Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki (30141 Views)

Edo Primary: APC Removes Uzodinma As Chairman, Names Otu As Replacement / Successful Edo Primary: APC Presents Model For Voting During Pandemic - Vanguard / Edo primary: APC writes IGP, PTF to seek clearance for Uzodinma, others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Champneys: 9:27am On May 31, 2020
Nigerian politics..... Waste of bloody time

Till we do away with the nonsense, we can never have any meaningful progress or development.

Power tussle, incompetence and godfatherism has taken centre stage, governance and leadership has been dumped into the bin.

It is the same nonsense that will happen in another state, local government and district tomorrow.... A 'turn by turn' situation

Till we start to rethink the way we select, elect and put people in leadership and administrative positions from ground up, we will never see any advancement as a nation!

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by adomuwiner(m): 9:28am On May 31, 2020
Ijoka road projects

he contractor handling okeobere to Idanre road have moved their equipment from the site due to non payment of contract fund, similarly, the the construction work from from Nepa round about to Ijoka has been stopped .
According to Breeze FM in Ijoka, Ijoka road is in bad shape. Some of the residents of the area have abandoned their home to let room in the town due to the bad road.
akeredolu is playing politics with the road.
Nobody knows the sin of Ijoka people why he abandoned their road and concentrate on oda road

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by maasoap(m): 9:31am On May 31, 2020
athaboi:
I know that obaseki will have his way at the end of the day considering the fact that it's only oshiomole that is fighting him and oshiomole himself have so many enemies so he will be pressured to stop

Mistake number one. Many people in APC do not like arrogant governors like Obaseki. They might not be publicly condemning him but they will support Oshiomole underground in removing him
And secondly, a national chairman like Oshiomole wouldn't find it difficult to rally round and get the backing of other stakeholders to deal with just one governor who betrayed him. After all, he had helped some of these stakeholders too to get their unpopular candidates emerged as APC candidates in the past.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Confirmedzombie: 9:33am On May 31, 2020
What all this illiterates comment above me dont no is that Benin is not Lagos.

Obasike will won and nothing will happens.

People just spoken rubbish hear. Someone should told the illiterates above me that Benin is no lagos

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Ibadanpikin: 9:42am On May 31, 2020
jidamsel43:
Tinubu has become not just the national leader of the ruling party but also a giant political force in Africa
Okay since he is a political giant let him come and try his luck at Anambra.Thief wey no fit deliver Oyo state.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by nzube89(m): 9:47am On May 31, 2020
Ibadanpikin:
Okay since he is a political giant let him come and try his luck at Anambra.Thief wey no fit deliver Oyo state.
he coming hiding under ifeanyi Uba guy tinubu sabi Nigerian politics well

4 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Cosbyrich: 9:48am On May 31, 2020
darecool:

The way Lagos grew from being poor to riches in 20years? How much are you paid to support these evil politicians and their evil hangups

That is the problem of some of us.
I am not like you who are paid to vote for certain candidates.
Tinubu is a thief but which of those politicians is not a thief?

The only reason I am supporting Tinubu is because I have seen that he has this midas touch thing.He is also a very lucky man and very wise too.

I am a bit spiritual and believe in destiny.

There could be another person that I do not know now but Tinubu is certainly a lucky man that relates with or touches something and that thing grows.

I am very sure that Nigeria will grow positively under him.

6 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by oluwasegun007(m): 9:49am On May 31, 2020
Tinubu and osho na 5 and 6..

But I don't see reconciliation here...

The governor redicled osho baba wella...

I hope he'll forgive and not do pay back.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Blackmann001: 9:54am On May 31, 2020
jidamsel43:
Tinubu has become not just the national leader of the ruling party but also a giant political force in Africa

Stop sayi g what you don't know..... Is tinubu bigger than obj in Africa or the world..?

NO ONE I. AFRICA RESPECTS TINUBU CUZ HE IS SYNANYMOUS WITH CORUPTION...... But the all listen to abj.....

