Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To (900 Views)

If The FG Could Give Away Oil Rich Bakassi , Why Is Biafra An Issue / "Biafra An International Crime Scene" / Tompolo's 48th Birthday: Niger Deltans Celebrate In Grand Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by manuelreports: 1:05pm On May 30, 2020
Today 3oth of May 2020 Marked the 50th Year anniversary of the end of the Biafran Civil war which gulped a whopping blood of over 3 million Biafrans.

Although the wound have healed and the victims of the war have moved on and have reintegrated into the main stream of Nigeria socio-economic landscape, but the memories of the war are still intact.

In this special Article I will not waste your special time reiterating on the event that lead to the war or start apportioning blame on any players or stake holders of the avoidable war.

But I will use this opportunity to advice Ndi Igbo both the highly placed, revered, the elite and the common man in the street.

After 50 years of War, Ndi Igbo and indeed people from the defunct region of Biafran are yet to find their position in the Soul of Nigeria. Till today the declaration of 3 Rs by then military head of State Yakubu Gowon have remained a dream unattained, an illusion and an "Audio Promise" as Nigeria Millennials will term it.

This Marginalisation and careful segregation of the people of the Defuct region have raised a new wave of agitation for a Sovereign nation of Biafran. This time around it is Championed by a man who was given birth to at the inception of the War in the person of Nnamdi Kanu.

Since his emergence as the front man of the agiatation, his group IPOB (Indigenous People of Biafra) have gathered world wide recognition and have emerged as one of the most peaceful secession group in the world.

Single handedly the people of the region have obeyed a directive from this group and have observed a seat at home declared by the group which have lead to the total or partial lockdown of the region. This is to show that the people have accepted to reinvent the spirit of agitation for a Sovereign State.

With Low level of Federal presence in the region, refusal of the Federal Government to add additional State to make South East to have equal number of states with other Geo Political zones in Nigeria. It is indeed time for Leaders of taught, stake holders, Business men, Entrepreneurs, Traditional rulers, Politicians,economic leaders, Academicians and all the Illustrous sons from the region to converge for a town hall meeting to discuss about the way forward for the region in the Contraption Nigeria.

A popular Adage in Igbo says "Onye ajuru aju adighi aju onwe ya" meaning that a person who has been rejected cannot reject himself. Indeed we need to put hands together and work towards economic stability and delvelopment of the Defuct Biafra Region.

The Defuct Biafran region is indeed a very promising region with many well known Cities and regions which have lots of treasures buried at its stomach. It will only take a well articulated and harmonised policy and starategies to showcase what the region can achieve without Federal presence.

I must commend Ndi Nnewi for their Aku rue ulo spirit which has turned the Village to an industrial hub that have produced the first indigenous automobile manufacturing plant in Nigeria. Also not to be left our is Aba which is also a rising manufacturing hub of the West Africa region.

The defuct Biafra region can boast of over 60 Million people and above, with a good Inter city morden train connecting the different Cities in this region, the Igbos Business men and manufacturers will have a huge market for their products and services and will Indeed reduce the way business men and Job seekers troop to Lagos in search of greener pastures.

The South East and South South Governors should come together and make sure that the already proposed train Network is achieved and not thrown into the archives of unachived projects.

There should be economic harmonisation and each State Government in the region should give proper support to all the industrial hub in the region and also nuture more hubs to emerge and take the center stage of manufacturing, processing, packaging and possible export.

Every Igbo man and People from the region should learn how to invest at home to contribute his or her own quota to the growth and development of their state and also create more jobs for the unemployed youths from the region.

The recent Statistics from the NBS have raised a lot of dust concerning how the South East region will be lagging behind in the league of its Southern brothers. Instead of criticising that report, we should take it as a motivation to renew our think home spirit and indeed bring the region to an eviable level of economic prosperity.

Indeed this is something the Igbos can achieve, if the Igbos can come back from War and establish Alaba International, Ladipo, Trade Fair, Computer Village and other Big markets and economic hubs outside the region, then I think developing our own region is the least of what we can do. After all you don't need to snad fill the Lagoon or Ocean to build your business empire just as we have witnessed by Igbo business men in Lagos and other places in Nigeria.

The State Governors should establish a Tech Incubation and Skill acquisition centers in atleast every local Government in their respective state. This will help to raise the new generation of Youth who are going to power different industrial hubs which will spring up in different parts of the region.

