase,na sleep and spending the save up reserve..

There are inverters that operate on direct DC from solar panel but they are expensive and require a large array of solar panel to function properly (150v upward, with current ranging from 7A upwards) I currently have one available in warri though am yet to test them.

For your shop, you are better off getting more solar panels since most of the usage will be in the day time.

Besides panel are more cheaper compared to batteries.
Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:03am On Jul 04, 2023
b0rn2fuck:

There are inverters that operate on direct DC from solar panel but they are expensive and require a large array of solar panel to function properly (150v upward, with current ranging from 7A upwards) they are called grid-tie inverters

For your shop, you are better off getting more solar panels since most of the usage will be in the day time.

Besides panel are more cheaper compared to batteries.

Below is a picture of how a grid tie inverter looks like.

Re: Solar Power For An Average Middle Class Household by dhruvkumar: 10:35am On Jul 04, 2023
Rehousing Packers and Movers provide the best Local Shifting charges in Delhi the material they use is so good that makes your vehicle damage free during transportation the delivery is always on time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Inverter Out There / New 2GB, 320GB, Samsung Mini Laptop With Bluetooth, Webcam / Grade1 Cheap and Super Neat Corei3, Corei5 ,Corei7 and Corei9 Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.