Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (114047 Views)

See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / List Of Items I Just Purchased With N800 Today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by NairaLEARN: 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
SHOCKING: What I Saw In The Market Today

Onion 100 Naira
Meat: 1000 with abeg o
Tomato: 130 naira each

I feel for the poor of the poorest.. while the politiking Politicians and rich in Nigeria have foods and cash stored and stack for themselves n family..

Is the poor that are paying the price..

May God help us

#EndBadGovernment In Nigeria..

Am shock now

412 Likes 34 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SalamRushdie: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
I warned y'all about a prolonged Endsars causing inflation

226 Likes 40 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SUCKCESSFUL: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Na now E dey shock you? grin

Better go get shock absorber (Money) because shocking is allowed.
Even Buhari has been shocked multiple times cheesy

353 Likes 24 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by MickzyDonald: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
They need to feel our pain,we are tired of this

21 Likes 10 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Pierced(f): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
The road blockage caused inflation especially in Lagos.

Drivers of vehicles bringing goods from the north were scared of coming to Lagos because of the arson and looting.

482 Likes 33 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by IDesignLOGO: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Sweetas2(m): 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
Time will come when the poor got no money or nothing else to eat ... This so call politicians will know and understand the full meaning and lyrics of Burnaboy songs.... monster ...

168 Likes 9 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by limeta(f): 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
But still you got the rice for free

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
grin grin grin Yeah I also brought Gino pepper paste at #130.... Meat nah gold now... Onions is also like that.... But no matter how bad the economy is in the jungle. A lion can never eat grass. So no matter how bad Nigeria economy is we will still eat and even crack bone at the end of the meal

369 Likes 19 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Senseless soul, so the shouldn't protest? Zombie

Then stop complaining about high cost of food stuffs.

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Emyzoloye5(m): 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
I will blame buhari for this ....he caused it

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
grin
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Too bad..
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Orubebe01: 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
I have stopped using tomatoes to cook. once I want to make stew for my expensive rice, I go for vagetable like Ugu.
Op, why not go for fish na though the price of fish has increased too but I prefer fish.

cc buhari

138 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Biodun556(m): 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:

They will blame politicians when all roads were blocked, livestock and food stuffs were stolen or burnt with trailers.

A person should know that this protest and it aftermaths will hunt us for months.

Now oil tankers are afraid of loading for fear of attack.

Why are we like this?

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Biodun556(m): 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2020
Pierced:
The road blockage caused inflation especially in Lagos.

Drivers of vehicles bringing goods from the north were scared of coming to Lagos because of the arson and looting.

Good

This is not politician

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by ecclize: 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
u probably not in Nigeria... things are already cost even before the #Endsar saga... at least i know of the tomato paste and onion... i bought both at a very high cost before the protest started

372 Likes 21 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by ecclize: 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
The way price of commodities are going up these days ehn one need to be scared..
is getting worse by the day without an iota of reflective improvement on spending power...
to even buy cloth these days ehn u must have been saving the money for like 3 month...
this country just taya me

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by capatainrambo: 1:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:
ok so we should keep quiet and endure, we shouldn't protest? What exactly is your point ?

The next protest wont be peaceful. We will use guns.

If things like make them skyrocket

#end badgovt

159 Likes 11 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Neddstark: 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
If only we saw implication of our actions. 70% of our food comes from the North. Hope prices normalizes soon. God help Nigeria

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SalamRushdie: 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
ecclize:

u probably not in Nigeria... things are already cost even before the #Endsar saga... at least i know of the tomato paste and onion... i bought both at a very high cost before the protest started

Yes but Endsars increased it ..I came here to beg for protesters to allow for free flow of good and service on roads because but will lead to more inflation but Endsars people thought they knew better ..Every action has it's consequences

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Neddstark: 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
capatainrambo:
ok so we should keep quiet and endure, we shouldn't protest? What exactly is your point ?

#end badgovt

Please use guns. People with military training are eager to test their might.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Shortyy(f): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
My sister bought 6 pieces of Fresh tomatoes for #500. My brother things have spoilt. Only God will help us in this country.

9 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Legalcriminal: 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
OP u get big meat For that price u can only get half of that here with 1k.

The country Ian something else

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by Neddstark: 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2020
ecclize:

The protests, blockage of roads, violence and uncertainty increased the cost. Now imagine it was all-out war. Bread will be like 4k. You say it is too much, the person behind you buys it sharp sharp. Conflict in Nigeria no good at all.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by SalamRushdie: 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2020
capatainrambo:

#end badgovt

Nonsense the you will burn your country down like libya and Somalia and worse low lives will lead you and rape your females ...Be wise Anarchy has never paid any society it only makes things worse ...When Lagos was boiling were you not hiding in your house ? Could you come out and face the hoodlums?

My friend that's so so much supplying free face mask , sanitizer and water to the Protesters got her pharmacy razed to the ground by them ... So stoking Anarchy ..Be wise

78 Likes 12 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by ecclize: 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Yes but Endsars increased it ..I came here to beg for protesters to allow for free flow of good and service on roads because but will lead to more inflation but Endsars people thought they knew better ..Every action has it's consequences
The endsar protest was a good call just that it was not well planned...

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by MagicBishop: 1:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
SalamRushdie:

That's not the major problem .

The major problem is banks remaining closed and ATMs vandalised or not refilled.

This is deliberate.

The war on cash is already won.

Next thing now is to have us go cashless.

POS and ATMs will be replaced before the end of second quarter of next year in place of a new digital ID system that NIMC is touting . The new ID system will be a nano implant that they will force you to get.

The economy is deliberately being destroyed by those in power to make way for a new digital currency which the IMF wants in place by next year in what they have dubbed as the new Brenton Woods moment and great global economic reset.

EndSars was the pretext used by the NWO and Buhari govt to justify drastic changes .

Hyper inflation is coming and a great global recession is already on the way by 2021.

An articicial food scarcity is looming that was deliberated occasioned by this govt.

Farmers can't go to their farms because of Buhari's fulani militia.

Food imports have been banned, borders closed and to show how wicked they are, fertilizers have also made the import ban list.

That is to tell you that they are working tirelessly to roll out hunger - a classic weapon used by all communist take overs.

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by fourboys: 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
take heart
Re: SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today by ecclize: 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
Biodun556:

They will blame politicians when all roads were blocked, livestock and food stuffs were stolen or burnt with trailers.

A sane person should know that this protest and it aftermaths will hunt us for months.

Now oil tankers are afraid of loading for fear of attack.

Why are we likes?
ogbeni swerve jare...
thing no dey cost even when protest no dey...
tomatoes paste was sold for 150 before the protest started not to talk of how onoin was madly cost... i skipped buying it a particular day because it was just annoying

56 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) / Food Section Rules And Regulations / If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.