All the State Government should also make sure they Establish Farm settlements in different parts of their State. This will help to reduce the level of unemployment and help tap Into the vast agricultural opportunities in the region.

Influential Leaders of the region should as a matter of fact pressurize the Federal Government to make sure that the Seaports in the region such as Calabar Seaport, Ibom Seaport, and the Port-Harcourt are fucntioning effectively. This step will not only help to decongest the already overwhelmed Lagos port but will also catalyse economic activities in the region.

With a fictional seaport within the region the region will be opened up to regional market which is estimated to be over 300 million people. The Aba Shoe manufacturer, and the Onitsha Business man can both export and import their goods and services respectively.

Members of the Lagos bubbling Tech Eco System from the region should start moving down east to groom the fast growing Tech Eco System in the region. If mypaddy can raise a seed fund of over $1m operating from the small City of Ozoro in Delta State, there is indeed a bright future for startups springing up in the region.

Rich and wealthy Igbo Investors should invest in these startups and possibly could form their own Agel Investors Network to support the emerging startups in the region.

I must commend Jason Njoku the Founder of Iroko TV, Pius Okigbo a renowned Scholar, Mark Essien the Founder of Hotels.ng for their effort to make the regions Tech Eco System competes favourably with the Lagos Eco System.

Let me drop my pen here for another day.

I will like to use this opportunity to pray that God will accept the soul of all the faithful departed in his bossom.
We the New Generation of Biafrans will not forget the supreme sacrifice you paid for us.

Don't mind the mistake I have to write this in a hurry to attend to other things.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by Vyzz: 1:23pm On May 30, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 30, 2020
I read your post and I find it interesting, well written and full of passion
Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by ProfAmaben(m): 1:31pm On May 30, 2020
Stop including Niger Delta into Biafra, it is wrong. These people want their identity.

From an Igbo man.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by AhoadaRivers: 2:11pm On May 30, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Stop including Niger Delta into Biafra, it is wrong. These people want their identity.

From an Igbo man.

Ewedu man, read this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/5891656/nigerian-army-storms-venue-ipob#90120715

2 Likes

Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by Africonji: 2:13pm On May 30, 2020
Op, stop this nonsense. I am a Biafran to the bone, but I don't support this inclusion of so-called southsouth or Niger Delta people in Biafra affairs. Those saboteurs will only keep using that to insult Ndigbo. We can stand on our own and remember and mourn our fallen on our own without any distractions from any saboteurs. Enough of this embarrassing attachment making us look desperate. Ndigbo don't need this. We are too much for all this.

1 Like

Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by flokii: 2:21pm On May 30, 2020
After fighting a needless and senseless war for several months, Ojukwu couldn't get biafra. Instead the coward ran away to ivory coast with his family. leaving Phillip Effiong in charge who was later captured by Yoruba led forces and taken to Lagos to surrender and give up biafuro for life.

Lessons to this generation of Igbos.. war (online or offline) won't do you any good. Your forefathers surrendered to secure your lives and existence within Nigeria. Respect that and say no to deceit from Nnamdi Kanu or whoever. #Love ya'll grin

6 Likes

Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by manuelreports: 5:13pm On May 30, 2020
bamidelee:

Igbo's are the problem of this country.
How exactly
Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 30, 2020
I have always heard about the famous marginalization of the Igbos in Nigeria.

I haven't had someone truly explain what this marginalization means or how it is being carried out.

So, reading this article here, I presume that when Igbos say they are marginalized, what they mean is that:

1. They are not included in any socio-political activity of Nigeria.

2. That there is no federal presence in Igboland.

3. That the country has refused to create a 6th state for them.

Is this what Igbos mean by marginalization?

Let's take it one by one.

1. Igbos have been with the ruling party since Independence and the only time they've ever been in opposition started in 2015 when Buhari won. Since then, they've been crying secession and Biafra.

Guess who was the first Nigerian president. Nnamdi Azikiwe, an Igbo man.

Guess who was Shagari's vice president. Alex Ekwueme, an Igbo man.

Guess who were the Senate presidents when Nigeria got her democracy back in 1999.

Evans Enwerem, Chuba Okadigbo, Ekweremadu etc all led the Senate at one point or the other.

2. No federal presence in the east.

Really?

Are you saying that there are no federal roads in the east?

No federal schools (unity secondary schools and federal universities) in the east?