How many inportant Africa wide conferences have you seen tinubu....? NIGERIA is just a corruption celebrating country hence tinubu is still celebrated

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Comedian2019: 9:55am On May 31, 2020
Bighead9:
Ugly Obaseki must go, we no wan here stories. The good people of Edo are tired of his incompetence.

İze Iyamu is our next Governor, Edo people are wiser now.
Shameless idi@t

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by idahme(m): 9:56am On May 31, 2020
Bighead9:
Ugly Obaseki must go, we no wan here stories. The good people of Edo are tired of his incompetence.

Have u guys ever been wise? Not to talk of been wiser.......u guys are not serious I swear.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by loffers(m): 9:56am On May 31, 2020
oluwasegun007:
Tinubu and osho na 5 and 6..

But I don't see reconciliation here...

The governor redicled osho baba wella...

I hope he'll forgive and not do pay back.

This is politics so anything can still happen.
If the ongoing reconciliation works out well and he agrees to do a proper inauguration of the state assembly.
Everything is about give and take,So he should be ready to give
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by ddippset(m): 9:58am On May 31, 2020
StreetFight:
Tinubu is their father any day and any time. When ugly Obaseki was fighting his gorilla godfather, where were the governors then? Sebi they were all hailing the idiot and plotting with him to remove Oshiomhole from office. They are all bastards for trying to beg Tinubu to help them beg Oshiomhole.

Same nonsense they did with the black and ugly Ambode. They were hailing Ambode while the idiotic fool was fighting everyone that worked to get him to office. When the people lead by Tinubu pulled the rug under Ambode's feet and stripped Ambode nakked at the market square, the foolish conspirators started running helter skelter from Buhari to Tinubu, from Oba of Lagos to Oba of Cotonou, but Tinubu stood his ground and showed them whom the boss is.

Obaseki is gone and gone for good just like the 46 betrayer Senators of APC that colluded with Bukola Saraki and Atikuchukwu Abubakar.
grin grin

Why are you calling everybody ugly?

Do you have a problem with ugly people?

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by ddippset(m): 10:02am On May 31, 2020
emkz:
No.

Obaseki needs to meet and placate the APC Chieftains in Edo one by one like Chris Ogienwonyi, Pius Odubu, Solomon Edebiri, Amadasun, Charles Airhiavbere and the 14 House of Assembly members he refused to permit their inauguration. Obaseki messed up by sidelining these political leaders thinking they were dispensable, which Oshiomole never did. Oshiomole is not the only factor that determines who takes the party ticket.

If Obaseki thinks a political maestro like Tinubu would talk to a dogged fighter like Oshiomole to accommodate Obaseki or a man of process like Buhari would interfere in a state's political matter, then Obaseki is not politically saavy and would make it easy to kick him out at the primaries or rigged out in the main elections.

Obaseki, save your honour and don't contest. Even if you win, Oshiomole would never take your name to INEC.
grin grin grin
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by seproperties(m): 10:02am On May 31, 2020
Let the best man wins .Politics is not a do or die affair.
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Nobody: 10:09am On May 31, 2020
DonTattaglia:

In your fantasy right. Keep masturbating..
It's definitely not my fantasy man....i personally don't admire his personality.... but once it comes to politics, I think he's one of the smartest politician we have today in Nigeria....
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Nobody: 10:14am On May 31, 2020
Meet Tinubu for what na? Make the guy prove his popularity in edo like akeredolu did when same Tinubu shamefully went to Ondo to favour a candidate who later joined another party after losing the tinubu's heavily-sponsored primaries.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by senatordave1(m): 10:19am On May 31, 2020
fairfora:
Meet Tinubu for what na? Make the guy prove his popularity in edo like akeredolu did when same Tinubu shamefully went to Ondo to favour a candidate who later joined another party after losing the tinubu's heavily-sponsored primaries.

