Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,731 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) - Food (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) (113285 Views)

Photos Of Grasscutter And 3 Monkeys Killed Today By A Hunter / Antelope Killed Today For Easter / See The Big Bush Meat I Killed Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Justdogood(m): 11:31pm On May 30, 2020
That thing looks like a Tasmanian Devil.
Check the pics I posted below

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:41pm On May 30, 2020
1mrprolific7:
Instead of you to send your account details so that I'll credit your account
0052566722 access.. I believe bro

1 Like

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 30, 2020
cruxgemmata:
Looks like a BANDICOOT.

They are known for carrying dangerous diseases like Typhus Fever.
It is not, Bandicoot are endemic to Australia and New guinea only.
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by streetpaddy(m): 11:51pm On May 30, 2020
Aimerosa25:
It's an anteater

No wrong this is an anteater

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by SOPWriter: 11:57pm On May 30, 2020
saintbillion:
Was about going out today to chill due to this lock down ooo. loo and behold I saw this pig-like wild animal trying to attack one of my chicken. Then quickly I use a stick and hit the head.
Natural palliative send from above.

Don't even know the name sha. can anyone help?
lalasticl.ala come here let's settle the matter for area now.
Looks like one of these.

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by stieyven(m): 12:00am On May 31, 2020
Shellsploit:
Jesus Igwe shocked

When u done eating it make sure u look for a ventilator cry

Lalasticlala come collect stainless plate and partake in this last supper.
There are many exclamatory phrases you can use rather than Jesus Igwe. Do not take the name of the Lord in vain. The Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain. EXODUS 20 :7
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by ugwumichael(m): 12:00am On May 31, 2020
looks like a Mongoose
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Azord(m): 12:02am On May 31, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
isoright
Bros i don try
Since way that guy take mention me for this thread abi na topic na im i dey try seek knowledge on the name of this animal
I don tire

The thing resembles opossum
He also resemble bandicoot
He also resemble shrew
Wait o the thing also resemble kusimanse

Wait first make l go browse the picture of all these animal names.
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Susu888(m): 12:05am On May 31, 2020
Lovexme:
Looks like a long-nosed Kusimanse from the Mongoose family.

Its a liberian mongoose..
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by TemmyDayo50(m): 12:21am On May 31, 2020
cruxgemmata:
Looks like a BANDICOOT.

Lmfao grin.... You're wicked
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Nobody: 12:29am On May 31, 2020
This is a flatheaded cuisemanse, a species of dwarf mongoose.
It is a commonly hunted, and is a predator that feeds on small prey. You can find more information here http://animalia.bio/common-kusimanse

saintbillion:
Was about going out today to chill due to this lock down ooo. loo and behold I saw this pig-like wild animal trying to attack one of my chicken. Then quickly I use a stick and hit the head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Nobody: 12:33am On May 31, 2020
It is a cusimanse (kusimanse). And you are right, it is a somehow related to mongoose, and is called dwarf-mongoose.

pocohantas:

Maybe a sub-specie, but it is NOT a mongoose.

No offense, but there is no resemblance between a mongoose and that creature on FP with a snout. Except one of us has bad eyesight.

1 Like

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by bx1: 12:46am On May 31, 2020
This one loud o
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Nobody: 12:48am On May 31, 2020
1mrprolific7:
Instead of you to send your account details so that I'll credit your account
Check your dm cool
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Nobody: 1:12am On May 31, 2020
Why are Nigerians like this?
You don't know what the strange and ugly thing is yet it's getting prepared for the pots.
Since you guys believe so much in superstition, what if it's a human being that transformed to the creature?

1 Like

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by CSNg: 1:22am On May 31, 2020
cruxgemmata:
Looks like a BANDICOOT.

Bandicoots are only found in Australia NOT Nigeria
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by emmyboy162(m): 1:33am On May 31, 2020
stieyven:

There are many exclamatory phrases you can use rather than Jesus Igwe. Do not take the name of the Lord in vain. The Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain. EXODUS 20 :7

undecided
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Kingrefreshed: 2:33am On May 31, 2020
saintbillion:

Remembered the year we had this Animal as a Pet. It was so lovely because we caught it while it was very young and little, then it feed it and domesticated it.