No federal secretariats in the east?

No federal teaching hospitals in the east?

No senatorial districts in the east?

No connection to the power grid in the east?

No international airport in the east?

No police command or military barracks in the east?

Etc

a. If these things aren't present in the east and the Igbos have always been part of the ruling party in Nigeria, who's to blame?

b. If these things are truly present then you guys should cover your faces in shame.

3. Refusal to give you a 6th state.

First, I think the landmass of the entire Igboland which is not up to or maybe slightly larger than the combination of Oyo and Osun states, (note that these two states used to be just Oyo state) does not warrant a creation of another state out of the tiny region.

If the population is much, what the agitation should be is for more Local Government Areas which can only come about by a constitutional amendment.

Second, you have federal representatives at the House of Assembly. If they aren't representing your interests well, whose fault is that?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 30, 2020
manuelreports:

How exactly
Ask cownu.
Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 30, 2020
manuelreports:
[s]Today 3oth of May 2020 Marked the 50th Year anniversary of the end of the Biafran Civil war which gulped a whopping blood of over 3 million Biafrans.

Although the wound have healed and the victims of the war have moved on and have reintegrated into the main stream of Nigeria socio-economic landscape, but the memories of the war are still intact.

In this special Article I will not waste your special time reiterating on the event that lead to the war or start apportioning blame on any players or stake holders of the avoidable war. [/s]

But I will use this opportunity to advice Ndi Igbo both the highly placed, revered, the elite and the common man in the street.

[s]After 50 years of War, Ndi Igbo and indeed people from the defunct region of Biafran are yet to find their position in the Soul of Nigeria. Till today the declaration of 3 Rs by then military head of State Yakubu Gowon have remained a dream unattained, an illusion and an "Audio Promise" as Nigeria Millennials will term it.

This Marginalisation and careful segregation of the people of the Defuct region have raised a new wave of agitation for a Sovereign nation of Biafran. This time around it is Championed by a man who was given birth to at the inception of the War in the person of Nnamdi Kanu.

Since his emergence as the front man of the agiatation, his group IPOB (Indigenous People of Biafra) have gathered world wide recognition and have emerged as one of the most peaceful secession group in the world.

Single handedly the people of the region have obeyed a directive from this group and have observed a seat at home declared by the group which have lead to the total or partial lockdown of the region. This is to show that the people have accepted to reinvent the spirit of agitation for a Sovereign State.

With Low level of Federal presence in the region, refusal of the Federal Government to add additional State to make South East to have equal number of states with other Geo Political zones in Nigeria. It is indeed time for Leaders of taught, stake holders, Business men, Entrepreneurs, Traditional rulers, Politicians,economic leaders, Academicians and all the Illustrous sons from the region to converge for a town hall meeting to discuss about the way forward for the region in the Contraption Nigeria.

A popular Adage in Igbo says "Onye ajuru aju adighi aju onwe ya" meaning that a person who has been rejected cannot reject himself. Indeed we need to put hands together and work towards economic stability and delvelopment of the Defuct Biafra Region.

The Defuct Biafran region is indeed a very promising region with many well known Cities and regions which have lots of treasures buried at its stomach. It will only take a well articulated and harmonised policy and starategies to showcase what the region can achieve without Federal presence.

I must commend Ndi Nnewi for their Aku rue ulo spirit which has turned the Village to an industrial hub that have produced the first indigenous automobile manufacturing plant in Nigeria. Also not to be left our is Aba which is also a rising manufacturing hub of the West Africa region.

The defuct Biafra region can boast of over 60 Million people and above, with a good Inter city morden train connecting the different Cities in this region, the Igbos Business men and manufacturers will have a huge market for their products and services and will Indeed reduce the way business men and Job seekers troop to Lagos in search of greener pastures.

The South East and South South Governors should come together and make sure that the already proposed train Network is achieved and not thrown into the archives of unachived projects.

There should be economic harmonisation and each State Government in the region should give proper support to all the industrial hub in the region and also nuture more hubs to emerge and take the center stage of manufacturing, processing, packaging and possible export.

Every Igbo man and People from the region should learn how to invest at home to contribute his or her own quota to the growth and development of their state and also create more jobs for the unemployed youths from the region.

The recent Statistics from the NBS have raised a lot of dust concerning how the South East region will be lagging behind in the league of its Southern brothers. Instead of criticising that report, we should take it as a motivation to renew our think home spirit and indeed bring the region to an eviable level of economic prosperity.