You have started again.when did segun Abraham join another party

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by bkool7(m): 10:22am On May 31, 2020
What did you people do to save Ambode?
You left him alone to drown.
It was only Oshiomole that was on record to have been running up and down to save Ambode.
Go ahead and have your meetings, but what's going to be will be

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Nobody: 10:22am On May 31, 2020
senatordave1:

You have started again.when did segun Abraham join another party
grin I've been waiting for your comment co i know I'm one of your sought-after on political issues. I no mention name oo. Go and check the archive in case you have forgotten. Good morning friend
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by paradigmshift(m): 10:24am On May 31, 2020
Bighead9:

Ode...
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by bkool7(m): 10:25am On May 31, 2020
fairfora:

Tinubu never visited Ondo before or during the election.
He only sent his boys, and the whole support was covert.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by bkool7(m): 10:26am On May 31, 2020
loffers:

This is politics so anything can still happen.
If the ongoing reconciliation works out well and he agrees to do a proper inauguration of the state assembly.
Everything is about give and take,So he should be ready to give

Not this one.

There are certain things you can't undo

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by bkool7(m): 10:27am On May 31, 2020
athaboi:
I know that obaseki will have his way at the end of the day considering the fact that it's only oshiomole that is fighting him and oshiomole himself have so many enemies so he will be pressured to stop

You forgot to add that Oshiomole has more friends in higher places than foes

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by bkool7(m): 10:28am On May 31, 2020
StreetFight:

He has never lost an election

Tinubu can't be president.

He himself knows it

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by AntonVince: 10:29am On May 31, 2020
Cosbyrich:

Tinubu will become the president in 2023 and Nigeria will grow positively and exponentially rich.

Tinubu will be president of your family.
Supporter of criminals!

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Deemas(m): 10:32am On May 31, 2020
How many times will Obaseki reconcile with Oshiomole?
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by uau(m): 10:41am On May 31, 2020
U are talking thrash. This is the best governor that Edo state has ever produced. I am not from Edo state but I live there and support PDP. But I am fully in support of him. U talk of roads, it is uncountable. Ugbor-amagba, Irhirhi-ebo-sapele road, GRA etc.

ionsman:

God bless you! You’ll live long. In terms of infrastructure, Edo state has regressed so bad. The only worthy road Obaseki has done in 4 frigging years is TV road. Can you imagine?
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Karlifate: 10:49am On May 31, 2020
bkool7:

Tinubu can't be president.

He himself knows it
AntonVince:

Tinubu will be president of your family.
Supporter of criminals!
Just leave those internet sycophant gunning for likes & shares, most of them are teenagers with no PVC. That's why I ignored that Streetf!ght moniker. They'll just transfer their real-life frustration to you on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by boookworm: 10:49am On May 31, 2020
handie:
Why on earth would a 'popular governor' be afraid of direct primaries? With the crisis in Edo APC, d only mode of election that can prevent a repeat of the Zamfara incident is a direct primary election. Why on earth is Obaseki afraid? He has d same access Ize-Iyamu and every other aspirant has to d party faithfuls. What is he jittery about? As an Edo man, truth be say Obaseki too Bleep up. Nobody knew him in Edo political circles prior to 2016. Oshiomole brought him in and practically ran his campaign for him. While I'm against godfatherism, there's what we call political patronage and Obaseki could have done that while still being his own man. But nah, he'd rather engage in an open fight with his predecessor and every party man. Imagine going as far as lobbying to have the NDDC appointment of the ex deputy governor revoked cause he is not from his camp. Would any of the so called progressive governors be happy if the Oshiomole treatment is meted to them by their successors who they almost singlehandedly installed? As for development, forget what u read online. I'm an Edo man and I can tell you for a fact that Obaseki hasn't done zilch apart from some civil service reforms and d repositioning of the primary and post primary education sectors. Infrastructurally, Obaseki is a non performer. How can anyone even be agitating for an indirect primary which is a cesspool of corruption as d few delegates selected can be easily influenced with state funds.
No such thing as political patronage. All na Godfatherism, stop contradicting yourself. Oshomole wants to be the very thing he fought against.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Clothingonline9(m): 10:50am On May 31, 2020
Buy brand new Turkey shirts at affordable prices Nationwide/worldwide delivery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No Going Back On Proposed Nationwide Strike – NLC / Ikpeazu Delivers 'Made-In-Aba' Shoes To Obasanjo (Photos) / Amaechi: I Was Not Beaten In Spain, IPOB Evil Plot Failed Woefully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.