Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? (2391 Views)

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Drunk CRUTECH Student Kills Final year student in an auto crash on campus / Car Crashes Into A Tree At FUNAAB Campus, 3 Injured (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Dollywood(m): 2:58pm On May 30, 2020
I get numerous complaints that Campus life in Canada is boring in addition to the intense cold there makes things depressing, how true is this? I also heard it is hard to make friends to have fun together unlike here in Nigeria where almost all Campuses are fun filled and memorable. I intend to study in Canada after this whole pandemic. I'll need your advise.
Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by tolugar: 3:24pm On May 30, 2020
Dollywood:
I get numerous complaints that Campus life in Canada is boring in addition to the intense cold there makes things depressing, how true is this? I also heard it is hard to make friends to have fun together unlike here in Nigeria where almost all Campuses are fun filled and memorable. I intend to study in Canada after this whole pandemic. I'll need your advise.

I rather be bored in Canada than a bubbly life in Nigeria

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by flexerking(m): 3:42pm On May 30, 2020
tolugar:

6 Likes

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Resees: 3:52pm On May 30, 2020
tolugar:

Smh

4 Likes

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by fishjam: 3:58pm On May 30, 2020
grin
Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by ednut1(m): 4:04pm On May 30, 2020
Only boring if you want it to be. There are a lot of Nigerians in schools there to relate with. Also go for shared accommodation instead of living alone. Moreover you did not go to canada for fun

10 Likes

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Gerrard59(m): 5:17pm On May 30, 2020
ednut1:
Only boring if you want it to be. There are a lot of Nigerians in schools there to relate with. Also go for shared accommodation instead of living alone. Moreover you did not go to canada for fun

tolugar:

No chills grin

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by ChristoBam: 6:43pm On May 30, 2020
Dollywood:

Saying Canada is boring is an understatement.

1 Like

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 30, 2020
@OP, Canada as a whole is a very boring country compared to the USA. Yes! The cold is damn too much that's what alot of ignorant Young Nigerians don't understand. Most of your time will be spent indoors and the dating scene is very boring too because most Canadian nationals don't give a Fvck about u(immigrants).

My advice is just go there and experience it yourself then u will understand better all I said above.

8 Likes

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by neurosci: 8:44pm On May 30, 2020
Yes, it is boring especially if you go to a small school. Large schools like Uni of Waterloo or Uni of British Columbia are better because the more the people, the easier it is to find your match. It is not as boring for their citizens as it is for you because you have to remember that you're different. If a Canadian student comes to study in Nigeria, he or she would experience the same thing due to being different.

When it comes to the dating scene or generally having fun, always remember this: you are black, you are an immigrant, you are a man. These three factors do not ever work in your favor. Pay attention to the law so you do not get in trouble. The worst that can happen to you is for a white girl to accuse you of anything. Even if she lies against you, you still can't come out of it due to the three factors I mentioned. Your best bet is to always stay low-key and forget the fun. That's not why you came, it is not your country.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Dollywood(m): 8:47pm On May 30, 2020
ChristoBam:

Saying Canada is boring is an understatement.

Damn!
Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Dollywood(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2020
neurosci:
Yes, it is boring especially if you go to a small school. Large schools like Uni of Waterloo or Uni of British Columbia are better because the more the people, the easier it is to find your match. It is not as boring for their citizens as it is for you because you have to remember that you're different. If a Canadian student comes to study in Nigeria, he or she would experience the same thing due to being different.

When it comes to the dating scene or generally having fun, always remember this: you are black, you are an immigrant, you are a man. These three factors do not ever work in your favor. Pay attention to the law so you do not get in trouble. The worst that can happen to you is for a white girl to accuse you of anything. Even if she lies against you, you still can't come out of it due to the three factors I mentioned. Your best bet is to always stay low-key and forget the fun. That's not why you came, it is not your country.

How do guys there even cope with such boredom?
Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Dollywood(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2020
neurosci:

WORD

3 Likes

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by neurosci: 8:52pm On May 30, 2020
Dollywood:

How do guys there even cope with such boredom?