Indeed this is something the Igbos can achieve, if the Igbos can come back from War and establish Alaba International, Ladipo, Trade Fair, Computer Village and other Big markets and economic hubs outside the region, then I think developing our own region is the least of what we can do. After all you don't need to snad fill the Lagoon or Ocean to build your business empire just as we have witnessed by Igbo business men in Lagos and other places in Nigeria.

The State Governors should establish a Tech Incubation and Skill acquisition centers in atleast every local Government in their respective state. This will help to raise the new generation of Youth who are going to power different industrial hubs which will spring up in different parts of the region.

All the State Government should also make sure they Establish Farm settlements in different parts of their State. This will help to reduce the level of unemployment and help tap Into the vast agricultural opportunities in the region.

Influential Leaders of the region should as a matter of fact pressurize the Federal Government to make sure that the Seaports in the region such as Calabar Seaport, Ibom Seaport, and the Port-Harcourt are fucntioning effectively. This step will not only help to decongest the already overwhelmed Lagos port but will also catalyse economic activities in the region.

With a fictional seaport within the region the region will be opened up to regional market which is estimated to be over 300 million people. The Aba Shoe manufacturer, and the Onitsha Business man can both export and import their goods and services respectively.

Members of the Lagos bubbling Tech Eco System from the region should start moving down east to groom the fast growing Tech Eco System in the region. If mypaddy can raise a seed fund of over $1m operating from the small City of Ozoro in Delta State, there is indeed a bright future for startups springing up in the region.

Rich and wealthy Igbo Investors should invest in these startups and possibly could form their own Agel Investors Network to support the emerging startups in the region.

I must commend Jason Njoku the Founder of Iroko TV, Pius Okigbo a renowned Scholar, Mark Essien the Founder of Hotels.ng for their effort to make the regions Tech Eco System competes favourably with the Lagos Eco System.

Let me drop my pen here for another day.

I will like to use this opportunity to pray that God will accept the soul of all the faithful departed in his bossom.
We the New Generation of Biafrans will not forget the supreme sacrifice you paid for us.

Don't mind the mistake I have to write this in a hurry to attend to other things. [/s]

Igbos are bunch of useless and animalistic miscreants.

Useless nonentities.

Nkogheri and nkwugheri 911.
Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by Justice35: 9:29pm On May 30, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Igbos are bunch of useless and animalistic miscreants.

Useless nonentities.

Nkogheri and nkwugheri 911.

shut your dirty stinky mouth olodo!!!!
Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 30, 2020
Justice35:
shut your dirty stinky mouth olodo!!!!

Ipob miscreants everywhere
Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by rosy02(f): 10:04pm On May 30, 2020
Everyone has a right to air his opinion peacefully.
Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by llakes4real: 12:30am On May 31, 2020
According to the OP, Igbos did these on other people's land?

Indeed this is something the Igbos can achieve, if the Igbos can come back from War and establish Alaba International, Ladipo, Trade Fair, Computer Village and other Big markets and economic hubs outside the region, then I think developing our own region is the least of what we can do.

Is this a lie, or being industrious or just plain stupidity? Why didn't they establish these in the SE?

I can't wait for you lot to achieve your Biafra, and see magic you hope to perform.
Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by Susu888(m): 1:03am On May 31, 2020
Like someone up there just outlined... your whole write up is punctured. Its just purely sentimental nd lacks correlation with reality.
Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by Aboks(m): 6:52am On May 31, 2020
Biafra stop including niger delta in your rubbish struggle
Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by Ndokwagirl(f): 8:16am On May 31, 2020
Well written
Re: Biafra! An Advice Every Igbo And Niger Deltans Must Adhere To by manuelreports: 9:38am On May 31, 2020
Susu888:
Like someone up there just outlined... your whole write up is punctured. Its just purely sentimental nd lacks correlation with reality.

What exactly are doing on Biafran thread if not to forment trouble
Create your Oduduwa thread and talk about it
Stop looking for whom to drag into your servitude of Fulani empire.
Shamless folks that have sold their right for one cup of beans

(1) (Reply)

Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks / I Sponsored Oshiomhole's Governorship Campaign In Edo - Obaseki Speaks / MURIC Faults Ogun Court Judgment Against Use Of Hijab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.