When people come to our house and see it, their first reaction always is to look for a stone or wood to kill it then we would shout that's it's our pet.

It feeds on Snails only.

You need to see how it breaks the shells of the snails. Very beautiful.

Then one day the wild instincts came out. It was really more like a normal little dog in our house because we name it " HIS ".

Just call him "His " and it will just appear from No where.

But my dads immediate younger brother killed it one day when "HIS" went into his poultry farm and kill almost all the day old chicken. "HIS" would just catch the little bird, cut it's head off and bounce on another bird... It was a total mess and with Anger my uncle killed HIS.

It was like someone actually died in the family that day. Everyone was absolutely sad and depressed that day.

In my language we call it "Nkwukwa "

1 Like

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Thetruthalways: 5:29am On May 31, 2020
OluwasureGig:
must you guys eat everything in this life that you came to? what's all this nah. slawormir your attention is needed here
Am telling you....na dem....
They eat any animal they see and a lot will be trolling Calabar for eating dog...an not from Calabar or any where near there...
I guess its Hunger and poverty too that is making them do this....
How will a human being eat any animal seen...
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Iceyjayz: 7:07am On May 31, 2020
mytime24:
#op no bring venza 19 virus come out ooo cheesy
Mumu! you have never made any sense
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Topman0001(m): 7:10am On May 31, 2020
SKhanmi:
Isn't that a shrew? You lucky say Eno bite you.

Modified*
Nope too big for a shrew and definitely not an anteater. Looks more like it belongs to the mole family. Suprised you will eat an unknown animal sha
That's a mongoose, a snake eater.
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by kolapo520: 7:11am On May 31, 2020
Really need a serious person to partner with to make up to 100k monthly... only serious minded people .
Who ever is interested should join group chat below or drop Whatsapp number_https:///JG9KYpnvuDmEW8CqDoN6SD

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Topman0001(m): 7:12am On May 31, 2020
It's called mongoose, it likes feeding on snakes.
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Wizpapus20(m): 7:32am On May 31, 2020
grin The name of the animal is kiwi
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by wasi9ice: 7:53am On May 31, 2020
Shellsploit:
Jesus Igwe shocked

When u done eating it make sure u look for a ventilator cry

Lalasticlala come collect stainless plate and partake in this last supper.,,��
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 7:58am On May 31, 2020
CHARLOE:

Very true, watched a documentary on nat geo about this animal. It attacks poisonous snakes without fear, while attacking a cobra, d snake bit it but d animal just bit off d cobras head n was eating d snake like a snack when d venom took effect. D animal went down like it was dead, after about 1hr bros got up n continued frm where it stopped like nothing happened. Very interesting animal.
@saintbillion, this animal must have been protecting u n ur chickens frm snakes, now it's out of d way, expect venomous reptiles visitation.
I love reptiles especially Python
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by sirgusto: 7:59am On May 31, 2020
That's a mongoose.
It feeds on snakes.
You should have made it a pet, it will kill snakes for you.
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by AhoadaRivers: 7:59am On May 31, 2020
saintbillion:

That stuff carries a whole lot of viral load. It is called Nkapi in Iboland.

Consider yourself a walking reservoir of zoonotic viruses after eating it.
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:00am On May 31, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

Don't go and eat nonsense tomorrow abeg.

Careful with what you eat.How can you even eat an animal that you don't even know it's name?
Na so Ebola take start.Don't just consume anything be careful of what you eat.
am alive bro. Yeah very much healthy
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by solochiben(m): 8:00am On May 31, 2020
saintbillion:
more pics

Hope you are not planning on eating that?
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:02am On May 31, 2020
femiblaze:
You want to give him hypertension abi?
lol tension for meat? Na lie
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:04am On May 31, 2020
Herbephe1:
what a coincidence?! eku asín (shrew ) I guess
I saw it yesterday in the toilet when I wanted to pee, lol, I ran left and it ran right, bah so we run for each other. I heard it bites, and it's More poisonous than snake
haha u just run away from meat ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today / Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) / Food Section Rules And Regulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.