You're asking me how we cope with it? Now, tell me how you'll answer a Canadian if he/she asks you this: "How do you guys even cope with all the kidnapping, bad roads, malnutrition, fights, diseases, poor healthcare, no power supply, and unstable internet in Nigeria?"

The way you cope there is the way we cope here. Humans will always adapt. It's not like we have an option.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Dollywood(m): 9:23pm On May 30, 2020
neurosci:

You're asking me how we cope with it? Now, tell me how you'll answer a Canadian if he/she asks you this: "How do you guys even cope with all the kidnapping, bad roads, malnutrition, fights, diseases, poor healthcare, no power supply, and unstable internet in Nigeria?"

The way you cope there is the way we cope here. Humans will always adapt. It's not like we have an option.

Very True! I must get a console there to ease boredom there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Nobody: 3:54am On May 31, 2020
Dollywood:
Campus life will be boring if you only make friends with Nigerians. Try and make friends with Canadians and other nationals and you will enjoy your time on campus.

It gets extremely cold in winter, but there are outdoor activities such as skiing and quading in the wilderness you can get into.This is why I encourage Nigerians to try make friends with Canadians and participate in the hobbies they engage in.

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Nobody: 3:56am On May 31, 2020
neurosci:

If any girl tells you no, just leave them alone!They are not playing hard to get.This is warning many Nigerians boys don't pay heed to and a few have ended up with court cases and got deported and permanently banned from Canada.

I pity some Nigerian parents, they don't know some of their sons only came to Canada to chase women,drink,smoke weed and choose not to focus on their studies. Many failed out of university and wasted all the money invested in them, that could otherwise have gone to buying land, property or a new car back home.

9 Likes

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by edoairways: 8:45am On May 31, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

If any girl tells you no, just leave them alone!They are not playing hard to get.This is warning many Nigerians boys don't pay heed to and a few have ended up with court cases and got deported and permanently banned from Canada.

I pity some Nigerian parents, they don't know some of their sons only came to Canada to chase women,drink,smoke weed and not choose not to focus on their studies. Many failed out of university and wasted all the money invested in them, that could otherwise have gone to buying land, property or a new car back home.
Can a pig live in a clean environment?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Dollywood(m): 12:36pm On May 31, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Campus life will be boring if you only make friends with Nigerians. Try and make friends with Canadians and other nationals and you will enjoy your time on campus.

It gets extremely cold in winter, but there are outdoor activities such as skiing and quading in the wilderness you can get into.This is why I encourage Nigerians to try make friends with Canadians and participate in the hobbies they engage in.

Thanks for this golden info. wink

1 Like

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by atiteb4: 1:37pm On May 31, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I pity some Nigerian parents, they don't know some of their sons only came to Canada to chase women,drink,smoke weed and not choose not to focus on their studies. Many failed out of university and wasted all the money invested in them, that could otherwise have gone to buying land, property or a new car back home.
most especially the undergraduates. They are mostly lost and don't know what's up.

5 Likes

Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by LogTM: 2:01pm On May 31, 2020
Dollywood:

And what exactly do we do here that is fun and exciting? Church fellowship? Because that's all I see here.
Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 31, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I pity some Nigerian parents, they don't know some of their sons only came to Canada to chase women,drink,smoke weed and choose not to focus on their studies. Many failed out of university and wasted all the money invested in them, that could otherwise have gone to buying land, property or a new car back home.

Damn I like this your name ooo "RuudVanNisteroy"
Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 31, 2020
GreenKalada:

Damn I like this your name ooo "RuudVanNisteroy"
cool
Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by EDGEof2MORO: 6:11pm On May 31, 2020
Dollywood:

Are you going to campus for fun or to acquire knowledge?
Re: Is It True Campus Life Is Boring In Canada ? by GboyegaD(m): 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
It truly is if you want it to be. However, you can choose to be free and make friends without boundaries, get engaged, and you did be shocked it is much fun. You could make lunch friends that you go to lunch together with, watch movies with, travel with etc.

(1) (Reply)

My Journey From Nigeria To Dubai Part 1 / How Can You Become An Indigene Of Any State In Nigeria? / UK Or Sweden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.